PDA

View Full Version : Dwight on re-signing and his injury status

jsthornton7
02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Whenever he makes appearances in Los Angeles, Lakers center Dwight Howard noticed the city hasn’t entirely embraced him. He understands why.

“I understand why they’re hesitating,” Howard said. “Because I haven’t signed a deal.”

Howard will become an unrestricted free agent this offseason and hasn’t publicly indicated if he will stay. He could re-sign for five years and $117.9 million instead of a four-year, $87.6 million deal with another team. He believes expressing his intentions would be a distraction.

“I’m here right now, so there’s no need for me to have one foot in and one foot out,” he said. “I’m here. I’m going to do everything I can to help this team win right now, and that’s the only thing that matters.”

Almost.

Howard conceded he’s looking forward to the summer so he can fully heal his 10-month-old surgically repaired back and aggravated labrum in his right shoulder.

I’m used to training all summer and coming back in tip-top shape,” he said. “It didn’t happen this year, so I’m looking forward to having a full summer and training camp.”

So much for living in the moment.

“That’s the only part I’m looking forward to, getting my body back,” he said. “I’m nowhere near who I was in Orlando. In Orlando, I could play 40 minutes and never get tired. Here I give you about 10 minutes.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/02/14/dwight-howard-wont-promise-long-term-commitment-to-lakers/

mOrphosis
02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Blah blah blah Dwight. Ask any Orlando fan...Every day which he dodges about his future in LA is another day that confirms that he will sign elsewhere.

socalpkrbkr
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
I fail to see how it would be a distraction for him to say he plans on resigning. It's only a distraction if he says he's not.

The media needs to stop asking him and he needs to stop talking about it.

Just shut your hole and play basketball. That is all.

midwestlaker75
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Don't care if he is 100%, Not the right man for the job!

Pearljammer II
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Here I only give you ten minutes .... sheesh... did he really say that... no wonder Kobe & Nash are at their wits end with this guy...

beliges
02-14-2013, 01:51 PM

Hes the right man for the job if we had a coach that can define his role and make him buy in. Dwight is the guy that should focus on dominating the paint defensively and gobbling up rebounds. Nothing more is needed out of Dwight. Unfortunately, Dwight has his mind set on being a #1 option for a team or a cornerstone for a franchise. His offensive abilities are too much of a liability for him to be a go to guy offensively. The sooner he realizes and embraces this, he can become a beloved figure in Lakers history because that will help move this team to a much more positive direction.

handle
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM

You're nuts. I'm looking forward to having Dwight back next year at 100% and then reading all of the Dwight ***-kissing that will be going on.

Decimotox
02-14-2013, 02:29 PM
It's distracting to me that he won't just say he's gonna resign so the city would love him. I'm not getting close to Dwight as far as a fan attachment or whatever, because I'm 75% sure he's gone this summer. Oh well I suppose.

If he says he'd resign, then I think fans would care less about his injuries now and look forward to his healthy times. Since it seems, and he's indicating, he might leave in a couple months, every fan is pissed at his injuries because we want him to play well now before we lose him.

Decimotox
02-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Double post. I hate this ****** Internet I get at work.

I also love how iPads capitalize Internet.

Tymathee
02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
I wish I could punch him in his throat everytime he dodgers the question. It's either yes or no, saying he wants to stay will change NOTHING.

GetShrutedOn
02-14-2013, 02:56 PM
It's distracting to me that he won't just say he's gonna resign so the city would love him. I'm not getting close to Dwight as far as a fan attachment or whatever, because I'm 75% sure he's gone this summer. Oh well I suppose.

If he says he'd resign, then I think fans would care less about his injuries now and look forward to his healthy times. Since it seems, and he's indicating, he might leave in a couple months, every fan is pissed at his injuries because we want him to play well now before we lose him.

Yea, I don't really understand Dwight's thought process here. However, I don't understand a lot of the things he says or does. He's kind of an idiot. It would be way less distracting if he just said he was going to resign.

CLASSOF72
02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
I have no respect for this guy at all. I didn't have respect for him when he was in Oralndo and i definately don't now. I just can't believe we even have this guy in a Lakers uniiform if he wasn't going to sign for sure.

Vinylman
02-14-2013, 03:12 PM
You're nuts. I'm looking forward to having Dwight back next year at 100% and then reading all of the Dwight ***-kissing that will be going on.

it really is going to be comical around here

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2013, 03:23 PM

I was about to post but this is exactly what I was going to write :clap:

Hit the nail right on the head

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
it really is going to be comical around here

Seriously :p I'm gonna laugh the whole time too

Iron24th
02-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Dwight if you're not going to commit publicy, shut the F up.

Vinylman
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM

yeah... people want the guy to be perfect but it is pretty simple... he is gonna get maxed somewhere and it might as well be here... not to mention that he will be the one ATTRACTNG FA's in 2014 not kobe or anyone else... If he doesn't work out we can always trade him later... people will be lining up to trade for him anyway...

posters never think through the implications of not signing him... not to mention that we won't get jack chit in return if we trade him....

D12 is the key to NOT having a long rebuild and most likely the only one who has the leverage to help get rid of dandummy.

CLASSOF72
02-14-2013, 03:34 PM

Yeah, just like your boy Howard does when he's getting hisass kicked by a true champion ala the Lakers - Magic finals.

KillaInstinct24
02-14-2013, 07:20 PM
how many athletes have signed extensions during the season?

Vinylman
02-14-2013, 07:22 PM

he can't sign a max deal until the offseason...

its a stupid NBA rule... quite idiotic actually

jaydubb
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Dwight Howard said

I don't want it to become a distraction

Avoiding that particular question has become a HUUUUUUGE distraction. Does he just think reporters will be like, "oh.. He doesn't want to talk about resigning so lets move on to something else :)"

Honestly, I think this is a major reason why the Lakers are not playing very well. Could its very possible (because D12 keeps avoiding that question) that deep down in the back of every laker players head they are thinking,"this guy doesn't even want to be here, why would he avoid those questions if he does want to be here?" I think Dwight is a major cancer in the locker room which is why the were actually playing better together once D12 missed those 3 games a few weeks ago and Pau was starting. Don't get me wrong, at full strength D12>Pau but Pau isn't a cancer in the lockerroom, Dwight is..

jaydubb
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM

Colby Brian did, but your right it doesn't happen very often especially for top players

Vinylman
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Colby Brian did, but your right it doesn't happen very often especially for top players

D12 isn't eligible for an extension... let alone would he be signing one

New Power House
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM

Have CP3 already sign one with the Clippers? Smith? No! Howard,just like the rest,will wait to the last minute. They need to be sure that their teams can give them the chips to run for a title. Lakers so far look like Jimbaco is the one telling him to get the hell out of town!! SO the questions should be actually addressed to him. DO you really want him to stay? Jimbaco,before your father die,please get off your throne and fire your project before is too late!

New Power House
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Dwight Howard said

Avoiding that particular question has become a HUUUUUUGE distraction. Does he just think reporters will be like, "oh.. He doesn't want to talk about resigning so lets move on to something else :)"

Honestly, I think this is a major reason why the Lakers are not playing very well. Could its very possible (because D12 keeps avoiding that question) that deep down in the back of every laker players head they are thinking,"this guy doesn't even want to be here, why would he avoid those questions if he does want to be here?" I think Dwight is a major cancer in the locker room which is why the were actually playing better together once D12 missed those 3 games a few weeks ago and Pau was starting. Don't get me wrong, at full strength D12>Pau but Pau isn't a cancer in the lockerroom, Dwight is..

The reason the team is not performing well is NO D A! No way around!

jaydubb
02-14-2013, 07:51 PM
The reason the team is not performing well is NO D A! No way around!

I agree 100%. I make it very clear in this Laker forum what I think about Dantoni. haha

But still, I think Dwight avoiding that question has a lot to do with the Lakers struggles as well.

jaydubb
02-14-2013, 07:53 PM
D12 isn't eligible for an extension... let alone would he be signing one

Yupp :nod:

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah, just like your boy Howard does when he's getting hisass kicked by a true champion ala the Lakers - Magic finals.

:confused:

I was rooting for the Lakers then and always will be bud but ok whatever makes you sleep better at night.

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2013, 08:44 PM
yeah... people want the guy to be perfect but it is pretty simple... he is gonna get maxed somewhere and it might as well be here... not to mention that he will be the one ATTRACTNG FA's in 2014 not kobe or anyone else... If he doesn't work out we can always trade him later... people will be lining up to trade for him anyway...

posters never think through the implications of not signing him... not to mention that we won't get jack chit in return if we trade him....

D12 is the key to NOT having a long rebuild and most likely the only one who has the leverage to help get rid of dandummy.

Preaching to the choir my friend, 100% with you on this topic.

LA4life24/8
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
I agree ^^^ i hope he resigns (i think he will) i know with this summer off our guys can get proper rest and training in and i think our team comes back really strong next year, just let howard resign somehow get dumbtoni out of town..

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Agreed D'Antoni needs to go ASAP

jaydubb
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Agreed D'Antoni needs to go ASAP

Agreed.. I have some dislike for D12 for what he has (or maybe better word would be to say what he Hasn't) given us so far but he is NOTHING compared to Dantoni.. I hate that guy.. :pity:

CLASSOF72
02-14-2013, 09:29 PM
:confused:

I was rooting for the Lakers then and always will be bud but ok whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Hey man you said that you were going to be laughing when everyone was in here praising Howard as the franchise player of the Lakers org and i was laughing back at you, thats all. I was one of the guys chastizing D12 in this thread and Your post was antoganistic to mine, so I fired back.
I don't think Dwight has it in him to be a franchise player of a team like the Los Angeles Lakers. Howard doesn't have the grit to be the leader like a Kobe, Magic, Jordan or the like(hence the refrence to his laughing while LA was handing hisass back to him in a nicely wrapped package). All he seems to be good for at this point is being the diva of a franchise and in Orlando that worked(minus the bling) and in LA all we get is this BS. That is just my opinion but, dont laugh at me for it cause, I've seen the greats become greats and I don't see it in him and his clock is ticking.

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Cool, good for you bro :)

And for the record, I will be laughing when Howard returns to tip top shape next year and everyone will be jocking him. You seem to have watched the Lakers as long or longer than me so you know how flip-flop most of our brothers and sisters can be in LaLa land. One minute we love you the next we want to trade you, we just have high standards but right now it seems only some of us can see it
Coming.

Vinylman
02-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey man you said that you were going to be laughing when everyone was in here praising Howard as the franchise player of the Lakers org and i was laughing back at you, thats all. I was one of the guys chastizing D12 in this thread and Your post was antoganistic to mine, so I fired back.
I don't think Dwight has it in him to be a franchise player of a team like the Los Angeles Lakers. Howard doesn't have the grit to be the leader like a Kobe, Magic, Jordan or the like(hence the refrence to his laughing while LA was handing hisass back to him in a nicely wrapped package). All he seems to be good for at this point is being the diva of a franchise and in Orlando that worked(minus the bling) and in LA all we get is this BS. That is just my opinion but, dont laugh at me for it cause, I've seen the greats become greats and I don't see it in him and his clock is ticking.

why would anyone assume he is going to be the "franchise" player even if he signs a max deal? Is Westbrook a franchise player in OKC? Is Bosh in Miami? Is Hibbert in Indy? I can go on and on...

what D12 will be is a max player in this league THAT WILL ATTRACT THE FRANCHISE PLAYER...

It's no different than what happened in Miami with Wade and Lebron

You can't go wrong signing D12 to a max deal... if he doesn't work out you ship him out later...

it's common sense

Jenceman
02-14-2013, 10:43 PM
I just hope he re-signs, who cares what he says now. Just need him to play well for the time being, and re-sign in the off-season.

To those saying he's not the man for the job, you're crazy. Dwight is a franchise cornerstone, he still isn't fully healthy, and you don't just let franchise cornerstones walk away.

CLASSOF72
02-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Cool, good for you bro :)

And for the record, I will be laughing when Howard returns to tip top shape next year and everyone will be jocking him. You seem to have watched the Lakers as long or longer than me so you know how flip-flop most of our brothers and sisters can be in LaLa land. One minute we love you the next we want to trade you, we just have high standards but right now it seems only some of us can see it
Coming.

Well some of us do have foresite and some of us don't but, all I see in Howard is a cancerous diva. If injury was his only problem why is he calling out Kobe for touches and attitude and not showing his commitment to the Lakers franchise, like Kobe does day in and day out? A winner would be giving what he could and supporting a proven champ like Bryant - wouldn't he? (and vynaltroll can suck me on the max contract role player BS, cause if Howard was that he'd wouldn't be causing any issues and being such an *** hole about resigning)
As far as waffling goes yeah it's the most entertaining aspect of these forums we win one and evrybody is on board lose one and evrybody is ready to throw it all away(bandwagoneres), but in the case of Howard noones going to be laughing but our rivals if he even signs with us - what a ****ing joke? And, I wasn't trying to be a dick to you G1 I like your posting in here and for the most part I always agree with ya but, Howard is seriously pissing me off these days and I just don't like the new attitude with the leagues bigs. Yeah, I've been a fan for many years in fact i was courtside when many of the posters in here were still suckling their mamas tties.

KillaInstinct24
02-14-2013, 11:02 PM
he can't sign a max deal until the offseason...

its a stupid NBA rule... quite idiotic actually

so why would he committ now? im playing devil's advocate, but he obviously doesn't have the focus of say, a kobe, so he should be concerned with the now, over the future, he can decide in the offseason when he has time to survey the situation and make the best choice for him because we can't expect him to do anything else.

KobeOwnSU
02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Don't care. I hate Dwight. No matter how many championships he could win with the Lakers, I will never like or respect him in any manner. I have stayed consistent with this since we traded for him and will not flop from this statement.

CLASSOF72
02-14-2013, 11:18 PM
why would anyone assume he is going to be the "franchise" player even if he signs a max deal? Is Westbrook a franchise player in OKC? Is Bosh in Miami? Is Hibbert in Indy? I can go on and on...

what D12 will be is a max player in this league THAT WILL ATTRACT THE FRANCHISE PLAYER...

It's no different than what happened in Miami with Wade and Lebron

You can't go wrong signing D12 to a max deal... if he doesn't work out you ship him out later...

it's common sense

So who is that going to be? Durrant? Lebron? Paul? Cause, there is noone else in the league who would qualify for that after Bryant is gone. And, what I hear out of the org is that they intend to build arround Howard not the other way around. I mean your way of thinking on this is so low IQ and uninformed I don't know what to say about it. Do you really think our plan is to get one of them and expect Howard to eat after them when he wont do it with Kobe? And if D12 can't work with Bryant who is he going to work with? I can't believe I am responding to one of your posts, but it was so comedic that i couldn't resist. There has to be a go to guy ala the fore mentioned players i listed and we have one on our roster in Kobe and Dwight doesn't like sharing the stage with him - he's anass and a cancer end of story.

Vinylman
02-14-2013, 11:18 PM
so why would he committ now? im playing devil's advocate, but he obviously doesn't have the focus of say, a kobe, so he should be concerned with the now, over the future, he can decide in the offseason when he has time to survey the situation and make the best choice for him because we can't expect him to do anything else.

i wouldn't if i was him... and for the record last time i checked CP3 hasn't committed **** to the Clippers yet he gets no flack...

D12's only mistake is even saying anything ... he should just stand there stone faced when asked and say

NEXT!!

troyler21hxc
02-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Well then......

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Well some of us do have foresite and some of us don't but, all I see in Howard is a cancerous diva. If injury was his only problem why is he calling out Kobe for touches and attitude and not showing his commitment to the Lakers franchise, like Kobe does day in and day out? A winner would be giving what he could and supporting a proven champ like Bryant - wouldn't he? (and vynaltroll can suck me on the max contract role player BS, cause if Howard was that he'd wouldn't be causing any issues and being such an *** hole about resigning)
As far as waffling goes yeah it's the most entertaining aspect of these forums we win one and evrybody is on board lose one and evrybody is ready to throw it all away(bandwagoneres), but in the case of Howard noones going to be laughing but our rivals if he even signs with us - what a ****ing joke? And, I wasn't trying to be a dick to you G1 I like your posting in here and for the most part I always agree with ya but, Howard is seriously pissing me off these days and I just don't like the new attitude with the leagues bigs. Yeah, I've been a fan for many years in fact i was courtside when many of the posters in here were still suckling their mamas tties.

Haha classic post bro and I can understand your frustration my friend :)

Let's just hope for the best and see if we can turn this thing around but I do still believe Howard can lead our Lakers to a championship.

Guess it might be a little silly but I just have a feeling he'll be responsible for helping our franchise hang up a couple more banners and finally passin up the Celtics in the title count :)

Vinylman
02-14-2013, 11:23 PM
So who is that going to be? Durrant? Lebron? Paul? Cause, there is noone else in the league who would qualify for that after Bryant is gone. And, what I hear out of the org is that they intend to build arround Howard not the other way around. I mean your way of thinking on this is so low IQ and uninformed I don't know what to say about it. Do you really think our plan is to get one of them and expect Howard to eat after them when he wont do it with Kobe? And if D12 can't work with Bryant who is he going to work with? I can't believe I am responding to one of your posts, but it was so comedic that i couldn't resist. There has to be a go to guy ala the fore mentioned players i listed and we have one on our roster in Kobe and Dwight doesn't like sharing the stage with him - he's anass and a cancer end of story.

Bolded proves my point that emotional people on the subject can't be rational

no worries dude... you are obviously clueless...

enlighten us on your Laker strategy...

what's that

:cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

thats what i thought

CLASSOF72
02-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Haha classic post bro and I can understand your frustration my friend :)

Let's just hope for the best and see if we can turn this thing around but I do still believe Howard can lead our Lakers to a championship.

Guess it might be a little silly but I just have a feeling he'll be responsible for helping our franchise hang up a couple more banners and finally passin up the Celtics in the title count :)

Well, theres a reason I don't work for the org. I am just a fan and I am just giving my opinion and it is mostly is based on my frustration with Howards attitude and maybe the Bynum years didn't help, but I just don't see the edge in Dwight and if he don't like being the number two guy I don't see it working out with if we get a guy with that edge as we have now in Bryant. At the end of the day though, all I want and why I an frustrated is I want nothing more than to pass the c's in the title count and I would love to have seen it done in the Dr. Busses life time. I hope we beat the hell out of the clips tonight in honor of Jerry. Thanks for the peace G1 and Let's Go Lakers!!!

CLASSOF72
02-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Bolded proves my point that emotional people on the subject can't be rational

no worries dude... you are obviously clueless...

enlighten us on your Laker strategy...

what's that

:cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

thats what i thought

:yawn:

Vinylman
02-15-2013, 12:38 PM
:yawn:

as i suspected

:cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

b-ballistic
02-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Well, theres a reason I don't work for the org. I am just a fan and I am just giving my opinion and it is mostly is based on my frustration with Howards attitude and maybe the Bynum years didn't help, but I just don't see the edge in Dwight and if he don't like being the number two guy I don't see it working out with if we get a guy with that edge as we have now in Bryant. At the end of the day though, all I want and why I an frustrated is I want nothing more than to pass the c's in the title count and I would love to have seen it done in the Dr. Busses life time. I hope we beat the hell out of the clips tonight in honor of Jerry. Thanks for the peace G1 and Let's Go Lakers!!!

You're not alone, bro. You're not at all alone.