PDA

View Full Version : Knicks interested in Luke Ridnour

eternal slumber
02-14-2013, 11:50 AM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/knicks-have-expressed-interest-in-luke-ridnour.html

DoMeFavors
02-14-2013, 12:07 PM
he would start for them, trade Felton (again) lol.

JiffyMix88
02-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Who really should be making a run at him is the Nets now that Derron is hurt and the fact he was already fat and out of shape.

Derron < Luke at this point

JiffyMix88
02-14-2013, 12:10 PM

haggis
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Already got him in the Mock Trade Deadline game:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?801679-GM-s-Clubhouses&p=25329459#post25329459

farren.louis
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Knick fans dont think melo is going to be gone? Because he his the downfall of the knicks he's a horrible team player

HYFR
02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
^dumb comment of the day. Congrats

TheNumber37
02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
he would help tons because it would allow them to have to PGs who can actually run an offense in Felton and Luke.

if they can find a way to keep shump, is say go for it..
I still think they should keep.brewer because he is gonna be great in the playoffs with his defense on LeBron, granger, Joe johnson, pierce, Paul George type players that they will have to see.

can they really get the deal done with some sort of Novak, Camby package...?
any deal with Novak won't even go down until he competes in the 3 point contest, where his value will inflate for a couple days.

farren.louis
02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
TAKE LIN BACK! HE's GARBAGE

DoMeFavors
02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Who really should be making a run at him is the Nets now that Derron is hurt and the fact he was already fat and out of shape.

Derron < Luke at this point

Because he is hurt? Luke isnt better than Deron not even close. They shouldnt be in the same setence. Guess in the 2010 playoffs when LeBrons arm was hurt and he struggled then Ron Artest was better.

Mr_Jones
02-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Actually, the Nets are interested in Luke Ridnour.

lvlheaded
02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Luke would be a nice addition. I'd rather get front court help though. I'd do Novak, Brewer, and Priggie Smalls for Luke and Budinger if this is where Grundie wants to go. Salaries work and the Wolves are stacked in the back court. Novak fits right into that lineup of being the whitest team in the league :D

NYJ - NYY
02-14-2013, 01:02 PM
nets are better without deron

DoMeFavors
02-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Luke would be a nice addition. I'd rather get front court help though. I'd do Novak, Brewer, and Priggie Smalls for Luke and Budinger if this is where Grundie wants to go. Salaries work and the Wolves are stacked in the back court. Novak fits right into that lineup of being the whitest team in the league :D

thats nice but those 3 players you named are terrible and one has an awful contract. For two of Wolves better players.

Sota4Ever
02-14-2013, 01:04 PM

No budinger.

AI
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Another Knick thread completely trolled and gone offtopic thanks to DMF.

Good job mods.

Stinkyoutsider
02-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I think the Knicks can do without Ridnour. Unless they're willing to move Kidd or Felton?

Too many point guards for the Knicks already I think. But Brookland could def use him. Williams is still fighting injury and Ridnour is a solid point guard so he can fill in until Williams gets back. What would the Wolves want from the Nets though? Won't trade Lopez but if they could get the money to work out, I bet the Nets might be willing to dump Humphries for him. With Love still being out of the lineup (until late next month), they could use Humphries in the rotation until Love gets back. Then use his expiring contract next year and move him for more assets.

knicks=love
02-14-2013, 04:07 PM
DMF ruins another thread

PurpleJesus
02-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Luke is a nice player. He gets some flack in Minnesota, but that is because we have him play SG, as we have no one else to do it. He is about as quality of a backup you can have at the PG position, and he is can be a fringe starter too. On a team like the Knicks as well, where there is a primary ball handler in Carmelo, Luke would be even better. Few turnovers, can spot up for a jumper, provides a steady presence.

NYJ - NYY
02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
DMF ruins another thread

true dat shizzit my nizzit

Hawkeye15
02-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Luke is a nice player. He gets some flack in Minnesota, but that is because we have him play SG, as we have no one else to do it. He is about as quality of a backup you can have at the PG position, and he is can be a fringe starter too. On a team like the Knicks as well, where there is a primary ball handler in Carmelo, Luke would be even better. Few turnovers, can spot up for a jumper, provides a steady presence.

Exactly right. Luke is being asked to do something he shouldn't be doing, not his fault. He is money from midrange, can create a bit, and is an ideal backup PG. Not much of a 3 point shooter or defender, but he is steady. I am interested to see what the Knicks are offering. The Wolves probably will not take on long term deals, outside maybe Novak (we need 3 point shooting so badly it isn't even funny), so Camby, or Kidd or even Felton are not happening.

I could see a Brewer/Novak for Ridnour swap.

nycericanguy
02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Exactly right. Luke is being asked to do something he shouldn't be doing, not his fault. He is money from midrange, can create a bit, and is an ideal backup PG. Not much of a 3 point shooter or defender, but he is steady. I am interested to see what the Knicks are offering. The Wolves probably will not take on long term deals, outside maybe Novak (we need 3 point shooting so badly it isn't even funny), so Camby, or Kidd or even Felton are not happening.

Novak is the only one that makes sense contract wise, but don't you guys have Budinger for that role next year? Would MIN really tie up $12m over the next 3 years on Novak?

I can't see Novak AND Brewer... I just don't see a match between these teams.

Unless its maybe a bigger deal, like Dwil & Ridnour for Novak & Shump... but I don't think I like that deal as a Knick fan.

nycericanguy
02-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Double post

strahan92osi72
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Right now the Knicks need a reliable backup for Felton, plus Luke can also start at the 2 and the Knicks don't have to rely on Kidd as much until the playoffs start. The Knicks need Kidd to recharge his batteries because they were playing their best ball early on when he was fresh. They will need the Kidd from early in the year to be a serious contender in the playoffs. It's no secret the Knicks have relied on him too much, especially when Felton was out.

strahan92osi72
02-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Novak is the only one that makes sense contract wise, but don't you guys have Budinger for that role next year? Would MIN really tie up $12m over the next 3 years on Novak?

Unless its maybe a bigger deal, like Dwil & Ridnour for Novak & Shump... but I don't think I like that deal as a Knick fan.Did you watch D-Will last night? Don't forget he's still very young, as is Shump. Maybe a change of scenery for both of these guys would be great for their development.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2013, 05:19 PM

Unless its maybe a bigger deal, like Dwil & Ridnour for Novak & Shump... but I don't think I like that deal as a Knick fan.

We are so depleted at SG, we march Luke and Barea out there to play it. Brewer would at least be a 6'6" defensive presence. And for this year, and beyond, having a 3 point shooter in Novak, to go along with Bud (if we re-sign), and Love when he is healthy, would be excellent.

A player like Novak can be moved easily, he has a skillset every team loves, and his deal isn't that bad.

I would love to get Shump, but not sure what it would cost.

nycericanguy
02-14-2013, 05:19 PM
[/B]Did you watch D-Will last night? Don't forget he's still very young, as is Shump. Maybe a change of scenery for both of these guys would be great for their development.

Don't wanna bash Dwil, but just because a player is young doesn't mean they will necessarily get better. He's played over 100 games already and with all of MIN's injuries he's had plenty of chances to really step up and produce, but he hasn't. Just not a big fan, and he doesn't really fill a need for us like a healthy Shump would.

I'd much prefer Jared Dudley and a 1st for Shump.

nycericanguy
02-14-2013, 05:21 PM
We are so depleted at SG, we march Luke and Barea out there to play it. Brewer would at least be a 6'6" defensive presence. And for this year, and beyond, having a 3 point shooter in Novak, to go along with Bud (if we re-sign), and Love when he is healthy, would be excellent.

A player like Novak can be moved easily, he has a skillset every team loves, and his deal isn't that bad.

I would love to get Shump, but not sure what it would cost.

ahh didn't realize Budinger is a FA to be. I mean for this year it looks like MIN is out of it, so I was looking at it more longterm for them. I like Chase.

Novak straight up for Ridnour could work... I wouldn't include Brewer though, I think he'll regain his form and help NY in the playoffs.

strahan92osi72
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Don't wanna bash Dwil, but just because a player is young doesn't mean they will necessarily get better. He's played over 100 games already and with all of MIN's injuries he's had plenty of chances to really step up and produce, but he hasn't. Just not a big fan, and he doesn't really fill a need for us like a healthy Shump would.

I'd much prefer Jared Dudley and a 1st for Shump.

Me too, but mainly because of the pick, not a huge fan of Dudley. If Minny offered D-Will, Ridnour, and a protected 1st for Shump and Novak I think that can be a fair trade.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2013, 05:23 PM
ahh didn't realize Budinger is a FA to be. I mean for this year it looks like MIN is out of it, so I was looking at it more longterm for them. I like Chase.

Novak straight up for Ridnour could work... I wouldn't include Brewer though, I think he'll regain his form and help NY in the playoffs.

oh we are out of it haha. We moved over the 200 missed games on the roster due to injruy/illness last night and you can pack on another 15-20 for Love, 10-15 for Budinger, the season for Lee, probably Roy too, and whatever else happens between now and then.

Awesome.

nycericanguy
02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Me too, but mainly because of the pick, not a huge fan of Dudley. If Minny offered D-Will, Ridnour, and a protected 1st for Shump and Novak I think that can be a fair trade.

There are very few players that would fit in here as well as Dudley IMO. He's a guy you don't have to worry about making a dumb play... he's just a smart, solid, efficient, all around player. And we honestly need more guys like that vs guys who are going to be streaky and shoot 40%.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2013, 05:26 PM

you are overrating Shump a bit imho. I think he has lockdown defender potential, but doesn't impress me a ton on offense. Williams has played stronger the past 15 games or so, Rubio helps, but Adelman just doesn't play him much for some reason, that I will never get. There is no doubt Williams needs to be moved eventually for a change of scenery, but a 1st round pick and Luke are not going with him to get Shumpert and a shooter.

AI
02-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Hawkeye, what do you think of Shumpert, Camby and Brewer for Kirilenko, Barea and a first?

noodle
02-14-2013, 08:41 PM
thats nice but those 3 players you named are terrible and one has an awful contract. For two of Wolves better players.

Novak alone is better than half the Nets team.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2013, 10:17 PM
Hawkeye, what do you think of Shumpert, Camby and Brewer for Kirilenko, Barea and a first?

I just don't think that highly of Shumpert outside his potential defensive ability, and being a 12-13 ppg game guy on decent efficiency. That being said, this is a lost year for the Wolves. And THAT being said, I would love to see us healthy next year, with AK there to help, he is a glue guy. And there is no way Shump, Camby, and Brewer are worth a 1st round pick if we are sending the best player away in the trade to begin with.

AI
02-14-2013, 10:33 PM
I meant Novak instead of Camby, my bad.

AI
02-14-2013, 10:47 PM
What do you think of this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=as8mlld

Knicks get Paul Millsap and J.J. Barea
T-Wolves get Steve Novak and James White
Suns get Iman Shumpert and Marcus Camby
Jazz get Jared Dudley, 1st round pick from PHX and 2nd round pick from NY

Magic Bean Fury