PDA

View Full Version : All-Time All-Star Team: East vs. West

DreamShaker
02-14-2013, 03:15 AM
We all know the All-Star Game is coming up. I'm excited that me and the Mrs. will be attending some of it! So it got me thinking...if you put together an All-Time East vs. West roster, who would win? Say the rosters were:

East:

PG: Oscar Robertson/Walt Frazier/Isiah Thomas
SG: MJ/Wade
SF:Lebron/Bird/Dr. J
PF: Bill Russell/Charles Barkley
C: Wilt Chamberlain/Moses Malone

Vs.

West:

PG: Magic Johnson/John Stockton/CP3
SG: Kobe/Jerry West
SF: Elgin Baylor/Kevin Durant
PF: Tim Duncan/Karl Malone
C: Kareem/Shaq/Hakeem

If you can think of better teams, feel free to post.

Who wins?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-14-2013, 03:19 AM
You can construct so much better teams than this for both sides. But for the teams you made, I'd take East.

MJ, Oscar, Lebron and Bird in the perimeter is drool worthy.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-14-2013, 03:22 AM
West all day!

DreamShaker
02-14-2013, 03:22 AM
You can construct so much better teams than this for both sides. But for the teams you made, I'd take East.

MJ, Oscar, Lebron and Bird in the perimeter is drool worthy.

Help me out, who am I missing? Didn't really think it through.

LakersIn5
02-14-2013, 04:11 AM
wilt

NFLNBA
02-14-2013, 04:38 AM
Honestly Shaq would just dominate. IMO he would be the difference. Everyone talks about Jordan being best ever, i for one think Shaq was the most dominating man to ever play. He was unguardable! Im assuming this is everyone in their prime? Magic best PG ever, Kobe and MJ would cross eachother off, Lebron would outmatch Elgin, Tim Duncan best PF ever, and again West is to big with Shaq, Kareem, Hakeem. Also i dont think Wilt should be on the East team. I understand he started out East but he was in his Prime and played his best ball and won his 2 rings while apart of the West.

But man how amazing would that be to watch!?

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-14-2013, 04:41 AM
PG- Big O
SG- MJ
SF-Bird/Lebron/Dr.J
PF- Russell/KG/Barkley
C-Wilt

PG-Magic
SG-Kobe
SF- Baylor
PF-Duncan
C-Kareem/Shaq

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-14-2013, 04:42 AM
The west squad would win easily

STA_PLAR
02-14-2013, 05:20 AM
Somebody just said Kobe and Jordan would match each other out. I have left the building! East would Destroy them. LeBron is just a monster. Everyone is either too slow or too weak to guard him on that west team.

The goods
02-14-2013, 06:20 AM
WEST SIDE!!!!!!!! (in my 2pac voice)

bagwell368
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Bill Russell? A one way player, nah. If this is a one year peak team either KG in '07-'08 or McHale in '85-'86 would blow Russell away - and that's just Celtic players.

Other guys to consider for the East: Moncrief, Billups, Miller, Allen, Ewing, Pippen, Mutombo

West does appear to have the advantage

TyrionLannister
02-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I think we should stick with players who have only represented one side for their career.

I.E. No shaq or players who played on both sides.

Ill post my idea on teams when I get home.

3RDASYSTEM
02-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Honestly Shaq would just dominate. IMO he would be the difference. Everyone talks about Jordan being best ever, i for one think Shaq was the most dominating man to ever play. He was unguardable! Im assuming this is everyone in their prime? Magic best PG ever, Kobe and MJ would cross eachother off, Lebron would outmatch Elgin, Tim Duncan best PF ever, and again West is to big with Shaq, Kareem, Hakeem. Also i dont think Wilt should be on the East team. I understand he started out East but he was in his Prime and played his best ball and won his 2 rings while apart of the West.

But man how amazing would that be to watch!?

Yo break this 'prime' **** down for me, just 1x is all I ask

you mean to tell me that SHAQ at 23ppg 14rpg(rookie yr) wasn't prime?
JORDAN at 28ppg rookie yr wasn't prime?
IVERSON at basically 24ppg and 8ppg rookie wasn't prime?
WILT at basically 38ppg and I don't know say 15-18rpg wasn't prime?
BIRD wasn't prime his rookie yr?
ALCINDOR wasn't prime rookie yr?
MAGIC wasn't prime his rookie yr and yrs on?
BRON/MELO/DURANT didn't have they game rookie yr/preNBA? childplease

for the sake of bball stop misusing a term that is so wishy-washy, dudes are primed offtop, not when its fits a certain age when you feel hes at allstar or allnba type level,because if that's the case they are primed offtop/rookie yr, as shown above, the dudes I named or feel like he best, are from inception

TyrionLannister
02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Looking now, East had almost no centers who stayed exclusively in the East other than Russell, Schayes, etc. They'd form a vicious smallball team with Isiah/Big O/Cousy, Jordan, Bird, and LeBron, but the West wins on size alone.

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Yo break this 'prime' **** down for me, just 1x is all I ask

you mean to tell me that SHAQ at 23ppg 14rpg(rookie yr) wasn't prime?
JORDAN at 28ppg rookie yr wasn't prime?
IVERSON at basically 24ppg and 8ppg rookie wasn't prime?
WILT at basically 38ppg and I don't know say 15-18rpg wasn't prime?
BIRD wasn't prime his rookie yr?
ALCINDOR wasn't prime rookie yr?
MAGIC wasn't prime his rookie yr and yrs on?
BRON/MELO/DURANT didn't have they game rookie yr/preNBA? childplease

for the sake of bball stop misusing a term that is so wishy-washy, dudes are primed offtop, not when its fits a certain age when you feel hes at allstar or allnba type level,because if that's the case they are primed offtop/rookie yr, as shown above, the dudes I named or feel like he best, are from inception

Prime doesn't just mean good. You misinterpreted what prime means. AI certainly wasn't at his prime during that time. Shaq wasn't even close to his prime at his rookie year.