PDA

View Full Version : Hedo Turkoglu Suspended 20 games

ManRam
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Hahahaahahaha!

@TonyMejiaNBA
Hedo Turkoglu has been suspended without pay for 20 games for violating NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program by testing positive for methenolone.

Gonna look this up. Hedo never stops providing the LULZ.

Menthenolone is your stereotypical steroid.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Its a steroid, I think A-Rod tested positive for it a handful of years back.

Deception
02-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Its a steroid, I think A-Rod tested positive for it a handful of years back.

A-Rod and Barry Bonds both did.

I guess the steroid is used along with other steroids as it's a weak type. Anyways, isn't he sitting on the bench from his injury? Is the ban in effect immediately or when he returns?

spreadeagle
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
good,the SECOND he got his big contract he never tried hard in a game again. Really dislike him

spreadeagle
02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Where the hell is Orlando going to get that 2.7 ppg hes been giving them all year, they may be in trouble

ManRam
02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
A-Rod and Barry Bonds both did.

I guess the steroid is used along with other steroids as it's a weak type. Anyways, isn't he sitting on the bench from his injury? Is the ban in effect immediately or when he returns?

He's missed only a few games. He wasn't getting big minutes anyways. He's had a terrible year, even by his recent standards.

In his prime he was my favorite player. We can buy him out next year...so we could have seen his last game as a Magic. He'll come back with like 10 games left. Not sure he'll get minutes when he returns...no reason at all.

I was hoping we'd trade him for a bigger 2013-2014 contract and a pick/young player. I don't care about our salary next season. It's the 2014 offseason I think we're gunning for. This probably kills the chances he's traded...if there ever was a chance in the first place.

chicagocubsfan
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
I blame it on eating too much pizza and sprite.

ThuglifeJ
02-13-2013, 04:20 PM
I despise every Magic fan who tried pleading that Turkoglu was a better overall player than Vince. Orlando's offensive gameplan was so f'd up under SVG that Turkoglu was actually good in it because he was so bad. Then he got payed and became what he is now.

As messed up as their offense was I did enjoy watching the massive amount of 3s they used to put up. Good yet strange days watching that Orlando team beat the Cavs. So many 3s.

Chronz
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Poor guy, hes needed all the help he could get and still cant get on the court.

Six-8-TheWizard
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Where the hell is Orlando going to get that 2.7 ppg hes been giving them all year, they may be in trouble

Imagine his numbers without the steroids

LeperMessiah
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a Hedo to me.

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
It's Hedo Turkoglu not Turkuoglu, my bad. Anyway, he's 1st player to be suspended for PEDs since Magic's Rashard Lewis in 2009.

must be something in the water down there in orlando

Slug3
02-13-2013, 04:26 PM
I mean at least we can see that using PEDS will not make you better in basketball.

FlakeyFool
02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Hediot

b_russ
02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
ball

ManRam
02-13-2013, 04:34 PM
I despise every Magic fan who tried pleading that Turkoglu was a better overall player than Vince. Orlando's offensive gameplan was so f'd up under SVG that Turkoglu was actually good in it because he was so bad. Then he got payed and became what he is now.

They both sucked when they both were in Orlando.

Hedo was never great, but he was a really good playmaker. One of the best point-forwards in the league at a time. He was vital to the offense and our Finals run. He wasn't an awful player, he just has become one since he left Orlando the first time. Never a star or anything, but a valuable piece to the offense.

ManRam
02-13-2013, 04:35 PM
must be something in the water down there in orlando

They were suspended for different things...and Hedo admitted to this, saying it happened this offseason in Turkey.

In classic Hedo form, he says he didn't check to see if it was banned. Heediot.

Rivera
02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
He's missed only a few games. He wasn't getting big minutes anyways. He's had a terrible year, even by his recent standards.

In his prime he was my favorite player. We can buy him out next year...so we could have seen his last game as a Magic. He'll come back with like 10 games left. Not sure he'll get minutes when he returns...no reason at all.

I was hoping we'd trade him for a bigger 2013-2014 contract and a pick/young player. I don't care about our salary next season. It's the 2014 offseason I think we're gunning for. This probably kills the chances he's traded...if there ever was a chance in the first place.

mine too i love hedo and always will for his magical performance he had with us when we went to the finals. though he costed us game 4 with his free throw shooting he was a joy to watch a hillarious person to follow and just an odd fella i always got behind.

i used to joke around and call him the turkish michael jordan during that run

As messed up as their offense was I did enjoy watching the massive amount of 3s they used to put up. Good yet strange days watching that Orlando team beat the Cavs. So many 3s.

give me turkey over vinces at there ages between 08-2010 vince didnt provide what we needed which was a go to scorer and he wasnt as good as a ball handler or facilitator as turkey was. turkey got dwight the ball vince struggled in that department and struggled scoring and defending for us. during those years even though i know he had a down year in 2010 when he got his big deal in toronto but i think he woulda played better in orlando since the offense was perfect for him and he thrived in it. i would hope to think the oppurtunity to go back to the finals and win one woulda provided enough motiviation but we wont know

also i love how messed up SVGs offense was since we made the playoffs every year that he was magic head coach i think won 50 games basically every year and made a finals apperance. sounds like a messed up coaching plan/offense to me! also check out how great dwight looks in another jersey under DAntoni.

i bet dwight realizes now how good he had it in orlando

heyman321
02-13-2013, 04:38 PM
So he took roids and still sucks.

Sactown
02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
I thought you had to work out for steroids to work?? What's Hedo doing... he doesn't even exercise let alone work alone work out...

NYYCowboys
02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
I LOLed when I heard this.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Wow well good at least we know he won't be stealing any minutes from harkless lol

5ass
02-13-2013, 04:49 PM
**** him

JNoel
02-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Still gotta love this guy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DabmENJkRJA

He was a great player back in the day. I don't understand the hate on him...

1-800-STFU
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
ball

Unfortunately, his will be shrinking

Tmath
02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiWRsSuW4iE

JNoel
02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiWRsSuW4iE

That was truly awful.

TyrionLannister
02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Out of any Orlando Magic player to be busted for steroid use, him? lol... same with Rashard Lewis back with his banned substance test.

If they didn't identify the player I'd be certain it was either Dwight (back when Lewis was busted) or Big Baby.

TyrionLannister
02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Out of any Orlando Magic player to be busted for steroid use, him? lol... same with Rashard Lewis back with his banned substance test.

If they didn't identify the player I'd be certain it was either Dwight (back when Lewis was busted) or Big Baby.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-13-2013, 05:20 PM
WOW so are you telling me if it werent for hedo and lewis, we could have witnessed a LeBron vs Kobe finals??????

:mad:

heyman321
02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
WOW so are you telling me if it werent for hedo and lewis, we could have witnessed a LeBron vs Kobe finals??????

:mad:

That cavs team would have lost 4-1 or swept anyways. That 09 Laker team was good. and balanced.

ManRam
02-13-2013, 05:24 PM

Look at baseball. All the dudes who get busted there for the most part are lanky guys.

Everyone has the impression that if you're using PEDs it means you're doing it to get Bondsian muscles. Not always the case. Recovery is probably why both these guys did it...Hedo even admitted it.

Baby is fat...he's not on roids. Dwight is just a naturally gifted freak of nature.

dtmagnet
02-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes coach.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
that cavs team would have lost 4-1 or swept anyways. That 09 laker team was good. And balanced.

kobe vs lebron tho!!!!

TyrionLannister
02-13-2013, 05:29 PM
That cavs team would have lost 4-1 or swept anyways. That 09 Laker team was good. and balanced.

Yup, Dwight killed them enough. Bynum, Gasol, and Odom would have embarrassed the Cavs' bigs.

ManRam
02-13-2013, 05:40 PM
By all accounts, whether you talk to Lewis, the league or the Magic, he really did take an over the counter drug and didn't check with the league to see if it was OK. It would be nothing but speculation to assume he was using it for a long time, or even that it was making a tangible impact. He did play well in that ECF however, but not better than he did in the regular season or years before.

And I trust Hedo's version of this. I might be naive, but yeah. I don't think Hedo cares enough to be juicing...and he admitted that he just didn't do his due diligence to check and see if it was legal, which sounds like classic Hedo.

Does it taint our Finals run? I don't think this does. Whatever you feel about Shard doesn't change, but I'm not jumping to assuming Hedo has been a roid user for 4 years now and that it was the only reason we beat the Cavs. We beat the Cavs because we couldn't miss a three.

Either way, I agree with everyone else: that Cavs team didn't have the talent, even though Bron was playing better ball than Kobe, to beat the Lakers.

mike_noodles
02-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Drugs.

Hellcrooner
02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Only 20 games?

Lance Armstrong and any cycler that got busted is on total anger right now.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-13-2013, 06:07 PM
I am almost positive that steroids is a big problem in the NBA. Why it is not talked about is a good question in my opinion.

I automatically suspect any athlete who is head and shoulders above all his competition. History has shown that it is right to be suspecious. Barry Bonds, Mark Mcguire, Lance Armstrong, A Rod, and possibly Ray Lewis have all recently shown that playing at such a high level over everyone else may not just be from a gift they were born with.

I would not doubt if guys like Dwight, Lebron, or Kobe have used. Dwight was a twig and he talked about how he was pushed around because he was so skinny. Then over one summer he comes back with shoulders that look mechanical.

Lebron is so much freakishly superior to all other freakishly superior athletes that it gives me that same feeling that I had when I watched Bonds, Mcguire, Sosa, etc.... Like "How is this possible" He has also been balding since he was 23 which is a sign of steroids.

Kobe seems to be defying logic and still plays at the same level as he did when he was younger. He went all the way to Germany to get something done that was not allowed in the states to improve and prolong his career. Is it too hard to believe that he would not experiment with roids?

Do you guys think Jordan used? He was really ripped and they always talked about him having this crazy amount of energy. He was so much better than the competition it was kind of unbeleivable. He played during the height of the steroid problem in baseball. And if you look at his yellow eyes, to me that is a dead giveaway. My buddy used for years and he has those same yellow eyes from his kidneys going bad. Factor that in with his competitive nature, I could see him resorting to anything that would help him gain an edge on the competition.

Sadds The Gr8
02-13-2013, 06:24 PM
This guy's a ****in clown.

JNoel
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
This guy's a ****in clown.

Clown post bro. Clown post. ;)

OceanSpray
02-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Finally some good news for the Magic.

beasted86
02-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Hediot

lol

b@llhog24
02-13-2013, 08:31 PM

Me too. Sad, sad day for the league. :(

Unfortunately, his will be shrinking

When your balls are as big as Hedo's, does it matter?

beasted86
02-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I am almost positive that steroids is a big problem in the NBA. Why it is not talked about is a good question in my opinion.

I automatically suspect any athlete who is head and shoulders above all his competition. History has shown that it is right to be suspecious. Barry Bonds, Mark Mcguire, Lance Armstrong, A Rod, and possibly Ray Lewis have all recently shown that playing at such a high level over everyone else may not just be from a gift they were born with.

I would not doubt if guys like Dwight, Lebron, or Kobe have used. Dwight was a twig and he talked about how he was pushed around because he was so skinny. Then over one summer he comes back with shoulders that look mechanical.

Lebron is so much freakishly superior to all other freakishly superior athletes that it gives me that same feeling that I had when I watched Bonds, Mcguire, Sosa, etc.... Like "How is this possible" He has also been balding since he was 23 which is a sign of steroids.

Kobe seems to be defying logic and still plays at the same level as he did when he was younger. He went all the way to Germany to get something done that was not allowed in the states to improve and prolong his career. Is it too hard to believe that he would not experiment with roids?

Do you guys think Jordan used? He was really ripped and they always talked about him having this crazy amount of energy. He was so much better than the competition it was kind of unbeleivable. He played during the height of the steroid problem in baseball. And if you look at his yellow eyes, to me that is a dead giveaway. My buddy used for years and he has those same yellow eyes from his kidneys going bad. Factor that in with his competitive nature, I could see him resorting to anything that would help him gain an edge on the competition.

On the flip side of the coin is almost every guy who has used has been caught, even if its Lance Armstrong style years and years later. There are too many guys who would love to earn a quick buck by snitching out Dwight, LeBron, or any other NBA player. Most of the elite NBA players play in the Olympics which have much more strict testing standards than whatever the NBA already has, and none of them have been accused of using.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
I mean at least we can see that using PEDS will not make you better in basketball.

Lebron says otherwise.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-13-2013, 08:48 PM
On the flip side of the coin is almost every guy who has used has been caught, even if its Lance Armstrong style years and years later. There are too many guys who would love to earn a quick buck by snitching out Dwight, LeBron, or any other NBA player. Most of the elite NBA players play in the Olympics which have much more strict testing standards than whatever the NBA already has, and none of them have been accused of using.

Ben Johnson and countless other track athletes have shown that Olympic testing is not very reliable. I would bet that we start hearing some stuff in the future about Phelps as well.

When an athlete is head and shoulders better than other top athletes of the world, history has shown that they did not always get that way fair and square.

I was very naive when I was younger and I remember watching Bonds just thinking to myself "man that guy is in the zone" I guess we all want to believe that we're watching something special, but history has shown we're watching products of cheating.

I may have just thought about this too much but I used to think that Jordan was suspended for the year that he retired. I figured they caught him cheating and told him that he couldn't play. But rather than tarnish the legacy of the NBA and their superstar they just told him to act like he was going to retire. .

beasted86
02-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Ben Johnson was caught, multiple times, Marion Jones was eventually caught. Like I said, almost everyone who has used has been caught, or has been snitched on. In today's society with the media circus ring, someone could stand to make a cool couple million with just the tiniest bit of proof that one of these stars have used before selling the story to the press via "sources".

I'm of the strong belief that the truth will find its way sooner or later. Even if it's years and years later Mark Felt (Watergate snitch) style 30 years after the fact on his death bed. It will find its way out, but until then I'm not going to buy into all the conspiracy theories.

Knicks21
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Everyone does it, the NBA is never going to get rid of it.

sunsfan88
02-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Lol he sucks even when cheating!

Slug3
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Lebron says otherwise.

Really dude? Your going to suggest Lebron is on PEDS with absolutely no evidence other than your hatred towards him?

popo85
02-13-2013, 11:33 PM
It's been downhill since the 09' finals for him.

Knicks21
02-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Really dude? Your going to suggest Lebron is on PEDS with absolutely no evidence other than your hatred towards him?

Lets be honest here he probably is.

Slug3
02-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Lets be honest here he probably is.

Why cause you hate him and he's not in the Knicks?

Mr_Jones
02-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Why cause you hate him and he's not in the Knicks?

Because anyone who thinks that the most athletic player in the league takes PEDS just HAS to be a hater..

You're kinda sad, man.

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2013, 01:56 AM
When your balls are as big as Hedo's, does it matter?

well played.

to the guy who said Jordan may have used steroids, look at his eyes. I think that would be the biggest tragedy in sports..But at this point I wouldn't be completely shocked. Look at every big star. Bonds? Braun just got caught. Lance armstrong??? That sealed it for me. If Lance was taking PEDs for bicycling every athlete is taking PEDs..
Jordan is arguably the biggest sports hero of all time tho...so they wouldnt even let u know if he did get caught. He did play baseball tho..connections.

if anyone on the Magic was taking PEDs I would have instantly thought Dwight and Nelson. Dwight's shoulders are absolutely fake looking, they are watermelons and robotic looking. I honestly think he took something because he had all this pressure to be a bigtime bigman and look how ******** his emotions are.
Nelson's body looks so unnatural it's very strange.

now that I think about it KG probably took PEDs. The dude was soooo skinny and has ridiculous emotions that don't seem natural. Probably coke on weekends tho to be honest

tapajafri
02-14-2013, 02:16 AM
Because anyone who thinks that the most athletic player in the league takes PEDS just HAS to be a hater..

You're kinda sad, man.

He's right though, it would come from a laker fan first, and then next on the list would be a bitter knicks fan that's still mad NY didn't get him.

Seriously, it's always the laker fans, and sometimes the knicks fans chime in. Pitiful. Get over it laker fans, lebron is better than kobe and he's just naturally better. Lebron doesn't use PEDs. End of story.

texanmonstra011
02-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Lebron says otherwise.

It's funny that it's always the laker fans who let their bias/pride control what they post on an internet forum, no matter how brain-dead and asinine it makes them sound. stop embarrassing the good laker fans that actually have brains.

J4KOP99
02-14-2013, 02:57 AM
Do people actually believe that it is ONLY the baseball players that are using some type/form of these things?

Raps_93
02-14-2013, 03:51 AM
lmao cmon hedo aren't roids supposed to make you better?

heyman321
02-14-2013, 04:58 AM
well played.

to the guy who said Jordan may have used steroids, look at his eyes. I think that would be the biggest tragedy in sports..But at this point I wouldn't be completely shocked. Look at every big star. Bonds? Braun just got caught. Lance armstrong??? That sealed it for me. If Lance was taking PEDs for bicycling every athlete is taking PEDs..
Jordan is arguably the biggest sports hero of all time tho...so they wouldnt even let u know if he did get caught. He did play baseball tho..connections.

if anyone on the Magic was taking PEDs I would have instantly thought Dwight and Nelson. Dwight's shoulders are absolutely fake looking, they are watermelons and robotic looking. I honestly think he took something because he had all this pressure to be a bigtime bigman and look how ******** his emotions are.
Nelson's body looks so unnatural it's very strange.

now that I think about it KG probably took PEDs. The dude was soooo skinny and has ridiculous emotions that don't seem natural. Probably coke on weekends tho to be honest

Dude Lance Armstrong was an obvious doper. You get testicular cancer and come back to win 7 tour de Frances in a row? Yeah right. People who were surprised probably don't know the earth is round.

Slug3
02-14-2013, 11:17 AM

You're kinda sad, man.

So you think I am sad because there is no evidence to suggest he is taking something? Why cause he is big? I don't remember hearing about any of the other greats in basketball being on PEDS. But now because a few of you are upset you don't have Lebron on your team you feel its justification to start labeling him as using PEDS.

I think before you start accusing someone of using something like that you should get some evidence first, and no your biased dislike of him is not evidence.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
So you think I am sad because there is no evidence to suggest he is taking something? Why cause he is big? I don't remember hearing about any of the other greats in basketball being on PEDS. But now because a few of you are upset you don't have Lebron on your team you feel its justification to start labeling him as using PEDS.

I think before you start accusing someone of using something like that you should get some evidence first, and no your biased dislike of him is not evidence. Go look at my post on page 3. I implicated 2 Lakers, Lebron, and Jordan. I don't have any evidence. Just saying what history tells us.

Sly Guy
02-14-2013, 11:44 AM
they're all on something. In all sports. You're blind if you don't see it.

Chris Bosh in his last year before Miami decides he's gonna put on some weight in the off season and comes back looking like a WWE star? Dwight, a guy of such huge proportions can propel his body to 12' in the air? You have any idea how much force that requires?

Why does every draft profile list 'strength' as a weakness of virtually every player coming into the NBA? At 21-22, you'd figure at least some percentage of guys coming into the league have NBA-ready strength.

Hockey players are now having heart attacks on the bench at the junior level, stimulants much?

Nadal in tennis sits out a good portion of last year because of knee injuries typical for steroid use. Too much muscle across the joint applying too much pressure on it and damaging it.

The injuries these guys are suffering almost give away what they're doing, and we turn a blind eye or don't believe?

I've said it a million times, you don't necessarily need direct evidence to strongly suspect it. If the guy looks too big, too strong, too fast to be true, he probably is. But whatever, if everyone's cheating, the playing field is level anyway. If these guys are ok having their balls shrink or shorten their lifespans for a few hundred million dollars, I don't care. But somewhere out there the people running these leagues/tournaments/competitions believe it's important to let the little kids out there believe that you can do it without enhancement, so they're still 'bad'.

I don't care if everyone's on PEDs. I really don't. But to deny the fact that it's highly probable that most pro athletes are is naive IMO.