PDA

View Full Version : Nets interested in Millsap

eternal slumber
02-13-2013, 10:49 AM
https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/301534707349340161

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/odds-ends-lakers-shumpert-noel-west-rose.html

seems like that Millsap will be plan B if they can't make a deal for Josh Smith before the deadline.

Greet
02-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Milsap is plan A

LongIslandIcedZ
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
I still dont understand who their going to offer?

Humphries and Brooks?

I doubt that lands Millsap

b_russ
02-13-2013, 11:25 AM
I guess we'll take D-Will back from them. (trollface.jpg)

cssdmark
02-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I think it is just whoever the Knicks say there interested in , the Nets say the same thing

D-Leethal
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Shump + Novak get 'er done!! Spread provision turns Novaks contract into barely 1m per. Either that or Camby's partially guaranteed deal.

ChitownSports16
02-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Rumor has it that Bulls also interested in him and Smith. I wonder if Nets end up getting booz in a 3 way.

mbsalame123
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Rumor has it that Bulls also interested in him and Smith. I wonder if Nets end up getting booz in a 3 way.

things are heating up so we can see a 3 team trade, that is not bad but we will have to wait and see. boozer to the nets, millsap to the bulls, and then humphries, brooks, along with players from the bulls to the jazz would be nice.... the bulls do have a variety of point guards to throw the jazz way with robinson, hinrich and marquis teague and they have an amazing draft pick that belongs to the bobcats so we will see.

2-ONE-5
02-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Nets have 1 asset and no cap space. how do they expect to land any of these players?

ElChinoLatino
02-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Lol the Nets can be interested all they want, they aren't getting anyone with those ****** contracts.

BHF
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
nooooooooooo he needs to stay away from the bulls and nets and join the raptors

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
it wouldn't make sense for the jazz to take a deal of humphries and brooks (in before i get yelled at for this). utah is trying to groom kanter and favors with al jefferson and millsap in the way. i would assume they would want guards in return for him, so humphries would make no sense.

futureman
02-13-2013, 02:50 PM
The Jazz were the team that drafted Humphries for one thing. Another thing is that Humphries contract interferes with Utah's long term plans.

UPRock
02-13-2013, 02:55 PM
it wouldn't make sense for the jazz to take a deal of humphries and brooks (in before i get yelled at for this). utah is trying to groom kanter and favors with al jefferson and millsap in the way. i would assume they would want guards in return for him, so humphries would make no sense.

Humphfries is a free agent after next season if I'm not wrong, they can release him next season. They're also getting Brooks who's instantly a better option at SG and a 1st round pick if I'm not wrong.

b_russ
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Humphfries is a free agent after next season if I'm not wrong, they can release him next season. They're also getting Brooks who's instantly a better option at SG and a 1st round pick if I'm not wrong.

Meh, Brookes isn't better than Burkes if you ask me.

Tmath
02-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Really want the Raptors to get him. Don't think we have the pieces that Utah wants though. Maybe BC can find another trade partner like he did to get Rudy Gay to make it work.

b_russ
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Really want the Raptors to get him. Don't think we have the pieces that Utah wants though. Maybe BC can find another trade partner like he did to get Rudy Gay to make it work.

We'd do it for Lowry. But then you'd need a point guard.

IversonIsKrazy
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
I still really hope JSmoove ends up in San Antonio, couple of scenarios:

Spurs Get:
Josh Smith
2nd round pick

Hawks Get:
Tiago Splitter
Stephen Jackson
Cory Joseph or Patty Mills
1st round pick

-or if Hawks want a better big-

Spurs Get:
Josh Smith
Hawks 2nd

Hawks Get:
Al Jefferson

Jazz Get:
DeJuan Blair
Stephen Jackson
Cory Joseph or Patty Mills
Spurs 1st

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 04:46 PM

doesn't matter if he's a free agent after next season. they want to groom the two of them and don't want anyone in the way of that. and just because brooks a first round pick doesn't mean he's that great. there's been plenty of first round picks that have been busts that people thought would be great players. i'm not saying he is one, but you never know how a player will pan out in this league.

DoMeFavors
02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
doesn't matter if he's a free agent after next season. they want to groom the two of them and don't want anyone in the way of that. and just because brooks a first round pick doesn't mean he's that great. there's been plenty of first round picks that have been busts that people thought would be great players. i'm not saying he is one, but you never know how a player will pan out in this league.

Draft picks are valueable....they can be used for trades and to get young players. But its coming from you the guy who said Josh Smith doesnt play defense

oak2455
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Not when this years draft is CRAP

DoMeFavors
02-13-2013, 05:09 PM
there are other draft picks in the years to come, and that doesnt mean every player in the draft is bad. You have to have good scouts

lvlheaded
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't know if the Nets have the assets to get this done. Brooks is solid and they can offer a pick, but outside of that they don't have much. I have to believe their is a team out there that would offer more.

That would be great for the Nets to get him though. I always liked Millsap, he's a solid player

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Draft picks are valueable....they can be used for trades and to get young players. But its coming from you the guy who said Josh Smith doesnt play defense

that's not what i meant, but you can take it for what you read. i was saying that he's not seen as a big defensive player like a dwight howard used to be, a joakim noah, gortat or horford is. he plays defense, but not at the level that big men should be playing in this league. and i don't think you want to even start with that.. i said one thing that people didn't agree with. 97% of your posts are laughable.. you have no room to talk.

yeah, draft picks are valuable, but you obviously haven't heard of the GMs saying that this is the year to deal your picks. nerlens noel was the #1 draft prospect and just tore his ACL so he's done for the year. he only moved down to the #3 prospect. what does that say to you about this draft class? this years draft is extremely weak.

waveycrockett
02-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Not when this years draft is CRAP

They say that EVERY YEAR.

oak2455
02-13-2013, 07:23 PM
They say that EVERY YEAR.

there really isn't anybody to say ohhhhh I want that guy

jmoney85
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
here's a few things

millsap only makes 7 mil... won't be too hard to put contracts together to match that with marshon brooks

also

the kris humphries contract becomes an asset on draft night or at the next deadline so that might be an incentive for utah to take him but realistically its not needed

we can work a 3way deal with charlotte that can net us millsap while giving utah ben gordon and marshon brooks

Sactown
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
****in Billy King is callin EVERYBODY!

maddBat
02-13-2013, 07:45 PM
****in Billy King is callin EVERYBODY!

hope he gave u guys a call. :D

Sactown
02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
hope he gave u guys a call. :D

He probably did lol.

Greet
02-13-2013, 07:49 PM
yeah, draft picks are valuable, but you obviously haven't heard of the GMs saying that this is the year to deal your picks. nerlens noel was the #1 draft prospect and just tore his ACL so he's done for the year. he only moved down to the #3 prospect. what does that say to you about this draft class? this years draft is extremely weak.

Nerlens Noel is a beast.....

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Nerlens Noel is a beast.....

he tore his ACL...

Greet
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
he tore his ACL...

He's still going to be a beast

netsgiantsyanks
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
:pray:

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 08:16 PM
He's still going to be a beast

ok but i'm saying his stock will fall like it already is.

JerseysFinest
02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
#ThreeTeamTrade

Obviously the Jazz do not want a MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries package. They're better off just keeping him. All the Nets have to do is find a team that is willing to take Humphries while simultaneously giving up an asset to Utah. The Bobcats come to mind; Nets could for example offer Humphries to them for Ramon Sessions and fillers, and then Sessions and that package goes to Utah in exchange for Millsap. Maybe Detroit as well, who could send Stuckey to the Jazz to free up the guard glut they have. Deals don't have to be concrete as Humphries, MarShon for player X.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2013, 10:03 PM
hope the Nets land him, simply so he can only destroy my Wolves twice a year, versus four times...