PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings

BudGrant
02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Now that the deadline is looming, the Bucks are almost certain to trade BJ3. What would you (or your team) trade for Brandon Jennings? As a long time Bucks fan, I can completely understand why some people would not be interested in this self-promoting head case.

jmoney85
02-12-2013, 08:14 PM
won't yield a big return... might be tempting for boston but I wouldn't If I were them

rocket
02-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Knight, Bynum, CV or Max or some other bum.

Lol all we can give

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Dunleavy and Jenning for Nash :)

Sly Guy
02-12-2013, 09:22 PM
^^^
that's a great sig....lol

jmoney85
02-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Knight, Bynum, CV or Max or some other bum.

Lol all we can give

you would give up brandon knight/ bynum for brandon jennings??!?!?

TheNumber37
02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Jennings and Ellis for Westbrook

Jennings for tyreke

Jennings for milsap

seikou8
02-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Jennings and Ellis for Westbrook

Jennings for tyreke

Jennings for milsap

look dumb for both teams

bucketss
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
look dumb for both teams

looks good for the bucks.

muelly
02-12-2013, 10:26 PM
looks good for the bucks.

Bucks fan here and although we'd be losing our top 2 guys outside Larry I think it's not bad considering the Bucks have no chance of getting a player of Westbrooks quality on a 5 year deal during the prime of his career for two guys with unknown futures.

Makes no sense for OKC though because both Jennings and Ellis are chuckers. Maybe they'd learn to play teamball with KD.

Id take it to be honest though for the Bucks sake. Westbrook/Sanders is good building block Westbrook can be the #1 he wants to be here.

ThaDubs
02-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Rudy Gay is so clutch!!!!!!!!

rocket
02-12-2013, 10:38 PM
you would give up brandon knight/ bynum for brandon jennings??!?!?

Duh?

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2013, 10:39 PM
^^^
that's a great sig....lol

Thanks! :)

Chucky Woods
02-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Bucks fan here and although we'd be losing our top 2 guys outside Larry I think it's not bad considering the Bucks have no chance of getting a player of Westbrooks quality on a 5 year deal during the prime of his career for two guys with unknown futures.

Makes no sense for OKC though because both Jennings and Ellis are chuckers. Maybe they'd learn to play teamball with KD.

Id take it to be honest though for the Bucks sake. Westbrook/Sanders is good building block Westbrook can be the #1 he wants to be here.Keep Dreaming.

yaswaggin
02-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Brandon Jennings is worth a late 1st/high 2nd

Collings94
02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Celtics 1st rounder for Jennings?

Chucky Woods
02-12-2013, 11:42 PM
BJ isn't worth someone like Westbrook, but he isn't going to be traded for peanuts. lol

Chucky Woods
02-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Brandon Jennings is worth a late 1st/high 2ndNo.

jmoney85
02-12-2013, 11:44 PM
BJ isn't worth someone like Westbrook, but he isn't going to be traded for peanuts. lol

why?... he's an inefficient player who will want near max money that the bucks won't pay him and to be frank nobody will pay him

hugepatsfan
02-12-2013, 11:53 PM
He sucks.

Jarvo
02-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Some of you guys make almost every player sound like trash lol he is worth a 1st rounder cmon guys.

JasonJohnHorn
02-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Jennings is a talented guy, but he is in the mould of Marbury and Francis and Arenas, and as everybody knows, know of those guys could lead a team into contention. He is a score-first PG with an umpressive assist-to-turnover ratio and an equally unimpressive FG% (thoug I do realize that part of the reason for the low FG% is that he takes so many 3pts, and he does shoot those reasonably well), so yeah, he's not worth much. The problem is, he thinks he is worth a max-deal (at least, that is the impression I get), and other teams have overpaid for guys like Marbury, Francis and Arenas. I think the Bucks are too smart to overpay for a guy whose game really can't lead them to a deep playoff run, so it would be wise to trade him for something now, rather than risk losing him for nothing in free agency to a team that is stupid enough to pay him more than he's worth.

That said, I think teams have learned their lesson about over paying for guys with a game like Jennings, and I doubt anybody would give up much to take on Jennings.

Jennnings has got game, but his kind of game is best suited for a lottery team that is in need of a scorer. Guys like him have not done well as role players on contending teams and seem to thrive only in environments where they get the ball a lot.

I think the Bucks are stuck in a tight spot. There aren't many teams that could really use Jennings, and not many that are going to be willing to trade for him knowing he's going to want a big contract at the end of the season, and knowing the history of guys with his style of game.

The Bucks, it seems, are going to have to hang onto him and let him taste free agency and hope that nobody offers him a ridiculous amount. Though, considering Bostons recent rash of injuries, they may be able to ship Jennings and Dalembert over there for maybe a package featuring Rondo? And perhaps Sullinger? Not sure Boston is desperate enough to give up that much, but considering how small their window is and how many injuries they have right now, it may work. Who knows.

knicksballers
02-13-2013, 12:38 AM
ok Three team trade

MIL gets:kurt thomas,novak and knicks first

Jazz get:Camby, prigs, ronnie brewer and shump

Knicks get: Millsap, raja bell and brandon jennings

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 01:15 AM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Mavs, I'm told, do have interest in Brandon Jennings and will be in mix for him if Bucks opt to make RFA-to-be available b4 Feb. 21 deadline

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 01:16 AM
ok Three team trade

lay off the drugs, big guy. that might be the worst offer i've ever seen on this entire site.

ThaDubs
02-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Why is everybody hating?

shep33
02-13-2013, 03:39 AM
If he goes to the Mavs, I think that reduces the chances of Dwight signing there. Jennings, Mayo, Dirk will get their shots up.

Jennings has the ability to be great, but man, he's very inefficient on offense. Some glaring stats:

-Jennings (including this year) has shot above 40% only once. Last year he shot 41.8%, which is his highest to date. This year he's back down to 39.5%

-For his career as a point guard, Jennings averages 17 ppg on 16 fga per game

-Jennings as a pg is averaging 5.5 apg throughout his career.

He has potential, but I just wish this guy went to college to refine his game. I hope he can turn it around somewhere else, because again, he has the ability.

LakersIn5
02-13-2013, 03:56 AM
blake and meeks

JiffyMix88
02-13-2013, 09:46 AM
ok Three team trade

Seems like a fair trade

JiffyMix88
02-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Mavs, I'm told, do have interest in Brandon Jennings and will be in mix for him if Bucks opt to make RFA-to-be available b4 Feb. 21 deadline

Wonder what the offer would be, probably something with Collison included

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2013, 10:01 AM

ben ... Three years from now is Darren Collison still starting at point guard for the Mavs?

Eddie Sefko: Nope. I'm not even sure he's starting three games from now. If any of you believe the trade talk coming out of Mark Cuban, Rick Carlisle and Donnie Nelson, you don't know the decision-makers at the top of the organization. Anybody and everybody, save for Nowitzki and Brand, is available for the right price. But I don't blame the Mavericks a bit for playing hardball and demanding a hefty return for some of their best veterans. And if they don't get it, move along.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20130212-sefko-don-t-buy-trade-talk-all-mavs-except-dirk-brand-are-available.ece

◾Tim MacMahon of ESPN Dallas reported Tuesday that the Dallas Mavericks are working hard to make a trade before the February 21st deadline. In other words, the bank of Cuban is open: “President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and coach Rick Carlisle have both gone on the record recently with predictions that the Mavs will stand pat. Cuban acknowledges that could be the case, but he continues to actively search for opportunities to upgrade the roster of a 22-28 team while keeping the Mavs’ future in mind.”
◾According to ESPN’s trade guru, Marc Stein, the Mavericks have an interest in Milwaukee Bucks’ guard Brandon Jennings, should be become available before the February 21st trade deadline:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02/13/sh-blog-derrick-rose-far-from-return-major-trade-rumors-and-how-the-spurs-keep-winning/2/

And yet another big name, Milwaukee Bucks star point guard Brandon Jennings, is surfacing in rumored trade talks that would send him to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for standouts Goran Dragic and Marcin Gortat.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/9986/20130120/nba-trade-rumors-2013-dwight-howard-brandon.htm

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/1/18/3891630/nba-trade-rumors-brandon-jennings-marcin-gortat

http://www.sportsradio1250.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6237751

So far seems Suns,Mavs are interested for Jennings. I'm sure Jennings friend DeRozan wouldn't mind him in Toronto.

NewjackNY
02-13-2013, 10:07 AM
ok Three team trade

Great for us.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2013, 10:12 AM
That Knicks pick is at #26 at the moment. Trade isn't much for Milwaukee's end.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah speaking of Mavs interested in Jennings.

Rockets receive the Mavericks' 2013 first-round pick. (top 20 protected until 2017). via Lakers (Odom) (Jordan Hill trade) (Jordan Hill trade 03-15-12)

knicksballers
02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Great for us.

yea but its a fair trade first off utah doesn't want bell and millsap equals those four players with what they want for the future in shump a pg in prigs back up sf in brewer and a defensive big in camby. Then bucks what jennings out a first at 25 right now isn't bad home town kid in novak and a back up big so I think it's fair because they don't wana sign him for the max perfect sell to the knicks.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-13-2013, 01:27 PM
ok Three team trade

Haha, you're funny.

xRipCity
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
If Mavs can get him, they need long-term and need to wait for Dirk to retire. They can start serious rebuild with tons of cap room

gatkins11
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM
So far seems Suns,Mavs are interested for Jennings. I'm sure Jennings friend DeRozan wouldn't mind him in Toronto.

If Milwaukee can get Dragic and Gortat for him that's probably better than anything Dallas can offer.

ManRam
02-13-2013, 01:51 PM
ok Three team trade

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're a Knicks fan :laugh:

No way those other teams do that.

knicksballers
02-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're a Knicks fan :laugh:

No way those other teams do that.

we were discussing that deal with utah and mil doesn't wana pay jennings the max

TheNumber37
02-13-2013, 02:18 PM
ok Three team trade

I don't see why any team does this, but more so the Bucks. Jazz can get a better package for Milsap and the Knicks would be as confused as ever as to who they are.

asmarks18
02-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Bucks get:
Shawn Marion
Darren Collison
Dahntay Jones

Mavs get:
Brandon Jennings
Mike Dunleavy
Drew Gooden

Bucks should be able to re-sign Collison in the offseason. He won't demand a ton of money.

Bucks also get off the hook for Drew Goodens contract which has 2 years left with over 13 million. Marion has 1 year left for 9.

Jones for Dunleavy is just a swap to upgrade the Mavs SF position for the remainder of the season with the absence of Marion going to the Bucks.

muelly
02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Bucks get:
Shawn Marion
Darren Collison
Dahntay Jones

Mavs get:
Brandon Jennings
Mike Dunleavy
Drew Gooden

Bucks should be able to re-sign Collison in the offseason. He won't demand a ton of money.

Bucks also get off the hook for Drew Goodens contract which has 2 years left with over 13 million. Marion has 1 year left for 9.

Jones for Dunleavy is just a swap to upgrade the Mavs SF position for the remainder of the season with the absence of Marion going to the Bucks.

Yuck

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
we were discussing that deal with utah and mil doesn't wana pay jennings the max

so do you have the inside scoop with trades and such? when did milwaukee ever say they don't want to pay jennings the max and when did he ever say he was asking for that much? your deal was so one-sided that it was horrible. why would we give up that many players, first of all, with us being the only team to give up players and get the two best players back in the deal? who would honestly do that deal?

KnIckFaN.2883
02-13-2013, 02:39 PM
the problem with jennings is that he needs to decide if he's gonna be a scorer or be a faciliator.

asmarks18
02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Yuck

Not sure how it is "yuck"

I plugged it into the trade machine to see what the win/loss difference would be for both teams and the Mavs and Bucks each got a -2.

Pretty fair trade.

knicks=love
02-13-2013, 02:51 PM

I plugged it into the trade machine to see what the win/loss difference would be for both teams and the Mavs and Bucks each got a -2.

Pretty fair trade.

he probably couldn't come up with a better deal, so he's just jealous.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Well looks like SOMETHING is gonna...

Brandon Jennings has "irreconcilable differences" with the Milwaukee Bucks, according to one source.

Jennings is frustrated that he was unable to come to terms with the Bucks on a long-term extension, according to sources.

Jennings is also interested in playing in a bigger market.

The Bucks would be able to match any offer sheet Jennings signs this offseason should they not trade him.

Jennings recently changed agents and either wants to be traded before the deadline, or to sign an offer sheet with a rival team in the summer that is difficult for the Bucks to match.

The Dallas Mavericks, Orlando Magic and Atlanta Hawks are viewed as the three most likely destinations for Jennings.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

Atlanta seems interesting, how about this?

Atl sends
J. Smith
J. Teague

Mil sends:
Jennings
Illiasova
Trade exception from s. Jackson trade

Short term contracts for Milwaukee, if they don't want to resign smith or Teague, they can let them walk and have cap space.

Starting 5
Teague
Ellis
Dunleavy/Smith
Smith/Sanders
Sanders/Dalembert

Atl gets a talented young player in Jennings, who they can let walk if they want cap space, and get a long term answer at sf/pf in illiasova for a better value than they would've gotten smith for, plus a trade exception for future moves.

Atl Starting 5
Jennings/Williams
Williams/korver/Jennings
Illiasova/Harris/korver
Horford/Illiasova
Pachulia/Horford/(Howard?)

Just a thought.

rangersfan
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Bucks get:
Shawn Marion
Darren Collison
Dahntay Jones

Mavs get:
Brandon Jennings
Mike Dunleavy
Drew Gooden

And why exactly would we want the useless Gooden's contract on the books for the next 2 seasons when we'll need the cap room to sign two good-to-great players to large long-term contracts this offseason?

Don't get the appeal of Jennings. MIL wants allows 8 more points when he's on the court than when he's on the bench, and he has shot more than 40% just once in 3.5 seasons. A bad defender + a volume shooter = why would you want him?

Sevilla91
02-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Bucks get:
Shawn Marion
Darren Collison
Dahntay Jones

Mavs get:
Brandon Jennings
Mike Dunleavy
Drew Gooden

Most Def the worst idea ive ever seen

Sevilla91
02-13-2013, 03:52 PM

Pretty fair trade.

dont post again about basketball

asmarks18
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
dont post again about basketball

News flash buddy. I'll post as much as I ****ing want to. This is a public forum. And this trade idea is far from absurd. The Mavs interest in Jennings is real. Whether it's at the deadline or in free agency. Him being in Dallas is a fine possibility. Get use to it.

Also, Darren Collison although a decent player is not the long term solution at PG for the Dallas Mavericks. And if Cuban has any hope of getting Dwight Howard to Dallas he needs to improve his roster and cut some more salary cap which he would do in my proposed trade. How about you don't post again unless you have a proposition or a related piece of information that has to do with this topic.

Good day.

rangersfan
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM
nd if Cuban has any hope of getting Dwight Howard to Dallas he needs to improve his roster and cut some more salary cap which he would do in my proposed trade. How about you don't post again unless you have a proposition or a related piece of information that has to do with this topic.

Good day.

So if we want to add Howard this offseason, how exactly does ADDING Gooden's $6.7 mil to the payroll for each of the next two years CREATE cap room this offseason with which to use to sign Howard? We loaded up the roster with expirings this offseason because the benefit is that we could dump them all after the season creating cap room, so how exactly does trading for a useless expensive player that we'd have to carry on the payroll next year and the next year make sense? Isn't adding a two-year albatross of a contract the opposite of what you need to do to free up cap space?

asmarks18
02-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Gooden makes little more than 2 million less than Marion does next season. He does free up SOME cap space with this deal and he gets a good talent in Jennings. And Gooden is a serviceable back up 4 and 5. By no means a useless player. Think outside the box.

And he can always attempt to deal Gooden with cash and a draft pick to a team with cap room before free agency begins.

Chucky Woods
02-13-2013, 05:43 PM
These trade proposals are laughable.

Chucky Woods
02-13-2013, 05:45 PM

Atl sends
J. Smith
J. Teague

Mil sends:
Jennings
Illiasova

Short term contracts for Milwaukee, if they don't want to resign smith or Teague, they can let them walk and have cap space.

Starting 5
Teague
Ellis
Dunleavy/Smith
Smith/Sanders
Sanders/Dalembert

Atl gets a talented young player in Jennings, who they can let walk if they want cap space, and get a long term answer at sf/pf in illiasova for a better value than they would've gotten smith for, plus a trade exception for future moves.

Atl Starting 5
Jennings/Williams
Williams/korver/Jennings
Illiasova/Harris/korver
Horford/Illiasova

Just a thought.Smoove ****ing hates Milwaukee

gatkins11
02-13-2013, 05:51 PM

Atl sends
J. Smith
J. Teague

Mil sends:
Jennings
Illiasova

Starting 5
Teague
Ellis
Dunleavy/Smith
Smith/Sanders
Sanders/Dalembert

Atl Starting 5
Jennings/Williams
Williams/korver/Jennings
Illiasova/Harris/korver
Horford/Illiasova

Just a thought.

Would he would re-sign if Milwaukee acquired his rights?

time4change
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
I only want to trade Jennings if I am guaranteed we will not sign Monta Ellis, because if we do sign Ellis we are just shooting ourselves in the foot.

That guy is the real problem right now. But I'm sure all you who never watch a Milwaukee game are going to tell me otherwise...

rangersfan
02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Gooden makes little more than 2 million less than Marion does next season. He does free up SOME cap space with this deal and he gets a good talent in Jennings. And Gooden is a serviceable back up 4 and 5. By no means a useless player. Think outside the box.

And he can always attempt to deal Gooden with cash and a draft pick to a team with cap room before free agency begins.

But we want as much cap room as possible this offseason so why would we exchange an expiring (in the sense that Marion will most likely opt out) for a guaranteed contract AT ALL, especially if that player will be of no use to us? Why couldn't we just dump our expirings for as little as possible, ideally for nothing or at most other expirings? Jennings is a RFA after the season so he could end up off our books in the offseason so he's ok. But why make it more difficult for us and add that extra step of taking the 2 years and $13.5 mil of Gooden on and then to create cap space we'd have to work to try and trade him at the deadline when he'll be basically untradeable because he's useless, is massively overpaid for such a non-contributing player, AND is signed for another year? Who's going to offer us anything for him at the trade deadline when he's getting paid that much and putting up so little, even if we threw in cash and draft picks? He's not an expiring after the season - he's signed for another year for a lot so why would another team want him? He therefore has no value to us either as a player OR as a trading chip at next season's deadline. And yes, he is useless. We had him once. We dumped him. We don't want him back, and if MIL thought so highly of him they'd give him some PT.

Basically, why would we want to allocate 15% of our cap space this year to someone that'd at most be a backup before we even start preliminary talks with the FA's that we're targeting, e.g. Howard/Jefferson/etc? We add Gooden and right off the bat we've just subtracted $6.7 mil from the cap room that we'll need to accomodate Howard/whoever. Why would we do that?

You subtract Marion (and again he has an ETO so he can opt out and become a FA in the offseason), you're committing $0 to him next year. You add Gooden, you're adding back $6.7 mil in commited payroll next year. Why should we subtract Marion and add Gooden and end up with only a -$2 mil net benefit when we can subtract Marion and his $8 mil and add nothing in return (if we got expirings, won't have to pay them anything next year) and end up with the -$8 mil net benefit?

Guaranteed (and untradeable) contract = subtracts from available cap space.
Expiring contract = adds to to available cap space once gotten rid of.

That's all there is to it.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Smoove ****ing hates Milwaukee

Then let him walk and have the cap space, and go get someone else in free agency. Better than having a player who is now publicly saying he doesn't want to be there. If Jennings isn't the answer its time to start looking to the future. With this trade they could still makes the playoffs this season, and either try and convince smith to stay if they win a series, or let him walk, and go back to rebuilding with a more favorable cap situation.

time4change
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Now that the deadline is looming, the Bucks are almost certain to trade BJ3. What would you (or your team) trade for Brandon Jennings? As a long time Bucks fan, I can completely understand why some people would not be interested in this self-promoting head case.

First off, Hi nice to hear from you BudGrant, I hate to say it but I've never seen you post in the Bucks forum before.

Secondly I don't really get the fascination with trading Jennings. The Bucks are in a situation where they are in complete control of his situation, similar to Eric Gordon and the Hornets.

I'm not saying the Bucks won't trade Jennings, what I am saying is we aren't trading him for Steve Novak, two pieces of ****, and a rusty nail.

*Silver&Black*
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
I would rather keep Teague at a better price instead of Jennings.

Chucky Woods
02-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Then let him walk and have the cap space, and go get someone else in free agency. Better than having a player who is now publicly saying he doesn't want to be there. If Jennings isn't the answer its time to start looking to the future. With this trade they could still makes the playoffs this season, and either try and convince smith to stay if they win a series, or let him walk, and go back to rebuilding with a more favorable cap situation.Good luck getting a FA (high profile) to come to Milwaukee. Not trying to be a dick, just being real.

hugepatsfan
02-13-2013, 09:13 PM
First off, Hi nice to hear from you BudGrant, I hate to say it but I've never seen you post in the Bucks forum before.

Secondly I don't really get the fascination with trading Jennings. The Bucks are in a situation where they are in complete control of his situation, similar to Eric Gordon and the Hornets.

I'm not saying the Bucks won't trade Jennings, what I am saying is we aren't trading him for Steve Novak, two pieces of ****, and a rusty nail.

Eric Gordon, when healthy, is one of the best SGs in the NBA. Jennings is a chucker that shouldn't be more than a back up PG to get some quick buckets on a championship team. He isn't nearly as valuable.

asmarks18
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
But we want as much cap room as possible this offseason so why would we exchange an expiring (in the sense that Marion will most likely opt out) for a guaranteed contract AT ALL, especially if that player will be of no use to us? Why couldn't we just dump our expirings for as little as possible, ideally for nothing or at most other expirings? Jennings is a RFA after the season so he could end up off our books in the offseason so he's ok. But why make it more difficult for us and add that extra step of taking the 2 years and $13.5 mil of Gooden on and then to create cap space we'd have to work to try and trade him at the deadline when he'll be basically untradeable because he's useless, is massively overpaid for such a non-contributing player, AND is signed for another year? Who's going to offer us anything for him at the trade deadline when he's getting paid that much and putting up so little, even if we threw in cash and draft picks? He's not an expiring after the season - he's signed for another year for a lot so why would another team want him? He therefore has no value to us either as a player OR as a trading chip at next season's deadline. And yes, he is useless. We had him once. We dumped him. We don't want him back, and if MIL thought so highly of him they'd give him some PT.

Basically, why would we want to allocate 15% of our cap space this year to someone that'd at most be a backup before we even start preliminary talks with the FA's that we're targeting, e.g. Howard/Jefferson/etc? We add Gooden and right off the bat we've just subtracted $6.7 mil from the cap room that we'll need to accomodate Howard/whoever. Why would we do that?

You subtract Marion (and again he has an ETO so he can opt out and become a FA in the offseason), you're committing $0 to him next year. You add Gooden, you're adding back $6.7 mil in commited payroll next year. Why should we subtract Marion and add Gooden and end up with only a -$2 mil net benefit when we can subtract Marion and his $8 mil and add nothing in return (if we got expirings, won't have to pay them anything next year) and end up with the -$8 mil net benefit?

Guaranteed (and untradeable) contract = subtracts from available cap space.
Expiring contract = adds to to available cap space once gotten rid of.

That's all there is to it.

Shawn Marion does not have an ETO. Not sure how or where you heard that. He is scheduled to make a fully guaranteed $9,316,796 next season.

I think you are thinking of Mayo who can opt out of the final year of his deal which is only scheduled to pay him 4.2 million

ThaDubs
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM

He isn't worth anything compared to EG.

Sevilla91
02-13-2013, 09:56 PM
News flash buddy. I'll post as much as I ****ing want to. This is a public forum. And this trade idea is far from absurd. The Mavs interest in Jennings is real. Whether it's at the deadline or in free agency. Him being in Dallas is a fine possibility. Get use to it.

Also, Darren Collison although a decent player is not the long term solution at PG for the Dallas Mavericks. And if Cuban has any hope of getting Dwight Howard to Dallas he needs to improve his roster and cut some more salary cap which he would do in my proposed trade. How about you don't post again unless you have a proposition or a related piece of information that has to do with this topic.

Good day.

You really crack me up...you think replacing a 6'1 pg with another 6'1 pg who has the same style of play (and shoots south of 40%, dare i say a volume scorer????) to get dwight here and to be our future pg?? Come on man, jennings is nothing that we want.

Ive said numerous times, we need to get eric bledsoe, will be a floor general and play fantastic defense and can shoot the ball. Both jennings and bledsoes ages fit with the mold we want. Even if we get Dwight, do you think we will have room to sign mayo and jennings too??? no way that could even happen. We need cheap, underrated players to fill in the holes, jennings does not fit that at all.

ThaDubs
02-13-2013, 10:12 PM
You really crack me up...you think replacing a 6'1 pg with another 6'1 pg who has the same style of play (and shoots south of 40%, dare i say a volume scorer????) to get dwight here and to be our future pg?? Come on man, jennings is nothing that we want.

Ive said numerous times, we need to get eric bledsoe, will be a floor general and play fantastic defense and can shoot the ball. Both jennings and bledsoes ages fit with the mold we want. Even if we get Dwight, do you think we will have room to sign mayo and jennings too??? no way that could even happen. We need cheap, underrated players to fill in the holes, jennings does not fit that at all.

The Mavs have shown interest in BJ. They said they want a small PG like Brandon.

time4change
02-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Eric Gordon, when healthy, is one of the best SGs in the NBA. Jennings is a chucker that shouldn't be more than a back up PG to get some quick buckets on a championship team. He isn't nearly as valuable.

Not my point. My point was we have a contract situation like Gordon's.

time4change
02-13-2013, 10:41 PM
He isn't worth anything compared to EG.

Again not the point I was making.

BudGrant
02-13-2013, 10:55 PM

Hello. I read the Bucks forum literally everyday. I'm just one of those people that stay quiet if my viewpoint has already been discussed. I feel it is quite redundant to post the same thing somebody mentioned. And I decided to post this in the NBA forum because the Bucks forum is quite divided on Jennings' situation and REALLY, when was the last time the Bucks were mentioned in the main forum?

Sevilla91
02-14-2013, 12:04 AM
The Mavs have shown interest in BJ. They said they want a small PG like Brandon.

Yeah i know they have shown interest...Mavs have shown interest in tons of players over the years that we havent traded for. It would be a mistake to have a pg like jennings IMO

LeperMessiah
02-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Bargs for jennings. BAM.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-16-2013, 10:07 AM
The Mavs have shown interest in BJ. They said they want a small PG like Brandon.I could see the Bucks accept a Jennings for Collison,Crowder type deal with maybe few others added in.

flclfanman
02-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Better yet folks just stay the **** away from BJ.

Jennings is a chucker. We all know this and he's an INEFFICIENT chucker at that. His d is mediocre because he's undersized and doesn't average enough assists per game to warrant his high volume shooting %.

Still blows my mind that the POINT GUARD takes more than double the shots of the SHOOTING guard, on that team especially when that SG is Ellis. Isn't he known for his scoring prowess? Oh that's right, he can't get his b/c Jennings is jacking all the damn shots :facepalm:

time4change
02-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Better yet folks just stay the **** away from BJ.

Jennings is a chucker. We all know this and he's an INEFFICIENT chucker at that. His d is mediocre because he's undersized and doesn't average enough assists per game to warrant his high volume shooting %.

Still blows my mind that the POINT GUARD takes more than double the shots of the SHOOTING guard, on that team especially when that SG is Ellis. Isn't he known for his scoring prowess? Oh that's right, he can't get his b/c Jennings is jacking all the damn shots :facepalm:

This post lets me know all I need to know about your knowledge of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Monta Ellis is garbage. One of the most overrated players by casual NBA fans.

flclfanman
02-16-2013, 12:49 PM
This post lets me know all I need to know about your knowledge of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Monta Ellis is garbage. One of the most overrated players by casual NBA fans.

Ellis probably has more trade value than the guy you're trying to trade away. Me gusta Irony

I also like how you didn't refute any of my Jennings bashing. Close enough eh?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Ellis probably has more trade value than the guy you're trying to trade away. Me gusta Irony

I also like how you didn't refute any of my Jennings bashing. Close enough eh?

ellis as a possible expiring is worth more than ellis the player at this point....