PDA

View Full Version : What's the Pistons plan going forward?

VicTheWizard
02-12-2013, 07:13 PM
What do you guys think the Pistons should do this offseason, resign Calderon? Should Singler start at SF? or do they see if they can get a FA? And what about Monroe and Drummond? Do they start both, because some seem to believe they don't work well together and they're both 5's. I do believe that they have the talent to be a playoff team next season if they keep the same team.

king4day
02-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Re-sign Calderon if he's willing to stay. Then make a move during the draft to trade for a scorer or draft one.
This team seems very close to contending again.

Tmath
02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Re-sign Calderon if he's willing to stay. Then make a move during the draft to trade for a scorer or draft one.
This team seems very close to contending again.

Thats seems a little optimistic.

Sactown
02-12-2013, 07:53 PM
They definitely need Brandon Knight to develop quicker and become more of a pass first PG, or Sign Calderon and either trade Brandon Knight or use him as the 6th man. They definitely need scorers on the wings at the SG and SF positions.

I'd definitely try to add a vet at one of those positions, a player who can create his own shot would be a good start, also someone to lead the team. I don't think they should continue to build through the draft.

Twins Fanatic
02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
This team has two good big men with a lot of potential, all they need is a better point guard; I don't think Knight or Calderon are the answer.
Ideally, they attempt to get Eric Bledsoe by working out a three team deal that could send a veteran player to LA. Somewhere along the line of Scola and O'Neal to LA, Maxiell expiring contract and a draft pick to Phoenix and bledsoe & willie green to Detroit. I don't think LA really needs a backup PG, they have Billups and Crawford can run the point just fine.

RipCity32
02-12-2013, 08:18 PM
The plan going forward is to build around Drummond an Monroe.Hopefully we can resign Calderon and then we need a consistent scorer from the 2 and 3.We have about 30 mil in cap space this summer so hopefully we can get like a OJ Mayo this summer.

Melo15

I don't think it's too far from the truth. They have a nice core of players to build around, a likely high draft choice, and plenty of cap space. They have a chance to be back in the mix here in the next 2-3 years.

hugepatsfan
I hope they trade for Rondo. Dumars has wanted him in the past.

2-ONE-5
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Pistons thread

rocket
02-12-2013, 09:00 PM
What do you guys think the Pistons should do this offseason, resign Calderon? Should Singler start at SF? or do they see if they can get a FA? And what about Monroe and Drummond? Do they start both, because some seem to believe they don't work well together and they're both 5's. I do believe that they have the talent to be a playoff team next season if they keep the same team.

That is false. When they have been on the court this season the team all around has played great. Drummond was going to start for the first time this season at the 4 but the game before he got hurt and injured his tailbone.

Lions #81
02-13-2013, 12:40 AM

If we got McLemore in the draft and used our cap space wisely, maybe try to get a second lottery pick and a good free agent, it may not be as far off as you think.

Lions #81
02-13-2013, 12:41 AM
I hope they trade for Rondo. Dumars has wanted him in the past.

While Rondo would fit very nicely, Boston will demand Monroe or Drummond (and most of the fans here would demand both :laugh2:), and I don't think Joe Dumars wants to trade either of those players.

Hellcrooner
02-13-2013, 01:25 AM
This team has two good big men with a lot of potential, all they need is a better point guard; I don't think Knight or Calderon are the answer.
Ideally, they attempt to get Eric Bledsoe by working out a three team deal that could send a veteran player to LA. Somewhere along the line of Scola and O'Neal to LA, Maxiell expiring contract and a draft pick to Phoenix and bledsoe & willie green to Detroit. I don't think LA really needs a backup PG, they have Billups and Crawford can run the point just fine.

:rolleyes: i dont know of ANY of the 12-20 Pg that are supposedly better than Calderon who happens to be on the block right now.

Phenomenonsense
02-13-2013, 01:59 AM
I think Calderon is a fine answer at the PG. I don't think Knight is the answer at SG and I don't thing Singler is the answer at starting SF. I'm hoping for Oladipo/Porter (or both) and getting OJ Mayo, Calderon, and Clark in FA. Who knows how much of that happens, but that's the general idea of my "plan" if I'm leading the way.

LakersMaster24
02-13-2013, 02:15 AM
I think Calderon is a fine answer at the PG. I don't think Knight is the answer at SG and I don't thing Singler is the answer at starting SF. I'm hoping for Oladipo/Porter (or both) and getting OJ Mayo, Calderon, and Clark in FA. Who knows how much of that happens, but that's the general idea of my "plan" if I'm leading the way.

:no:

Phenomenonsense
02-13-2013, 02:18 AM
:no:

You have no control over him Mr. Luxury Tax Team.

LakersMaster24
02-13-2013, 02:30 AM
You have no control over him Mr. Luxury Tax Team.

Shh. We got this.

Deception
02-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Hopefully this off-season sign and draft a 2 and 3 and resign Calderon. Just hoping the ping pong balls go our way this year.