PDA

View Full Version : Lakers horrible season was caused by injuries and lack of chemistry!

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Now there is no doubt that coaching has to do a lot with it but this season is about over for the lakers!

They've had so many injuries to most of their key players that they never really got a chance to get their chemistry going!

Howard's back out most of preseason
Nash gets injured misses 1 month and 1/2 with a Injury
Jordan hill
Lost for the season
Gasol out for most of the season hasn't been the same player(been playing through injuries)
Howard's shoulder/ *****ing crying!
And now arguably the 2nd best player on the team EARL CLARK has a MRI scheduled today for his sore foot! The amount of Injuries the lakers have faced has really hurt there chemistry, every time they seem to be getting it together an injury occurs!
It's safe to say the lakers won't be making the playoffs this year! Injuries and bad attitude/ coaching killed them this year! It would be a miracle if they did get the 8th seed!

JNoel
02-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Nothing new here. They were playing bad before the injuries.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Dwight doesn't like your boy and he doesn't wanna be there & the team knows after this season that it's over lol

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Knicks has had injuries to Melo, Amare, Iman, Kidd, Felton, Camby, Sheed... Basically every key player but Chandler, JR Smith, & Novak

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Dwight doesn't like your boy and he doesn't wanna be there & the team knows after this season that it's over lol

Lol actually the whole team doesn't like Dwight even Nash is mad at him and Nash never gets mad at someone!
But it's not even why the lakers have problems like I said its the injuries

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Knicks has had injuries to Melo, Amare, Iman, Kidd, Felton, Camby, Sheed... Basically every key player but Chandler, JR Smith, & Novak

Besides amare and iman, do all the other players really matter? Camby? Sheed? Lol they can barely move.
Have Kidd,melo,or Felton missed over a month of play? No right?
Not to mention they are younger so that helps them a lot?

Chronz
02-12-2013, 04:54 PM
All true, but how can you use these excuses if you dont allow other fans to use "excuses"?

Anyways, this horrible season was a result of alot of things, having such a thin team falls on management, but the attitude and media management of the players falls on them and the coach.

Giants27
02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
And this is why Laker fans get such bad rep on here.. LoveMeOrHateMe stop making pointless threads and go out and enjoy yourself...If thats possible.

ThaDubs
02-12-2013, 04:56 PM
1970? Or something?

Sounds about right (unless you count 2013). But when the Warriors were **** for the last long while I wasn't making ***** excuses every time I figured out my team wasn't making the playoffs.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Obviously. What team out there would have great chemistry when Kobe is on the team.

dtmagnet
02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
So on a team featuring Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, and Ron Artest, Earl Clark is "arguably the second best player on the team?"

Teeboy1487
02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Injuries are certainly playing a part, but I feel there are alot of underachieving players this year. Jamison, Meeks, Metta, Gasol, and Dwight. The Lakers need to just play better and play with what they have at this point.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
I thought it was because Jim Buss had an ego that the staples center couldn't accommodate this season.

Phil Jackson.

The name that if it didn't before, haunts his dreams now.

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Sounds about right (unless you count 2013). But when the Warriors were **** for the last long while I wasn't making ***** excuses every time I figured out my team wasn't making the playoffs.

Except your team has never had any talent what so ever, lakers have so much talent on this team but injuries can't seem to go away

4milesperday
02-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Weren't they 0-7 when they were all healthy to begin the season?

ThaDubs
02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
How is that stupid? ok tell me this
If Dwight and Kobe get injured for the lakers
And lebron and bosh get injured for the heat? Which team do you think will have a better record?
The heat right? They are younger and much more athletic

You called the Knicks young. I'm pretty sure the current Knicks roster is one of the oldest teams in NBA history.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Besides amare and iman, do all the other players really matter? Camby? Sheed? Lol they can barely move.
Have Kidd,melo,or Felton missed over a month of play? No right?
Not to mention they are younger so that helps them a lot?

Sheed was actually playing a valuable role while he dressed, Camby is still much better than Kurt Thomas, Felton missed 12 games (I would say that's a month), Melo missed 7 games

& Knicks are younger????? Iman Shumpert is 22 & the next youngest guy is 27, 8 guys are 30 & over, 5 over 35.. You consider that young? :confused:

Just an "excuse thread" from a Kobe fan as to why his "dream team" (as most of you predicted) won't be in the playoffs

Bruno
02-12-2013, 05:17 PM
dwight wants to play in the all-star game :laugh2:

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Talk to me when someone in your teams history scores 100 points. 81 was cute.

Warriors have had tons of injuries as well. We've had 1 game this season with all of our players. Even now we're missing one of our most important players and possibly 6th man of the year Jarrett Jack.

100 in a league where there wasn't anyone in wilts league? 8 teams? 6'7 guys and under? Oh ok...
81 is way more impressive, I'm done.

Lakeshow24KB
02-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Living in the past because you're scared of the present like all other Lakers fans. Yeah, we've been **** in the past. Unless we're living back then that doesn't matter. For now Warriors are the better team. Besides, regardless of my teams history (which is actually relatively good), your team IS having a laughable year.

What the hell does living in the past even mean? I mean, hell, aren't I still watching every game and cheering for them now? Just because they aren't living up to standards doesn't mean I don't care and am still happy with the team at the moment because of what they've done in the past. Stop stereotyping and assuming.

Lakeshow24KB
02-12-2013, 05:20 PM

Warriors have had tons of injuries as well. We've had 1 game this season with all of our players. Even now we're missing one of our most important players and possibly 6th man of the year Jarrett Jack.

"Stop living in the past."

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Sheed was actually playing a valuable role while he dressed, Camby is still much better than Kurt Thomas, Felton missed 12 games (I would say that's a month), Melo missed 7 games

& Knicks are younger????? Iman Shumpert is 22 & the next youngest guy is 27, 8 guys are 30 & over, 5 over 35.. You consider that young? :confused:

Just an "excuse thread" from a Kobe fan as to why his "dream team" (as most of you predicted) won't be in the playoffs

Last time I checked I was a lakers fan not a Kobe fan? This isn't even about Kobe lol and people say why we always go to his defense, well it's because people always like to put the blame on Kobe...
And did I say the Knicks were young? I meant to say athletic look at the lakers there are maybe 2-3 guys who are athletic, Dwight would he added but he plays like an old man...
The Knicks have
Carmelo
Shumpert
Chandler
Amare
Smith
Even Felton is somewhat athletic

jchase3
02-12-2013, 05:22 PM
just got worse... Earl Clark having MRI on foot. Questionable tonight vs PHX.

Tmath
02-12-2013, 05:22 PM
The Lakers are an example of a poorly constructed team.

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 05:23 PM
What the hell does living in the past even mean? I mean, hell, aren't I still watching every game and cheering for them now? Just because they aren't living up to standards doesn't mean I don't care and am still happy with the team at the moment because of what they've done in the past. Stop stereotyping and assuming.

Exactly, they act like we don't watch the lakers games, win or lose lakers will always be my team, too bad this team has been a disappointment for a # of reasons!

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 05:26 PM
You called the Knicks young. I'm pretty sure the current Knicks roster is one of the oldest teams in NBA history.

Believe it or not, He's the second Kobe fan to somehow claim the Knicks are young lol

How is that stupid? ok tell me this
If Dwight and Kobe get injured for the lakers
And lebron and bosh get injured for the heat? Which team do you think will have a better record?
The heat right? They are younger and much more athletic

:facepalm:... But you said the Knicks were younger

AlexTmz2
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
talk to me when someone in your teams history scores 100 points. 81 was cute.

warriors have had tons of injuries as well. We've had 1 game this season with all of our players. Even now we're missing one of our most important players and possibly 6th man of the year jarrett jack.

fail.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Last time I checked I was a lakers fan not a Kobe fan? This isn't even about Kobe lol and people say why we always go to his defense, well it's because people always like to put the blame on Kobe...
And did I say the Knicks were young? I meant to say athletic look at the lakers there are maybe 2-3 guys who are athletic, Dwight would he added but he plays like an old man...
The Knicks have
Carmelo
Shumpert
Chandler
Amare
Smith

You are a Kobe fan.. Just because you are a Laker fan doesn't mean you aren't a Kobe fan, I have ALWAYS said that it was because of Mike D'Antoni. As a Knicks fan, I seen it coming the day they hired him.

You did say Knicks were younger, Clark is athletic also. Amare missed a little over half of this season. Iman missed most of the season. Felton is in no way athletic. Melo isn't all that athletic either. I'll give you JR Smith & Chandler but Dwight is still more athletic than Chandler in possibly every way. He's just been disengaged and doesn't wanna play with that team. But JR Smith & Chandler are the only key guys that I would say are athletic to this point.

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2013, 05:39 PM

Actually, Wilt is part of our team's history. . . .

TheRazorboy
02-12-2013, 05:39 PM
The Lakers are an example of a poorly constructed team.

The Lakers are an example of nepotism and hubris run amok

Minimal
02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
And this is the team everyone said gonna make the playoffs and break bulls regular season record. Pathetic.

eugene
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
funniest thing of the decade Lakers not making playoffs this season :D

ThaDubs
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
"Stop living in the past."

He said we've never had talent. I was proving him wrong.

ThaDubs
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Actually, Wilt is part of our team's history. . . .

Didn't score 100 with Lakers.

8kobe24
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
And this is the team everyone said gonna make the playoffs and break bulls regular season record. Pathetic.

And you believed those who said that?

ThaDubs
02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
fail.

?

AlexTmz2
02-12-2013, 05:50 PM
?

hating at its finest. 81 cute? please.

Minimal
02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
And you believed those who said that?
I didn't. I knew they will start similar to how Miami started with Big 3, but I never thought they are gonna miss the playoffs with such great players in the team. Thats a big fail for Lakers team and especially Lakers front office.

IKnowHoops
02-12-2013, 06:13 PM
The Knicks have
Carmelo
Shumpert
Chandler
Amare
Smith

Its not that we blame Kobe for there horrible record. But it goes something like this. We all know there is an ongoing debate on just how good Kobe really is. Many say overrated. Manny think hes better than Lebron, many dont think its close. If Kobe was as great as a lot of people think he is, there is no way he should miss the playoffs no matter who is on his team. We've seen in Cleveland, Lebron can take literally the worst team in the league to 60+ wins and even to the finals. So its not Kobe's fault they are so bad, but he should not be considered even close to the level of Lebron if he cant get a team with this much talent into the playoffs. If Lebron was on this team, they would probably be the best in the west. You look how Kobe changed his game for a while and they won. Lebron does that every night, accept much better. He can get you 30 and still get a ton of asst and rbs. Kobe is a 1 on 1 player who usually makes those around him worse statistically. I and those who think Kobe is overated know that nothing like this could ever happen with Lebron on your team.

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
You just underrated Kobe and overrated lebron

We do have Nash on the team you know, he's know lebron but he's a better playmaker!

desertlakeshow
02-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Its not that we blame Kobe for there horrible record. But it goes something like this. We all know there is an ongoing debate on just how good Kobe really is. Many say overrated. Manny think hes better than Lebron, many dont think its close. If Kobe was as great as a lot of people think he is, there is no way he should miss the playoffs no matter who is on his team. We've seen in Cleveland, Lebron can take literally the worst team in the league to 60+ wins and even to the finals. So its not Kobe's fault they are so bad, but he should not be considered even close to the level of Lebron if he cant get a team with this much talent into the playoffs. If Lebron was on this team, they would probably be the best in the west. You look how Kobe changed his game for a while and they won. Lebron does that every night, accept much better. He can get you 30 and still get a ton of asst and rbs. Kobe is a 1 on 1 player who usually makes those around him worse statistically. I and those who think Kobe is overated know that nothing like this could ever happen with Lebron on your team.

And if Lebron can do the same after 17 seasons in the league, then your point is valid. Until then, not so much. There have been many great players come and go in the league. With a little luck some would have many rings instead of the few great that do. I hope your girlfriend does not compare you and your ability to perform with all her past boyfriends with the same passion that you compare Kobe/Lebron.

Slug3
02-12-2013, 06:25 PM
You just underrated Kobe and overrated lebron

We do have Nash on the team you know, he's know lebron but he's a better playmaker!

Nash is not a better playmaker. He may have a little more assists. But his playmaking ability is not better than lebron.

Sactown
02-12-2013, 06:26 PM
The Lakers bet on a team with no bench, and older players. Their roster wasn't built to sustain injuries and they've had tons of them, but the team has had far more issues than just injuries.

My opinion for the biggest reason this season is a bust is, playing style.

Mike D, bet on a bunch of old men running up and down the court like his old Phoenix suns, but the problem is, that causes injuries, and they would be way to worn down by the playoffs and don't have the depth.. When you have 2 7 footers, don't run the floor.. play half court... you have 4 good post players (Gasol, Dwight, Kobe, and yes Artest can bully on the block) and along with good shooters (Kobe, Nash, and Artest is enough of a threat you have to play honest) and a great passing big alongside of another big who is capable of passing.. Slow the game down and reserve stamina

tp13baby
02-12-2013, 06:27 PM

You can't compete in a much stronger west with injuries like you can in the east. But its more than injuries for the Lakers.

Sactown
02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
You can't compete in a much stronger west with injuries like you can in the east. But its more than injuries for the Lakers.

Also the Lakers don't have depth, and the Knicks are 2-3 deep at each position.. Just look at that list of injuries
Melo was out 2 games or so, so he doesn't honestly count, but
Sheed, Camby, Iman, Amare are all bench players..
Lakers big injuries, Dwight Nash Pau and Earl Clark... All starters.. well Earl Clark was a bench player, but Pau being injured entered him to become a starter and than he got injured.. But yes, I agree that injuries aren't the biggest problem, but just the tip of the iceberg

2-ONE-5
02-12-2013, 06:36 PM
nice list of excuses

DaLakerz Rulz
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Who said that? Ron Artest? A handful of posters on here? Hardly qualifies as everyone, I wouldn't even say a majority of Lakers fans on here said that.

Kobe2324
02-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Injuries have played a factor of course especially combined with coaching. Had dantoni had a whole training camp and a healthy team in sure we are looking at a team in the top 6 instead of outside looking in. We all know the potential is there but now they have to get some wins and move up into a playoff spot and hope that health improves by the time playoff arrive. But realistically the odds they even make it out of the first round isn't very high...

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Also the Lakers don't have depth, and the Knicks are 2-3 deep at each position.. Just look at that list of injuries
Melo was out 2 games or so, so he doesn't honestly count, but
Sheed, Camby, Iman, Amare are all bench players..
Lakers big injuries, Dwight Nash Pau and Earl Clark... All starters.. well Earl Clark was a bench player, but Pau being injured entered him to become a starter and than he got injured.. But yes, I agree that injuries aren't the biggest problem, but just the tip of the iceberg

Amare, Iman, Felton are all starters... Who is the Knicks backup Center? They are not 2-3 deep at every position & Melo missed like 7 games and that doesn't count? Well Dwight has missed less so you can't count him either then.

Knicks have a winning record in the West with a 2-0 sweep against the top team. & I have said it's more than just injuries, that's the OP acting like it is

Sactown
02-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Amare, Iman, Felton are all starters... Who is the Knicks backup Center? They are not 2-3 deep at every position & Melo missed like 7 games and that doesn't count? Well Dwight has missed less so you can't count him either then.

Knicks have a winning record in the West with a 2-0 sweep against the top team. & I have said it's more than just injuries, that's the OP acting like it is

I said it had to do with more than injuries as well lol, look at my original posts lol
And obviously Amare isn't the starter.. He has come off the bench this season and Mike W wants it that way.. Also the starters were

Felton, J-Kidd, Novak, Melo, Chandler I thought, but I could be wrong, but I know Amare isn't a starter
I never said Felton wasn't.. Also Dwight has PLAYED injured this whole season and is still injured.. Melo missed a few games and is now back to full health.

As for the comment about 2-3 deep.. The Knicks play Melo at the PF position a lot this season, and even have played Copeland at that role.. Giving them a combination of Chandler/Melo/Copeland/Sheed/Camby/Amare/Kurt Thomas as their bigs.. that's a lot of ****ing depth at your bigs... Sure not all can play Center for 82 games, but any one of those players can give you minutes there.

KillaInstinct24
02-12-2013, 07:10 PM
im pretty sure the 2005 lakers would crush this team. there are no excuses. just poor management. you don't need the best players or players with good individual stats, you need the right players on your team, glue guys, unselfish guys. this group is as rag-tag as you can get, full of me-first players.

SwatTeam
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Regardless of the scenario and the excuses, if the Lakers miss the playoffs they may be the most overrated team (specifically the 12-13 Lakers - not the franchise) of all time. Biggest choke job of all time as well (expected to at least get to WCF or Finals or win the whole thing). No one would have bet they would miss the playoffs. No one.

A team with a superstar such as Kobe on the roster should NEVER miss the playoffs. Not when more than 50% of teams in a conference make the playoffs. Think about it - 8 teams out of 15 teams in a conference make the playoffs and a team with Kobe, Nash, MWP, Gasol, and Dwight look out of it. Thats deplorable. Regardless of who has gone down with injuries - a majority of the games did pair Kobe up with an allstar either Nash or Dwight or Gasol - maybe not all at once but he did have help - more so than most teams.

Part of me is excited to watch the Lakers crumble and burn but I would have rather seen them fail in the playoffs. Makes for more exciting games and storylines. Now they're just a sad team with old players in disarray.

sp1derm00
02-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Mostly, this season's failure is due to lack of chemistry and partly coaching. Healthwise, this stuff happens and while we've had players out, none of the injuries were season ending and we've only played a few games with 2 of our "Big 4" out.

I put the largest part of the blame on chemistry. It's obvious Dwight is rubbing the rest of the team the wrong way. Pau has been playing out of position all season and he's obviously not comfortable playing so far from the basket.

Coaching is the runner up for blame, only because D'antoni's offense was a complete failure and at least we're not running it anymore. Since going away from it though, the Lakers have had a much better record.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I said it had to do with more than injuries as well lol, look at my original posts lol
And obviously Amare isn't the starter.. He has come off the bench this season and Mike W wants it that way.. Also the starters were

Felton, J-Kidd, Novak, Melo, Chandler I thought, but I could be wrong, but I know Amare isn't a starter
I never said Felton wasn't.. Also Dwight has PLAYED injured this whole season and is still injured.. Melo missed a few games and is now back to full health.

As for the comment about 2-3 deep.. The Knicks play Melo at the PF position a lot this season, and even have played Copeland at that role.. Giving them a combination of Chandler/Melo/Copeland/Sheed/Camby/Amare/Kurt Thomas as their bigs.. that's a lot of ****ing depth at your bigs... Sure not all can play Center for 82 games, but any one of those players can give you minutes there.

Amare hasn't started mainly because Woodson just can't throw him in that role after having a bum knee. Last year when he took over he always had Amare in the starting unit and he had him work on his post game this offseason, He would still be in the lineup if it weren't for the injury but to be a top seed playing Melo at the 4, there's no need to rush him back. Have to ease into it. He might have said that he will stay with Amare coming off the bench but he also said he was 100% sure that Jeremy Lin would be hi starting PG. Can't always believe him.

Sheed & Camby has missed SO MANY games (especially Camby) so that leaves us with Kurt Thomas & Amare (who missed half the season) as the only true bigs. Melo cannot play center. I know you really have never seen Copeland play because his defense is as terrible as it gets, he's far too weak to play PF, all he does is take jumpshots.

Novak doesn't start and has been unable to get open much this season. He's actually been a disappointment from last year. Felton hasn't played that good. Kidd played good for just the first half of the season, He's been nonexistent for some time now. Iman is a STARTER & so is Felton and both of them have missed games.

Even if Dwight was healthy his body language is saying he isn't happy there & doesn't want to be there right now. That is the reason for his play. He was playing in the preseason, if he was so injured why would he waste time in those meaningless games? The reason for their poor play is Mike D's coaching, Kobe's ego, Mike D's coaching, then injuries

Sactown
02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Amare hasn't started mainly because Woodson just can't throw him in that role after having a bum knee. Last year when he took over he always had Amare in the starting unit and he had him work on his post game this offseason, He would still be in the lineup if it weren't for the injury but to be a top seed playing Melo at the 4, there's no need to rush him back. Have to ease into it. He might have said that he will stay with Amare coming off the bench but he also said he was 100% sure that Jeremy Lin would be hi starting PG. Can't always believe him.

Sheed & Camby has missed SO MANY games (especially Camby) so that leaves us with Kurt Thomas & Amare (who missed half the season) as the only true bigs. Melo cannot play center. I know you really have never seen Copeland play because his defense is as terrible as it gets, he's far too weak to play PF, all he does is take jumpshots.

Novak doesn't start and has been unable to get open much this season. He's actually been a disappointment from last year. Felton hasn't played that good. Kidd played good for just the first half of the season, He's been nonexistent for some time now. Iman is a STARTER & so is Felton and both of them have missed games.

Even if Dwight was healthy his body language is saying he isn't happy there & doesn't want to be there right now. That is the reason for his play. He was playing in the preseason, if he was so injured why would he waste time in those meaningless games? The reason for their poor play is Mike D's coaching, Kobe's ego, Mike D's coaching, then injuries

I've witnessed Copeland play PF, he isn't great defensively, but hell, neither is Amare lol..
Camby and Sheed have missed time, and it hasn't hurt the Knicks significantly because of their luxury of having so many bigs.

Tyson Chandler averages 33 minutes a game, which isn't harboring a ton of minutes, and the reason the Knicks can do that is because they have the depth to do so.
In fact the Knicks have so much depth they have 13 players lodging over 10 minutes a game and that excludes Kurt Thomas and his 9.4 minutes per game.. and even if Novak isn't a starter he still logs in over 20 minutes a game.

To say the Knicks don't have depth is insane, yes they might have to play some small ball, but they do have depth.. it's not like they're relying on Chandler to play 40MPG

justinnum1
02-12-2013, 07:39 PM
:violin:

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 08:04 PM
I've witnessed Copeland play PF, he isn't great defensively, but hell, neither is Amare lol..
Camby and Sheed have missed time, and it hasn't hurt the Knicks significantly because of their luxury of having so many bigs.

Tyson Chandler averages 33 minutes a game, which isn't harboring a ton of minutes, and the reason the Knicks can do that is because they have the depth to do so.
In fact the Knicks have so much depth they have 13 players lodging over 10 minutes a game and that excludes Kurt Thomas and his 9.4 minutes per game.. and even if Novak isn't a starter he still logs in over 20 minutes a game.

To say the Knicks don't have depth is insane, yes they might have to play some small ball, but they do have depth.. it's not like they're relying on Chandler to play 40MPG

At least Amare can block shots every now & then and has decent size... Copeland might have been listed at the 4 you haven't seen him defending in the post or doing nothing more than taking a bunch of jumpshots. If you think he's a quality big then Antawn Jamison is a god. I mean.. Joel Anthony, Battier, Lewis, & Miller are listed at the 4 at times but it doesn't mean that they are quality bigs. I once seen GS start Al Harrington at Center but it doesn't mean he's a Center now does it? But point is, Copeland is NOT a big and he sure is hell can't give any NBA team (maybe not even college) minutes at the center position

They have that many players averaging over 10 minutes because of injuries. 10 minutes doesn't justify if a player is that good anyways. Kurt Thomas does little to NOTHING and he has starts, that just shows how bad our frontcourt has been outside of Chandler (and Melo playing the 4) with injuries to Amare, Sheed, & Camby this year. Never having those three in shape and healthy at the same time is the reason we have played Melo at the 4. Novak has that many minutes but a lot of times this season he has done NOTHING. No defense, sometimes he hasn't made his threes, sometimes he hasn't even had a chance to get off shots because he isn't that good at getting open.

& I never said they didn't have depth but it isn't as good as you put it because we haven't even had everyone on the court at the same time & Amare & Iman can't even play over 20-25 minutes yet because their coming off of the injuries

TheNumber37
02-12-2013, 08:10 PM
And JR and Chandler have played through injuries. I think Cobeland, Pablo and White have been fine too.

TheNumber37
02-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm still confused by the title of this thread... "Was?"

Yeah, Let's not play the last 30 games or so and write this off as horrible. Big Doubts, here, but you never know what can happen.

Sactown
02-12-2013, 08:13 PM
At least Amare can block shots every now & then and has decent size... Copeland might have been listed at the 4 you haven't seen him defending in the post or doing nothing more than taking a bunch of jumpshots. If you think he's a quality big then Antawn Jamison is a god. I mean.. Joel Anthony, Battier, Lewis, & Miller are listed at the 4 at times but it doesn't mean that they are quality bigs. I once seen GS start Al Harrington at Center but it doesn't mean he's a Center now does it? But point is, Copeland is NOT a big and he sure is hell can't give any NBA team (maybe not even college) minutes at the center position

They have that many players averaging over 10 minutes because of injuries. 10 minutes doesn't justify if a player is that good anyways. Kurt Thomas does little to NOTHING and he has starts, that just shows how bad our frontcourt has been outside of Chandler (and Melo playing the 4) with injuries to Amare, Sheed, & Camby this year. Never having those three in shape and healthy at the same time is the reason we have played Melo at the 4. Novak has that many minutes but a lot of times this season he has done NOTHING. No defense, sometimes he hasn't made his threes, sometimes he hasn't even had a chance to get off shots because he isn't that good at getting open.

& I never said they didn't have depth but it isn't as good as you put it because we haven't even had everyone on the court at the same time & Amare & Iman can't even play over 20-25 minutes yet because their coming off of the injuries

And yet they have a winning record, because they all haven't been healthy at the same time doesn't mean there isn't depth.. If they didn't have depth they'd be man handled by these injuries.. And honestly, Melo plays best at the PF position, he's played more PF this season than ever and he's posting career numbers. The Knicks do have depth.. they have so much depth in fact they gave Ronnie Brewer a DNP CD... Ronnie Brewer has started on teams.. that is depth.

And yes, because someone plays someone as a big when that isn't their best position doesn't mean they can't get by with playing him their.. Miami has played Shane at PF position.. Offensively and defensively and they have been productive doing so.. so Yes when a player plays a substantial amount of minutes at a position and is capable of playing that position, I do consider it a viable option.. Which Copeland has done for short stretches.. If it gives Melo or Amare or Tyson a 5 minute break a game, than it's depth..

By no stretch of the imagination am I saying Copeland and Kurt are great options, but none the less they are in fact options. Many teams in the league, including LA don't have those kind of options.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 08:33 PM
And yet they have a winning record, because they all haven't been healthy at the same time doesn't mean there isn't depth.. If they didn't have depth they'd be man handled by these injuries.. And honestly, Melo plays best at the PF position, he's played more PF this season than ever and he's posting career numbers. The Knicks do have depth.. they have so much depth in fact they gave Ronnie Brewer a DNP CD... Ronnie Brewer has started on teams.. that is depth.

And yes, because someone plays someone as a big when that isn't their best position doesn't mean they can't get by with playing him their.. Miami has played Shane at PF position.. Offensively and defensively and they have been productive doing so.. so Yes when a player plays a substantial amount of minutes at a position and is capable of playing that position, I do consider it a viable option.. Which Copeland has done for short stretches.. If it gives Melo or Amare or Tyson a 5 minute break a game, than it's depth..

By no stretch of the imagination am I saying Copeland and Kurt are great options, but none the less they are in fact options. Many teams in the league, including LA don't have those kind of options.

Melo is posting about his same numbers as usual besides the years of the Melo drama, Mike D, Linsanity distractions. His scoring & 3pt% is a career high right now but his FG%, rebounds, & assists are all down. & players usually play their best at age 28 (prime). They have had injuries and they are a second seed right now. That's why LA can't really use it as an excuse. Especially when Dwight & Kobe together has missed a total of 4 or 5 games. & having Copeland & Hurt Thomas would NOT help the Lakers anymore then whatever they had.

Brewer has been a starter, yes. Antawn Jamison has been an all star, so has MWP. Jodie Meeks started games on Phily last year. Chris Duhon once looked like a damn good PG under Mike D in the past. Steve Blake has gotten quality minutes on a winning team before. Many would argue Pau Gasol should have been a NBA Finals MVP. What you did in the past mean nothing. It's all about what you are doing now. & with the way that Woodson has used Brewer, he is pretty much useless.

& unless you can find a starting lineup where every player plays 48 mpg then everyone has depth because just because someone can give you 5 minutes a game doesn't mean anything. Austin Rivers is playing 23 mpg... Is he a quality backup?

Sactown
02-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Melo is posting about his same numbers as usual besides the years of the Melo drama, Mike D, Linsanity distractions. His scoring & 3pt% is a career high right now but his FG%, rebounds, & assists are all down. & players usually play their best at age 28 (prime). They have had injuries and they are a second seed right now. That's why LA can't really use it as an excuse. Especially when Dwight & Kobe together has missed a total of 4 or 5 games. & having Copeland & Hurt Thomas would NOT help the Lakers anymore then whatever they had.

Brewer has been a starter, yes. Antawn Jamison has been an all star, so has MWP. Jodie Meeks started games on Phily last year. Chris Duhon once looked like a damn good PG under Mike D in the past. Steve Blake has gotten quality minutes on a winning team before. Many would argue Pau Gasol should have been a NBA Finals MVP. What you did in the past mean nothing. It's all about what you are doing now. & with the way that Woodson has used Brewer, he is pretty much useless.

& unless you can find a starting lineup where every player plays 48 mpg then everyone has depth because just because someone can give you 5 minutes a game doesn't mean anything. Austin Rivers is playing 23 mpg... Is he a quality backup?

So you're telling me, you think the Knicks have bad depth?

Also Melo is posting career highs in; Per, TS% EFG% WS/48 ORTG USG%.

Blitzbolt
02-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Its Karma Lakers fans had the rings ready to go like Heat fans when Lebron got there.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 08:50 PM
So you're telling me, you think the Knicks have bad depth?

Also Melo is posting career highs in; Per, TS% EFG% WS/48 ORTG USG%.

& I never said they didn't have depth but it isn't as good as you put it because we haven't even had everyone on the court at the same time

I know you read that in my post earlier so Idek why u just asked that

I also said players usually play their best at age 28 (prime) so I never really discredited that

Sactown
02-12-2013, 08:58 PM
I know you read that in my post earlier so Idek why u just asked that

I also said players usually play their best at age 28 (prime) so I never really discredited that
I think it has more to do with him playing PF... he's a matchup nightmare for anyone at the PF position

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I think it has more to do with him playing PF... he's a matchup nightmare for anyone at the PF position

He's a nightmare for anyone lol

Sactown
02-12-2013, 09:03 PM
He's a nightmare for anyone lol

He's more manageable at the SF position, since he's most effective in the paint area and when he's playing SF there's 4 guys in the paint, when he's playing PF there's only 2. He has much more space to operate at the PF position.

b@llhog24
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2013, 09:40 PM

This thread title gave you an orgasm huh?

Knew it wouldn't be long til you posted.

mdm692
02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
And the excuses begin. Kobe is still there and he paired with Gasol or Nash or D12 should be able to carry the team to at least 6-8 seed. This is just bad coaching along with huge egos colliding. I guess there is a god after all :).

Hawkeye15
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
as a fan of a team that has 198 missed games on the roster due to injury, with Love expected to miss another 18-20, Budinger 12-15, and Lee 33, I really just don't care to hear about injuries as an excuse this season for any team.

Is it an excuse that a roster machine gunned by injuries wasn't as good as expected? Not really. But in the Lakers case, their staff, and the media blew this up to an extreme, and its become a series of excuses. You have 3 old dudes and a guy who came off back surgery with nerve damage as your stars, and nothing after that, with the LA pressure, and media that is unforgiving.

jaji10
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM

hmmm... they lost nash 2nd game of the season...

b@llhog24
02-12-2013, 10:22 PM
This thread title gave you an orgasm huh?

Knew it wouldn't be long til you posted.

You've been waiting on me? :love:

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-12-2013, 10:37 PM

I noticed how you got me as your sig, how cute of you though but sad at the same time. Sad because you clearly didn't see I was being sarcastic hence the "lol" and secondly I wouldn't be dumb enough to say that in a serious manner I do believe Kobe will go down as a top 5 player ever but the best or even #2? No!

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2013, 10:38 PM

For a long time. :love:

:cheers:

icon1914
02-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Injuries and Bad Chemistry make you drop from a #1 seed to few spots lower.. not struggling to get into the playoffs... Dwight and Kobe have been playing the majority of this season.... Record should be better.... maybe not what was predicted, but better...

Cracka2HI!
02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Now there is no doubt that coaching has to do a lot with it but this season is about over for the lakers!

They've had so many injuries to most of their key players that they never really got a chance to get their chemistry going!

Jordan hill
Lost for the season
Gasol out for most of the season hasn't been the same player(been playing through injuries)
And now arguably the 2nd best player on the team EARL CLARK has a MRI scheduled today for his sore foot! The amount of Injuries the lakers have faced has really hurt there chemistry, every time they seem to be getting it together an injury occurs!
It's safe to say the lakers won't be making the playoffs this year! Injuries and bad attitude/ coaching killed them this year! It would be a miracle if they did get the 8th seed!

Ironically the Clippers have probably lost just as many man games to injury. What's funny is I think the Lakers are improving and will still get the 8th seed.

beasted86
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Injuries and Bad Chemistry make you drop from a #1 seed to few spots lower.. not struggling to get into the playoffs... Dwight and Kobe have been playing the majority of this season.... Record should be better.... maybe not what was predicted, but better...

THIS!

In 2010 when Miami was going through their rough start at 9-8 losing Haslem for 70 games and Miller for the first 2 months, they were never as bad as this Lakers team.

b@llhog24
02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
I noticed how you got me as your sig, how cute of you though but sad at the same time. Sad because you clearly didn't see I was being sarcastic hence the "lol" and secondly I wouldn't be dumb enough to say that in a serious manner I do believe Kobe will go down as a top 5 player ever but the best or even #2? No!

Well you do say a ton of homeristic **** and then back out of it when proven wrong. Btw, If I wanted to make it look serious, don't you think I would've removed the "lol"? :eyebrow:

For a long time. :love:

:cheers:

Lol.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Lol, Laker fan throwing in the towel mid Feb.

Lakers most likely would of made the playoffs if it weren't for injuries, but they definitely wouldn't of competed for a title. Maybe next year. They have too many chemistry problems.

Cracka2HI!
02-13-2013, 12:24 AM
How are the Lakers even that hurt? Only Gasol is out. Howard is playing fine tonight.

R. Johnson#3
02-13-2013, 12:46 AM

Jordan hill
Lost for the season

Oh man, if you were a Jays fan. Oh man.

LakersIn5
02-13-2013, 12:57 AM

and when was that? dwight came to L.A injured

bigmac8675
02-13-2013, 01:45 AM
...and the fact that they just suck

VendettaRed07
02-13-2013, 02:47 AM
Hiring D'antoni. Seriously the worst possible coach in the world for the Lakers and the situation they are in.

Over plays starters, doesn't know how to use players strengths. Never calls a time out or takes someone out when they are gassed. And lets not even get started on the defense. Having a coach who makes players run the court and play uptempo and play small literally goes against every single strength the lakers have.

The lakers even with their injuries could have won a lot more games this season if they had someone who knew what they were doing. Awful coach. Whenever people talk about D'antoni, they say, well he sucks at defense, but thats not even the tip of the iceburg in his weaknesses as a coach. They had no chance to win anything the second they hired him