PDA

View Full Version : Teams Targeting Dwights Shoulder

Tymathee
02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Maybe this is why he's having a hard time...

www.ngngsports.com/2013/02/dwight-howard-says-that-teams-are-targeting-his-injured-shoulder.html

On his first trip down the court, Dwight Howard felt Miami Heat players grabbing at his injured right arm.

“They got me early,” he told Yahoo! Sports in the quiet of the Lakers locker room after Sunday’s 107-97 loss. “They would yank it back.”

Howard said the Bobcats did the same thing in Charlotte Friday night – even worse, in fact.
“It’s like a jolt,” he said. “Then it hurts the rest of the night.”

This is the daily reality now for Dwight Howard, who no matter how publicly he is painted as soft, is playing with an injury that is not going away anytime soon. The torn labrum in his right shoulder is very real, and so is the pain.

Howard says he’s trying to do everything he can on the court, but also adds: “I’m trying not to make [the injury] even worse.” When asked how long doctors say it might be before the pain goes away, Howard sighed.

“No timetable,” he replied.

joeystats
02-12-2013, 01:49 PM
:cry:

Iron24th
02-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Another cry from Dwight, yes NBA players are targeting injuries when they meet an injured player, Kobe and some others already said it.

Is Dwight new to the NBA? Another excuse?

I'm starting to think Rick Fox is right when he says Dwight has a loser's mentality.

joeystats
02-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Another cry from Dwight, yes NBA players are targeting injuries when they meet an injured player, Kobe and some others already said it.

I'm starting to think Rick Fox is right when he says Dwight has a loser's mentality.

:clap:

Decimotox
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm not surprised and I hope no one else is surprised. Hell, I'd do it too if I were playing against him.

handle
02-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Nobody ever said anything about my comment during the Celtics game when I said that Garnett and Pierce were going after Dwight's arm... at one point, Garnett grabbed it and yanked it across his body, clearly trying to injure him. I didn't notice it during Miami's game, but I turned that one off after a while...

Vinylman
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
How is this news?

Tymathee
02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Nobody ever said anything about my comment during the Celtics game when I said that Garnett and Pierce were going after Dwight's arm... at one point, Garnett grabbed it and yanked it across his body, clearly trying to injure him. I didn't notice it during Miami's game, but I turned that one off after a while...

Right, those types of things should be easy fouls but the refs never call it. The Celtics are notorious for playing dirty yet never get called.

championships
02-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Is Dwight surprised by this?

Of course players are going after the injury, It's sports, Happens all the time in every sport.

Dwight really doesn't know how to play with an injury. All part of the learning curve I suppose.

D-Ho still has a lot to learn

Decimotox
02-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Duh-wight is a baby

DodgerNationFan
02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
:clap:

midwestlaker75
02-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Sad, But true. This is nothing new, Bruce Bowen was the master of these things. He would step on swollen ankles and feet. Sore hands and shoulders wer sure to get a whack on the way by. So especially when you continue to draw attention to it, Naturally players are going to test you.

championships
02-12-2013, 07:00 PM
This is why you don't cry about how bad it hurts to the media. Players will go for the injury for sure after that.