PDA

View Full Version : Question About ESPN FIRST TAKE.

boateng
02-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Just seen they are debating MJ vs Lebron again

Why do they always discuss this topic?

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 10:51 AM
So Skip can bash LeBron... Without bashing LeBron he would have no career

I Rock Shaqs
02-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Cuz it's ESPN and they're lame as hell.

boateng
02-12-2013, 10:55 AM
So Skip can bash LeBron... Without bashing LeBron he would have no career

Yeah what is his beef with Lebron?

Does he really feel this way about him or do ESPN tell him to behave like that. I have seen a lot of YouTube debates with him talking about Lebron and he is ever so dismissive of him.

C_Mund
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Just seen they are debating MJ vs Lebron again

Why do they always discuss this topic?

Because as time goes on, the lines that once distinctly pointed in favor of Jordan are starting to blur.
I'm NOT saying I think Lebron is better, but the arguments are starting to thin a bit.

ManRam
02-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Because they like to be controversial and say stupid things about stupid topics. It's what attracts the masses.

Fired-Up
02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Because as time goes on, the lines that once distinctly pointed in favor of Jordan are starting to blur.
I'm NOT saying I think Lebron is better, but the arguments are starting to thin a bit.

6 Finals MVP's in 6 essentially consecutive seasons.......... The line is clear as ever.

FachoinaNYY
02-12-2013, 11:12 AM
First Take is the trashiest thing on ESPN. Skip and Stephen A are simply shockjocks screaming at each other. They try to piss the audience off as much as possible as it is a cheap and easy way to get viewers. If ESPN cared about anything but ratings you would not have such an awful show.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah what is his beef with Lebron?

Does he really feel this way about him or do ESPN tell him to behave like that. I have seen a lot of YouTube debates with him talking about Lebron and he is ever so dismissive of him.

He just likes to be the one to stand out & say outrageous things.. Everyone says Tebow sucks and he loves him, Everyone said Aaron Rodgers was great and he finds ways to hate him, He doesn't even like Floyd Mayweather because everyone else does, He even said that Eagles would win games under Vince Young, He switches up his opinion at times just to go against others. EVERYTHING he says is for Shock Value.

He probably asked for this topic and is going to claim that everyone else is saying he is

FachoinaNYY
02-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Lebron will never have the same legacy as Jordan, even though he is undoubtedly the more gifted athlete. If Lebron had Jordan's drive and competitive nature, that ******* mentality, he would never lose, but as we have seen that is not the case. Even if he wins 3-5 more rings he will never have the same legacy.

The same can be said for Kobe, all this talk about how close he is to Jordan, comeon, you put MJ at ANY point in his career (even Wizards MJ) on the lakers and they would be top 3 in the west. I can't believe how little flak Kobe is taking for the abomination that is the lakers.

boateng
02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
He just likes to be the one to stand out & say outrageous things.. Everyone says Tebow sucks and he loves him, Everyone said Aaron Rodgers was great and he finds ways to hate him, He doesn't even like Floyd Mayweather because everyone else does, He even said that Eagles would win games under Vince Young, He switches up his opinion at times just to go against others. EVERYTHING he says is for Shock Value.

He probably asked for this topic and is going to claim that everyone else is saying he is
Hmm Yeah

He hates Aaron Rodgers, always knocking him. I read he is a big Brett Favre fan, so maybe that's why he hates him.
I find it strange how an ''analyst'' can be so bias, and have such an open out-rage of some athletes.

It is a shame he feels this way about guys like Lebron, Aaron Rodgers, Mayweather, etc...he is really missing out watching some great athletes in their peak of their careers by always looking for negatives.

boateng
02-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Lebron will never have the same legacy as Jordan, even though he is undoubtedly the more gifted athlete. If Lebron had Jordan's drive and competitive nature, that ******* mentality, he would never lose, but as we have seen that is not the case. Even if he wins 3-5 more rings he will never have the same legacy.

The same can be said for Kobe, all this talk about how close he is to Jordan, comeon, you put MJ at ANY point in his career (even Wizards MJ) on the lakers and they would be top 3 in the west. I can't believe how little flak Kobe is taking for the abomination that is the lakers.

I agree with this.

Jordan is a phenomenon, he didn't win all the time but when he was supposed to, he did.

boateng

After Lebron winning 1 ring, suddenly Jordan legacy is starting to fade....

C_Mund
6 Finals MVP's in 6 essentially consecutive seasons.......... The line is clear as ever.

Yeah, if you take only those stats, but if I'm correct Jordan and Lebron started to win around the same time in their career. If LBJ goes HAM over the next few years (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is almost a certainty) there's no reason to think Lebron can't be considered history's Pippen to history's Jordan.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Hmm Yeah

He hates Aaron Rodgers, always knocking him. I read he is a big Brett Favre fan, so maybe that's why he hates him.
I find it strange how an ''analyst'' can be so bias, and have such an open out-rage of some athletes.

It is a shame he feels this way about guys like Lebron, Aaron Rodgers, Mayweather, etc...he is really missing out watching some great athletes in their peak of their careers by always looking for negatives.

It's just for ratings... They don't have Jalen Rose on the show much anymore because he makes him look like a fool every time he gets an invite

Fired-Up
02-12-2013, 11:35 AM
LeBron is not a more gifted athlete than Jordan. MJ had better stamina, body control, hops, acceleration, quickness, speed, pain tolerance and coordination.

LBJ has more strength and size.

bucketss
02-12-2013, 11:38 AM
LeBron is not a more gifted athlete than Jordan. MJ had better stamina, body control, hops, acceleration, quickness, speed, pain tolerance and coordination.

LBJ has more strength and size.

looked like mj had to work harder for it though so i think lebron is more naturally gifted.

Fired-Up
02-12-2013, 11:43 AM
looked like mj had to work harder for it though so i think lebron is more naturally gifted.

LBJ has a tremendous work ethic. He's not lazy. MJ was just a freak of nature, physically. More so than LeBron.

LeperMessiah
02-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Just a bunch of birds squawking.

SteBO
02-12-2013, 11:47 AM
With Skip itís very simpleÖ.

Heís spent YEARS covering MJ in his golden years, so naturally heís going to be in awe of him and what heís done on the court on a night in night out basis. So what ends up happening is that heís in a mind frame that NOBODY can ever touch him in terms of statistics, intangibles, and of course the other facets of the game that will help his case. LBJ was hailed as the best thing since Jordan, before even stepping on an NBA floor. From his first game @Sacramento onwards, you all see heís as good as advertised and afterwards only got better. Media rides it to no end, and of course itís going to irk Skip that heís being placed in the same sentences as Jordan. So now you see what youíre watching now: a media guy that canít accept the fact that itís very much possible for LeBron to at least come close. At the end of the day, First Take is just a show to entertain......nothing more.

C_Mund
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
After Lebron winning 1 ring, suddenly Jordan legacy is starting to fade....

You completely miss the point. Every generation they're going to try and compare the best players to the best of all time. So far, Lebron is starting to look like he MAY have what it takes to go on a run like Jordan did, so they're going to ask it over and over again until it's proven one way or the other. I'm not agreeing with this, but you have to admit that even if LB doesn't match Jordan's accomplishments he's an all-time great talent barring any kind of end-of-career meltdown.

BigBlueCrew
02-12-2013, 12:07 PM
With Skip itís very simpleÖ.

Heís spent YEARS covering MJ in his golden years, so naturally heís going to be in awe of him and what heís done on the court on a night in night out basis.

of course, some us saw Michael Jordan in his prime and can understand what Skip is talking about. Its not a bad thing. If you guys wanna ride LBJ's schlong go ahead. But Jordan was the greatest thing to happen to the NBA. And as a Knicks fan I hated the guy but at least I respected him as well.

HouRealCoach
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
of course, some us saw Michael Jordan in his prime and can understand what Skip is talking about. Its not a bad thing. If you guys wanna ride LBJ's schlong go ahead. But Jordan was the greatest thing to happen to the NBA. And as a Knicks fan I hated the guy but at least I respected him as well.

Skip Bayless tells the staff the topics he wants to discuss... It isn't like everyone is claiming LeBron is better (anyone who is is delusional). It's just the fact that he does everything in his power to discredit LeBron James. That is what he is famous for. That's ALL he did back when the show was "First & 10". Soon it's converted to discredit Aaron Rodgers and praise Tim Tebow. Never have I even seen someone go on that show and debate with Skip that LeBron is better than Jordan.

SteBO
02-12-2013, 12:27 PM
@BigBlueCrew, I agree with you. I was just explaining why Skip is the way he is with his clear biases against ‘Bron when the two get compared.

Fired-Up
02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Skip Bayless tends to hate the most gifted athletes (physically speaking) he can find. He hates Rodgers, Howard, LeBron and Peterson.

Yet he loves the guys who are all fundamental like Duncan and Brady. No problem loving these guys. They deserve praise, but if you are doing it with extreme physicality it makes no difference. Production is production. No matter the style.