PDA

View Full Version : Championship Teams of the Past vs Future Champions, Battling New CBA

Dade County
02-10-2013, 01:17 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=229317

By contrast, Battier said it could come down to contenders weighing contention vs. salary, the way many on the Heat roster did during their most recent contract negotiations, James, Wade and Bosh included.
** "Unless you have ultimate sacrifice like this team did, it's very difficult to get a Big Three anymore," he said.
** Or, for that matter, get the complementary pieces needed to support such a Big Three.
** But, again, he turned to the greater good, where the Raptors can rebrand themselves with Rudy Gay, where the Rockets can rise from the ashes of the Yao Ming era with a James Harden.
** "I don't mind that," Battier said. "I don't mind seeing a more robust league. That's what the CBA was designed to do."
** To Battier, the CBA didn't fail Memphis or Oklahoma City. He said that still, ultimately, comes down to players and management.
*** "The CBA was designed to disburse talent, regardless of market," he said. "You could still keep that team together; it's gonna cost you. So how bad do you want to win a championship?
** "And that's a question only an owner can answer."

What do you posters think about this...?

A team that wins a championship when the new CBA luxury tax starts would have had to face greater difficulty, then the teams of the past. The league talent will be more spread out as the years past and this makes for tougher competition day in and day out.

Batter playoff match-ups, more cities involved when it comes to contending..etc

So, if a team can pull together lets say 2 championships in 5yrs, does this accomplishment speak louder then the Lakers 3 peat, or one of the Jordan Bulls 3 peat, or what the Spurs did...etc?

Edit**

To a Mod... I created a poll with this but it didn't show up, is their a way one of you can add my pole to this thread? If so, please do... Thanks in advance.

LakersIn5
02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
new CBA sucks balls for big market teams and players who want to form a super team

Hellcrooner
02-10-2013, 02:01 PM
For the moment the new cba has worked perfectly......:rolleyes:

Two Small market Contenders have neded to get rid of players because of the supertax.

And surprise surprise they have traded said players to BIGGER markets.

:laugh:

If anything it wont stop big threes, but it will make them CHEAPER for owners because the dudes in question will have to take a bit more of a paycutt than in the past.

As a side effect btw , in princple all salarys should go lower than they were, for tons of the players that used to get MLe ( of 5-6 million) being offered just 2 or 3 million wich will open the door for chinse league and euroleague of outbiding nba teams for Mid talent players.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-10-2013, 05:29 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=229317

What do you posters think about this...?

A team that wins a championship when the new CBA luxury tax starts would have had to face greater difficulty, then the teams of the past. The league talent will be more spread out as the years past and this makes for tougher competition day in and day out.

Batter playoff match-ups, more cities involved when it comes to contending..etc

So, if a team can pull together lets say 2 championships in 5yrs, does this accomplishment speak louder then the Lakers 3 peat, or one of the Jordan Bulls 3 peat, or what the Spurs did...etc?

Edit**

To a Mod... I created a poll with this but it didn't show up, is their a way one of you can add my pole to this thread? If so, please do... Thanks in advance.

2 rings in five years better then a 3peat? I don't care what the circumstances are, 3peat is the hardest thing to do in sports.