PDA

View Full Version : Bulls, Pacers and Bucks pursuing J.J. Redick

eternal slumber
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/bulls-pacers-pursuing-redick.html

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/bucks-mulling-run-at-redick.html

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Good pickup for Pacers imo. JJ Reddick needs to get out of that crap in Orlando.

ThaDubs
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Good for JJ.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 11:01 PM
He deserves to play for a good team. I expect Bulls and Pacers to be active at the deadline. I think both have reasons to believe, with Granger and Rose coming back, that they have a shot at coming out the East with one more small piece like a Redick.

Stunner
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Magic need a PG for the future , I can see a Rip , Teague and 2nd prob for JJ . Fair deal

bholly
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Would be a great fit in either Chi or Indy. Would hate to see him get stuck in Milwaukee. Lucky for him he's an unrestricted FA after the season, just in case.

LakersIn5
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
lakers should try to get him.

Chitownhero1992
02-10-2013, 12:32 AM
As a Bulls fan I don't want him...and that's hard to say because JJ is one of my favorite players (my favorite college played of all times) and he's having a great season. Its just we already have Bellinelli doing the same thing and they'd want another young asset such as a 1st or Teague or more...and its not worth giving up multiple assets to me.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Funny how everyone "wants him outta that Orlando crap" when he has come out and said himself he doesnt wanna leave orlando its his preference to stay because Orlando has become his home and its where he met his wife ... said he would understand if he got traded due to the business of the league but he would much rather stay here .....

effen5
02-10-2013, 12:23 PM
As a Bulls fan I don't want him...and that's hard to say because JJ is one of my favorite players (my favorite college played of all times) and he's having a great season. Its just we already have Bellinelli doing the same thing and they'd want another young asset such as a 1st or Teague or more...and its not worth giving up multiple assets to me.

But then who backs up Beli? We still need a three point threat.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 12:35 PM
It seems that the odds of us trading him are about 50/50 now. He supposedly actually is 100% fine with staying there long term, but it might just not be best for the team. He genuinely enjoys playing in Orlando by all accounts.

I still hope we do trade him, but I'm not as opposed to re-signing him again as I was before the season started. I'm not too thrilled about paying him big money as we're rebuilding, but he's a good guy to have around. It would necessitate us trading Afflalo though...paying them both isn't worth it.

Picks and expirings seem to be the asking price. Obviously young talent works too.

Tmath
02-10-2013, 12:36 PM
lakers should try to get him.

Lakers have no assets to get him.

Lakers are screwed.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 12:41 PM

Lakers are screwed.

They absolutely have nothing that's worth it. Nothing at all. If they had a big expiring I'd be OK with trading Redick and Harrington/Davis for it, just to free ourselves from that bad contract. But asset-wise, they truly have NOTHING to offer a non-contending team.

effen5
02-10-2013, 01:00 PM

Lakers are screwed.

Trade D12 to Orlando

ManRam
02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I think he'd be a great fit on Indy. They're a bit thin at the 2, and they really could use his scoring/shooting/play making.

Not sure what they have to offer tho.

Neosheed
02-10-2013, 01:51 PM
The bulls is where he'll fit in at. the bulls can give up teauge,and a furture 1st and to sweeten the pot Marco or rip
Them trade for mosgov from Denver

Rose(return)/kirk/nate
Jj/Marco or rip/buttler
Deng/buttler

Boozer/taj
Noah/mozgov

ManRam
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
JJ for Rip, Vlad, Teague and one of their own 1st rounders

OR

JJ for Rip, Vlad and the Bobcats' pick (which is constantly overvalued by Bulls fans, but is still a decent asset)

are decent deals. Not terribly in love with either. I'd love to try to pawn off Harington's contract, but Chicago doesn't have big enough expirings to help with that. That might hurt their chances.

----------

Indy doesn't have a good expiring either, assuming that they won't trade West for Redick...nor do they have any nice young talent they could offer. I wouldn't mind trading Redick + Harrington/Baby/Afflalo for a contract that expires after next season, but Indy doesn't have that either. I think Orlando's focus is to have free money not for this offseason, but for next. So moving Harrington, Baby and Afflalo are probably the priorities. Nelson maybe as well.

I think that they might be a tough trade partner.

-----------

I'd do Redick + Harrington/Afflalo/Davis for Beno Udrih, Mike Dunleavy and a pick. Shed one of our bad contracts. I think Redick + Afflalo would be a good trade for Milwaukee if they feel they can commit that money. Orlando might want something nicer back if we do move Afflalo. Doubt they'd consider moving Hensen.

Just doing something thinking out loud...

Bullsfan22
02-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I'll pass on JJ he would only make us marginally better, no reason to get in a bidding war for him.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
I'll pass on JJ he would only make us marginally better, no reason to get in a bidding war for him.

It might not be worth it. But Chicago's production from the 2 this year has been abysmal.

JJ is a significant upgrade over Rip IMO on that team. I think he'd be a great fit. It's not like Teague is a great prospect or their draft picks are tremendous either. If that's all it takes, why not?

Bullsfan22
02-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I'd love to have JJ as our starting two but to be honest I'm curving my enthusiasm because I think someone will overpay or easily outbid us. Teague haven't proven much and our picks will probably end up in the low 20's but I'd rather just wait to see if it's someone worth overpaying for.

If I was Gar/Pax before I make a deal I'd ask myself will he get us over the hump against Miami. It's still early in the trade deadline process so I'd rather just be patient.