PDA

View Full Version : The Official "free" a player thread....

Everymanalion
02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Which players don't deserve to be stuck in horrible situations and should be playing for championships/playoff teams or just in better situations. I will start it off and put up a example:

Monta Ellis: Wasting his ****ckin' prime on the Bucks.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Westbrook. No matter what he does, people are always going to say Durant should have the ball. Even when he scores 50, Durant should get the ball.

Everymanalion
02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Going to add Demarcus Cousins just because he is one of my favorite players and I want to see him traded to a team who is not in a massive disaster mode right now even though he is young and has plenty of time to play....

Everymanalion
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Westbrook. No matter what he does, people are always going to say Durant should have the ball. Even when he scores 50, Durant should get the ball.

But without WB they would not be who they are, people do not understand that, even when he chucks he is still part of the lifeblood of that team.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Going to add Demarcus Cousins just because he is one of my favorite players and I want to see him traded to a team who is not in a massive disaster mode right now even though he is young and has plenty of time to play....

DeMarcus Cousins causes his own problems. He's so hardheaded that it causes issues with the team. I agree with you, he has so much potential and could most likely be a top 10 player in the future. However, his attitude towards the game is downright awful.

Everymanalion
02-09-2013, 09:31 PM
DeMarcus Cousins causes his own problems. He's so hardheaded that it causes issues with the team. I agree with you, he has so much potential and could most likely be a top 10 player in the future. However, his attitude towards the game is downright awful.

I used to try to stick up for him but its almost impossible now, I just hope he gets his **** straight, I like his attitude most of the time, he is mean and does not want any friends, the NBA of old, but he needs to be able to channel that against the other team and not the refs and his own coach:/

I just feel he could benefit from a new team and a breath of fresh air. Put him with POP or Thibs and I promise you he would be benched instantly for pulling that BS but on a losing Kings team, they NEED him.

ATX
02-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Steve Nash would have been the obvious choice last season, and I'll say still is...

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah, Steve Nash is really visibly useless with Kobe hogging the ball. If you wanted someone to pass, choose Nash. However, Kobe can't play off the ball and needs the ball to be somewhat useful.

ManRam
02-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Free Afflalo (to a team where he can fill his role perfectly...like as a 3rd or 4th option, not a 1), Al Harrington and Hedo to any other team.

Steve Nash needs to be freed from Kobe.

Westbrook needs to be freed of KD for a lot of people to realize how amazing he really can be. Put him on a team with identical talent around him as Rose and he'd perform exactly as well.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:46 PM
But without WB they would not be who they are, people do not understand that, even when he chucks he is still part of the lifeblood of that team.

Yes, but as you stated before, you want to know which player is stuck in a horrible situation. That would be Westbrook. People are always wanting to trade him. People always want to blame him for everything. Despite their success, Westbrook is always blamed. He's overlooked because of how good Durant is.

black1605
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Free Tyrus Thomas by way of the amnesty clause this off season.

ThaDubs
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Westbrook isn't stuck on a bad team though. He's in as good a situation as he can possibly be. Durant deserves the ball more anyways. He's longer, more efficient, smarter, less of a *****. I think Durant deserves a better point guard if anything. Put (healthy) Rondo on the Thunder and Durant averages 35.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Westbrook isn't stuck on a bad team though. He's in as good a situation as he can possibly be. Durant deserves the ball more anyways. He's longer, more efficient, smarter, less of a *****. I think Durant deserves a better point guard if anything. Put (healthy) Rondo on the Thunder and Durant averages 35.

Winning, yes, good situation. The treatment he receives isn't necessary though. OKC wouldn't have made the finals without Westbrook. Most people forget that and hate on him. He's a ballhog but no matter what he does, he's always first to blame.

Minimal
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Indeed why would anyone free Westbrook? He is on a team that went to the finals last year, remember? I say Goran Dragic and Ryan Anderson.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Indeed why would anyone free Westbrook? He is on a team that went to the finals last year, remember? I say Goran Dragic and Ryan Anderson.

Because the question isn't asking who shouldn't be on a losing team. It's about which player is in a bad situation, winning or not winning.

JNoel
02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Pau, he would tear it up if he had his own team...

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Pau, he would tear it up if he had his own team...

The only thing he will tear is his foot.

Minimal
02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Because the question isn't asking who shouldn't be on a losing team. It's about which player is in a bad situation, winning or not winning.
You wanna say Westbrook is in a bad situation? He is playing with the 2nd best player in the NBA on a team that was in the finals last year. Is that a bad situation? By your logic Wade and Bosh are also in bad situation.

JNoel
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
The only thing he will tear is his foot.

All players catch the injury bug every now and then. He would easily put up at least 20/10 if he had his own team...

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
You wanna say Westbrook is in a bad situation? He is playing with the 2nd best player in the NBA on a team that was in the finals last year. Is that a bad situation? By your logic Wade and Bosh are also in bad situation.

How are Wade and Bosh in a bad situation? You need to really comprehend the question for what it really means. Being in a bad situation doesn't only mean if they are on a losing team. Wade and Bosh aren't on a bad situation because they don't get any blame, LeBron does.

Westbrook gets blamed for everything that happens. He's in a bad situation because if he had his own team, he would be posting better numbers and people wouldn't be saying he's hogging Durant's shots. I never said he's in a bad team situation, just a bad situation for himself. It's like if you played with the best player on your team and no matter what you do, good or bad game, you get blamed but the other player is always praised. Wouldn't you want your own team to prove you can play in your own perspective?

Minimal
02-09-2013, 11:37 PM
How are Wade and Bosh in a bad situation? You need to really comprehend the question for what it really means. Being in a bad situation doesn't only mean if they are on a losing team. Wade and Bosh aren't on a bad situation because they don't get any blame, LeBron does.

Westbrook gets blamed for everything that happens. He's in a bad situation because if he had his own team, he would be posting better numbers and people wouldn't be saying he's hogging Durant's shots. I never said he's in a bad team situation, just a bad situation for himself. It's like if you played with the best player on your team and no matter what you do, good or bad game, you get blamed but the other player is always praised. Wouldn't you want your own team to prove you can play in your own perspective?
OPs question was:
"Which players don't deserve to be stuck in horrible situations and should be playing for championships/playoff teams or just in better situations."

By what your are saying it would be better for Westbrook to play for an average team, for example Bucks get 30/5/7 on low effiency and stay on the brink of the playoffs each and every year?

Westbrook gets the blame and rightfully so. He is a much less efficient player than Durant, however he shoots much more than him, in other ways thats called ballhogging. There is no way he should shoot more times than Durant, who is much more efficient at shooting the ball. He is a great player, he has his nights, he performed well in the finals, but he needs to remember that he is the second best player on the team and he needs to act so, until he proves he is better than Durant, which will probably not happen.

The only other good situation for Westbrook besides playing on Thunder would be playing on Bulls instead of Rose, he would be the man on the team, and his weakneses would be covered by great defensive play of the team, just the way it works for Rose.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
OPs question was:
"Which players don't deserve to be stuck in horrible situations and should be playing for championships/playoff teams or just in better situations."

By what your are saying it would be better for Westbrook to play for an average team, for example Bucks get 30/5/7 on low effiency and stay on the brink of the playoffs each and every year?

Westbrook gets the blame and rightfully so. He is a much less efficient player than Durant, however he shoots much more than him, in other ways thats called ballhogging. There is no way he should shoot more times than Durant, who is much more efficient at shooting the ball. He is a great player, he has his nights, he performed well in the finals, but he needs to remember that he is the second best player on the team and he needs to act so, until he proves he is better than Durant, which will probably not happen.

The only other good situation for Westbrook besides playing on Thunder would be playing on Bulls instead of Rose, he would be the man on the team, and his weakneses would be covered by great defensive play of the team, just the way it works for Rose.

"Better situations"

I don't know if you can read or not.

Would OKC make it to the Finals without Westbrook? Better yet, name 5 PG's better than Westbrook.

He's more of an asset than liability. I admitted he's a chucker. But when he does play good, he never gets the credit. If he had his own team, no one would be saying he's a chucker. And why does Westbrook need to prove he's better than Durant? That's completely irrelevant because Westbrook is a different type of player than Durant. He's being forced to play a position he's not comfortable with. They want him to pass, he's not a passer. Last year he shot 46% from the field and they still blamed him.. How does that make sense?

jmoney85
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
marshon brooks and mirza teletovic

JNoel
02-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Westbrook's efficiency would be terrible at best on his own team.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Westbrook's efficiency would be terrible at best on his own team.

Based off? He was 45% from the field last year and they still blamed him.

Minimal
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
"Better situations"

I don't know if you can read or not.

I understand Westbrook, being 1 step away from a championship ring is a really horrible situation for him.
I don't know if you can think or not.

Would OKC make it to the Finals without Westbrook? Better yet, name 5 PG's better than Westbrook.

What does this have to do with anything? Did I say Westbrook sucks?

He's more of an asset than liability. I admitted he's a chucker. But when he does play good, he never gets the credit. If he had his own team, no one would be saying he's a chucker. And why does Westbrook need to prove he's better than Durant? That's completely irrelevant because Westbrook is a different type of player than Durant. He's being forced to play a position he's not comfortable with. They want him to pass, he's not a passer. Last year he shot 46% from the field and they still blamed him.. How does that make sense?
You just admitted he is a chucker yourself and your are saying people shouldn't blame him for being a chucker? Do you think before saying something? Yes he is a chucker, let me explain why. He shoots 42% from field, Durant shoots 52%, yet Westbrook shoots more shots than Durant. That is not helping the team in any way, thats ballhogging. If he had his own team he would still be a chucker, if he was innefficient, but noone would care, talk or blame him. He would be a better version of Monta Ellis.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a wall, I don't feel like doing that. I'm out.

JEDean89
02-10-2013, 12:01 AM
basically free every lottery pick in the last few years on the kings, wizards and charlotte. is sucks to see such talented players come into the league with a great work ethic and get drafted by a team that just doesn't know wtf they are doing when it comes to player development. young guys need roll models i don't get why teams would rather have a ****** 2nd round pick as the 15th guy as opposed to a late 40 year old vet who can at least show the young guys good habbits. i like what the warriors have done in getting nene and okafur i think it will be a little long until it starts to work. i am hoping that the kings new ownership in Seattle will come in and clear house, trade Reke and Isiah Thomas to the Clipps for Eric bledsoe and a 2nd round pick, draft a wing in this years draft and get Robinson more playing time. I think a core of like Bledsoe, Muhammed, Salmons, Robinson, Cousins could be pretty rowdy, with plenty of additional cap to fill in. Kings just have all these young players rotting away in a losing culture year after year. I don't think Keith Smart is a great choice for that team, get one of the handful of proven winning coaches (SVG would be a good fit) who won't take ******** from young players and develop a winning culture.

DubbyDubbs
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
free terrence ross

rocket
02-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Put Jose Caledron on a good team and he'll be considered a top 5 pg. Put him on the Celtics or Lakers he'll be considered a MVP type player lol.

hail2skins4life
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
As much as I hate to say it.......Rondo.

The dude is so good and is getting deeper into his prime. I know the Celtics contend every year, but I think at this point, they are just too old to get it done. As much as I hate to say it, I feel like if Rondo doesn't get out, or the Celtics don't restart, some of his best years are being spent helping Garnett and Pierce chase the dragon.

John Wall- Man the Wizards are a sorry franchise. These are key developmental years for John Wall. Get him somewhere with solid veterans that can help him grow as a player and a leader.

Steve Nash has been the obvious choice the last few years. He continues to be this year, but it will all pay off if the Lakers could figure it out and get a title. He just needs to be in a place where he can win a ring.

Rudy Gay- very solid #2 option that was on a potential title contender. Then turned into trade bait and will now probably waste the next few years of his prime playing for a sorry Raptors club.

Kevin Love- Are you kidding Minnesota. Get this man some help. We already watched several years of Garnett's prime turn up nothing for the Wolves cuz they couldn't get him a team. Like before, the Wolves have a top PF (the #1 PF). Don't let this go to waste.

OceanSpray
02-10-2013, 12:10 AM

I understand Westbrook, being 1 step away from a championship ring is a really horrible situation for him.
I don't know if you can think or not.

What does this have to do with anything? Did I say Westbrook sucks?

You just admitted he is a chucker yourself and your are saying people shouldn't blame him for being a chucker? Do you think before saying something? Yes he is a chucker, let me explain why. He shoots 42% from field, Durant shoots 52%, yet Westbrook shoots more shots than Durant. That is not helping the team in any way, thats ballhogging. If he had his own team he would still be a chucker, if he was innefficient, but noone would care, talk or blame him. He would be a better version of Monta Ellis.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a wall, I don't feel like doing that. I'm out.

Another user who doesn't know what he's talking about. I said Westbrook is treated as chucker because people think he should just give the ball to Durant in every possession. If Westbrook played on his own team, people would say "He has to chuck up shots because he had no one to pass it to".

You're not a very smart poster. I would take it you're a younger individual who hasn't hit the mental stage of understanding words.

As I stated before, he's not in a bad position via winning. He's in a bad position as a player because he's not being treated as a player who's capable of leading his team. Anything he does, people praise Durant instead. Anything he doesn't do, they are fast to hate on him. Westbrook winning or not winning isn't my concern. He's obviously in a good situation in terms of winning. But by your standards, why did Harden want to sign with another team instead of OKC? It wasn't just about winning, he wanted to establish himself and prove he could do it.

JNoel
02-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Based off? He was 45% from the field last year and they still blamed him.

Based off the fact that Durants double teams draw all the attention away from Westbrook leading to him making a wide open jumper or layup/dunk. Do you honestly think a turnover prone/bad decision maker in Westbrook would flourish under those conditions?

Also his FG% is down to a measley 42% this year, it would take a real dive elsewhere.

Minimal
02-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Another user who doesn't know what he's talking about. I said Westbrook is treated as chucker because people think he should just give the ball to Durant in every possession. If Westbrook played on his own team, people would say "He has to chuck up shots because he had no one to pass it to".

You're not a very smart poster. I would take it you're a younger individual who hasn't hit the mental stage of understanding words.

As I stated before, he's not in a bad position via winning. He's in a bad position as a player because he's not being treated as a player who's capable of leading his team. Anything he does, people praise Durant instead. Anything he doesn't do, they are fast to hate on him. Westbrook winning or not winning isn't my concern. He's obviously in a good situation in terms of winning. But by your standards, why did Harden want to sign with another team instead of OKC? It wasn't just about winning, he wanted to establish himself and prove he could do it.
Dude, arguing with you is like arguing with a dumb blonde chick. By your previous posts in this forum I can understand that you are a person of a small mind. How old are you? You will have hard time on this forum arguing with other members, until the time you will understand that the problem is in you, not them.

dalton749
02-10-2013, 12:28 AM
westbrook is a bum harden was way better. he needed to be freed from westbrook