PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and the GOAT discussion

AussieLaker
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
What happens if Lebron doesn't win any more championships but keeps putting up insane stats. Where would he rank all time?
Does it take a hit on his legacy that he went to Miami to group up with two other superstars and all three fail to win another ring?
Thoughts?

boateng
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
dont people get bored of this type of talk?

i find it bizarre you ranking lebron's career when he is just getting started. who knows, he may wing 6 rings, or he not win anymore, which i doubt,

just let the guy play and stop the lebron vs jordan or lebron vs kobe threads.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
he will end his career top 5 up there with mj, magic, bird, russell, and kareem

AussieLaker
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Last time I checked I didn't say this was a lebron vs whoever thread. So what you're saying is that we can't discuss topics?

boateng
02-09-2013, 09:04 PM
he will end his career top 5 up there with mj, magic, bird, russell, and kareem

i think he will, but still we will see.

things can change very quickly.

JNoel
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
If he stays healthy, he has a good chance to be a top 5 player for sure.

ThaDubs
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Mike James.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Mike James.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AussieLaker
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
So he will be top 5 statistically but if he fails to win more championships what happens then? Does his legacy take a hit?

ManRam
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
So he will be top 5 statistically but if he fails to win more championships what happens then? Does his legacy take a hit?

Obviously.

I value winning less than most it seems...but for him not to win another ring would be a huge indictment on his game.

I also don't think he needs to match a lot of the consensus guys ahead of him ring-for-ring to top them.

hidalgo
02-10-2013, 12:26 AM
he will end his career top 5 up there with mj, magic, bird, russell, and kareemi think so too

Chitownhero1992
02-10-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't care if he puts up these good stats and gets 3 more ships (which I don't see anyway) he isn't the GOAT, he will be top 5 or 6 at best....MJ, Magic, Bird, Russel, Kareem are all better then him now and as well as arguments for Chamberlin, Olajuwan...I don't even think he's the in the top 2 of small forwards of all time.

LBJ is a hell of a player just not this god that people make him out to be, put him in the competition Jordan played against and he'd be another Barkley type in my honest opinion, an all-star hall of famer but nowhere near a top 10.

LakersMaster24
02-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Lebron is better than Jordan. GOAT.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Lebron is better than Jordan. GOAT.

This

GREATNESS ONE
02-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Lebron is better than Jordan & Magic combined if he played football he would be a sure fire hall of famer

GOAT

Hawkeye15
02-10-2013, 01:00 AM
LeBron doesn't need to match Jordan ring for ring, but he sure as hell needs to win 2 more-ish, and dominate the league for another handful of years, with a nice decline, to make top 10.

Essentially, if he retired today, he is top 12. I can't see him finishing outside the top 8, worst case, and can see him as high as top 2-3 if he wins another couple of chips, and continues to reel in the hardware.

AussieLaker
02-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Would he stay in Miami to win not 1 not 2 not 3 etc. I think he needs to win at least a couple more to claim dominance. I'm not doubting him or how good his stats are, but don't you think he could be better.
Personally I think he has an ugly jump shot and needs to perfect that. Also he needs to be more in the post. Like who could stop him.

TrueFan420
02-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Lebron is better than Jordan & Magic combined if he played football he would be a sure fire hall of famer

GOAT
Lebron would have been ten times the baseball player that Jordan ever was

GREATNESS ONE
02-10-2013, 01:24 AM
:laugh2: that **** made me laugh out loud bro llullz

Hawkeye15
02-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Would he stay in Miami to win not 1 not 2 not 3 etc. I think he needs to win at least a couple more to claim dominance. I'm not doubting him or how good his stats are, but don't you think he could be better.
Personally I think he has an ugly jump shot and needs to perfect that. Also he needs to be more in the post. Like who could stop him.

His jumpshot has been fine the last 3 years, and is money this season...

mvb815
02-10-2013, 01:37 AM
this man is still improving, at the pace he is going he will, at the very least, be a top 2 player the nba has ever seen

enjoy the ride guys, when he's retired kids will be wishing they could have seen lebron play in his prime

b@llhog24
02-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Nah, it puts a cap on his ceiling.

naps
02-10-2013, 02:12 AM

When was the last time you watched LeBron play? LeBron is super elite on both of those categories you mentioned. Stop trolling.

tdg823
02-10-2013, 02:19 AM
Can't a breathe about lebron that doesn't praise him not be trolling or hating? That's such a shallow, immature cop-out. To even think someone is "hating" involves a mild disorder... like sociaopathic narcissiscm....Worst word introduced to the lexicon in the last 10 years...

tdg823
02-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Super elite in the post.....*sigh*.....

AussieLaker
02-10-2013, 02:46 AM
When was the last time you watched LeBron play? LeBron is super elite on both of those categories you mentioned. Stop trolling.

Last time I watched him play was against the clips. Does that count.

I feel compared to others his jumpshot is ugly or can't I express my opinion.
I feel that his post game could be better. Honestly you see him at the top of the key directing traffic. Put him in the post and who would stop him. His fg% would be even better.

naps
02-10-2013, 02:57 AM
I feel compared to others his jumpshot is ugly or can't I express my opinion.

I am assuming your "ugly" doesn't mean "not good"? Because LeBron has one of the best midrange game.

I feel that his post game could be better. Honestly you see him at the top of the key directing traffic. Put him in the post and who would stop him. His fg% would be even better.

I agree with that. But you also have to understand he plays plenty of point guard so he can't be in the post all time even though he would score more efficiently and would be more unstoppable from scoring standpoint. His team needs him handle the ball a lot.

LakersSaintsLSU
02-10-2013, 02:58 AM
If that top five includes lbj but not kobe...then i need some of what your smoking

3ballbomber
02-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Lebron is a goat :)

AussieLaker
02-10-2013, 03:21 AM
So does his legacy take a hit cause of Cleveland too. Him leading his team to great regular season records and not being able to win it all.

What about him making the decision to join 2 other superstars in their prime? Who gets the credit? Lebron bosh and wade or just lebron.

DITKA4GOV
02-10-2013, 03:11 PM
LeBron doesn't need to match Jordan ring for ring, but he sure as hell needs to win 2 more-ish, and dominate the league for another handful of years, with a nice decline, to make top 10.

Essentially, if he retired today, he is top 12. I can't see him finishing outside the top 8, worst case, and can see him as high as top 2-3 if he wins another couple of chips, and continues to reel in the hardware.

Yes, LBJ needs more rings to even sniff top 5. Look at the the list of guys considered in top 5. They were elite, upped their game in post season, and won rings. None of them guaranteed "not 1, not 2, not 3 championship like LBJ. They just went out and won. When LBJ joined forces with 2 All Stars to try to win a ring, that def. changed how we should view his successes. Top 10 no matter what, but to be mentioned with Top 5 needs at least 5 rings like Kobe.

What he does in the reg. season is great, and stats are cool. Players are judged on playing their best when it truly matters.

Big Zo
02-10-2013, 03:55 PM
but to be mentioned with Top 5 needs at least 5 rings like Kobe.

... Who wasn't the best player on his team for 3 of those rings, but that doesn't matter, right?

Hawkeye15
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Yes, LBJ needs more rings to even sniff top 5. Look at the the list of guys considered in top 5. They were elite, upped their game in post season, and won rings. None of them guaranteed "not 1, not 2, not 3 championship like LBJ. They just went out and won. When LBJ joined forces with 2 All Stars to try to win a ring, that def. changed how we should view his successes. Top 10 no matter what, but to be mentioned with Top 5 needs at least 5 rings like Kobe.

What he does in the reg. season is great, and stats are cool. Players are judged on playing their best when it truly matters.

versus being gifted that when drafted? I don't buy it. To win multiple championships, you need superior roster help. What is the difference between getting it in free agency, or simply being lucky enough to be drafted into it? Simply nothing. So sick of that weak *** ploy people use against Lebron.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
If that top five includes lbj but not kobe...then i need some of what your smoking

barring LeBron being hit by a car, I don't see how you don't think he doesn't pass Kobe, unless his team just ***** the bed on him the remainder of his career. At no point was Kobe as good as LeBron has been the past 4 years.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-10-2013, 04:10 PM
versus being gifted that when drafted? I don't buy it. To win multiple championships, you need superior roster help. What is the difference between getting it in free agency, or simply being lucky enough to be drafted into it? Simply nothing. So sick of that weak *** ploy people use against Lebron.

You may not want to believe it, But it's true.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2013, 04:45 PM

what is? That getting your championship help via free agency, versus being gifted it by the team that drafted you should be looked at any differently?

Not buying it. Never will, and you guys can attempt to explain it any way you see fit.

sunnydayin'zona
02-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Some people have said it before, but if Lebron ends up matching Jordan's career ring count, IMO Lebron will become the greatest of all time.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but that's the opinion that I hold.

Sixerlover
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM

No it isn't. When it's all said and done there's no difference between Kobe being drafted by a team who already had 3 other all stars and LeBron leaving a team that showed they cannot help him for a better situation.

No one praises Reggie Miller and John Stockton for being loyal to 1 team and not winning a ring, and no ones cares that Kareem won a ring in Milwaukee then whined like a baby to be traded The end result is all people remember.

Sixerlover
02-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Some people have said it before, but if Lebron ends up matching Jordan's career ring count, IMO Lebron will become the greatest of all time.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but that's the opinion that I hold.
This is fact. I don't think he will get to 6 rings, but if he did he would definitely be the best. I think a dominant 4 puts him the top 3 with Michael and Magic personally

AI4MVP
02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I think he will win atleast 4 more and that will be enough. He will go down as the greatest to ever play the game of basketball.

Sactown
02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
I think he will win atleast 4 more and that will be enough. He will go down as the greatest to ever play the game of basketball.

He'd have to do it in dominate fashion for him to get it

mngopher35
02-10-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't think he will surpass Jordan but I would guess he will end his career as a 2-5 player ever. I don't discredit him at all for Cleveland, name some other championship teams with that bad of a supporting cast. The finals vs dallas is the biggest blemish on his resume.