PDA

View Full Version : Suns pursuing Shumpert

Pages : [1] 2

jon32
02-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: Phoenix Suns pursuing a deal for New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--suns-pursuing-trade-for-knicks-guard-iman-shumpert-003613494.html#more-id

JNoel
02-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Lol good luck. I don't even see anything Pheonix has that would interest the Knicks anyways...

Utd7
02-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Cool but they're not getting him.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Knicks need to be looking for a 2nd option.

AI
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Doubt NY trades Shump and if they do, it would be for more than Jared Dudley.

JPHX
Our FO likes to float these half assed rumors just to make it seem like their doing things.

knicks=love
knicks want dudley. that's what's starting all of this, but i don't think they're willing to part with shumpert.

AI

Amare says hi. Look up his stats.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Doubt NY trades Shump and if they do, it would be for more than Jared Dudley.

dudley is worth more to a team trying to win now than shump

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Please No. Dont give up a future 1st and Dudley for a role Player. **** ME

AI
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
You don't trade your assets for just any role player because you're trying to win now. Shumpert's ceiling is pretty high, he's only played in 11 games after missing 9 months with an ACL injury. If it's for Dudley, I keep him. Hell we could of had Nash but we refused to deal Iman for him.

Stunner
Right now Dudley is the better player .

97NYer
Wouldn't trade Iman for any player on that team. We want Dudley, but I was thinking something more like Novak and Copeland and a second rounder. Don't want to give up our first this year.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
You don't trade your assets for just any role player because you're trying to win now. Shumpert's ceiling is pretty high, he's only played in 11 games after missing 9 months with an ACL injury. If it's for Dudley, I keep him. Hell we could of had Nash but we refused to deal Iman for him.

When your window is as small as the knicks window is you do.

If NY wants any chance of beating miami in a 7 game series, they will need all the help they can get. Not to mention woodson doesn't even use shump properly. He should be putting shump on primary ball handler.

Stunner
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Maybe they might budge because of the injury but who knows . Shump hasn't shown much offensive improvement . Looks like the same player from last year . But is ceiling is high

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't trade Iman for any player on that team. We want Dudley, but I was thinking something more like Novak and Copeland and a second rounder. Don't want to give up our first this year.

Suns dont want novaks contract. he is one dimmensional and does nothing else but shoot 3's.

TheNumber37
02-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Pass.
Are they giving us Gortat, Dudley and pick?
Then no.
Shumpert will be a great player in a couple years and will come up big for us defensively.

Stunner
02-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Dudley is underrated a bit , can shoot the 3 defend rebound and pass . Very efficient player , worth more than Novak and Copeland

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Pass.
Then no.
Shumpert will be a great player in a couple years and will come up big for us defensively.

Are you on crack?

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Pass.
Then no.

wow. talk about overrating your own players.

Let me guess, you think amare should be traded for blake and felton can get you guys cp3...lol

king4day
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM

My understanding was that if Nash gave the go ahead, then he woulda been a Knick and Shump a Sun. Had nothing to do with NY declining the deal.

king4day
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM

Suns are trying to rebuild. Novak is worthless beyond shooting 3's and Copeland's not a future cog to a contending team.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Dudley is underrated a bit , can shoot the 3 defend rebound and pass . Very efficient player , worth more than Novak and Copeland

If you are a team trying to win now, dudley over shumpert easily.

king4day
02-09-2013, 09:14 PM
wow. talk about overrating your own players.

Let me guess, you think amare should be traded for blake and felton can get you guys cp3...lol

Agreed. I'm not saying Shumpert doesn't have a brighter future but beyond Dudley and either LA or Memphis' pick, they're asking for too much.

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:15 PM
wait do knick fans think Shumpert is better than Dudley?

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM

Pass.
Then no.

:laugh:

Kenny
02-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Agreed. I'm not saying Shumpert doesn't have a brighter future but beyond Dudley and either LA or Memphis' pick, they're asking for too much.

But the Knicks aren't asking for anything. It's the Suns who are pushing the deal and are the more desperate team right now.

knicks=love
02-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Right now Dudley is the better player .

obviously but look at how old we are. do you honestly think we want to give up our only player for the future with potential?

knicks=love
02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
EVERYONE READ THIS:

98% of the knicks fans on this site think copeland is the next coming of carmelo, so just beware of the ridiculous offers you'll hear in this thread.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:23 PM
obviously but look at how old we are. do you honestly think we want to give up our only player for the future with potential?

Worry about the future later

knicks=love
02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Worry about the future later

i'd rather have something to fall back on to when amar'e, tyson and carmelo are all of the books instead of scrambling

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Bad move for NYK. Shumpert is valuable for his defense. Against Miami, LAL, or any two guard, Shumpert will defend Wade and Kobe.

mdm692
02-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm not trying to overrate Dudley but boy how quickly did Knicks fans forget that Dudley dropped a career high 36pts on them. We lost the game but Dudley can flat out ball and he can do it all. The ignorance of the 98% of Knicks fans, as mentioned above, is hilarious. Some even called Dudley 1 dimensional and a liability of defense :laugh:. That shows how little knowledge some of the fans have. Dudley, 1st for Shump, Novak and a future 1st sounds fair to both teams.

Jetsguy
02-09-2013, 09:28 PM

Shumpert is a 2nd year player coming off an ACL injury, and plays a different role. Do you really think dudley is a bigger asset or "worth" more in this league than Shumpert?

mdm692
02-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Bad move for NYK. Shumpert is valuable for his defense. Against Miami, LAL, or any two guard, Shumpert will defend Wade and Kobe.

:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7AriXMOjsk

StarvingKnick22
02-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Nope. Shumpert stays.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm not trying to overrate Dudley but boy how quickly did Knicks fans forget that Dudley dropped a career high 36pts on them. We lost the game but Dudley can flat out ball and he can do it all. The ignorance of the 98% of Knicks fans, as mentioned above, is hilarious. Some even called Dudley 1 dimensional and a liability of defense :laugh:. That shows how little knowledge some of the fans have. Dudley, 1st for Shump, Novak and a future 1st sounds fair to both teams.

So he has one good game and he's all of a sudden a huge value player? Shumpert can defend Wade and Kobe. He made Wade struggle during that first game.

mdm692
02-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Shumpert is a 2nd year player coming off an ACL injury, and plays a different role. Do you really think dudley is a bigger asset or "worth" more in this league than Shumpert?

To a championship contender? Yes. To a rebuilding team? No.

StarvingKnick22
02-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Maybe someone. Oh and we don't want the Suns' pick. We want that fresh, breathtaking Lakers pick.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:32 PM

To a team trying to win now, yes, dudley is "worth" more

OceanSpray
:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7AriXMOjsk

I don't want to discuss anything with you anymore. You pick one play and then use it as your evidence to why a player is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mP7appsJAo8

Kwame Brown is the best because he scored 23 points and 13 rebounds in one game.

mdm692
So he has one good game and he's all of a sudden a huge value player? Shumpert can defend Wade and Kobe. He made Wade struggle during that first game.

You mean the Wade was being dragged by LBJ throughout the entire playoffs?? And Dudley has had his decent share of time guarding elite wings he just doesn't have to do it alot because we had Grant Hill and now we have PJ Tucker.

knicks=love
02-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Yahoo reports Suns interested in Iman Shumpert but Knicks aren't selling. Sounds about right. Jared Dudley & a No 1 for Iman...I don't know

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:35 PM

To a contender he is. Plays good defense, High BB IQ, efficient offensive player and one of the best 3pt shooters in the league.

Shumpert as you said is coming of an ACL, plays good defense but is an inefficient offensive player.

A rebuilding team would prefer Shumpert as he is younger, a contender would prefer Dudley because is a better player.

mdm692
02-09-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't want to discuss anything with you anymore. You pick one play and then use it as your evidence to why a player is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mP7appsJAo8

Kwame Brown is the best because he scored 23 points and 13 rebounds in one game.

Dudley actually has a lot of plays not just one game lol. Plus there is nothing to discuss if you're going to bring irrelevant players into the conversation. Regardless of what you say the stats back him up too.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dudleja01.html

Career 47% fg shooting and 40% from 3 and a versatile defender. He is a hand in glove fit for the Knicks.

mdm692
02-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Maybe someone. Oh and we don't want the Suns' pick. We want that fresh, breathtaking Lakers pick.
We have plenty of those and we're not greedy :p.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 09:42 PM
if miami sees NY in the playoffs, i hope shump sees a lot of floor time. Wade will abuse him and he is bad on offense.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Dudley actually has a lot of plays not just one game lol. Plus there is nothing to discuss if you're going to bring irrelevant players into the conversation. Regardless of what you say the stats back him up too.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dudleja01.html

Career 47% fg shooting and 40% from 3 and a versatile defender. He is a hand in glove fit for the Knicks.

How did I bring irrelevant players? You're showing one video of Dudley getting a steal.. I can find Brian Scalabrine getting a steal and claim he's the best defender.

The stats back him up because Shumpert torn his ACL and it's only his second season. He's one of the best defending guards and NYK could use him in the playoffs against Wade, Kobe, Pierce, Joe Johnson, or Paul George.

I'm not saying Jared Dudley is a bad player, I'm just saying Shumpert is more of an asset because he can provide defense. Don't compare Dudley to Shumpert's defense.. It's not even close.

Carmelo can score. J.R Smith can score. Novak can drop threes. Amare is getting better and better every game. Felton is still recovering, not 100%. They don't need someone to put points up. You guys are overlooking Shumpert's presence on the court.

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:44 PM
How did I bring irrelevant players? You're showing one video of Dudley getting a steal.. I can find Brian Scalabrine getting a steal and claim he's the best defender.

The stats back him up because Shumpert torn his ACL and it's only his second season. He's one of the best defending guards and NYK could use him in the playoffs against Wade, Kobe, Pierce, Joe Johnson, or Paul George.

I'm not saying Jared Dudley is a bad player, I'm just saying Shumpert is more of an asset because he can provide defense. Don't compare Dudley to Shumpert's defense.. It's not even close.

Carmelo can score. J.R Smith can score. Novak can drop threes. Amare is getting better and better every game. Felton is still recovering, not 100%. They don't need someone to put points up. You guys are overlooking Shumpert's presence on the court.

Dont compare them as players then, Dudley is better than Shumpert.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Knicks should keep Shump, even if it is for Dudley and a first (which IMO is a good deal). He's too valuable defensively, especially come playoff time.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Lets go Heat :)

shep33
02-09-2013, 09:46 PM
This is a tough choice for the Knicks imo. Shump has so much upside and he's a fan favorite. That being said, he had a serious knee injury which may cause him to never be the same.

Dudley can play. Good defender, knock down shooter, and really just an intelligent player.

This is tough. People don't understand how good Dudley is. Such an efficient offensive player. Over 40% from 3 in his career and over the past 3 years he's shooting around 48% from the field.

miamid4life
02-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Put everything but defense aside and just focus on defense. Then compare them and if you still think shump is better, well you have lost your mind. From 1-3 years Dudley is the better options beyond that shump is the better option.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:47 PM

Don't post again. A better player doesn't necessarily mean he's a better fit. In no way did I say Shumpert was better than Dudley overall. I'm saying the NYK as a team will benefit off Shumpert's presence more-so than Dudley's.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:48 PM

Don't post again. A better player doesn't necessarily mean he's a better fit. In no way did I say Shumpert was better than Dudley overall. I'm saying the NYK as a team will benefit off Shumpert's presence more-so than Dudley's.

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 09:54 PM
this kids the new Fields, was so hyped up now is coming back to reality how he truely is. Look at Shumperts play this season. Horrible

talk to me when this kid shoots over 40% like an NBA player should.

shep33
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
I like Shump, but thinking this over, I think I'd definitely take Dudley. He's the better player, plus he doesn't have any injury concerns.

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
this kids the new Fields, was so hyped up now is coming back to reality how he truely is. Look at Shumperts play this season. Horrible

Yep he is a horrible offensive player, very inefficient.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Kobe shot 41% his first year. By your logic, Kobe sucks because he was inefficient his first year. Makes a lot of sense to me.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Put everything but defense aside and just focus on defense. Then compare them and if you still think shump is better, well you have lost your mind. From 1-3 years Dudley is the better options beyond that shump is the better option.

Isn't that where the pick comes into play? Considering our window is 1-3 years, Shump is not going to be the same Shump until next year, Dudley makes us better now, pick gives us potential to be way better down the line. We get better now and the future. This is a no brainer in my book, and Shump might be my favorite player in the league.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Isn't that where the pick comes into play? Considering our window is 1-3 years, Shump is not going to be the same Shump until next year, Dudley makes us better now, pick gives us potential to be way better down the line. We get better now and the future. This is a no brainer in my book, and Shump might be my favorite player in the league.

Someone gets it.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:03 PM
LMFAO, Domefavors must have edited his post after looking up Deron's shooting % since hes been on the Nets.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 10:04 PM

like all of those Nets :laugh:

justinnum1
This move would ensure the knicks make it out the first round this year imo.

OceanSpray
What is this potential you guys are talking about? Dudley is not going to average those stats playing for NYK. He's playing in Phoenix where he is one of their best players. When he comes to NYK, he isn't even fifth in line to have the ball. You guys assume way too many things.

IAmARanger18
02-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Knick fans on Twitter are talking up Shumpert like he is MJ, saying they would only move him for LBJ and even then it would be tough to do, I have now seen it all.

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Kobe shot 41% his first year. By your logic, Kobe sucks because he was inefficient his first year. Makes a lot of sense to me.

:confused:

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:07 PM
This move would ensure the knicks make it out the first round this year imo.

Yeah, they probably will considering they will be playing against the 7th or 8th seed.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:07 PM
What is this potential you guys are talking about? Dudley is not going to average those stats playing for NYK. He's playing in Phoenix where he is one of their best players. When he comes to NYK, he isn't even fifth in line to have the ball. You guys assume way too many things.

You really have no clue what your talking about. Dudley is a great role player. Someone who can spread the floor, and play defense. Opposing teams have to account for dudley unlike shump. Melo would see less double teams with dudley.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah, they probably will considering they will be playing against the 7th or 8th seed.

knicks-celtics would be close and probably go 7 games.

VillaMaravilla
02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Im on board with this aslong as we get a first then ill ship shump out gift wrapped to the Suns. Im not sold on Shump at all, I really dont see what my fellow Knick fans see in him to think hes an untouchable when it comes to trades.....dont forget fellas we have the core for2 more years after this season and Melo can opt out after next year, get that pick!

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
You really have no clue what your talking about. Dudley is a great role player. Someone who can spread the floor, and play defense. Opposing teams have to account for dudley unlike shump. Melo would see less double teams with dudley.

You're missing the point. Dudley is not going to play 30 minutes a game in NYK. He's not averaging those stats because he's not getting the ball as much. What don't you understand? It's not hard to comprehend. You play for a good team, your stats are most likely to drop. You play for a bad team, you will have more chances to make plays and therefore your numbers will go up. Carmelo isn't giving him the ball.. Don't be stupid.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Im on board with this aslong as we get a first then ill ship shump out gift wrapped to the Suns. Im not sold on Shump at all, I really dont see what my fellow Knick fans see in him to think hes an untouchable when it comes to trades.....dont forget fellas we have the core for2 more years after this season and Melo can opt out after next year, get that pick!

Suns are rebuilding. They are not giving you a top 10 pick for a player coming off ACL surgery that was picked 17th. Maybe you get a lotter protected pick or a few 2nds.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:11 PM
knicks-celtics would be close and probably go 7 games.

There is no way Boston is going to end up in the 7th seed. I don't even think NYK will keep the 2nd seed. It'll probably be NYK vs ATL or NYK vs BKN.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:14 PM
You're missing the point. Dudley is not going to play 30 minutes a game in NYK. He's not averaging those stats because he's not getting the ball as much. What don't you understand? It's not hard to comprehend. You play for a good team, your stats are most likely to drop. You play for a bad team, you will have more chances to make plays and therefore your numbers will go up. Carmelo isn't giving him the ball.. Don't be stupid.

Carmelo is going to need to pass the ball if the knicks want to make it out the first round. Just because he wont score as much doesnt mean anything. He is still a legit threat from the 3. When you understand the dynamics of spacing and efficiency get back to me. And it's funny you call me stupid considering how many dumb posts you have made since joining psd. Everyone of your posts is either lebron fanboy posts or just nonsense.

btw, what dupe are you?

miamid4life
02-09-2013, 10:15 PM
D lethal and Justin thank you I'm a Phoenix fan and love how healthy and consistent Dudley has been for us but for the future shump is better for us. And for Phoenix Dudley is what they need now. This is a good trade for both us. People need to fall out of their man crush and think about what's going to get them closer to what's important. A ring

shep33
02-09-2013, 10:16 PM

He also plays in the superior conference, and against superior talent.

gotoHcarolina52
02-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Dudley would be a great fit on the Knicks. He's solid defensively and spreads the floor quite well (he's shooting a hair under 50% from 16ft+ and 40% from 3). And if the Suns throw in a pick and/or take on a bad contract (say, Novak), this should be a pretty easy deal for NY to make.

Stunner
02-09-2013, 10:25 PM

Don't worry yo that's the same guy telling me that Eric Gordon would be a terrible fit on the bulls because he had a knee injury and shoots 40% but for his career 44% FG shooter , 36% 3pt shooter , 3.3 assist and 1.1 steals ; but yet he defending a player who has even a worse offensive production and is coming off ACL surgery . Dudley and the Lakers pick for Shump is more than a fair deal .

miamid4life
02-09-2013, 10:27 PM
I think a deal that's better would be with the first round we got from the timberwolves. That's a fair deal with the lakers pick we'd be giving too much for what were getting

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:29 PM

Hes going to get wide open shots all day and night on this team. You should listen to the guys who watch this team play on a nightly basis. Brewer/White/Shump, even Fields last year, all get WIDE OPEN looks from the corner in our offense. All game, every game, its always there. Thats what the starting 3, with Melo at the 4, gets in this offense. Its extremely important that that guy hits that corner 3 in this system. Dudley would be deadly in that role. He won't get a ton of looks but the looks he will get will be wide open and crucial for this team. If that guy is NOT getting wide open looks, that means Melo is getting 1 on 1 coverage with great spacing.

Part of the reason we were so good early in the year was because Ronnie Brewer was hitting that shot at a tremendous clip. The guy in that role hitting that shot makes us 100x more dangerous and life so much easier for Carmelo. Dudley is exactly the guy we need in this lineup to start with Felton, Kidd, Melo and Tyson.

Carmelo is going to need to pass the ball if the knicks want to make it out the first round. Just because he wont score as much doesnt mean anything. He is still a legit threat from the 3. When you understand the dynamics of spacing and efficiency get back to me. And it's funny you call me stupid considering how many dumb posts you have made since joining psd. Everyone of your posts is either lebron fanboy posts or just nonsense.

btw, what dupe are you?

Melo is more than willing to pass, Dudley would shine in his role here. JR is playing 35 mins on this team, Shump isn't going to be a difference maker for us this year, and JR seems to be here for the long haul. Dudley would be a difference maker for us and make us way more dangerous with the starting unit.

VillaMaravilla
02-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Suns are rebuilding. They are not giving you a top 10 pick for a player coming off ACL surgery that was picked 17th. Maybe you get a lotter protected pick or a few 2nds.

Then no trade especially in this weak *** draft, rather keep the kid and hope he becomes what most Knick fans think he will then trade h for a guy that has 3 years left on his deal and a couple seconds, sorry brah but Isiah dont run this team no more.....our GM will get his or tge Suns better look somewhere else

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
If I am the Knicks I do this trade in a second. Unless you want Fields 2.0

Mataro41
02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
More 3 point shooters for the Knicks

Stunner
Knicks getting Dudley would better there chances in beating the Heat . This is there beat chance to win in this 3 year period before everyone ages .

D-Leethal
Suns approached us and they rebuffed, they are going to have to up the ante if they want Shump. We have the leverage here. They have picks galore, I think we can get an unprotected first rounder out of them, it just might not be their pick or it might not be this years lotto pick.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Suns approached us and they rebuffed, they are going to have to up the ante if they want Shump. We have the leverage here. They have picks galore, I think we can get an unprotected first rounder out of them, it just might not be their pick or it might not be this years lotto pick.

I doubt they give up an unprotected first for a player coming off acl injury.

This trade helps the knicks right now. If the knicks are trying to win a championship sooner than later i cant think of why they would pass on this deal.

D-Leethal
Knicks getting Dudley would better there chances in beating the Heat . This is there beat chance to win in this 3 year period before everyone ages .

Agreed, and right now it seems clear Shump is not going to be a huge difference maker for us this season. After a hot start hes coming along pretty slowly like Rubio. JR are Kidd are getting the minutes at SG. Shump played 10 mins last night. Dudley is a difference maker and can get more minutes NOW and we get opportunity to add another young piece for the future ala Shump with the pick.

VillaMaravilla

This.....they've had a hard on for Shump sinnce the draft, Gruny will get what he wants for Shump book it

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Shumpert isn't even supposed to be playing right now... Derrick Rose had the same injury and he's not due until next month.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
I doubt they give up an unprotected first for a player coming off acl injury.

Kyrie got picked #1 overall off of ACL surgery. I don't think ACL surgery is a huge turn off anymore. Maybe 10-15 years ago but now in 2013. If they want Shump and they want to dump Dudleys long term contract they are gonna have to throw one of their slew of first rounders or I'm certain Knicks don't do that deal. That will probably be the deal breaker - up to Suns to decide if its worth it. Its way easier to give up a first rounder when you have three first rounders in a draft.

THE MTL
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
If you are a team trying to win now, dudley over shumpert easily.

NO. Just NO! Shumpert already is better than that clown, D-wade knows that first hand.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
NO. Just NO! Shumpert already is better than that clown, D-wade knows that first hand.

:facepalm:

Only people who think shump is better than dudley are knicks homers.

Shump isn't stopping wade from going off and getting 20 on 50% shooting.

Stunner
02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Agreed, and right now it seems clear Shump is not going to be a huge difference maker for us this season. After a hot start hes coming along pretty slowly like Rubio. JR are Kidd are getting the minutes at SG. Shump played 10 mins last night. Dudley is a difference maker and can get more minutes NOW and we get opportunity to add another young piece for the future ala Shump with the pick.
Exactly Shump won't get the mins he needs to work himself and to improve , this trade benefits both parties . I hope the Knicks wise up and ask for 2 1st and Dudley . Suns wouldn't have any problem doing that .

Stunner
02-09-2013, 10:40 PM

Let me know when he can shoot

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Kyrie got picked #1 overall off of ACL surgery. I don't think ACL surgery is a huge turn off anymore. Maybe 10-15 years ago but now in 2013. If they want Shump and they want to dump Dudleys long term contract they are gonna have to throw one of their slew of first rounders or I'm certain Knicks don't do that deal. That will probably be the deal breaker - up to Suns to decide if its worth it. Its way easier to give up a first rounder when you have three first rounders in a draft.
I hope the knicks dont do this deal. This deal makes the knicks more dangerous for sure, and it's a no brainer if the knicks are trying to win a championship now.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Knicks fans always do this with homegrown talent that was drafted. Nobody wanted to trade Nate, everyone cried over Gallo/Wilson, a lot of us including myself were pretty upset Lin left. Once the deal is done it ain't that hard to get over it. Dudley is a very high IQ 2 way player who fits like a glove for us. I don't sacrifice Shumps potential for Dudley's 'fit' unless the pick is thrown in though and IMO it can't be lottery protected, but it can be a couple years down the line.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Okay, you guys are right. Dudley is better than Shumpert. Now let's do the trade and see how well it goes.

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Jr Smith is leaving anyway next year so its not like they cant use another shooter

latinofire21
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM

If NY wants any chance of beating miami in a 7 game series, they will need all the help they can get. Not to mention woodson doesn't even use shump properly. He should be putting shump on primary ball handler.

Pretty sure the knicks have destroyed the heat in both meetings this season. Im all for improving the roster but by no means do we need a roster shakeup to compete with miami. We are already there.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Jr Smith is leaving anyway next year so its not like they cant use another shooter

lol, no hes not. We can offer him a nice deal, he didn't even shop himself last year and took 2.6M. He did that so we could retain his bird rights and resign him. He is here for the long haul. A bad team with cap space isn't using 40-50M on JR to blow our offer away. We can offer 30 or 35 IIRC.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Pretty sure the knicks have destroyed the heat in both meetings this season. Im all for improving the roster but by no means do we need a roster shakeup to compete with miami. We are already there.

Only a fool would think those 2 wins means they are a better a team than miami. Miami would be heavy favorites to win that series and most likely in 6 games or less. Enjoy those 2 regular season wins while you can.

JPHX
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I don't want the fresh prince.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:50 PM

We have as good a shot as anyone to take them out but come on, to say we need all the help we can get is a pretty fair statement. This year looks like its going to be our best shot at winning it all so trading a 10-15 min guy who won't be fully ready til next year for a guy who will get 20 mins and be a difference maker, while adding a first rounder to add a jolt of youth to the long term outlook is a no brainer.

OceanSpray

What does that even prove? Bulls swept Miami 3/0 in the regular season two years ago. When the playoffs came, well.. We all know what happened.

DoMeFavors
lol, no hes not. We can offer him a nice deal, he didn't even shop himself last year and took 2.6M. He did that so we could retain his bird rights and resign him. He is here for the long haul. A bad team with cap space isn't using 40-50M on JR to blow our offer away. We can offer 30 or 35 IIRC.

guy is all about the money, if you didnt know that then you are crazy. last year he had a bad year he wasnt going to waste going somewhere else for longer time. He didnt even get much interest. He opted out of the deal for a reason. He is going where the money is. when he leaves you high and dry like Jr Smith does then dont be suprised.

justinnum1
I don't want the fresh prince.

I don't blame you, dudley is the better player, no doubt about that. But shump might be better in like 3 or 4 years.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Hey latino, when the knicks show they can turn it on like the heat can, let me know. playoffs are a different game, take it from someone whose team has gone far...

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Lol good luck. I don't even see anything Pheonix has that would interest the Knicks anyways...

Beasley or Gortat would interest us. This is a now move if we make it. It means we're going after Miami and we saw we could beat them w/o Shump but now are ready to beat them and leave no question marks.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey latino, when the knicks show they can turn it on like the heat can, let me know. playoffs are a different game, take it from someone whose team has gone far...

Yeah, take it from the Miami Dolphins fan. They gone very far.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
guy is all about the money, if you didnt know that then you are crazy. last year he had a bad year he wasnt going to waste going somewhere else for longer time. He didnt even get much interest. He opted out of the deal for a reason. He is going where the money is. when he leaves you high and dry like Jr Smith does then dont be suprised.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that JR will be here for the long haul. Its not even worth speculating. Melo is the godfather of his daughter, Woody is like a freakin' father figure to him, his brother will be on the team next season and hes born and raised North Jersey. He eats up the NYC lifestyle.

Even if he was all about the money, do you see a bad team with cap spending it all or a huge chunk of it on JR Smith? We can offer 35, nobody is giving him much more than that.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Beasley or Gortat would interest us. This is a now move if we make it. It means we're going after Miami and we saw we could beat them w/o Shump but now are ready to beat them and leave no question marks.

I see no role for Beasley on this team. We don't need any more iso scorers or ball dominating guys. We need players who thrive playing OFF those type of guys - like Dudley.

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
I love Shump but this is what I was talking about. This is Melo's and Tyson's run. Shump is a fan fav, he defends, but we beat Miami w/o him already. We kicked their ***-es so how important is Shump. His strength is not 100%, he's occasionally hitting the corner 3pt. PHX is offering a 1st rd. pick? I'd think long and hard.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:00 PM
I love Shump but this is what I was talking about. This is Melo's and Tyson's run. Shump is a fan fav, he defends, but we beat Miami w/o him already. We kicked their ***-es so how important is Shump. His strength is not 100%, he's occasionally hitting the corner 3pt. PHX is offering a 1st rd. pick? I'd think long and hard.
lol. you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening if NY makes it to the ECF.

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 11:01 PM
I see no role for Beasley on this team. We don't need any more iso scorers or ball dominating guys. We need players who thrive playing OFF those type of guys - like Dudley.

Or him. Dudley, Gortat or Beasley can help us create mismatches come playoff. Beasley isn't an iso player, you've watched him? he's more than just that. Dudley is a high IQ player. But yeh we have to think about this one.

oak2455

says the guy with the Favors name, Melo was gonna be a Net and Howard is a Net.... :laugh2: your guessing = FAILURE

latinofire21
Please give me a break. No amare shump in first game. Reult blowout. No carmelo amare shumpert game 2 still a nlowout. Im not worried about the heat. Teams with size give them trouble. Same reason indiana gives them fits. I am against trading shympert because I think he c an be a very hufe player fkr us down the line. The suns seem to feel the same way with the rumpred package being offered.

Camby and wallace just need to get hwalthy. We could also cut. Someone and sign kenyom martin or bring sims up from the d league. We have a lot of options so not includinf shumpert is definitely the route I would be taking.

JPHX
02-09-2013, 11:02 PM

OMG take Beasley....He's very good, we're just a conservative mormon community here in AZ and we don't like his history of Marijuana use. But he's very good at playing the basketball, trust me.

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 11:04 PM
lol. you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening if NY makes it to the ECF.

Us w/o a PG was easy for your team, this year we've danced salsa on your court. Melo neutralizes LeBron no matter how you look at it Bron' can't be everywhere. The artist formally known as DWade isn't who he was against us anymore. Frankly Joe Johnson more scarier than him this season against us.

JNoel
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Please give me a break. No amare shump in first game. Reult blowout. No carmelo amare shumpert game 2 still a nlowout. Im not worried about the heat. Teams with size give them trouble. Same reason indiana gives them fits. I am against trading shympert because I think he c an be a very hufe player fkr us down the line. The suns seem to feel the same way with the rumpred package being offered.

Camby and wallace just need to get hwalthy. We could also cut. Someone and sign kenyom martin or bring sims up from the d league. We have a lot of options so not includinf shumpert is definitely the route I would be taking.

:yawn: heard it before. I'm worried about facing OKC in the finals. Or bulls in the ECF. Knicks just don't worry me in the least.

2 teams have legit chances to make the finals in the east, miami and chicago.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2013, 11:06 PM

What do you mean?

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about. Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that JR will be here for the long haul. Its not even worth speculating. Melo is the godfather of his daughter, Woody is like a freakin' father figure to him, his brother will be on the team next season and hes born and raised North Jersey. He eats up the NYC lifestyle.

Even if he was all about the money, do you see a bad team with cap spending it all or a huge chunk of it on JR Smith? We can offer 35, nobody is giving him much more than that.

Godfather Melo had no problem leaving him in the first place back in 2011

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
What do you mean?

I don't think he knows :laugh2:

JNoel
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
To be fair, Knicks have been solid, but at the same token have really not proved they they can "turn it up", such as the elite teams.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM

Ask the Bulls how that worked out

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:09 PM

Don't. Let them think they have a chance, it will feel that much better for miami fans.

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 11:09 PM
says the guy with the Favors name, Melo was gonna be a Net and Howard is a Net.... :laugh2: your guessing = FAILURE

We obviously arent as close as we once were, what happened.
Just cause my team is better now doesnt mean we should insult each other like 6th graders.

(puts hand out to shake)

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM

Bulls beat the Heat by 20 in their first two meetings.......hmmm when was that?

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:11 PM
We obviously arent as close as we once were, what happened.
Just cause my team is better now doesnt mean we should insult each other like 6th graders.

(puts hand out to shake)
your ok just stop being sillly:D

Kenny
02-09-2013, 11:12 PM
To be fair, Knicks have been solid, but at the same token have really not proved they they can "turn it up", such as the elite teams.

You might want to check the Knicks 1st half defense compared to their second half defensive numbers.

D-Leethal
02-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Godfather Melo had no problem leaving him in the first place back in 2011

WTF kind of logic is this? Were talking about Smith here.

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 11:15 PM
WTF kind of logic is this? Were talking about Smith here.

I understand you like Jr but dont count on him being "loyal" if thats even what it is. He is in love with money.

calibird707
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Simple...if its dudley and an unprotected 1st,we do the deal...i wouldnt do a dudley for shump deal straight up...regardless of what knick haters have to say about him,hes a baller and by the time the playoffs come along he will be fine

justinnum1
You might want to check the Knicks 1st half defense compared to their second half defensive numbers.

Cool story. Miami plays D for 48min tho. Maybe the knicks will find out first hand in the playoffs if they get to the ECF.

AI
Don't. Let them think they have a chance, it will feel that much better for miami fans.

God I hope NY & MIA face each other in the playoffs.

AI
02-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Cool story. Miami plays D for 48min tho. Maybe the knicks will find out first hand in the playoffs if they get to the ECF.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400277740

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400277988

FTW....

JNoel
02-09-2013, 11:19 PM

You know the Heat will win, right? If I were the Knicks, I'd try to avoid the Heat as long as possible come playoff time.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM

FTW....

Those are regular season games bro. If you can't comprehend that then oh well.

Looking forward to you brining those 2 wins up in the offseason after miami repeats.

No you don't. You're going to hear about it after that series.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
You know the Heat will win, right? If I were the Knicks, I'd try to avoid the Heat as long as possible come playoff time.

Yes because Lebron said he will win 7 Chips with those Heat......:D

AI
02-09-2013, 11:22 PM

You can predict the future? Anything is possible in the playoffs and the Heat are not as good as they were last year.

Knicks are also better. We faced the Heat in the playoffs with Baron Davis and Mike Bibby as our primary PG's, that is just laughable. Landry Fields was playing serious minutes. Not the same team.

JNoel
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM

FTW....

You Knick fans like to bring those games up except regular season wins are so irrelevant, it all comes down to the playoffs.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
You can predict the future? Anything is possible in the playoffs and the Heat are not as good as they were last year.

Knicks are also better. We faced the Heat in the playoffs with Baron Davis and Mike Bibby as our primary PG's, that is just laughable. Landry Fields was playing serious minutes. Not the same team.

Keep telling yourself that bro. The east is so weak besides miami and chicago, i would be shocked if miami faces a 7 game series before getting to the finals.

Kenny
02-09-2013, 11:26 PM
You Knick fans like to bring those games up except regular season wins are so irrelevant, it all comes down to the playoffs.

Yes, and Heat fans love telling everyone how the Heat don't try in the regular season and are proud of it. I never seen a fan base not only accept lack of effort but applaud it.

AI
02-09-2013, 11:26 PM

No. I'm not bragging just saying you completely ruling out any team as of the Heat were invincible is plain out cocky and stupid. Playoffs anybody can win. By your logic, Dallas had no chance against MIA in the playoffs because "ZOMG they turn it on when it counts"

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 11:27 PM

you act as if Miami was playing like they didn't give a damn. They actually came in doing the opposite and then got their doors blown in. I mean hey sometimes we see things differently but plain and simple, NY gets you out of your routine. Heat don't play us the same way they play everyone else.

WEBB
Yes because Lebron said he will win 7 Chips with those Heat......:D

Knick bag

Best post I've seen from you keep up the good work.

AI
02-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Keep telling yourself that bro. The east is so weak besides miami and chicago, i would be shocked if miami faces a 7 game series before getting to the finals.

Have the Heat beat NY, IND or CHI yet this year?

OceanSpray

Rockets beat NYK 2-0 this year. You telling me that if Rockets played NYK in the finals, Rockets will beat them? Okay.

JNoel

For the bolded, explain to me how a prime Lebron getting better each game, signing Ray Allen, not losing anyone important is getting worse?

I'll give you that one about the injuries and Fields, but I'm still not sold on the Knicks by a long shot.

OceanSpray

You guys are 0-2 vs Houston. Explain.

AI
02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Rockets beat NYK 2-0 this year. You telling me that if Rockets played NYK in the finals, Rockets will beat them? Okay.

Yes they could. Like my post clearly reads, anything can happen in the playoffs

THE MTL
02-09-2013, 11:30 PM

Before you make statements like this, try to NOT get blown out twice by 20pts to the Knicks! Oh and one of those times didnt include Carmelo Anthony. And both of those times didnt include Amare & Shumpert. If you dont know why I included Shumpert in this discussion.....ask Dwanye Wade he knows.

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Melo is sort of like LeBron's Cavalier teams. He is the only scoring option anyone takes serious. Its him with a bunch of role players. Yeah they have another all star player but he isnt a scoring threat. Most teams in the EAST have help, Melo really doesnt. Jr Smith is too inconsistent. Amare is too soft.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:31 PM

Funny that no experts and analysts are making those points. Everyone knows miami can and will turn it on in the playoffs. It's pretty much a forgone conclusion miami will be in the ECF and are heavy favorites to be in the finals and repeat.

Only knicks fans would bring up 2 meaningless wins during the regular season. False hope.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:32 PM

Houston is in the East??? Did they come over with the Astro's...... :laugh:

JNoel
02-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Yes, and Heat fans love telling everyone how the Heat don't try in the regular season and are proud of it. I never seen a fan base not only accept lack of effort but applaud it.
Applaud it? Except for the delusional fans, no Heat fan accepts the lack of effort. :confused:

No. I'm not bragging just saying you completely ruling out any team as of the Heat were invincible is plain out cocky and stupid. Playoffs anybody can win. By your logic, Dallas had no chance against MIA in the playoffs because "ZOMG they turn it on when it counts"
Did I rule anyone else out? I just said the Knicks have only a slight chance of beating the Heat in the playoffs. Heat have gotten over all the problems that hindered them before, still not saying they will catwalk to the title tho.

you act as if Miami was playing like they didn't give a damn. They actually came in doing the opposite and then got their doors blown in. I mean hey sometimes we see things differently but plain and simple, NY gets you out of your routine. Heat don't play us the same way they play everyone else.
Heat really didn't give a ****. Once they start to play lazy, it becomes contagious and we see blowouts as a result.

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 11:33 PM

Alot of teams have problems w/ Houston, they are a high scoring bunch, you just barely beat them both times this season w/ Lin playing like jv crap. He sees Miami and he immediately turns into Jeremy Rin.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Applaud it? Except for the delusional fans, no one accepts the lack of effort. :confused:

Did I rule anyone else out? I just said the Knicks have only a slight chance of beating the Heat in the playoffs. Heat have gotten over all the problems that hindered them before, still not saying they will catwalk to the title tho.
They will cake walk it to the finals, if they face the bulls it would be a good fight, no one in the east is going to beat miami tho.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Houston is in the East??? Did they come over with the Astro's...... :laugh:

No, but if you want to bring up NYK's regular season record against the Miami, which is 2-0, by default, Houston will beat NYK in the playoffs, correct?

Damn, how stupid are you? 21,000 posts of garbage?

Kenny
02-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Melo is sort of like LeBron's Cavalier teams. He is the only scoring option anyone takes serious. Its him with a bunch of role players. Yeah they have another all star player but he isnt a scoring threat. Most teams in the EAST have help, Melo really doesnt. Jr Smith is too inconsistent. Amare is too soft.

And who was Dirk's 2nd option when he beat Miami??? They had a bunch of good role players. And Amare is stil a really good scorer he has proven it his whole career.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Alot of teams have problems w/ Houston, they are a high scoring bunch, you just barely beat them w/ Lin playing like crap. He sees Miami and he immediately turns into Jeremy Rin.

Nice excuse. By a lot of teams, you mean their 24 losses? Haha, I love it... Face it, regular season proves nothing. Bulls beat Heat 3-0 in 2010, Miami beat them 4-1 in the playoffs. What's your excuse? Please, I need to read it.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:35 PM
No, but if you want to bring up NYK's regular season record against the Miami, which is 2-0, by default, Houston will beat NYK in the playoffs, correct?

Damn, how stupid are you? 21,000 posts of garbage?
it means we get out of the East Dummy......I guess your the Doe Doe..

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:38 PM
And who was Dirk's 2nd option when he beat Miami??? They had a bunch of good role players. And Amare is stil a really good scorer he has proven it his whole career.

Have you seen lebron this year? Miami is a lock for the finals the way he is playing. Add in their 3 pt shooters, and miami's elite defense that is the best in the league when they turn it up which they do in the playoffs. Good luck.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Ocean Spray is a dupe..................;)

miamid4life
02-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Simple as this if Knicks don't take an offer of Dudley and protected lotto then keep shump. He's not worth more then that and y'all are being unrealistic.

justinnum1
Ocean Spray is a dupe..................;)

We figure that out a few hours ago lol. 99% sure he is dnewguy

JNoel

He was referring to your logic being flawed in that you say Knicks can beat the Heat in the playoffs because they beat them 2 games in the reg season yet the Rockets beat the Knicks 2 games and you back down???

DoMeFavors

It took Dirk a long time, and Mavericks team full of players were better than Knicks players. Mavs didnt have people like Copeland and that spanish guy on their team. Jason Terry, Shawn Marion,JJ Barea all stepped up big time.
Carmelo is a career loser in the playoffs, I think he has the worst winning % or something like that ive seen.

AI
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Justin you are such a giant homer, it's pretty funny because you always say the same thing.

CEasFiRe
02-09-2013, 11:42 PM
nah I rather shumpert here

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:42 PM

He was referring to your logic being flawed in that you say Knicks can beat the Heat in the playoffs because they beat them 2 games in the reg season yet the Rockets beat the 2 games and you back down???

But from what I was getting the Knicks werent getting out of the first round

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:43 PM

I am using the same analogy you are using with NYK beating Miami Heat in the regular season. You say NYK will win because they are 0-2 in the regular season vs Miami. So if NYK does meet Houston in the Finals, Houston will beat them because they are 2-0 against the NYK. Can you distinguish these statements? If not, you can keep calling me what you want. It's always the retards who can't comprehend information who know nothing.

oak2455

see I haven't been on that much.....lol

justinnum1
Justin you are such a giant homer, it's pretty funny because you always say the same thing.

Funny thing is knicks fans repeat the same thing, 2 blow out regular season wins :rolleyes:

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:44 PM

Keep the hate on. You're just angry you can't refute my posts and had to ignore my posts. I'm not even sure who this dnewguy is. The fact that you're agreeing with the user who is also arguing against your claims prove your hatred for me is far greater than proving a point. Grow up, please. When your boss yells at you, you don't ignore him. You take it. Just like how you take my verbal abuse in lessons against you.

oak2455
I am using the same analogy you are using with NYK beating Miami Heat in the regular season. You say NYK will win because they are 0-2 in the regular season vs Miami. So if NYK does meet Houston in the Finals, Houston will beat them because they are 2-0 against the NYK. Can you distinguish these statements? If not, you can keep calling me what you want. It's always the retards who can't comprehend information who know nothing.
not nice Dupe Guy

JNoel
Anyways back on topic, Shump is overrated, but only to a small extent. NY media will always overhype players and I honestly don't see him being anything more than a 6th-man/role player.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Ocean Spray is Billy Ocean?

jmoney85
I didn't read 1 page of this thread but i'm willing to bet my life shumpert has been overrated heavily in the last 12 pages

PC
I'm not reading through this but why are the Knicks-Heat being discussed in an Iman Shumpert trade thread...?

justinnum1
Anyways back on topic, Shump is overrated, but only to a small extent. NY media will always overhype players and I honestly don't see him being anything more than a 6th-man/role player.

Agree. Dudley is the better player if your goal is to win a championship this season.

oak2455

what city doesn't over hype their talent

PC
02-09-2013, 11:46 PM
I didn't read 1 page of this thread but i'm willing to bet my life shumpert has been overrated heavily in the last 12 pages

Probably, but he's definitely worth a lottery pick even after his surgery

OceanSpray
But from what I was getting the Knicks werent getting out of the first round

This isn't about what you're hearing. From what you're saying, NYK will beat Miami because of the 2-0 regular season record. Therefore Houston will beat NYK in the Finals if they ever met.

justinnum1
I'm not reading through this but why are the Knicks-Heat being discussed in an Iman Shumpert trade thread...?

because knicks need to make this trade based on what will help them get by miami.

AI
02-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Holy crap, that dupe has 800 posts in like a month.

OceanSpray
Ocean Spray is Billy Ocean?

Says the guy who's baseball team has failed years after years with the most stacked team.. You'll never learn I guess.

JNoel
what city doesn't over hype their talent

29. Landry Fields is a prefect example. He is strait-up trash in Toronto this year after being way overhyped in NY. I don't see that in any other city...

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:48 PM

Yes, cause I post in second intervals, thus my time here is filled by posting, not hours. I can post 50 responses in an hour.

PC
02-09-2013, 11:49 PM
because knicks need to make this trade based on what will help them get by miami.

But why argue? According to you the Heat have already won it all this season. The games are just a formality at this point

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 11:50 PM
I said Landry Fields was overated and a bum 2 years ago and I was called a troll and Knick fans were mad. Now they agree with me. I said Lin sucked last year and it was a fluke they threw fits then now they agree with me. Trust me on Shumpert kid is a cancer.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:51 PM
I said Landry Fields was overated and a bum 2 years ago and I was called a troll and Knick fans were mad. Now they agree with me. I said Lin sucked last year and it was a fluke they threw fits then now they agree with me. Trust me on Shumpert kid is a cancer.

Yeah, Deron Williams can't even make the All Stars this year... Sad...

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 11:52 PM

How is it sad? he is hurt and even if he wasnt its still hard to be an all star.

justinnum1
02-09-2013, 11:54 PM
But why argue? According to you the Heat have already won it all this season. The games are just a formality at this point

the heat most likely will win it all, but it will be a great rematch between miami and okc.

PC

Lol it's comments like this that make me scratch my head. What's the point of posting something like this?

oak2455

he's smart thou;)

CEasFiRe

you're a cancer to this entire forum..

JNoel

Because latinofire stated that the Knicks are on the same level as the Heat.

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:55 PM
How is it sad? he is hurt and even if he wasnt its still hard to be an all star.

don't bother with Billy aka DWNEYGUY

OceanSpray
Lol it's comments like this that make me scratch my head. What's the point of posting something like this?

You just replied to it, I don't know, you tell me.

DoMeFavors
I also said Harrelson isnt a rotation player on a good team, he isnt even in the league. I am never wrong on talent. I know this game so much, basketball is my life. I scout talent myself.

KniCks4LiFe
Nice excuse. By a lot of teams, you mean their 24 losses? Haha, I love it... Face it, regular season proves nothing. Bulls beat Heat 3-0 in 2010, Miami beat them 4-1 in the playoffs. What's your excuse? Please, I need to read it.

you sound familiar to me.

CEasFiRe

you're a cancer to this entire forum..

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:56 PM

Because you're talking about how bad a player is when he's injured but when it's Deron who is injured, it's okay? Haha, love it.

OceanSpray
you sound familiar to me.

I don't know. Did I prove how dumb you were years ago as well?

JNoel

How is Shumpert a cancer? He's not as overrated as Fields or Lin but that makes no sense...

Knicks21
02-09-2013, 11:57 PM

Ok.

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't know. Did I prove how dumb you were years ago as well?

No you did that yourself when they banned you. :laugh2:

oak2455
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
This thread is off topic oceans away from what this is about

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 11:59 PM

Yes, it was me who brought up that NYK would beat Miami based off regular season games. Let's change the subject because we're getting verbally abused with facts and can't argue against it.

JNoel
02-09-2013, 11:59 PM

And you positively contribute by posting this, right? :eyebrow:

DoMeFavors
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
How is Shumpert a cancer? He's not as overrated as Fields or Lin but that makes no sense...

I dont know if he is more overated as Fields, I remember after Melo was traded to NY. A commercial ran for like a month of Landry Fields.

"nobody thought he would be a starter, nobody thought he would be rookie of the month twice, nobody thought he would be untradable, nobody thought he would bring the garden to its feet" he was so talked about in 2010-2011. Now I dont even hear his name. If Shumpert was drafted by say Milwakuee or PHX he wouldnt even be talked about. Just as it is.

oak2455
02-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Someone Ban Ocean or whatever his name was:laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2013, 12:02 AM

I'm just wondering why ocean spray, why not Febreeze, or Mr.Clean.

oak2455
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm just wondering why ocean spray, why not Febreeze, or Mr.Clean.

when he gets banned again,he will use those names.....watch

PC
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
You just replied to it, I don't know, you tell me.

I replied to it to point out that posts like yours contributes to the low quality of the NBA forum

I mean, you said you didn't know why you posted it. Just a guess but it'd probably be better to think out your posts before hitting submit

OceanSpray
I'm applauded by the fact you guys think I'm this user you all think I am. Just me knowing I'm not that user really tells me that you're not just wrong in your perception that I am that user, but also in many topics.

KniCks4LiFe
when he gets banned again,he will use those names.....watch

OxyClean, ThroatSpray, NasalSpray, TheraFlu.

OceanSpray
I replied to it to point out that posts like yours contributes to the low quality of the NBA forum

I mean, you said you didn't know why you posted it. Just a guess but it'd probably be better to think out your posts before hitting submit

Okay, and your post was just as useless, therefore you being a hypocrite.

THE MTL
02-10-2013, 12:08 AM

The only kid that is a cancer is you to your Nets fanbase.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Oh sh...

oak2455
OxyClean, ThroatSpray, NasalSpray, TheraFlu.

http://www.preparationh.com/sites/default/files/Preparation_H_Ointment_Main.png

Ill21
EVERYONE READ THIS:

98% of the knicks fans on this site think copeland is the next coming of carmelo, so just beware of the ridiculous offers you'll hear in this thread.

Co-sign

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
http://www.preparationh.com/sites/default/files/Preparation_H_Ointment_Main.png

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jXW1PH7lL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

PC
02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Okay, and your post was just as useless, therefore you being a hypocrite.

I think making posts aimed at improving the quality of the NBA forum (however vain it is) is more useful than bringing up Deron Williams in an Iman Shumpert thread to bait another user.

oak2455
02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jXW1PH7lL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
just no Ben:D

OceanSpray
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm assuming the user who was banned was also verbally pummeling you in factual proof. It turned from

"NYK would beat Miami in the playoffs because they are 2-0 in the regular season."

When I stated Houston would beat NYK in the Finals because Houston beat NYK 2-0 in the regular season, they automatically have nothing else to say and instead think I'm a user who was banned before.

Love it. Typical idiots.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
just no Ben:D

+1

DoMeFavors
02-10-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm assuming the user who was banned was also verbally pummeling you in factual proof. It turned from

"NYK would beat Miami in the playoffs because they are 2-0 in the regular season."

When I stated Houston would beat NYK in the Finals because Houston beat NYK 2-0 in the regular season, they automatically have nothing else to say and instead think I'm a user who was banned before.

Love it. Typical idiots.

well it seems like you know everybody and you have only been here a month. dont tell us you joined a month ago out of nowhere.

oak2455
02-10-2013, 12:15 AM
+1

when they talk to them selves they vanish ;)

OceanSpray
02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
well it seems like you know everybody and you have only been here a month. dont tell us you joined a month ago out of nowhere.

How do I know everybody? I did join a month ago out of nowhere because Insidehoops doesn't allow new users to register. I seriously have no clue who you're all referring to.

knicks=love
02-10-2013, 12:20 AM
I also said Harrelson isnt a rotation player on a good team, he isnt even in the league. I am never wrong on talent. I know this game so much, basketball is my life. I scout talent myself.

this made me laugh pretty hard.

rubx3
02-10-2013, 12:20 AM
lol shumpert is ronnie brewer 1.2

BigBlueCrew
02-10-2013, 12:22 AM

and statements like this is why you should never get banned

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JPHX
02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Even in a Suns related the thread, the Suns tend to disappear...

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2013, 12:25 AM
DoMeFavors vs OceanSpray = I gotta see this. :laugh2:

OceanSpray
02-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Okay, I'll stop posting. I have work in a few hours. Have a nice day, glad you guys made my time enjoyable.

oak2455
02-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Cranberry time

JNoel
02-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Even in a Suns related the thread, the Suns tend to disappear...

Who are the Suns? :confused:

oak2455
02-10-2013, 12:31 AM
DoMeFavors vs OceanSpray = I gotta see this. :laugh2:

DMF's by TKO

29$JerZ
02-10-2013, 12:32 AM
HEAT vs Knicks
2 Trolls stroking themselves with all the attention they got
Probably 7-9 post actually discussing the topic at hand

NBA Forum :flag:

BigBlueCrew
02-10-2013, 12:32 AM
DMF's by TKO

congrats DMF :clap:

JNoel
02-10-2013, 12:37 AM
HEAT vs Knicks
2 Trolls stroking themselves with all the attention they got
Probably 7-9 post actually discussing the topic at hand

NBA Forum :flag:

If only latinofire didn't bring up the Heat into he equation :rolleyes:

JPHX
02-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Who are the Suns? :confused:

:cry:

knicks=love
02-10-2013, 12:42 AM
so how about them lakers?

justinnum1
02-10-2013, 12:50 AM
so how about them lakers?

should be a good game tomorrow.

DoMeFavors
02-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Tommrow the King will grab his flute and control the snake mamba and have him right in the palm of his hand. The King never loses to the snake.

Blitzace137
02-10-2013, 01:08 AM
:cry: