PDA

View Full Version : 76ers making Turner available

Stunner
02-09-2013, 05:07 PM
http://hoopshype.com/

mdm692
02-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Gortat, Morris, Shannon Brown and LA's pick top 10 protected.

TrueFan420
02-09-2013, 05:21 PM

If they plan on Bynum being long term then turner won't be moved for a center

Eagles710
02-09-2013, 05:21 PM

no no no ... and no

Deception
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Looked at his season stats, not having too great of a year, no idea what Philly would want in return anyways.

ichitownclowni
02-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Him and Rose don't like each other but winning a title with two hometown boys would be sick

Alayla
02-09-2013, 06:57 PM

From a value prospective id do that in fact id love that

HYFR
02-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Do you guys see him being anything more than a solid role player? Cuz I don't

RipCity32
02-09-2013, 08:43 PM
What could the sixers really get for him though?Nobodys going to give them a good big for him.Which is what they are probably looking for seeing as Bynum is out and they are trying to get in the playoffs.

SeoulBeatz
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Do you guys see him being anything more than a solid role player? Cuz I don't

On a good team, Turner is a solid 3rd-4th option and a 13- 7 - 4 type of guy.

On a bad team where he'll have the ball most of the time, he could be a 17-8-5 player.

He'll never be an all-star, but he's an adequate starter and pretty damn good role player for any team.

Sixers are probably looking for an off-the ball wing.

edit: Turner's one glaring weakness is inconsistency... i'll just use his last 8 games as an example...

During his last 4 games, Turner is averaging an ABYSMAL...

5.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.6 apg, 27%FG, 0%3pt (0-8)

The four games before that?

23.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 6.4 apg, 55%FG, 55%3pt (5-9)

One game he looks like a borderline all-star, the next he looks like the biggest scrub on the planet.

You just never know what you're going to get with the kid.

The talent is there, the consistency is not.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Bad move.. Turner is putting huge numbers right now. Constantly improving as well.

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:23 PM

All that for Evan Turner, **** no

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2013, 09:24 PM

SeoulBeatz
02-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Him and Rose don't like each other but winning a title with two hometown boys would be sick

lol not sure if Chicago fans would embrace Turner even if he's a hometown kid, they hate him over there.

Pacerlive
02-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Granger for turner?

SeoulBeatz
02-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Granger for turner?

if granger were a couple years younger and not so injury prone recently, yes.

now, it's too much of a risk, don't know what Granger's got left in the tank.

PG and Turner would be a sick duo though. They're already besties lol

Pacerlive
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
if granger were a couple years younger and not so injury prone recently, yes.

now, it's too much of a risk, don't know what Granger's got left in the tank.

PG and Turner would be a sick duo though. They're already besties lol
Granger injury will probably hold his trade value down until the end of the season but he is expected back. This isn't a Brandon Roy injury.

Kuya_Clive
02-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Granger injury will probably hold his trade value down until the end of the season but he is expected back. This isn't a Brandon Roy injury.

Well, it's still somewhat of a red flag right? Iirc he has patellar tendinosis which is chronic and is thought to be caused by degeneration rather than inflammation.

Pacerlive
02-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, it's still somewhat of a red flag right? Iirc he has patellar tendinosis which is chronic and is thought to be caused by degeneration rather than inflammation.

Wade had it in 07 and he recovered right. Jumpers knee is not something that ends your career.

Bullsfan22
02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
He would actually fit decently on the Bulls. I wish he was a better shooter but I'd love his play making and ball handling skills. He's a Chicago kid, if he puts on a Bulls uni he'd be received just fine.

The only player from Chicago we would boo in a Bulls uniform would probably be Tony Allen.

Iversonfan4life
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM

where do i sign?

rocket
02-10-2013, 03:22 PM
no no no ... and no

I hope you know you aren't getting ANYTHING close to this lmfao.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I know some 76ers fans were cool with JJ for ET...is that still the case?

Not sure it's a fit for the 6ers...but I'd do it from Orlando's perspective.

LanceUpperCut
02-10-2013, 03:42 PM
no no no ... and no

Your ****ing insane if you wouldn't take that. I don't see anyway they get near that.

Alayla
02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I know some 76ers fans were cool with JJ for ET...is that still the case?

Not sure it's a fit for the 6ers...but I'd do it from Orlando's perspective.

No and any 76ers fan "who is cool with it" is desperate and is worried about fit with Jrue that isnt a trade of equal value.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 05:38 PM
No and any 76ers fan "who is cool with it" is desperate and is worried about fit with Jrue that isnt a trade of equal value.

It was way earlier in the season...probably when 76ers fans thought they had a EC contender. Now that the playoffs are questionable, I imagined JJ was less enticing. Hence why I asked.

Gnac76
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
It was way earlier in the season...probably when 76ers fans thought they had a EC contender. Now that the playoffs are questionable, I imagined JJ was less enticing. Hence why I asked.

I'd do ET for JJ BUT i want the sixers 1st rounder back from the 4 team AB trade.

Alayla
02-10-2013, 06:05 PM
I'd do ET for JJ BUT i want the sixers 1st rounder back from the 4 team AB trade.

That only goes to them if we make the playoffs and miss the lottery though If we did that there would be a chance of loseing ET for nothing so no. mabye if orlando offered there pick+JJ then i would start to lean that way

muelly
02-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Bucks could be a nice match.

Ellis plus gooden and/or Sammy d for a package of turner and Nick young and/or d wright

Gnac76
02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
That only goes to them if we make the playoffs and miss the lottery though If we did that there would be a chance of loseing ET for nothing so no. mabye if orlando offered there pick+JJ then i would start to lean that way

But wudn't we have to give up our pick to them eventually? I agree tho I would take orlando's pick in a heartbeat, it will most likely be a top 5 pick although I doubt orlando goes for it. It would probably have to be a top 5-10 restricted 1st rounder for the next couple years but i'd still do that.

Furymaker
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
I'd take Turner and Allen for Rip , Nazr and our 1st round pick ( if salaries match )

bholly
02-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd take Turner and Allen for Rip , Nazr and our 1st round pick ( if salaries match )

Nope.

akesh99
02-10-2013, 06:42 PM
DeRozan and Bargnani for Turner and Bynum

SeoulBeatz
02-10-2013, 06:51 PM
DeRozan and Bargnani for Turner and Bynum

Nah, i wouldnt subject Toronto fans to that, we all know Bynum's worthless.

SeoulBeatz
02-10-2013, 06:57 PM

not quite what we're looking for.

weak draft so the pick is basically worth nothing, and Rip and Nazr are at the end of the line in their careers (unless they're expiring contracts, then that's a diff story)

TheNumber37
02-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Granger for turner?

Womp, Womp. Pacers can do better, and don't need to pair George with someone who doesn't comlpliment.

Turner looks like a good guard for the Spurs to mold into a solid player, but I don't see them making that move.

The Sixers should push for a Turner for Derrick Williams type of deal.

Alayla
02-10-2013, 07:24 PM
bucks could be a nice match.

ellis plus gooden and/or sammy d for a package of turner and nick young and/or d wright

no!

Alayla
02-10-2013, 07:26 PM
But wudn't we have to give up our pick to them eventually? I agree tho I would take orlando's pick in a heartbeat, it will most likely be a top 5 pick although I doubt orlando goes for it. It would probably have to be a top 5-10 restricted 1st rounder for the next couple years but i'd still do that.

eventually yes but as far as the picks acutal value This draft isnt very strong if there where a year where they may part with there pick this would be the year we shouldnt be willing to part with Turner for scraps this soon.
but in fairness i would be okay if it was top 3-5 protected

majmarcus
02-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Lakers could really benefit from his services

Shkelqim
02-10-2013, 11:36 PM
We hate all the lakers players. (Except for Kobe) So no

Shkelqim
02-10-2013, 11:38 PM
If Bynum gets back id keep Evan, hes a great third/fourth option.

JasonJohnHorn
02-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Turner is a great all-around player. I'd like to see hid FG% go up a bit, but he's developed a great 3pt shot this season. I'd like him in Detroit. I'd also like to see him in Toronto, but I think Toronto has already decided they are going with Rudy Gay and Derosen on the wing.

Still... Turner is a young player with a great upside.

Swashcuff
02-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Granger for turner?

After Iggy Granger is my 2nd favourite player in the league So YESSSS.

Well maybe. Granger's health is a concern but as it stands right now he's a better two way player than Evan IMO and his offensive upside and spacing would be extremely valuable to us. So in a nut shell I'd probably do it but I'm a bit biased because even though I'm a 6ers fan Granger is my favourite player in the East.

C_Mund
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM

The Rockers..... yes.

chicagocubsfan
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Hamilton, Mohammad, and Bobcats pick for Turner and a 2nd.

Swashcuff
02-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Hamilton, Mohammad, and Bobcats pick for Turner and a 2nd.

Puuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! That's like us offering you Spencer Hawes for Joakim Noah. Deal?

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I can see why he's available as he hasn't really taken the reigns provided to him after Iggypop was moved out. They should treat him as a somewhat veteran and move him for younger pieces and try to get someone who is more motivated. He seems very underwhelming when I've seen him play. Start Young at PF and move on from a failed experiment. They still should have drafted DeMarcus Cousins.

chicagocubsfan
02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Puuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! That's like us offering you Spencer Hawes for Joakim Noah. Deal?

Well the Bobcats pick is pretty good lol
2013 top-12 protected
2014 top-10 protected
2015 top-8 protected
2016 pick is unprotected
So if they still suck in 3 years you can have a top 5 pick.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Well the Bobcats pick is pretty good lol
2013 top-12 protected
2014 top-10 protected
2015 top-8 protected
2016 pick is unprotected
So if they still suck in 3 years you can have a top 5 pick.

This years draft class is garbage. Outside of one of three or four fringing levels of players there isn't a lot of depth. Nerlens Noel is one of the worst possible number one overall picks since Kwame Brown to Washington. Noel is not likely to go number one but that's how bad the class is overall. European all day for this NBA fan this year.

chicagocubsfan
02-11-2013, 11:16 AM
This years draft class is garbage. Outside of one of three or four fringing levels of players there isn't a lot of depth. Nerlens Noel is one of the worst possible number one overall picks since Kwame Brown to Washington. Noel is not likely to go number one but that's how bad the class is overall. European all day for this NBA fan this year.
I never said anything about this class. The pick is unprotected in 2016. This year's class is pretty terrible.

kobe4thewinbang
02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
All that for Evan Turner, **** noYeah, just a wee bit insane.

Alayla
02-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I can see why he's available as he hasn't really taken the reigns provided to him after Iggypop was moved out. They should treat him as a somewhat veteran and move him for younger pieces and try to get someone who is more motivated. He seems very underwhelming when I've seen him play. Start Young at PF and move on from a failed experiment. They still should have drafted DeMarcus Cousins.

1. Young does start PF ???

2. I would have been pissed if the sixers drafted DMC

Im still not happy the kings did (kings being my 2nd favorite team) A headcase like that in a young locker room isn't good it doesn't get players in the right mindset because as the best player on his team the other young players are going to look up to him even if he isnt the (Leader)

Fk that noise i wouldn't mind favors and i liked that option better at the time but to call Turner a *failed experiment*

shows you dont really know whats going on hes starting to do the things we need from him but our real problem is out awfull bigs something Bynum will fix if he returns at even 80% of his normal self

Alayla
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Although admittedly i would like to see Evan hit the weight room and Work on his D as well

Alayla
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Something PSD users need to understand is *making someone available* doesn't mean can be had for a 3rd of what there worth. I saw this sort of thing going on when DMC was reportedly on the block

Gnac76
02-11-2013, 03:23 PM
People got to realize that the last thing doug collins is going to want is younger pieces in return for turner. Doug is impatient with younger players and the organization is in win now mode and not trying to get younger. Maybe if the organization gets desperate next year before turner becomes a FA wud they trade him for Picks and younger players. If Turner is dealt at this deadline it will most likely be for a vet(s). Granger does seem like a good possibility but I doubt the sixers want another guy with a knee problem (not sure how serious it is). Utah does seem like the most logical landing spot. Its just really hard to gage turners value.

PhillyTilDeath
02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
everybody, be realistic. i'm one of the few sports fan who are not gonna be bias towards my squad. for example, lakers fans just need to have patience. remember when miami started the season around .500 the first year of the big 3...everyone doubted. patience is a virtue. of course Turner's available for "the right offer".

its his 3rd year in the league. he's getting better. inconsistent, but getting better. he's shown he can put up the numbers. remember when lebron was selfish, not humble at all, immature and look now...dwight howard should take a lesson. but you can't have expectations, but what you can have is faith.

back to Turner...the sixers were counting on/are still counting on Bynum. tell me whos gonna stop him in the East. Thad Young got a lot better this year...anyone else notice the 20 pounds of muscle he put on...perfect complement to Bynum. will only get better. Jrue Holliday. Only getting better. those 4 together...all young, can only improve if they work for it, are a very good nucleus going forward. if the right offer for ET is out there, than you make the move, but odds are it won't be. and the team is only gonna better, they're not healthy right now. get a borderline all-star/all-star caliber player in their at the 2/3 who had big time 3pt range in their arsenal and the sixers are contenders without a second thought for years to come. its the truth. of course they gotta stay healthy. like w/ bynum, it happens. injuries are something WE AS FANS CAN NOT CONTROL.

be patient, whoever your team is, and it will pay off. only exceptions are teams like memphis...its a shame what they did to their fans man. they had a contending team there. but it takes time.

look at the knicks...new coach, carmelo starts playing defense, they are contenders. any player can get better on defensive...its pure laziness...boston...rondo goes down they all step up. thats called a team going to war together. inless they're really slow and can't jump, but they wouldn't be in the nba then right? its up to the players, some have a good year, collect multi-mills and throw the towel in b/c the loot is guaranteed.

sorry for the book. but these are facts, and realism, not opinion. love you all, no matter who you are a fan of.

Sactown
02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Something PSD users need to understand is *making someone available* doesn't mean can be had for a 3rd of what there worth. I saw this sort of thing going on when DMC was reportedly on the block
DMC was a rumor and never actually on the block, he's the selling point for the Maloofs to get rid of the franchise, but seriously, I don't see Philly moving him, what would they want? Isn't Bynum suppose to be back fairly soon? Seems a high price to pay for a temporary replacement. I don't think they'd get near his value back in return, especially considering his a good contract if he hasn't reup'd yet.. Isn't he a RFA after this season? Maybe they think he's going to ask for too much

2-ONE-5
02-11-2013, 04:34 PM
we picked up his option for next year

LakersMaster24
02-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Dwight for Bynum and Turner :laugh:

Alayla
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
B]]DMC was a rumor and never actually on the block,[/B] [/B]he's the selling point for the Maloofs to get rid of the franchise, but seriously, I don't see Philly moving him, what would they want? Isn't Bynum suppose to be back fairly soon? Seems a high price to pay for a temporary replacement. I don't think they'd get near his value back in return, especially considering his a good contract if he hasn't reup'd yet.. Isn't he a RFA after this season? Maybe they think he's going to ask for too much

1. I know i said reportedly for a reason read my post.

2. No

At the end of the day they are just getting a feel for his value but typical PSD overreacting to everything.

KB24PG16
02-11-2013, 11:17 PM
random thought turner and whoever for smith im not sure who's the pf for philli, spencer hawes?

Alayla
02-12-2013, 03:39 PM
random thought turner and whoever for smith im not sure who's the pf for philli, spencer hawes?

Thad Young we dont need smith lol

Wisdom Listens
02-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Wolves should swap Williams for Turner like yesterday.