PDA

View Full Version : Hansbrough's dirty play injures Valanciunas

spreadeagle
02-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Use to be a fan of Hansbrough, but the guy is now a straight goon, with little actual basketball talent. Valanciunas just returned from a 2 month hand injury, dirty play. Of course no foul was called https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TBxsPfP3dVI

mnatiq
02-09-2013, 01:44 PM
wow hansbrough is dirty

Shmontaine
02-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I've noticed a lot of the play of the pacers is borderline dirty...

kenzo400
02-09-2013, 01:46 PM
A lot of players seem to be getting angry with Val. Its because he plays very physical in the paint and doesn't take his hands off his opponent, I love it! :) But yeah that was a very dirty play.

Legendary33
02-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Indiana is a rough team which I love to watch, last nights game was great with the physical battles in the post, but that being said throwing a injured player to the ground away from the ball is just ridiculous. Only thing I respected is Vogel taking him out of the game right after, should be a game suspension coming.

Lions #81
02-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Ick.

RipCity32
02-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Psycho T thinks Hes a tuff guy.

Slug3
02-09-2013, 02:06 PM
The Pacers just play a very physical game. They did last year as well. I won't call them dirty, but this play was.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Wow, I had read about this last night, but D**N that was dirty! Heard he's alright though, he came back, and had 14/13 on the night.

beasted86
02-09-2013, 02:25 PM
This was a dirty play. The Pacers as a team play like they are trying to prove they are tough instead of just being tough.

But I'm not mad at the Pacers, I'm mad at the idiotic referees who all swallowed their whistle. That's about as clear a loose ball foul as any.

North Yorker
02-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Here's a better vid, shows a replay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6epjY0Icc

lol the ref is literally 2 feet away watching it happen

Tmath
02-09-2013, 02:30 PM
David West is going to be one of the first victims of the new HGH testing. The dude has roid rage every time he doesn't get a call or when a call goes against him. :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
02-09-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ0d90vjlrM

rocket
02-09-2013, 02:41 PM
That was a dirty play but I do not think he's a dirty player. He just plays aggressive old school basketball.

JasonJohnHorn
02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I've seen worse than that. Both guys went down. I'd have to see it from different angles to really make a judgment on it.

dalton749
02-09-2013, 04:19 PM
they both went down because he used his own weight to throw val.
and obviously theres been worse but us toronto fans are pissed because jonas just came back from a broken hand, was having a great game and frustrating all indianas bigs and then hansbrough pulls that and nearly broke his hand again.

the guy is a scrub and gets away with way too much as you can hear from the comentators

PacersForLife
02-09-2013, 04:28 PM
It's probably just because I'm a Pacers fan, but I think this is being overblown. They both went down and it looked worse than it really was just because Valanciunas was already injured. Hansbrough is just a physical player. You shouldn't hurt anybody on purpose of course, but I'm confused as to what NBA fans want from the league. Everybody complains at how soft it is and then when a team or player plays physical then people cry about it and say it's dirty. I can definitely understand why other fanbases don't like Hansbrough though.

Rndy
02-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Tyler has played like that since coming into the league. Jeff Foster was a good mentor for the guy.

JC_
02-09-2013, 04:40 PM
lol Jack Armstrong calling out Hansbrough "the guys a hack... I've said it before the guys a hack".

spreadeagle
02-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Somebody in the youtube comments "I use to think Tyler was like Bill Lambeer without the scoring...then I thought he was like Reggie Evans without the rebounding...now im not sure" haha

phantasyyy
02-09-2013, 04:50 PM
It's probably just because I'm a Pacers fan, but I think this is being overblown. They both went down and it looked worse than it really was just because Valanciunas was already injured. Hansbrough is just a physical player. You shouldn't hurt anybody on purpose of course, but I'm confused as to what NBA fans want from the league. Everybody complains at how soft it is and then when a team or player plays physical then people cry about it and say it's dirty. I can definitely understand why other fanbases don't like Hansbrough though.

thats just blind team favorism, he threw the ***** down, where did you get the idea that we "fans" want this type of behaviour? Obviously we want our players to be physical but hansborough it seems got frusterated and resulted to a play that has nothing to do with basketball ala wade on rondo..

mnatiq
02-09-2013, 04:53 PM
I've seen worse than that. Both guys went down. I'd have to see it from different angles to really make a judgment on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6epjY0Icc

does not get any better, just use ur eyes

mnatiq
02-09-2013, 04:55 PM

Just cus they both went down does not make it OK. YES they both went down but Jonas went down cuz Tyler took him down.

mjt20mik
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM

Fans want to watch tough, hardnosed basketball. I highly doubt any fan likes seeing people purposely hurt each other. Hansborough threw down VAL MMA style on that play. I totally respect Vogel for benching him at that point, but I think it was also to protect him. I'm pretty sure if he stayed in the game, someone from the Raptors would have hacked the **** out of him.

HotMayo
02-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I mentioned in the pistons forum and to my boys that pacers team takes Fukn steroids .. David west was big before but not this big and Tyler hansbrough was never this big. Juiced up bc out of college hansbrough was getting pushed around like a B! Haha karmas a B!

beasted86
02-09-2013, 05:00 PM

The reason it is a dirty play is because Hansborough seemed like he tripped and was falling off balance but decided "if I'm going to fall over, I'm taking you with me." That's why it's a dirty play. He didn't intentionally try to injure Valanciunas or anything like that. It's just old school dirty of taking another guy down with you, but because of his previous injury this could have been a lot worse.

AddiX
02-09-2013, 05:14 PM
I hate Tyler but I got no problem with this. Fas aren't suppose tomlike other teams, and players aren't suppose to like each other, Tyler plays with that competitive spirit, I commend him for it, I'd take him on the Knicks anyway.

mjt20mik
02-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I hate Tyler but I got no problem with this. Fas aren't suppose tomlike other teams, and players aren't suppose to like each other, Tyler plays with that competitive spirit, I commend him for it, I'd take him on the Knicks anyway.

Then you must have had no problem with KG chirping Melo about his wife right?

JLynn943
02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
It was definitely dirty, but it wasn't horrible. No respect for that though.

ink
02-09-2013, 06:33 PM

How is throwing a player to the floor a basketball play? Play hard in the context of the game and it's fine, but this crossed the line. Not only dirty but not very bright.

Pacers look good otherwise. Some real talent on that team. Very well coached. Exciting game last night.

heyman321
02-09-2013, 06:38 PM
The reason it is a dirty play is because Hansborough seemed like he tripped and was falling off balance but decided "if I'm going to fall over, I'm taking you with me." That's why it's a dirty play. He didn't intentionally try to injure Valanciunas or anything like that. It's just old school dirty of taking another guy down with you, but because of his previous injury this could have been a lot worse.

Hansborough didn't fall THEN take him down. He deliberately took him and shoved him down, there's a clear throwing motion. He only went down because Valanciunas is heavier and taller than him, that's why he lost his balance. Dirtier than a public NYC washroom.

dalton749
02-09-2013, 06:39 PM

that wasnt "competitive spirt" it was this guy has been dominating me and all of our bigs out there so im going to do something about it and take out my frustration.
im sure there was some kind of box the **** out speech or dont let this guy climb your back kind of thing said at half time.

DaBear
02-09-2013, 06:50 PM
The Pacers are a dirty team in general, and Vogel is a little *****.

Bulls_fan90
02-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Straight thug. Don't mess with Tyler.

kingsdelez24
02-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Dirtier than Lebron's mother when Delonte is in town

^ Is what I would have said in 2010

ombada
02-09-2013, 08:34 PM
haha, you guys are ridiculous. Valanciunus pushes Hansbrough in the chest with both hands to 'box out' which is an off the ball foul. Hansbrough, in retaliation, pushes Valanciunus' ARMS to the side and dude loses his balance and falls over, which is also an off the ball foul. What? is he supposed to take it easy on him because hes injured? If you play you are in good enough shape to get physical. If you push, i push back. Who in the NBA doesn't?

This is what they used to call tussling for position. Quit crying over it and get a better strength and conditioning coach.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Dude hansb Threw him down.

bholly
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
haha, you guys are ridiculous. Valanciunus pushes Hansbrough in the chest with both hands to 'box out' which is an off the ball foul. Hansbrough, in retaliation, pushes Valanciunus' ARMS to the side and dude loses his balance and falls over, which is also an off the ball foul. What? is he supposed to take it easy on him because hes injured? If you play you are in good enough shape to get physical. If you push, i push back. Who in the NBA doesn't?

This is what they used to call tussling for position. Quit crying over it and get a better strength and conditioning coach.

Um, no, that's not what happens. Hansbrough very very clearly puts his right hand on Valanciunus' body (under the armpit) and starts going down first, then pushes/throws him across his body and down, keeping that right hand on him the whole way to the floor.

Valanciunas is pushing towards the basket (parallel with the baseline) to try and get to the rebound and ends up falling towards the basket support - ie almost 90 degrees from the direction he was moving in. This isn't just Hansbrough moving and him falling down on his own.

YoungOne
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
get your anger on the refs not hansbrough, cause they suck so much they cant see that blantant foul, dont think it was dirty though...

knicks=love
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
i'm a huge UNC fan, but i always ****ing hated hansbrough with a burning passion. ****ing prick

dalton749
02-09-2013, 09:42 PM

you're dumb. go away.

LanceUpperCut
02-09-2013, 10:06 PM

Come on man this is homerisim at it's finest. Even your coach took him out until the last seconds. It was flat out dirty, no big deal I'm sure Val got under his skin and he overreacted.

P.I.
02-09-2013, 10:23 PM
David West is going to be one of the first victims of the new HGH testing. The dude has roid rage every time he doesn't get a call or when a call goes against him. :laugh2:

I will not be surprised if this guy juices lol his goatee is not helping.

Mataro41
02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Tyler plays like he's in the 90s and is just a hard nose player

dodie53
02-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Psycho move

Sly Guy
02-10-2013, 12:52 AM
get your anger on the refs not hansbrough, cause they suck so much they cant see that blantant foul, dont think it was dirty though...

lol, 3 league apologies, one full-on league lie, and many plays like this later, and you have the raps season in a nutshell

deaner
02-10-2013, 01:18 AM

Do you really think Shawn Windle comes close to Alex McKechnie?

CyborgMushroom
02-10-2013, 01:36 AM
America is so soft nowadays, Bunch of little sissies. This was 90's basketball. Toughen up little girls.

mvb815
02-10-2013, 01:41 AM
lol at people pointing out that tyler fell too, tyler's fall was more of an "oh **** did i just do that? let me slide on down here."

dalton749
02-10-2013, 02:02 AM
America is so soft nowadays, Bunch of little sissies. This was 90's basketball. Toughen up little girls.

nobody here has a problem with playing tough but theres a difference between 2 guys going at it and a cheap shot. that was the same as sticking your foot out and tripping a guy on purpose to stop a fast break

gwrighter
02-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Hansbrough is such a hack. The guy is a terrible basketball player and when outmatched resorts to cheap shots to try and save his pathetic little ego. What a joke of an NBA player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO634h8Vihw

LakersMaster24
02-10-2013, 02:22 AM
Glad Val is okay. One of my favorite non-Lakers players.

Sly Guy
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Hansbrough is such a hack. The guy is a terrible basketball player and when outmatched resorts to cheap shots to try and save his pathetic little ego. What a joke of an NBA player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO634h8Vihw

I actually enjoyed watching that in the wake of hansborough's play. Thank you.

scaramantula
02-10-2013, 11:17 AM
It was good on the indy coach to bench him that was such a pointless move by hansbrough, the coach did reddem the team though... hans is probobly just jealous that Val is so much younger but allready better than him

JC_
02-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Tyler plays like he's in the 90s and is just a hard nose player

He plays like a roid raging frat boy

gwrighter
02-10-2013, 12:29 PM
I actually enjoyed watching that in the wake of hansborough's play. Thank you.

:cheers:

He plays like a roid raging frat boy

lol, this!

AddiX
02-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Then you must have had no problem with KG chirping Melo about his wife right?

No problem with it at all, love KG.

that wasnt "competitive spirt" it was this guy has been dominating me and all of our bigs out there so im going to do something about it and take out my frustration.
im sure there was some kind of box the **** out speech or dont let this guy climb your back kind of thing said at half time.

I don't think he was really trying to hurt him, and I have no problem with players getting physical with the guys who are dominating them. That's how the nba use to be, pistons use beat the crap out of Jordan when he went to the hole.

You guys are to acclimated with these bs touch fouls, players all being friendly, and no defense, thats not how basketball is suppose to be played.

B2B
02-10-2013, 02:44 PM
As a Raptor fan, I have no problem with the Pacers & Hansbrough's style of play, I prefer old school. It makes for a great game & rivalry. That said.

The problem I have, is officiating. Officials can't let one team be as physical as they want & call touch fouls on the other end, consistency is the problem here not the way Hansbrough plays. If there is no consistency then officials are dictating the game.

Can't call the softest big in the league Bargnani for 5 fouls in less than 30mins & give Hansbrough none, when this thread clearly shows he should have had at the very least, one.

Vancity
02-11-2013, 03:55 AM
As a Raptor fan, I have no problem with the Pacers & Hansbrough's style of play, I prefer old school. It makes for a great game & rivalry. That said.

The problem I have, is officiating. Officials can't let one team be as physical as they want & call touch fouls on the other end, consistency is the problem here not the way Hansbrough plays. If there is no consistency then officials are dictating the game.

Can't call the softest big in the league Bargnani for 5 fouls in less than 30mins & give Hansbrough none, when this thread clearly shows he should have had at the very least, one.

Truth.

Love 90's. Just let them all play then, don't be selective.
I blame LeBron. Right? It all falls to Lebron...

^Is what I would've said in 2010