PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: Feb 8th

JasonJohnHorn
02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
The Hornets surprised the Hawks as Vasquez lead NO to a win with a triple-double, and not his first fo the season either! Kobe Bryant was back in facilitator mode last night as the Lakers overcame the Bobcats despite 4 of the Bobcats starters reaching double figures in rebounds. Orlando fell to the Cavs. The short-handed Spurs fell to the Piston at the Palace. The Rockets put down the Trailbalzers. The Raptors broke the Pacers 15-game home win streak. The Warriors got a big night out of Curry, but titwas not enough to get a win over the Grizzlies. The Clippers has CP3 and Griffin back in the line-up, but both played sparing minutes as the Heat got a win over the Clippers. The T-Wolves continue to slide as the Knicks beat them behind a 36-point game from Melo. OKC put on a clinic against the Suns and pulled their starters out early but still won by 30+ points. Al Jefferson had a big night for the Jazz, but it was not enough to overcome a balanced attack from the Bulls, and the Wizards surprised the Nets as they won 89-74.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-09-2013, 10:26 AM
lebron. 9/11FG, and the HEAT as a whole completely dismantled the Clips.

well more like Wade and LeBron.

mightybosstone
02-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Dude... How can you not even mention James Harden. The Beard had 35 points, 7 boards, 11 assists and a steal last night. And he shot a ridiculous 13-16 from the floor! I was at the game and it was remarkable. I think he was 11-12 at halftime or something insane like that. I don't care what anyone else did. That remarkable performance would get my vote.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-09-2013, 10:30 AM
dam didnt see the trip dub by vaz. would have voted for him. oops.

ATX
02-09-2013, 10:36 AM
LBJ DNP 4TH QTR

Vasquez and Harden consolation.

ManRam
02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I actually voted for Harden.

Vazquez and LeBron are probably equally deserving.

mightybosstone
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I think people freak out too easily over triple doubles, but both Lebron and Harden's games were way more impressive. Their scoring efficiency was out of this world last night and Harden was only three boards away from a triple double himself. I would probably actually vote for Monroe or Jefferson over Vazquez. They put up some pretty disgusting numbers themselves last night.

ManRam
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
I think people freak out too easily over triple doubles, but both Lebron and Harden's games were way more impressive. Their scoring efficiency was out of this world last night and Harden was only three boards away from a triple double himself. I would probably actually vote for Monroe or Jefferson over Vazquez. They put up some pretty disgusting numbers themselves last night.

I agree.

I get so confused when people think 11-11-10 games or whatever are better than an ultra efficient 30-8-8 game or something like that. I've seen it a few times.

But this one is much closer.

I think both LeBron and Harden's games were better, but it is indeed close. The scoring efficiency from LeBron and Harden was just ridiculous.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I agree with the *******s who already posted. It's either LBJ or Harden. I gave it to the Beard.

Borough
02-09-2013, 12:27 PM
gotta give it to the triple double

Blink
02-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Went with LeBron. Didn't play in the 4th.

Baller1
02-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Harden. 13-16... Yikes.

Mataro41
02-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Vasquez padding his stats

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
As good as James was, he does that every other game. Harden had a better game imo. Very underrated.

THE GIPPER
02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Easily Harden

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 02:03 PM
People aren't choosing Harden because they don't know he shot 13/16 from the field :(

ashyzup
02-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I have four of these players in my fantasy squad (LBJ, Vasquez, LMA, and George). :)

JasonJohnHorn
02-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I do think people sometimes overrate triple-doubles. A 20/10/10 game is very impressive, but it is more impressive than a 30/15/5 game? No way. When I vote for LOTN, I essentially count assists and rebounds up together, if a guy got the same numbers of combine assists and rebounds as another player, then the rebounds and assists aren't going to be the deciding factor. Last night for example, Monroe and Vasquez had about the same amount of total rebounds and assists, but Mornoe got more points, steals and blocks.

I ended up voting for Jefferson because he posted 2 steals and 2 blocks and outscored Monroe, but I think Monroe was equally deserving. There is a case for LBJ and Harden as well because their shooting percentages were so high. I'd like to include FGM/FGA, but that is a lot of work to add to the process.

That said, Vasquez did have a great game and I think there is a legit case for him as well.

OceanSpray
02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
I do think people sometimes overrate triple-doubles. A 20/10/10 game is very impressive, but it is more impressive than a 30/15/5 game? No way. When I vote for LOTN, I essentially count assists and rebounds up together, if a guy got the same numbers of combine assists and rebounds as another player, then the rebounds and assists aren't going to be the deciding factor. Last night for example, Monroe and Vasquez had about the same amount of total rebounds and assists, but Mornoe got more points, steals and blocks.

I ended up voting for Jefferson because he posted 2 steals and 2 blocks and outscored Monroe, but I think Monroe was equally deserving. There is a case for LBJ and Harden as well because their shooting percentages were so high. I'd like to include FGM/FGA, but that is a lot of work to add to the process.

That said, Vasquez did have a great game and I think there is a legit case for him as well.

You're not being fair. It's easier to grab a rebound than to get an assist.

Also, for a player like Vasquez to grab rebounds, it just shows how well he played. It's not everyday a guard grabs 10 rebounds.

And another point, James only played 30 minutes. He normally plays around 38. I will assume he could've had the best stat line if he played the full game.