PDA

View Full Version : The Nuggets are for real

Knick_Fever
02-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Im surprised that I dont see people talk more about the Nuggets and their success so far. They are flying under the radar while creeping up the west standings. They are deep and great defensively, and leading the league in transition points. They also have a high-speed and very efficient small-ball style offense. Winners of 8 straight and tearing through opponents to include the latest impressive win against the Bulls. I think they're legitimate title contenders and I've really enjoyed watching their rise to legitimacy.

Guppyfighter
02-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Everyone already knew they were "legit."

KnicksorBust
02-08-2013, 09:46 PM
No they're not.

ManRam
02-08-2013, 09:49 PM
I think they're "for real" to an extent.

I think they're the 4th best team in the West pretty easily. They'll beat whoever they play in round 1 assuming they don't fall to the 6th seed (they won't). Maybe they pull an upset over the Clippers or someone in the playoffs, but I still think they're a piece away from being able to upset the other 2 top teams.

I figured they'd be better defensively than they have been, and still think they'll start playing better in that regard. But while they don't have that one star back court/wing player, they have great depth and a really cohesive unit.

I like them a lot.

hugepatsfan
02-08-2013, 09:54 PM
You don't stand much of a shot in the NBA if you don't have a superstar.

Chronz
02-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Depending on how they enter the playoffs, Ill reserve judgement. Same could be said for alot of teams actually.

KnicksorBust
02-08-2013, 09:59 PM
You don't stand much of a shot in the NBA if you don't have a superstar.

Forget superstar. The Nuggets don't even have an All-Star.

JNoel
02-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Well they are loaded depth-wise, I would see them being a dark horse in the playoffs if they continue this run.

Guppyfighter
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Forget superstar. The Nuggets don't even have an All-Star.

All star game is a terrible way to judge players.

Becks2307
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
When the game slows down the playoffs they are gonna be in trouble. But I love watching them play.

Guppyfighter
02-08-2013, 10:03 PM
When the game slows down the playoffs they are gonna be in trouble. But I love watching them play.

They are good int he half court.

And fast teams only have problems if they are not as good as the other team.

Plenty of fast teams do well in the playoffs. Like the Spurs. Who are also good at the half court.

KnicksorBust
02-08-2013, 10:06 PM
All star game is a terrible way to judge players.

Just do me a favor and name me one title team that won the title without an All-Star. I'll be waiting patiently. :cool:

KnicksorBust
02-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Depending on how they enter the playoffs, Ill reserve judgement. Same could be said for alot of teams actually.

You can't be serious. You actually think the Nuggets could win the West?

Guppyfighter
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Just do me a favor and name me one title team that won the title without an All-Star. I'll be waiting patiently. :cool:

Well, a team has never won a title without a top five player or a top defense. They have neither, so will not win a title. Good spoiler team.

But yes, you are stupid for bringing up the fact they have no all stars.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-08-2013, 10:15 PM
KG would be perfect for that team. Too bad though that the Celtics are getting hot now and he would decline a trade to the Nuggets.

KnicksorBust
02-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Well, a team has never won a title without a top five player or a top defense. They have neither, so will not win a title. Good spoiler team.

But yes, you are stupid for bringing up the fact they have no all stars.

:laugh: Baitingggg.

And no they're not even a good spoiler team.

Knick_Fever
02-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Nuggets win 9th straight as they continue to fly under the radar.They are the most dangerous team in the league and no one is even taking notice.:facepalm:

Freakazoid
02-10-2013, 02:40 AM
I think they're one piece away from doing real damage. I don't think they can win it all since they'll encounter the same problems that they had last year when their offense went stagnant. They have a lot of assets on that team, they should put it to good use.

JEDean89
02-10-2013, 03:25 AM
I think they're one piece away from doing real damage. I don't think they can win it all since they'll encounter the same problems that they had last year when their offense went stagnant. They have a lot of assets on that team, they should put it to good use.

i would argue that they are just one or two of their young players taking it to the next level from being a OKC/SA type of good. they are the most athletic team in the league as evidenced by their devastating transition game and have 4-5 players who aren't quite their yet but if 2 of them can become an allstar, like say ty and gallo and iggy is already an olympian/allstar talent who just isn't as amazing offensively as allstars usually are then you have a really good trio of players that aren't overpaid. If Faried can continue his development he definitely can become an allstar. He has had some simply ridiculous games in his short career and everything he does is based off his motor. Nothing he does is based off the nuggets running plays for him rather the game presents opportunities for him and he takes them. He absolutely needs to improve his defense and his free throw shooting, they are the two things holding him back right now. The real wild card for the nuggets though and the one that will ultimately determine whether they can win a championship is the play they get from the center position. We all know Javale McGee is a unique talent and one who's ceiling is determined by his mental ability, not physical. I think he can be a good starter but I think he lacks the mental focus to ever hit his true potential. It's a long shot for him to do it but if he does the league needs to watch out. Physically he is the perfect center for the new faster nba. With so many teams going small so that they can run he is an anomaly, a 7 footer who can leap 12 feet in the air that can run like a wing player. Koufus though is the guy whose basket i'm putting my eggs into if i'm the nuggets. At 7 foot 265 pounds he is more physically imposing and though he doesn't look it he is a freak athlete also with a listed 38" vertical leap and a massive wingspan. He is a terrific rebounder but needs to continue to work on his offense. Still he is young, consistent and is really the only chance the nuggets have at getting a true low post threat. Though he doesn't run the floor quite like Javale he can still keep up and most importantly he only makes 3 mil a year. A lot less than Javale. So if the 3rd youngest team in the league can keep up with the solid player development they can really do some damage for yeras to come.

Sadds The Gr8
02-10-2013, 03:32 AM
they can't win a championship...but they'll probably win a round.

I love their style though. The way Faried rebounds and sends those outlets with 2 guys always on the break is sick

Guppyfighter
02-10-2013, 04:07 AM
:laugh: Baitingggg.

And no they're not even a good spoiler team.

The fourth seed in the west and the toughest home court is not a good spoiler?

setman2000
02-10-2013, 06:09 AM
9 in a row, best record in the NBA since Dec. 14th! Athletic, Deep, Better than the Nuggets team that once had a "Superstar" that couldn't get them out of the first round!

tp13baby
02-10-2013, 06:30 AM
The year Denver went to the WCF it was the weakest conference it has seen. Denver has been playing great. We have one of the best home records in the league. Ty Lawson, and Gallo have both gotten a ton better as the season has gone on. Im not saying we will win the west, cause of OKC, the Spurs and the Clips. But Denver is the 4th best in the west. We could of been in the top 2-3 if we had Ill Will healthy all year. Mozzy will most likely be traded for a piece. And lastly we are the third youngest team in the league. Lawson, Gallo, Ill Will, McGee, could all bloom into superstar talent. And for the allstar thing, Im fine with none. Just shows we are one of the deepest teams out there to produce a record like we have.

tp13baby
02-10-2013, 06:32 AM
The fourth seed in the west and the toughest home court is not a good spoiler?

He's a Knicks fan, the Knicks haven't done anything will a superstar. In the East Denver is third. If they played the East, they might be one or two.

jimm120
02-10-2013, 06:43 AM
I think they're "for real" to an extent.

I think they're the 4th best team in the West pretty easily. They'll beat whoever they play in round 1 assuming they don't fall to the 6th seed (they won't). Maybe they pull an upset over the Clippers or someone in the playoffs, but I still think they're a piece away from being able to upset the other 2 top teams.

I figured they'd be better defensively than they have been, and still think they'll start playing better in that regard. But while they don't have that one star back court/wing player, they have great depth and a really cohesive unit.

I like them a lot.

They're deep alright but still...any team that relies heavily on Gallo...don't know, I just feel like a team like that won't ever be legit.

setman2000
02-10-2013, 08:23 AM
They're deep alright but still...any team that relies heavily on Gallo...don't know, I just feel like a team like that won't ever be legit.

They don't rely heavily on Gallo, he's part of the TEAM and plays in the flow of the game like all the Nuggets do.

Manimal
02-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Gallo is important. But not the only guy.

Iguodala's defense, Lawson's penetration and Faried's hustle are just as important.

waveycrockett
02-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Who won the Knicks/Nuggets trade round 17!!!

D-Leethal
02-10-2013, 10:32 AM
They are a fun regular season team but are going to have an awfully hard time advancing in the playoffs. I would pick Memphis and a healthy GSW over them in a series. I could see them beating Houston or Utah though.

Becks2307
02-10-2013, 10:40 AM
9 in a row, best record in the NBA since Dec. 14th! Athletic, Deep, Better than the Nuggets team that once had a "Superstar" that couldn't get them out of the first round!

wait wait wait wait....didnt that "Superstar" take them to the Conference finals in 08/09?
And within 2 games of the finals?

calibird707
02-10-2013, 11:15 AM
The nuggys are hot simple and plain...lets see what they are doing going into the playoffs. I actually consider manimal on the cusp of being a superstar..his energy and tenacity are almost unmatched in this leauge.if they end up with a top 4 seed they can do some damage for sure..still alot of basketball to be played,but i would definitely say they are legit

Il Mago50
02-10-2013, 11:26 AM
wait wait wait wait....didnt that "Superstar" take them to the Conference finals in 08/09?
And within 2 games of the finals?

You mean Chauncey Billups, the star that calmed down Carmelo and company and was the main reason that team reached it's peak???

It's a team game. They might have a tough time beating OKC and LAC but besides that I think they could legitimately beat any of the other teams, Spurs included, with their athleticism-length-skill-depth mix.

tp13baby
02-10-2013, 05:38 PM

I think Lawson is more important than Gallo. We have wing players that can make up what Gallo does in Iggy, and especially Ill Will. When Lawson plays bad we are either in a dog fight or getting beat. This is Lawsons team. Gallo might be the third most important component to the team. The bigs have to give us energy cause that's about all they do.

Manimal
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Gallo is still the biggest scoring threat on the team. Ty, Gallo and Iggy are equally important.

MetroMan
03-19-2013, 10:57 PM
They just beat the thunders for the third time this year, stretching there win streak to 13. The thunders do not want to see the nuggets in the playoffs. Even though there in 5th place in the west, they would have been 2nd in the east. I think the only team that Denver would like to avoid is the clippers and spurs. But damn, these nuggets are for real.

Ezio
03-19-2013, 11:01 PM
They just beat the thunders for the third time this year, stretching there win streak to 13. The thunders do not want to see the nuggets in the playoffs. Even though there in 5th place in the west, they would have been 2nd in the east. I think the only team that Denver would like to avoid is the clippers and spurs. But damn, these nuggets are for real.

They're scaring and it's because of Miller.

CubsBullsBucs
03-19-2013, 11:01 PM

grammar check yo

JEDean89
03-19-2013, 11:02 PM
grammar check yo

you still mad about last night bro?

MetroMan
grammar check yo

FuQ da sheeet bruh

CubsBullsBucs
In response to the thread, yes I agree. I will be rooting for Denver come playoff time.

lol, please
03-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks for telling all of PSD who has your attention. This is why the NBA forum is such quality. No really.

Supreme LA
03-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Is it just me or does KD not really look or play like a superstar on most nights??

I mean this seriously. When you watch Lebron or Kobe play, it's as if every move they make brings commands to and responses from opposing defenses, but KD can most often times be contained in an isolation play with one on one coverage. I seriously wonder how good people would consider KD to be if the Thunder didn't have Westbrook who on most nights demands much more attention than KD himself does. Forget the fact that that the guy doesn't have a post game, but it seems to me most nights he is just a great spot up and catch & shoot shooter who can use his length in the paint.

I don't know...maybe i'm seeing something that other people aren't but I really do believe KD is far away from catching Lebron as a player and much less dominant than Kobe can be. Atleast that's what I've been seeing lately.

This is a serious question.

setman2000
03-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for telling all of PSD who has your attention. This is why the NBA forum is such quality. No really.

F U - why don't we have another Kobe or Lebron thread instead.

Supreme LA
03-19-2013, 11:13 PM

If you don't have anything to add then why even click on the thread and respond like a *******????

Chronz
03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Is it just me or does KD not really look or play like a superstar on most nights??

I mean this seriously. When you watch Lebron or Kobe play, it's as if every move they make brings commands to and responses from opposing defenses, but KD can most often times be contained in an isolation play with one on one coverage. I seriously wonder how good people would consider KD to be if the Thunder didn't have Westbrook who on most nights demands much more attention than KD himself does. Forget the fact that that the guy doesn't have a post game, but it seems to me most nights he is just a great spot up and catch & shoot shooter who can use his length in the paint.

I don't know...maybe i'm seeing something that other people aren't but I really do believe KD is far away from catching Lebron as a player and much less dominant than Kobe can be. Atleast that's what I've been seeing lately.

Ill answer your question if you answer mine.

Were you one of those who thought Harden shined because of all the "attention" those other players drew?

Chronz
03-19-2013, 11:20 PM
If you don't have anything to add then why even click on the thread and respond like a *******????

Agreed. Biggest annoyance, right next to the grammar police

Supreme LA
03-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Ill answer your question if you answer mine.

Were you one of those who thought Harden shined because of all the "attention" those other players drew?

Not at all, I knew Harden was a lefty stud with an unorthodox style everytime he faced off against Kobe. I also knew the guy gets away with more traveling than anybody else in the NBA lol. The fact that he's leading his own team now just goes to show what he is capable of doing with more minutes and the ball in his hands every time down the floor.

el hidalgo
03-19-2013, 11:25 PM

lol really bro? KD is on another level compared to kobe. kobe demands more attention because opposing defenses know he is more likely to take the shot and not pass the ball. durant shoots 3 less FG's per game but scores more poitns.

Supreme LA
03-19-2013, 11:27 PM
lol really bro? KD is on another level compared to kobe. kobe demands more attention because opposing defenses know he is more likely to take the shot and not pass the ball. durant shoots 3 less FG's per game but scores more poitns.

Dude, shut up. I'm definitely not asking you and after this post you're being blocked. Now go away.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Dude, shut up. I'm definitely not asking you and after this post you're being blocked. Now go away.

If you don't think Durant commands as much attention as anyone, you are wrong. However, the Thunder also have an elite PG to account for, so sure, the attention gets dispersed. Remember back in the beginning of the decade, when all the attention was going towards a 7'1", 330 center for LA, so their SG was able to get a ton of freedom? Players develop in different ways.

MetroMan
03-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Durant is like a silent fart, dangerous

MetroMan
03-19-2013, 11:36 PM

I see stupid people

Supreme LA
03-19-2013, 11:41 PM
If you don't think Durant commands as much attention as anyone, you are wrong. However, the Thunder also have an elite PG to account for, so sure, the attention gets dispersed. Remember back in the beginning of the decade, when all the attention was going towards a 7'1", 330 center for LA, so their SG was able to get a ton of freedom? Players develop in different ways.

I'm not saying he doesn't command as much attention, that's not my point. I'm referring to how his moves don't bring commands to the game the way Lebron's or Kobe's does. If you watch Lebron or Kobe, every little jab-step and every lead dribble to one hand or the other brings automatic responses, and even sometimes over-exaggerated responses from opposing defenses. This applies to both of their post-games now as well since Lebron has developed his.

When I watch KD play I just don't see that. Sure teams are sure to not give him open looks but I hardly see the guy really get double-teamed if ever and most often times he can be contained in an iso situation with a good defender. You can't do that with Kobe or Lebron. Whereas KD, often times gets his points off of screens for jumpers, catch and shoot, and slashing.

I just haven't seen the ability from KD to really take over a game in closing stretch runs where he is just unstoppable and dominant the way we expect superstars to be. Most often times, it's Westbrook who puts all the pressure on defenses. Nevermind, I don't think you'll get what I'm trying to say.

cmellofan15
03-19-2013, 11:49 PM
i'd go as far as to say the nuggets are hardest working team in the league right now. the energy these guys play with is unreal. back to back road games and they looked even sharper tonight then they did last night, especially late in the game.

DallasTrilla23
03-19-2013, 11:56 PM

I think the nuggets could beat The Clippers.

MetroMan
03-19-2013, 11:59 PM
I think the nuggets could beat The Clippers.

You may be right. I didn't realize Denver beat them 2-1 this year so far

tp13baby
03-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Denver is playing very well. The 13 game win streak is silent due to Miami. If anyone cares. Not a losing record for the west playoff teams. 6-6 on the road 18-6 overall.
Denver Record vs....
SAS: 1-1
OKC: 3-1
LAC: 2-1
Memphis: 3-1
GSW: 3-1
Rockets: 3-0
Lakers: 3-1

Mr_Amaziing
03-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Good game tonight, I'll give Denver Respect. Their a good team, They'll be very Dangerous come playoffs.
But even tho we blew this game, We just gotta stay focus. We'll get em next time

Minimal
03-20-2013, 12:09 AM
I've been saying it before the season started that Denver will be a contender. Now I'm believe they will be in the finals if they don't meet Spurs in the playoffs. Such a great hard working team and its really fun to watch them.

Game_Over
03-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Would you guys please quit talking about the Nuggets, I like flying under the radar!!

KingPosey
03-20-2013, 01:44 AM
As I always say, Andre miller has been criminally underrated his entire career, and now the team he anchors is in the same boat. The guy seems like he never peaked, he is as consistent as ever, he just comes off the bench.

He affects the game so many ways and he has always done it with his brain, and zero athleticism. That's probably why he never really peaked and fell off

Avenged
03-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Being a Lakers fan, I guess I'm suppose to not like the Nuggets but this is a totally different team now.. Especially if it means a possible Thunder elimination, I'm rooting for them all the way (postseason) until the Lakers are out.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-20-2013, 03:06 AM
I hate when Mcgee is in. He seems like he is every where with his long arms. I prefer Kofous in there if Im the opposing team.. The Nuggets are very good. I would not want any part of them if I was a contender. Even if you beat them and move on you will be tired from that track meet you were just invited to.

03-20-2013, 03:25 AM
Would you guys please quit talking about the Nuggets, I like flying under the radar!!

haha you know it, us denver fans have been supporting an underated team for so long we kinda gotten used to it. go denver woo woo :speechless:

tp13baby
03-20-2013, 03:50 AM
The fact is Denver is going up. Being the fourth youngest team gets me excited for what lies ahead. I like that we flew under the radar. We have performed well against west playoff teams. 10 of 22 losses are against teams that are not in the playoffs in the west or east which is mind blowing.

Knick_Fever
03-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Started this thread more than a month ago and just confirms that they are for real. They are the most "dangerous" team. If they can get passed the spurs, they'll be in the finals. They're a different breed and a threat to win it all.

kduce
03-20-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm excited to see them in the playoffs, for sure. I think the West could be interesting this year to watch, but in the end I see OKC going back to the finals to be honest.

koreancabbage
03-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Nugs are a great team to watch. Love them in the West and I like their chances.

Utd7
03-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I can see the Nuggets going to the WCF and depending on who they face, they have a shot at getting to the Finals.

BKLYNpigeon
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Nuggets have a really good shot of making it to the Finals.

George Carl deserves a ring.

AKA TheMamba
03-20-2013, 11:01 AM
With that win last night, Im even more inclined to say its just as impressive as the HEATs streak.. I just expect the Heats to win close to every game and challenge the Lakers streak.. Then again DAMN you Boston you had em!!!!

2-ONE-5
03-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Denver is better than LAC. Clips dont wanna see em in the playoffs.

king4day
03-20-2013, 11:10 AM
The West is wide open. OKC, SA, Denver, and to a lesser extent, Memphis and LAC. I'd love to see this Denver team reach the finals. If they did, that would also answer the question of who won the Melo trade. The depth they received has catapulted them.

Knick_Fever
03-20-2013, 11:10 AM
With that win last night, Im even more inclined to say its just as impressive as the HEATs streak.. I just expect the Heats to win close to every game and challenge the Lakers streak.. Then again DAMN you Boston you had em!!!!

They'll lose against the Bulls next week, then again against the Spurs.

king4day
03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
I merged the two threads as they are one in the same.

NYG+Braves
03-20-2013, 11:20 AM
In the win against OKC,they had 72 points in the paint. Now that is extremely impressive against a strong defensive team like OKC. Denver fans can thank NYK for all the players they gave them

ewing
03-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Get goose bumps air conditioning