PDA

View Full Version : Gordon for Humphries talked about

knicks=love
02-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly

Deception
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Lol why?

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
You cant spell Ship without Champion

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Man Jordan must really hate the Knicks.:facepalm:

Raps08-09 Champ
02-08-2013, 05:41 PM

:laugh2:

Raps08-09 Champ
02-08-2013, 05:41 PM

:laugh2:

knicks=love
02-08-2013, 05:42 PM

so you want to trade KH?

netsgiantsyanks
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29800000/Wut-XD-random-29839102-500-276.jpg

JerseysFinest
02-08-2013, 05:50 PM
I like this a lot for the Nets. They desperately need shooters to help with the floor spacing, and Humphries is seeing little to no PT anyway. Gordon is a pretty solid passer as well. Humphries barely plays, so it's not like the Nets are really giving up anything. We know from the offseason the Bobcats had interest in Humphries, so it makes sense.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Gordon is an efficient scorer. Hump is having a horrible year as an offensive big. The 25th letter in the alphabet is not enough for the thoughts in my head. MJ always trying to F' us. JR Smith hitting that shot piss you off so much? learn how to be a good GM you buffoon!

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 05:53 PM
so you want to trade KH?

Ben Gordon is better. So yes.

jmoney85
02-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I rather trade hump for a good defender

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Byron Russell should have elbowed his *** when he stiff armed him.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I smell a three team trade brewing. If Hump gets moved for Gordon, Marshon becomes expendable. Maybe a move for an upgrade at PF?

JerseysFinest
02-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Sums it up why this has to be done:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8930504/brooklyn-nets-charlotte-bobcats-talking-ben-gordon-kris-humphries-deal-sources-say

Ranked 21st in the league in 3-point shooting, Brooklyn regularly has seen opponents clog the lane.

Adding Gordon would help with the floor spacing so much. Nets also need that true sixth man type player to come off the bench, like a J.R. Smith, Ray Allen, esque player.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:01 PM
I smell a three team trade brewing. If Hump gets moved for Gordon, Marshon becomes expendable. Maybe a move for an upgrade at PF?
my guess

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=av4fjq2

jmoney85
02-08-2013, 06:01 PM
yea but gordon cant guard worth a lick... who cares how he shoots if he gives it up on the other end

bigsams50
02-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I like this trade for both teams. Nets get a shooter they need. And Charlotte gets a solid big man who just last year averaged 13 and 11, so its not like he can't play.

GunFactor187
02-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Be warned, Brooklyn, be warned...

- Detroit

Stunner
02-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Lol Brooks gets moved further down the bench

DoMeFavors
I like this trade for both teams. Nets get a shooter they need. And Charlotte gets a solid big man who just last year averaged 13 and 11, so its not like he can't play.

Yes Humphries is a good guy that lays it all on the line every night. But against teams on the road he is BOOED by their crowd.

DoMeFavors

- Detroit

Why?

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:06 PM

I know why Brooklyn wants this deal but I don't get why Charlotte would. If you're the Bobcats why don't you go after Mozgov or JJ Hickson. It makes no sense.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:07 PM

- Detroit

be warned what, homie is shooting 41% from three.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I know why Brooklyn wants this deal but I don't get why Charlotte would. If you're the Bobcats why don't you go after Mozgov or JJ Hickson. It makes no sense.

They wanted Humphries in the Summer. and I think Portland likes Hickson.

knicks=love
02-08-2013, 06:10 PM

- Detroit

he's actually having a good year...

JerseysFinest
02-08-2013, 06:11 PM
yea but gordon cant guard worth a lick... who cares how he shoots if he gives it up on the other end

That's the risk you have to take I guess. He isn't terrible, but then again he isn't Bruce Bowen. But think about it, every team that wants to contend has a player off the bench that can come in and shoot the lights out. Sure, they might not be the best defenders, but you need players who are consistent threats at the perimeter. Guys like Matt Bonner, Ray Allen, Kyle Korver, Steve Novak, etc. It really allows you to space the floor well, and with him playing next to Deron and Joe, it would certainly take pressure off of them and it'd be easier for them to score.

KniCks4LiFe
They wanted Humphries in the Summer. and I think Portland likes Hickson.

Alot of teams are going after Hickson underrated on those boards and is top 10 in getting those boards off/def.

bigsams50

Hump might come cheaper then the other two. I wouldn't mind Hickson though honestly

bigsams50
02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Yes Humphries is a good guy that lays it all on the line every night. But against teams on the road he is BOOED by their crowd.

Thats what i have seen. People seem to hate him for reasons that shouldn't matter. So he ****ed a Kardashian. Big deal lol

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Hump might come cheaper then the other two. I wouldn't mind Hickson though honestly

homie I don't like your gm/owner. I feel like he's trying to f__ us. B/c there are better options and the plus here Brooklyn gets a guy that nails big time shots, who is having an efficient offensive year too.

JOhnnyTHaJet
my guess

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=av4fjq2

Eh, not enough value for Marshon IMO.

JerseysFinest
Howard Beck just tweeted the Bobcats offered Gordon for Hump. So I'm guessing the ball is in the Nets' court.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:16 PM
up yours Micheal!

bigsams50
02-08-2013, 06:17 PM
homie I don't like your gm/owner. I feel like he's trying to f__ us. B/c there are better options and the plus here Brooklyn gets a guy that nails big time shots, who is having an efficient offensive year too.

A trade can be win win though. Helps both teams out

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-08-2013, 06:18 PM
A trade can be win win though. Helps both teams out

Gives both a change of scenery as well. Hump needs to start and Gordon wants to win.

knicks=love
02-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Eh, not enough value for Marshon IMO.

you're getting a back up center (capable of starting) who played really well in NY and isn't getting enough time in denver because of two other centers, and a veteran to come off the bench for someone who barely plays 11 minutes a game.. and you're saying that's not enough value? you reallllllly overvalue your team.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:29 PM
you're getting a back up center (capable of starting) who played really well in NY and isn't getting enough time in denver because of two other centers, and a veteran to come off the bench for someone who barely plays 11 minutes a game.. and you're saying that's not enough value? you reallllllly overvalue your team.

this. No srsly how is MJ allowed to GM after that request? what in the world does that do for CHA? he's not even letting it be a bidding war w/ another team a straight up trade w/ BRK? to add clutch shooter on their roster? when they are the #4 team in the east?

JerseysFinest
02-08-2013, 06:30 PM
But you're acting as if Mozgov actually has a ton of value. He really doesn't. Nuggets don't even need MarShon though, they have plenty of guards on their roster.

and @ Knicks4Life: You realize the Cats could actually use Humphries right? it's not like he's a completely useless player, the Nets just have too many players that can play the 4.

knicks=love
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
But you're acting as if Mozgov actually has a ton of value. He really doesn't. Nuggets don't even need MarShon though, they have plenty of guards on their roster.

they don't even need mozgov and in this league, having 3 capable starting centers is good. why would you complain about getting another one to back up lopez who has a history of injuries? idk why you're trying to argue this when i'm pretty much saying this a a good deal for you.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM

he does, he's just in an overloaded depth spot. McGee, Faried. They go small w/ Gallo at C at times and etc.

Robbw241
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
This makes sense since Hump isn't playing and we could use Gordon to space the floor. But this means more Reggie Evans starting :cry:

Metsboi69
02-08-2013, 06:34 PM
The issue here is the Nets don't really have any other players they can package for other higher priced trade targets. I think without that issue this trade gets done based on talent and need alone. But unless the Nets can try and swing a three way deal for a starting PF involving a guy like Marshon and picks I think they hold on to Hump until right up to the deadline to assess options, or possibly keep him until next year where his expiring is much more valuable.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-08-2013, 06:34 PM

This. I'm not overvaluing Marshon because I'm a fan of the Nets, his value seems pretty obvious. He's a good scoring SG, who can handle the ball, and his contract is very attractive for teams with cap trouble (cheap rookie deal).

Moz would be interesting but we could get more.

JasonJohnHorn
02-08-2013, 06:40 PM
If they are willing to trade Humph, and are willing to take on a bad contract to do so, then they should get something better than an undersized SG (or a PG wiht no ball handling skills, depending on how you look at Ben Gordon).

Don't get me wrong. I respect Ben Gordan. He is talented, but I think that he only fits into certain systems. If he's on a $#!T team that needs a scorer, he's great, or if he's coming off the bench for a PG on a team that has a secondary ball handler (like say, coming off the bench Chalmbers while LBJ handles the ball, or for Rondo while PP handles the ball), then that's fine. I guess he could work in BK is JJ handles the ball when he's on the court.

Humph is a solid double-double player. I'm sure there are a lot of teams who would be interested in him. Call up the Bucks and see if they can get Jennings and Dalembert in a package deal, though I'm sure the Bucks want to get back more than Humph for Jennings.

The Lakers I'm sure would love to take Humph off BK's hands (though I'm not sure they have the pieces for it).

They might even do well to call up Sac-town, who has a plethora of guards. The Heat might have a couple pieces that would fit in well in BK too.... Ray Allen or Shane Battier? Miami could bolster their rebounding with Humphries. Or maybe they could work out a trade for Josh Smith! Then sign him to a max deal and have 4 max-deal guys on their roster!

Regardless, there are a lot of scnerarios for a Humph trade. He's a young stud that can rebound, and every team needs that.

JerseysFinest
02-08-2013, 06:40 PM
they don't even need mozgov and in this league, having 3 capable starting centers is good. why would you complain about getting another one to back up lopez who has a history of injuries? idk why you're trying to argue this when i'm pretty much saying this a a good deal for you.

Lol history of injuries? The man goes almost 2 years without missing a game, and the one injury he has people claim he has a history of injuries. That's besides the point though. No one is trying to argue that the deal is bad, because i personally think it'd be nice for the Nets. All I'm saying is I think the Nets could get slightly more for him, I've seen on some Nets fan sites that GM's like him a lot.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Lol history of injuries? The man goes almost 2 years without missing a game, and the one injury he has people claim he has a history of injuries. That's besides the point though. No one is trying to argue that the deal is bad, because i personally think it'd be nice for the Nets. All I'm saying is I think the Nets could get slightly more for him, I've seen on some Nets fan sites that GM's like him a lot.

He went 3 straight years of 82 games.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:43 PM
This. I'm not overvaluing Marshon because I'm a fan of the Nets, his value seems pretty obvious. He's a good scoring SG, who can handle the ball, and his contract is very attractive for teams with cap trouble (cheap rookie deal).

Moz would be interesting but we could get more.

Homie I like MarShon too but unless he young Kobe get what you can get. This is year 2 for him. And it's 3 more yrs. you think he's breaking the starting 5 in Brooklyn, you signed Joe for a reason.

I don't like this deal for Charlotte. I feel MJ made this (request) deal as an up yours to the Knicks. Ben Gordon is a threat. If you can do the deal I presented there. It's

JJ
Dwill
Wallace
Blatche
Lopez

bench

Watson
Gordon
DJames (filler)
Tele
Mozgov

the game may end with

Williams
Gordon
JJ
Lopez
Blatche or Mozgov

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Mozgov is one of the worst players in the league, NO!

JerseysFinest
02-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Homie I like MarShon too but unless he young Kobe get what you can get. This is year 2 for him. And it's 3 more yrs. you think he's breaking the starting 5 in Brooklyn, you signed Joe for a reason.

I don't like this deal for Charlotte. I feel MJ made this (request) deal as an up yours to the Knicks. Ben Gordon is a threat. If you can do the deal I presented there. It's

JJ
Dwill
Wallace
Blatche
Lopez

bench

Watson
Gordon
DJames (filler)
Tele
Mozgov

the game may end with

Williams
Gordon
JJ
Lopez
Blatche or Mozgov

Hmmm, you might be on to something here.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-08-2013, 06:50 PM

JJ
Dwill
Wallace
Blatche
Lopez

bench

Watson
Gordon
DJames (filler)
Tele
Mozgov

the game may end with

Williams
Gordon
JJ
Lopez
Blatche or Mozgov

Teams wouldn't be trading for Marshon because he's the next kobe, teams would be trading for him to be the next Jamall Crawford or JR Smith. An instant offense guy off the bench is needed for tons of teams in this league. He's locked to whatever team he's on for the next 3 years (including this year). Teams like the Jazz or even Hawks that need guards would certainly be interested in acquiring him.

To be honest, he may be moved in a deal that gets us Millsap, since Utahs offers have been rumored to be minimal. (not just him of course, pieces would also be sent there)

And no this is not a pipedream with Millsap, this has been talked about for awhile between different writers like Peter Vescey.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 06:53 PM
If you get Milsap for Brooks I'd run shirtless and in boxers in this blizzard. Jazz's gm ain't that desperate.

black1605
02-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm all for it if it's straight up.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-08-2013, 06:59 PM
If you get Milsap for Brooks I'd run shirtless and in boxers in this blizzard. Jazz's gm ain't that desperate.

It has been talked about and the Nets have interest.

A three team trade between the Nets, Bobcats, and Jazz isn't out of the question IMO. Jazz could get assets out of both the Nets and the Bobcats.

jmoney85
02-08-2013, 07:06 PM

that would actually be a great trade for utah

you're out of contention and trade an expiring millsap for a high ceiling brooks.... thats a slammin deal for utah if you really look at it

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-08-2013, 07:08 PM

you're out of contention and trade an expiring millsap for a high ceiling brooks.... thats a slammin deal for utah if you really look at it
We'd be adding picks to that as well. I'm not sure if they could get much better in a sign and trade next season.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-08-2013, 07:08 PM

We'd be adding picks to that as well. I'm not sure if they could get much better in a sign and trade next season.

STL Don
02-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Nice, solid move for both teams. The Nets don't need Humphries and Gordon is a player who can spread the floor and help their struggles from beyond the arc.
Humphries will go to a team where he can be more of a centerpiece and have the chance to play more minutes and become more of a factor.

KnicksorBust
02-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Sums it up why this has to be done:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8930504/brooklyn-nets-charlotte-bobcats-talking-ben-gordon-kris-humphries-deal-sources-say

Adding Gordon would help with the floor spacing so much. Nets also need that true sixth man type player to come off the bench, like a J.R. Smith, Ray Allen, esque player.

I definately think Gordon would help spread the floor although he would bring the defense down another level while doing it...

Teams wouldn't be trading for Marshon because he's the next kobe, teams would be trading for him to be the next Jamall Crawford or JR Smith. An instant offense guy off the bench is needed for tons of teams in this league. He's locked to whatever team he's on for the next 3 years (including this year). Teams like the Jazz or even Hawks that need guards would certainly be interested in acquiring him.

To be honest, he may be moved in a deal that gets us Millsap, since Utahs offers have been rumored to be minimal. (not just him of course, pieces would also be sent there)

And no this is not a pipedream with Millsap, this has been talked about for awhile between different writers like Peter Vescey.

This is what I don't get. If Marshon Brooks is going to be the next JR Smith, Jamal Crawford type then why clog him with Gordon?

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 12:29 AM
This is what I don't get. If Marshon Brooks is going to be the next JR Smith, Jamal Crawford type then why clog him with Gordon?

Well if they have something set up where they would in fact trade Marshon, getting Gordon would be an exceptional replacement.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Well if they have something set up where they would in fact trade Marshon, getting Gordon would be an exceptional replacement.

It doesn't add up to me. What would they be trading Brooks for a PF? They don't need any other positions... So they trade Brooks for a PF and Humphries for Gordon? It just seems like a bizarre flip-flop to me. And it seems unrealistic that a good Brooks trade is just waiting in the wings.

29$JerZ
02-09-2013, 12:59 AM
What I don't get is I've been told by Net fans here Brooks doesn't play a lick of D so he doesn't get much minutes. So Gordon does? I need further explaining.

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 01:51 AM
What I don't get is I've been told by Net fans here Brooks doesn't play a lick of D so he doesn't get much minutes. So Gordon does? I need further explaining.

Ben Gordon is an all star type of player, Marshon is a young player that hasnt proved anything.

knicks=love
02-09-2013, 01:59 AM
Mozgov is one of the worst players in the league, NO!

:laugh:

kblo247
02-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Gordon would help mostly because he could slide Joe and Wallace down a spot a piece. They are too slow to be a 2 and a 3, too fat even. Same can be said for the new Baron Davis, I mean Deron Williams, so getting a motivate Gordon to come in at SG on O and chase PGs on D wouldn't hurt as they would open the floor up for Lopez

Legitimate
02-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Ben Gordon is an all star type of player, Marshon is a young player that hasnt proved anything.

Sorry DMF, but I had to bite. NO WAY BEN GORDON IS A ALLSTAR, maybe borderline allstar at best...

AddiX
02-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Why would anyone want crack baby Brooks? I feel dirty just watching him.

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Why would anyone want crack baby Brooks? I feel dirty just watching him.

His upside. He's a streak shooter, just needs time and has 3 yrs. cheap on his contract remaining.

I'm just trying to understand why anyone wouldn't want Mozgov.

efficiency on offense and the fact he has playoff experience and has been known to torch some of the better teams in the east is huge reason why. I mean as a starter you don't have to worry about him but off the bench he'd cause some major damage w/ the greenlight vs the 2 units in the east.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 03:13 AM
It doesn't add up to me. What would they be trading Brooks for a PF? They don't need any other positions... So they trade Brooks for a PF and Humphries for Gordon? It just seems like a bizarre flip-flop to me. And it seems unrealistic that a good Brooks trade is just waiting in the wings.

We don't have a starting PF, Reggie isn't a starter and Hump didnt pan out to be one either. Hump and Gordons contracts are very similar, meaning next year he becomes more attractive as a huge expiring and contributes to the team this year, that by itself becomes a win win. With Bogans getting more minutes, Marshon would most likely need to be moved. Getting someone like Millsap isn't off base by any means, Utah hasn't been offered much at all, getting Marshon, picks, and maybe Tyshawn Taylor (or a player from the Bobcats in a three team trade) would be beneficial for Utah instead of losing him for nothing.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 03:15 AM
Marshon has never been that great of a three point shooter, something we desperately need. Gordon helps to stretch the floor and still has the expiring value Hump does next season.

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Marshon has never been that great of a three point shooter, something we desperately need. Gordon helps to stretch the floor and still has the expiring value Hump does next season.

Plain and simple he'd cause trouble for the Knicks, Bulls, Pacers and Heat defending the perimeter and rotating on the floor defense.

flclfanman
02-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Gordon is a rich man's Nate Robinson.

When he's on, he's deadly and can give you a huge boost off the bench.

When he's off... whoo boy...:facepalm:

Not to mention, dat defense...:puke:

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Plain and simple he'd cause trouble for the Knicks, Bulls, Pacers and Heat defending the perimeter and rotating on the floor defense.

Definitely. We need a guy who can go on a hot streak since Deron and Joe seem to not be able to do so this year.

netsgiantsyanks
02-09-2013, 07:58 AM

there's no explanation, brooks D is just a excuse to not play him. its ****ing sad.

CaptainClutch
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
On the defensive end, Marshon Brooks and Ben Gordon are on the same level. However, Brooks definitely shows immaturity at times with how he handles the basketball (similar to Andray Blatche). They just assume once they catch the ball, its an iso for them.

With that being said, I see Marshon as the next piece to fall. There's no opportunity for him in Brooklyn to really develop his game and with PJ loving Keith Bogans on the defensive end late in games (offense / defense) sub with Gordon and Bogs, it'll tighten the rotation and make sure we don't give up leads or create larger deficits for ourselves

Nyc4You
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM

I haven't seen him hit big time shots ever since that Chi-Boston series in the playoffs. Once he left chicago he regressed. Maybe a change of scenery might bring him back to life. **** was crazy. Other than that, this guy can go bat **** crazy from 3. Didn't he have a 9-9 game from deep last year? He was on some Sprewell type ****.

waveycrockett
02-09-2013, 12:25 PM
I haven't seen him hit big time shots ever since that Chi-Boston series in the playoffs. Once he left chicago he regressed. Maybe a change of scenery might bring him back to life. **** was crazy. Other than that, this guy can go bat **** crazy from 3. Didn't he have a 9-9 game from deep last year? He was on some Sprewell type ****.

He regressed because he's been on some garbage teams. I think if he's asked to play that Jason Terry role he will be great at it.

DoMeFavors
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Sorry DMF, but I had to bite. NO WAY BEN GORDON IS A ALLSTAR, maybe borderline allstar at best...

Yeah I didnt say all star I said caliber all star. Like JR Smith and Jamal Crawford who depending on what team are talked about by analysts as all stars.

waveycrockett
02-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah I didnt say all star I said caliber all star. Like JR Smith and Jamal Crawford who depending on what team are talked about by analysts as all stars.

I think you should probably have said Jason Terry who got Allstar consideration in Dallas. I think they are very similar. If you leave Ben Gordon open he will destroy you.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 04:55 PM
I think this works for all teams involved, including firsts going to the Bobcats from the Jazz (2015 top 16 protected) and the Nets (2013).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7349ub

black1605
02-09-2013, 05:07 PM
I think this works for all teams involved, including firsts going to the Bobcats from the Jazz (2015 top 16 protected) and the Nets (2013).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7349ub

Obviously you would like that trade as a Nets fan, but I wouldn't be interested in losing Sessions and Gordon just to get two mid to late round draft picks and Humphries.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Obviously you would like that trade as a Nets fan, but I wouldn't be interested in losing Sessions and Gordon just to get two mid to late round draft picks and Humphries.

This was my explanation over at Netsdaily:

Jazz give up Milsap for Sessions (a PG they desperately need), Marshon (cheap young SG), and Tele (traded for Salary purposes but the Jazz can certainly work with him).

Bobcats give up Gordon (swap with Hump so its even) and Sessions (now this is the harder part of the trade but I think getting Burks and picks helps them in the future) for Hump (they need a starting PF), Burks (needs a change of scenery, still has potential, and is cheap), and Stack (who might be bought out in this deal). The Bobcats essentially set themselves up for a big trade in 2013 with a big expiring in Hump and multiple picks including the Nets/Jazz/Bulls and their own.

Like I said in that quote, Sessions is the hardest part of the deal but I think acquiring draft picks and having a more secure expiring in Hump could set you guys in for a big trade in the offseason. Although, i understand your gripe about the deal.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 05:20 PM

I was also throwing around this idea in my head too. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auqdtgf almost the same trade but you guys end up with Marshon.

Rockice_8
02-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I was also throwing around this idea in my head too. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auqdtgf almost the same trade but you guys end up with Marshon.

I like that trade for all teams. I think if the nets throw Utah a 1st this year they might bite. They might not want to deal millsap anymore maybe Jefferson only but if they are looking to deal him I hope the nets can swing it.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Peter Vecsey on WFAN:

“I don’t beleive they would get Ben Gordon to keep him, talk has been going on for 3 weeks, they would use Hump to get Gordon and would use him with Marshon to get that PF”

Asked if he knew what PF they want:

“I do but I’m not gonna say it.”

Sounds like Millsap to me, hes been hinting at him for awhile.