PDA

View Full Version : Should the Lakers Trade Kobe/Gasol/Nash

farren.louis
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Its obvious Dwight doesn't want to play with Kobe. Dwight is in his prime yet Kobe is 34 Nash 40 Gasol 33. Suppose the Lakers trade those 3 to built around dwight. Will Lakers fans accept that? It seems like the smart thing to do. If dwight leaves in free agency; what do the lakers have to build on? Their future seems 3x worse than it is today.

Wade n Fade
02-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Kobe: No, he has a no trade clause. He is the face of the franchise, and he has the most expensive contract in the NBA. That's like trying to trade Alex Rodriguez.

Gasol: I don't know why teams are still enamored with him. He is getting too hurt constantly. His contract is still expensive for the next year or two. Sure, money coming off the books in a few years is nice, and he has a good post up game, but his age and health mark red flags to me. I wouldn't trade for Gasol.

Nash: I would love to have him on a team as a PG but not for a lot of money. He is older, and J-Kidd shows old dudes can still play at a high level with respect to their age. Nash is one of the most intelligent players in the NBA right now. He could definitely help a contender needing a PG.

RaiderLakersA's
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Its obvious Dwight doesn't want to play with Kobe. Dwight is in his prime yet Kobe is 34 Nash 40 Gasol 33. Suppose the Lakers trade those 3 to built around dwight. Will Lakers fans accept that? It seems like the smart thing to do. If dwight leaves in free agency; what do the lakers have to build on? Their future seems 3x worse than it is today.

Kobe has a no trade clause. Further, there are lucrative business relationships that would keep Kobe a Laker even if he didn't have the clause.

Gasol, as it turns out, should have been traded two years ago. In fact, he was traded. Thanks, Stern. Now that he's older and injured, you won't get much for Gasol.

Nash is just Nash. He's not the spry ball handler that he used to be. He would not command much in terms of a trade.

As for Dwight, he's not 100% healthy. It would be a mistake to trade him unless you're getting a proven superstar in return. No, I don't see any teams making that deal. Not when there is the possiblity that Dwight might walk at the end of the season anyway.

HouRealCoach
02-08-2013, 04:45 PM
There are currently 4 players that cannot be traded under any circumstance in the NBA... Duncan, Kobe, Dirk, & Pierce

Maybe add Wade to that list in a couple of years

Wade n Fade
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
If I was Kupchek, I would try to trade Dwight to New Jersey. I rather get out with a big like Lopez. If not, Minny works. Trade for Kevin Love. Dwight shows he is just a drama queen. A lot of the centers with talent are also drama queens: DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Javale McGee (if he could screw his head straight, he could have better #s.), etc. Most of those guys problems is the lack of energy and love of the game. Dwight is just having a tamper tantrum. Kobe can only get you far. The coaching sucks. From Brown to Pringles, not a good system. Why did Jim Buss think a quick up and down offense could work with lengthy bigs and no bench and old people? Give Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson, or Greg Popovich, and the Lakers would be contenders.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Trade Dwight or Gasol for some pieces that fit and make a run at it next year with a balanced lineup. Rockets have plenty of pieces they can get for Dwight - Asik, Patterson, Parsons, picks - what LA fans wouldn't want that? Trade Gasol for some PG depth and shooters. Try to trade Metta for anyone that is a better current fit.

Asik
Gasol
Parsons
Kobe
Nash

That team contends IMO, if they put together a solid bench.

Hellcrooner
02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
you are singing to the choir.

its been months , since watching how things are going i started saying this:

1 trade pau packed wiht artest for Expirings and FUTURE picks.

2 Trade nash packed with blake for expirings, if we have to give up one of the previously adquired future picks, so be it.

3 Talk to dwight, tell him he is the man going forward but he needs to resign.

4,AMENSTY KOBe, ( bobcats will claim, you can take that to the bank).

5 ( this is new) resign clark ONLY if he accepts a LOW salary.

6 Go for Paul , he wont reject playign with howard.

7 fill the teams with one year deals.

8, here you goooooooooooooo 2014 either Melo, or lebron, or Mayo or gay, or wait one more year for Love.

9 colletc ring/s.

worst case scenario? howard does still not sign back:
ok, still amnesty kobe.
Start from ground 0 ( we have our pick next season) wiht a cleen sheet salary cap, we can STILl attract top talent in 2014 or 2015 we ARE THE ****ING LAKERS.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Trading Dwight will also allow them to replace the picks they traded for Nash and rebuild-while-contending.

beliges
02-08-2013, 05:08 PM

You cant built a championship team around Dwight. Plain and simple, he is not good enough or mentally strong enough for that roll. Dont think the Lakers are dumb enough to make that mistake and become the Orlando Magic of the West (which means no playoffs). Furthermore, I dont think Laker fans are dumb enough to accept a team built entirely on Dwight because they know Dwight is not good enough to carry a team on his own.

king4day
02-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Should they? Yes. Especially Nash. He can still reap a nice return due to the length of his contract. Not sure how Pacer fans feel but what if Nash was dealt to Indy?

Blitzace137
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Trading Dwight will also allow them to replace the picks they traded for Nash and rebuild-while-contending.

PHX might end up getting a solid pick. Who would have thought that the Lakers might miss the playoffs to start the season :)

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Dwight is the problem. He has been exposed this year.

Blitzace137
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Nash for Felton and Novak get it done.

popo85
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Nash yes Gasol Maybe

ManRam
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Gasol's hurt, so I doubt he's moved.

Kobe shouldn't be moved, and I'm not sure how many teams would pounce at him and his contract. They'd never get fair value.

Nash maybe, but I can't see them moving him. What role does he even play on that team with Kobe in his backcourt? He's not playing a valuable role IMO. He's expendable.

But yeah...none of them are going anywhere.

I would trade all of them before I moved Dwight. Why move a guy who's far from 100%...and who is by far the youngest of them all? He's the only guy that could be a franchise pick. He's gotta be their priority.

And he hasn't been "exposed". He's just far from 100%. Pretending like this is what the Lakers will get from him if he re-signs is hilarious to me. Any Lakers fan that thinks that deserves to have him walk. They'll rue that day forever

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Nash for Novak and Felton.. Haha, you LAL fanboys seem to think teams are going to want Nash or Gasol. Nash decided his fate the moment he went to LAL and found out Kobe won't give him the ball to make plays.

Sssmush
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
OP has got it backward.

What I'm seeing is that Gasol is MORE valuable than he's been given credit for. I mean sure Dwight is a big deal for NBA incorporated, so we probably have no choice but to keep him, let's be honest.

But we just saw Lakers on a serious win streak with Pau no Dwight, then Dwight comes back, plays weak and no intensity, and the losing starts right back up. And OP says now we gotta trade Pau AND Kobe, just to make room for Dwight to be another Orlando?? That's a joke.

We first of all need a proper coach, if we're even going to learn from and benefit from this losing season. Period. Unless we just want to vindictively watch Dantoni eat **** for a few more months and see what his emotional breaking point is--when does he break down in tears and start shrieking at the press conference like Mugatu with the Lakers at 20 games below 500