PDA

View Full Version : Was Dwight Really Hurt?

Tymathee
02-08-2013, 11:32 AM
it looked like he was fine but lame ducked it to prove a point, thoughts?

Decimotox
02-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Well, we won games with him out...so not sure he proved a point other than that he is a large vagina.

Also, I don't think Dwight would do that, but if he did, I have lost even more respect for him.

waveycrockett
02-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Well, we won games with him out...so not sure he proved a point other than that he is a large vagina.

Also, I don't think Dwight would do that, but if he did, I have lost even more respect for him.
He did it to Orlando

handle
02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
He's been diagnosed with a torn labrum. Could you be suggesting the doctors are lying? Of course he was hurt. The people in here *****ing about Dwight's injuries would probably be in a full body sling, sipping out of a straw if they were in his shoes.

lakerfan85
02-08-2013, 11:46 AM
He's been diagnosed with a torn labrum. Could you be suggesting the doctors are lying? Of course he was hurt. The people in here *****ing about Dwight's injuries would probably be in a full body sling, sipping out of a straw if they were in his shoes.

Actually I have similar injuries and I'm only in a half body sling...:D

LakerRaffy
02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Dude,
Trade this bum. He's a baby. This guy will never win a chip!!! Better do it Jimmy.

LakerRaffy
02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Shoot, Id rather have Brook Lopez!:mad:

socalpkrbkr
02-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Was he hurt? He still is. Torn labrums don't just heal themselves. That said, I fully expect him to play. He will not be the same player with this injury but he should still be able to play.

Tymathee
02-08-2013, 01:17 PM
He's had the same injury for a while and the DAY he hurt it he had 20+ rebounds. he's had several days off to heal and rest and came out and just went bum on us.

Now, i dont know how much of it is chemistry or what but yeah, it just looked bad last night, they better smash Charlotte tonight.

Jenceman
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Dude is obviously hurt. He's still not even the Dwight from last season, probably around 75%. Labrum torn, back still healing, can't feel his legs sometimes, nerve damage. Even with the Magic, with him constantly wanting to leave, he gave it his all on the court.

Vinylman
02-08-2013, 01:59 PM
obviously he was hurt....

he has probably been medically cleared to play since the Detroit game... I was surprised he didn't play against brooklyn because metta was out but i am sure if Pau hadn't been available in detroit and beyond D12 would have played.

Again though peoples frustrations with D12 are borne out of the myth that this team was gonna make a run...

rent a clue people ... fully healthy this team wasn't going anywhere...

the coach sucks, the bench sucks and the team is old as dirt...

People need to be focusing on the long term... time to accumulate assets: trade pau, trade artest, trade nash

lakers4sho
02-08-2013, 02:31 PM
obviously he was hurt....

he has probably been medically cleared to play since the Detroit game... I was surprised he didn't play against brooklyn because metta was out but i am sure if Pau hadn't been available in detroit and beyond D12 would have played.

Again though peoples frustrations with D12 are borne out of the myth that this team was gonna make a run...

rent a clue people ... fully healthy this team wasn't going anywhere...

the coach sucks, the bench sucks and the team is old as dirt...

People need to be focusing on the long term... time to accumulate assets: trade pau, trade artest, trade nash

Too sentimental

jaydubb
02-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Well, we won games with him out...so not sure he proved a point other than that he is a large vagina.Also, I don't think Dwight would do that, but if he did, I have lost even more respect for him.

:nod:

GibbyIsMyHero
02-08-2013, 04:52 PM

Matt Kemp swung a baseball bat for more than a month with a torn labrum. Admittedly, he didn't do so very effectively, but he still managed to hit a few bombs and play better than the average MLB player.

Nobody is claiming that the doctors are lying, just that maybe Dwight isn't as hurt as he's allowing himself to come off. Afterall, a torn labrum should have a much more painful impact on a guy swinging a 33 ounce bat at 85+ mph, right?

The dude is obviously hurt and no one is doubting it. The concern is that if he can play through it, why isn't he? The problem is that if he can't play through it, only he really knows.

Unfortunately for Dwight, Kobe has set a remarkable precedent for playing with vigor through some pretty rough injuries. Dwight's effort last night implies that he is not of similar ilk.

handle
02-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Afterall, a torn labrum should have a much more painful impact on a guy swinging a 33 ounce bat at 85+ mph, right?

I would say no. Somebody swings a bat with two arms, so the uninjured arm will compensate / relieve some tension during the swing at some point... plus, it's a completely different motion: swinging across your body versus up and down.

Think about 275 Dwight going up for a dunk in one direction, and at the same time, another 250LB+ player swinging downward... when those two arms meet, the force of impact must dwarf that of somebody swinging a bat with two arms.

Not to mention, baseball players don't have to deal with players on the other team deliberately going after their injury. Did anybody notice those slimeballs Garnett and Pierce at the beginning of yesterday's game? Hanging on Dwight's injured arm... at one point Garnett wrenched it across his body, clearly with the intent of getting Dwight out of the game.

Lakers Ghost
02-08-2013, 05:18 PM

midwestlaker75
02-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Dwight at 100% did not, does not and has no plan to be a Laker. Yes he is injured, I get that and if he cannot play, Then he shouldn't. But what i'm speaking on is the intestinal fortitude or lack therof of a guy who is not a clutch player. Does not show up when the money is on the table. I just keep looking back to the 09'Finals when Pau and a one legged Bynum roasted his arse. Had it not been for Turkoglu they probably would have gotten swept. Guy is just a cancer and he needs to be gone, Because if you think that he will lead this team in the future, You will be sadly mistaken. We could have done better in the trade!

GibbyIsMyHero
02-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I would say no. Somebody swings a bat with two arms, so the uninjured arm will compensate / relieve some tension during the swing at some point

I'm not sure this is the argument you really wanted to make. The labrum is the shock absorption part of the joint. A batter's swing generates FAR more torque on the shoulder than anything in a basketball player's typical responsibilities. Your assumption that the back arm will provide some relief of that torque
does not appear accurate. The front shoulder generates most of the torque and bat speed while the back arm is responsible more for applying additional resistance upon the point of impact. Additionally, Kemp has a one handed follow through which contributes to the torque even further.

Like I implied, I'm not hating on Dwight, I think he really does feel pain. Its the apparent lack of effort that seems to be the subject of everyone's ire.

KillaInstinct24
02-08-2013, 06:35 PM
shaq said his labrum is still torn. so then there's that. the injuries keep piling up and they're things that probably will never heal 100%. pray he walks

Tymathee
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Matt Kemp swung a baseball bat for more than a month with a torn labrum. Admittedly, he didn't do so very effectively, but he still managed to hit a few bombs and play better than the average MLB player.

Nobody is claiming that the doctors are lying, just that maybe Dwight isn't as hurt as he's allowing himself to come off. Afterall, a torn labrum should have a much more painful impact on a guy swinging a 33 ounce bat at 85+ mph, right?

The dude is obviously hurt and no one is doubting it. The concern is that if he can play through it, why isn't he? The problem is that if he can't play through it, only he really knows.

Unfortunately for Dwight, Kobe has set a remarkable precedent for playing with vigor through some pretty rough injuries. Dwight's effort last night implies that he is not of similar ilk.

I forgot about taht, Kemp was clearly in pain

I would say no. Somebody swings a bat with two arms, so the uninjured arm will compensate / relieve some tension during the swing at some point... plus, it's a completely different motion: swinging across your body versus up and down.

Think about 275 Dwight going up for a dunk in one direction, and at the same time, another 250LB+ player swinging downward... when those two arms meet, the force of impact must dwarf that of somebody swinging a bat with two arms.

Not to mention, baseball players don't have to deal with players on the other team deliberately going after their injury. Did anybody notice those slimeballs Garnett and Pierce at the beginning of yesterday's game? Hanging on Dwight's injured arm... at one point Garnett wrenched it across his body, clearly with the intent of getting Dwight out of the game.

Kemp was an outfielder and he's right handed, so when he had to catch a ball he had to put his left hand up, and when swinging the force is on that left shoulder when you swing, that's your driving arm, if that arm is weak, you cant' get a proper swing.

also consider sliding, and other things. He was in a lot of pain and still played (he sucked) but he played.

Decimotox
02-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Hard baseball swings are actually around 110 mph. Source: I'm a baseball player

GibbyIsMyHero
02-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Hard baseball swings are actually around 110 mph. Source: I'm a baseball player

I believe you're referring to "exit speed" of the ball after impact.
The average pro "bat speed" is generally considered to in the mid 80's.

Source: I'm a baseball player too, but I'm not even close to that. :cheers:

PGLakers
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
the hell....