PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James reconsidering the dunk contest?

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 01:40 AM
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/299739331143274496

What do you think he means?

SMH!
02-08-2013, 01:46 AM
Ha Ha Ha.

gatkins11
02-08-2013, 01:47 AM
He's trolling.

Sadds The Gr8
02-08-2013, 01:47 AM
he's full of ****

wizardsfan3
02-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Ha Ha Ha.

WickedBadMan
02-08-2013, 01:55 AM
It means "let me try and inject myself into something I was too gutless to do after telling everyone I would AT a dunk contest and steal the limelight from those who actually had the testicles to sign up".

Plugged it in the translator and that popped out.

Stunner
02-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Winner faces Lebron in a dunk off

justinnum1
02-08-2013, 02:07 AM
he's trolling lol

blastmasta26
02-08-2013, 02:09 AM
I wish he would do one though. It's a shame we won't be able to see a great athlete like him do it.

Tmath
02-08-2013, 02:18 AM
I think he's just asking everyone who they think will win.

KingPosey
02-08-2013, 02:20 AM
This is what the third time he has done this with a dunk contest, even one time flat out saying he would enter? Nah ill Pass LBJ, I don't need to see you dunk that badly.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:21 AM
You can't lie, the All Star dunk contest would reach huge ratings with LeBron.

KingPosey
02-08-2013, 02:21 AM
I think he's just asking everyone who they think will win.

No it's not or he would have asked that. He did this purposefully and it worked.

DallasTrilla23
02-08-2013, 02:25 AM
lmao such a troll

asandhu23
02-08-2013, 04:47 AM
won't ever do it.

ESaady
02-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Lebron just needs some pizza.

Supa
02-08-2013, 05:36 AM
He can't win this year, therefore he won't try. Maybe in a lesser year when he feels safe to come out.

---

kntresistheheat
02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
He won't do it.

magikmc
02-08-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm a huge LeBron fan, but its pointless for him to enter the dunk competition. He won't win, plain and simple. It doesn't make him any less of a player. He's what? 6'9" and 250+lbs? It's like wanting to see Magic in the dunk comp. People should just stop asking.

kdspurman
02-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Bron Bron wants some attention :)

NYJ - NYY
02-08-2013, 09:27 AM
He asked DMF best way to troll and this is what they agreed on

Ill21
02-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Troll so hard

HowFit
02-08-2013, 09:45 AM
troll...

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
The fear of failure.

He115ing
02-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I call bull-poop!

xRipCity
02-08-2013, 02:06 PM
LeBron's fear of failure or disappointment will forever hinder him of being goat.
If he had Jordan or Kobe's killer instinct he would be the best ever NO DOUBT.
Not participating in the dunk contest is just another example of him fearing failure.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
LeBron's fear of failure or disappointment will forever hinder him of being goat.
Not participating in the dunk contest is just another example of him fearing failure.

By killer instinct, you mean not ballhogging?

Sactown
02-08-2013, 03:14 PM
He's the DMF of the NBA, just TROLLIN

lamzoka
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Lebron should've done it within the fisrt 5 years in his career. He can't win it this year, so therefor he won't be in it. This might be the contest since Vince Carter. White, Ross, Green!!!! Can't Wait!

Sactown
02-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Lebron should've done it within the fisrt 5 years in his career. He can't win it this year, so therefor he won't be in it. This might be the contest since Vince Carter. White, Ross, Green!!!! Can't Wait!

Isn't most of it fan voted? Lebron would win because of his name alone.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Yeah, Wade really did a good job picking the players. Paul on the other hand didn't.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm a huge LeBron fan, but its pointless for him to enter the dunk competition. He won't win, plain and simple. It doesn't make him any less of a player. He's what? 6'9" and 250+lbs? It's like wanting to see Magic in the dunk comp. People should just stop asking.

Dwight Howard?

Blake Griffin?

Amare Stoudemire? (didn't win but made the finals IIRC)

bucketss
02-08-2013, 03:48 PM

yeah hes scared of losing a dunk contest that all you need to do is jump over a hood of a car and you will receive all tens, and the fans vote for the winner at the end:facepalm:

AIRMAR72
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
even tho bron have some serious ups he just a game dunker plus his hand size are just average no REAL creativity to dunks

JiffyMix88
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
I hope he doesn't he would win the same way Blake won.

boateng
02-08-2013, 04:13 PM
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/299739331143274496

What do you think he means?

he is very unlikeable

fair enough if he doesn't wanna do it, but to tweet like he is considering to almost try and mock fans, is over the top.

why can't he just be classy for once?

todu82
02-08-2013, 04:15 PM
I think he's asking his followers if he should enter it.

GunFactor187
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Lol @ one of the replies, "Oh so u gonna be a judge this year?" Haha!

DR_1
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Not a LeBron fan but would love to see him in the dunk contest.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 05:04 PM
he is very unlikeable

fair enough if he doesn't wanna do it, but to tweet like he is considering to almost try and mock fans, is over the top.

He's hinting that he might do it. What the hell is wrong with you? How isn't he being classy? He's stating that he might join the dunk contest. Whether he does it or not is a different question. You just hate LeBron so you'll blame him for every small thing.

Unlikeable? Must be why he has the top selling jersey right now.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
He's hinting that he might do it. What the hell is wrong with you? How isn't he being classy? He's stating that he might join the dunk contest. Whether he does it or not is a different question. You just hate LeBron so you'll blame him for every small thing.

This is like the 3rd or 4th time hes done this. Hes came out and stated on live TV he was going to enter, than backtracked again. Now they announce the contestants and he tries to overshadow them and troll the fans again?

Like White said, leave the dunking to guys who wanna do it for the fans. Guys don't wanna do it, thats on them, forcing the dunk contest on them is just gonna ruin it. He needs to just shut up because we all know he doesn't have the balls to do the contest.

bucketss
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM

lebron haters are very emotional like a 12 year old school girl.

RateSports
02-08-2013, 05:29 PM
he is very unlikeable

These quotes from you make me seriously like LeBron even more.

First off, don't flatter yourself. LeBron is not mocking fans.

Second, why can't he be classy? Seriously man? The guy made one mistake (the Decision) for the entirety of his NBA career. He has had more pressure than any athlete in the history of sports and has handled himself with dignity and it is pretty clear to all humans without blinders on that he is a very good man as well.

Its not 2010. The "LeBron is a villain" **** got old 3 years ago.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 05:50 PM
You guys really don't find it annoying that he keeps bringing up the dunk contest and refuses to do it? Hes been in the league 10 freakin' years, all the greats have done it, hes afraid of losing and yet keeps trolling the fans.

boateng
02-08-2013, 06:35 PM
These quotes from you make me seriously like LeBron even more.

First off, don't flatter yourself. LeBron is not mocking fans.

Second, why can't he be classy? Seriously man? The guy made one mistake (the Decision) for the entirety of his NBA career. He has had more pressure than any athlete in the history of sports and has handled himself with dignity and it is pretty clear to all humans without blinders on that he is a very good man as well.

Its not 2010. The "LeBron is a villain" **** got old 3 years ago.

My heart bleeds for you:( He is multi millionaire and your acting like he is some starving man in africa when you talk about all the ''pressure he was put through''.
Whose fault was it anyway that the media hated him? No one told him to go on TV or nobody told him to mock Dirk, or all the silly things he did. You act like the media just suddenly started hating him for no reason.

He doesn't wanna do the dunk contest, as if he did, he would have done it years ago. He knows fans want to see him in it, and he deep down he knows he won't do it, so why tweet and get fans all hyped up like he is actually going to participate? That's classless. Just shut up full stop/

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
You guys really don't find it annoying that he keeps bringing up the dunk contest and refuses to do it? Hes been in the league 10 freakin' years, all the greats have done it, hes afraid of losing and yet keeps trolling the fans.

Magic didn't do it. Larry Bird didn't do it. Why hasn't anyone complained about that? Yes, media taught you guys to hate on LeBron for everything. I don't find it annoying because he can do whatever the hell he wants. He won a ring, the only thing you could find annoying about LeBron. Now when he wins that ring, which is 10000x more important than a silly slam dunk contest, you guys still complain. When he wins the slam dunk contest, you guys will say he didn't win the 3 point contest. It's everlasting hate.

boateng
02-08-2013, 06:38 PM

Personally i could never hate somebody i have never met and i don't blame him for anything. i just think tweeting about it is very silly when we all know he won't do it. I mean why do that?

just because you have a top selling jersey, doesn't make you likeable. everyone seems to hate kobe bryant on this forum and elsewhere, but he has had numerous selling jerseys. is he likeable?

boateng
02-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Magic didn't do it. Larry Bird didn't do it. Why hasn't anyone complained about that? Yes, media taught you guys to hate on LeBron for everything. I don't find it annoying because he can do whatever the hell he wants. He won a ring, the only thing you could find annoying about LeBron. Now when he wins that ring, which is 10000x more important than a silly slam dunk contest, you guys still complain. When he wins the slam dunk contest, you guys will say he didn't win the 3 point contest. It's everlasting hate.

are you lebrons bro? you seem very emotional/

magic and bird are not dunkers or not to the level to participate in a dunk contest. do you wanna see chris bosh in the dunk contest? exactly. lebron is one of the best dunkers in nba history. some of the dunks he has done in the all star game would have won the dunk contest.
he just doesnt want the pressure full stop. nothing wrong with that, but stop trolling fans when we all know he is not going to do it.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 06:42 PM
are you lebrons bro? you seem very emotional/

magic and bird are not dunkers? lebron is one of the best dunkers in nba history. some of the dunks he has done in the all star game would have won the dunk contest.
he just doesnt want the pressure full stop. nothing wrong with that, but stop trolling fans when we all know he is not going to do it.

"All the greats did it."
Wrong, that just proves LeBron doesn't have to do it to prove anything. If the dunk contest was seriously a measuring tape for greatest ever, how come the only players participating these days are scrubs? I don't see Durant doing it. I don't see Westbrook doing it. Yeah, Kobe did it.. Back when he was a rookie and not an established star yet. He was still making a name for himself. That's a different situation than LeBron. LeBron has been a star his entire career and never needed the exposure of a dunk contest to show that.

boateng
02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
"All the greats did it."
Wrong, that just proves LeBron doesn't have to do it to prove anything. If the dunk contest was seriously a measuring tape for greatest ever, how come the only players participating these days are scrubs? I don't see Durant doing it. I don't see Westbrook doing it. Yeah, Kobe did it.. Back when he was a rookie and not an established star yet. He was still making a name for himself. That's a different situation than LeBron. LeBron has been a star his entire career and never needed the exposure of a dunk contest to show that.

Westbrook is like what....23 and in his 5th season? He will do it at some stage in her career i bet. Lebron is in his 10th so if he wanted to do it, he would have a long time ago.
Also T-Mac has done it, Vince Carter did it, Jordan did it. Basically Lebron is the only superstar with elite dunking talent to have never participated.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Westbrook is like what....23 and in his 5th season? He will do it at some stage in her career i bet. Lebron is in his 10th so if he wanted to do it, he would have a long time ago.
Also T-Mac has done it, Vince Carter did it, Jordan did it. Basically Lebron is the only superstar with elite dunking talent to have never participated.

T-Mac isn't one of the greatest ever. Neither is Vince. Stop this garbage...

Elite dunking talent? First if went from "No creativity" to "Elite dunking talent".

You guys can't make up your minds these days. Once again I ask, why aren't superstars doing it anymore? It's not just LeBron, why aren't they doing it? Please explain. Why is it Gerald Green is the biggest star of the dunk contest but is rarely mentioned in NBA? Please, elaborate.

justinnum1
02-08-2013, 07:09 PM
The only way he would do it is if it was guaranteed he would win

kdspurman
02-08-2013, 07:41 PM

You mean like Griffin then jumping over a car (sponsor's car and in LA) when Mcgee should've won

SwatTeam
02-08-2013, 07:49 PM
What do Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, and Iman Shumpert have in common? Lebron shat on their teams in the playoffs and they all have 1 ACL.

Oh yeah, he should do the dunk contest. But only if he wants a meaningless trophy for his trophy room.

hidalgo
02-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Magic didn't do it. Larry Bird didn't do it. Why hasn't anyone complained about that? Yes, media taught you guys to hate on LeBron for everything. I don't find it annoying because he can do whatever the hell he wants. He won a ring, the only thing you could find annoying about LeBron. Now when he wins that ring, which is 10000x more important than a silly slam dunk contest, you guys still complain. When he wins the slam dunk contest, you guys will say he didn't win the 3 point contest. It's everlasting hate.Magic & Bird could barely dunk, it makes perfect sense they didn't do it.

DallasTrilla23
02-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Nobody complains about bird and Magic never entering the dunk contest because Magic and Bird weren't doing 360 dunks in the game. They were never known for their dunking ability.

Bird and Magic also never announced that they were going to enter the next dunk contest DURING the dunk contest. That's the reason why people complain...

ATX
02-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I "Would" say I think he should do it for the fans, but knowing the fans (Take PSD for example) , they would just hate hate hate hate hate hate hate and yes hate some more regardless of how impressive he was. So I can understand why he doesn't see any value in it. I would love it for example, but so many of his detractors would just find some stupid or illegitimate reason to fault him.

Double_R
02-08-2013, 08:28 PM

This

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 08:49 PM
My point isn't the fact that Magic and Bird couldn't do it because they weren't athletic. My point is that LeBron doesn't have to do it to prove anything. Magic and Bird never did it but they are still regarded as the greatest ever. Why shouldn't it apply for LeBron either? Because we all need someone to hate and that guy is LeBron.

hidalgo
02-08-2013, 09:52 PM
he's one of the best high flying superstars ever, he needs to do it, it's tradition