PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, who doesn't see a blow up of this Lakers team next year?

NYC
02-08-2013, 01:00 AM
There is so much scrutiny, so much dissension between the team.

D'Antoni doesn't like Gasol, rips him for complaining about playing time, calls out Howard for not playing.

Kobe's calling out Howard, Gasol at times.

D'Antoni loves Nash, but doesn't have the personnel to pair people with him. Nash is averaging a career low 7 1/2 assists. Howard is having his worst season since his 2nd year.

They're 23-27 and Gasol is out 2 months now.

I don't even think the most honest Laker fan can say at least 2/4's of this 'Big Four' will be back, that D'Antoni would be back.

And to be honest, I think everyone goes on this team except for Kobe. Nash will probably retire, D'Antoni fired, Howard leave via FA and Gasol traded.

It's the oddest, strangest happening I've ever seen in NBA history. After 50 games, the Lakers are 23-27.

It seemed like a no brainer they'd be a perennial title contender, but Howard has shown clearly now he never wanted to be here and D'Antoni/Nash are probably the worst fit for this roster. This was as wrong of a Big Four with the system they have and coach they have as you could have ever gotten.

This talent was 70 win material.

JNoel
02-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Pringles.

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:05 AM
It's getting ugly in LA and worst of all it's becoming public which is the worst thing that can happen to them. Locker room turmoil should be kept behind closed doors but the whole team is going at each other publicly.

They need to just call it a spade and trade Howard to Houston or Dallas or Atlanta and salvage the season. They could get Smith from ATL or Horford.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Didnt Artest say they would break the bulls record for most wins in NBA season?

Guppyfighter
02-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Yes, Artest did say that.

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2013, 01:30 AM
I hate D'Antoni.

Sactown
02-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Depends on if Dwight leaves, I could see LA trying to restarting after that

Mataro41
02-08-2013, 01:35 AM
I use to dream of Dwight to dallas but idk if its a good dream or a dwightmare

Fireworld
02-08-2013, 01:38 AM
ball

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 01:47 AM
Dwight to ATL or Mavs. Make it happen.. No one wants to play with Kobe.

KingOf215
02-08-2013, 02:55 AM
They should sign Dwight to an extension and TRADE Kobe. Yeah, I said it.

Mr_Amaziing
02-08-2013, 03:23 AM
I honestly thought The Lakers would be very Dangerous before the start of the season. Now its just sad to watch them play.

I can see Gasol sticking around and then traded in the off-season. Howard won't sign an extension because theirs no future with L.A. and Nash would either Retire or sign with Toronto

JEDean89
02-08-2013, 03:25 AM
why not give it another year. what is the purpose of trading howard at his career all time low value. He is like Dantoni's dream center (well he would be if he could shoot the 3 anyway) and the howard nash p and r should be wrecking fools right now. i think howard is still injured and it will take time for him to be 100% again. he had a back injury and back surgery that is rowdy for a 6' 11" 270 pounder to come back from. alot of teams have had struggles getting stars together but they didn't make a trade. the heat persevered, the knicks are a good team, the clipps got it together, the nets are getting it together, there is no reason the lakes won't. I don't think Dantoni is a good coach for this team because it should be winning with defense (kobe, mwp, gasol, howard should = stiffling defense but no, dantoni alone = bad defense) but they should still be winning. Maybe trade Gasol to a team like the Hornets and try and get Ryan Anderson and Al Faroq Aminu, but the problem with trading Gasol is that his value is also way down. Lakes best bet is to stay the course imo.

LakersMaster24
02-08-2013, 03:40 AM
Didnt Artest say they would break the bulls record for most wins in NBA season?

You said a lot of things that are even more absurd.

Mr_Jones
02-08-2013, 03:53 AM
As a Laker fan, it's really hard for me to panic right now. I recognize that this year has been a disaster by all means.. And next year probably will be, too (not as much). But I feel once 2014 comes around, and we have all that cap room, and since we still are the lakers, that will be enough to get a really good team together again.

So.. I'm just being patient. However, this season has been hilarious and entertaining. I don't really want Dwight anymore either.

Mr_Jones
02-08-2013, 03:53 AM
Just makes me excited for the future.

The Lakers and Celtics don't go that long without a championship.. Mainly the Lakers, but oh well.

Tmath
02-08-2013, 03:56 AM
I don't know, but I'll be getting out the popcorn and enjoy the show.

Vancity
02-08-2013, 04:39 AM
I feel bad for Nash.