PDA

View Full Version : Mike D'Antoni "Dwight's been cleared to play for a while now"

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-08-2013, 12:28 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/7/3966274/dwight-howard-injury-mike-dantoni-cleared-to-play

Dwight Howard's injured shoulder is turning into a storyline of its own. Mike D'Antoni told the media after the Lakers' 116-95 loss to the Boston Celtics that Howard had been cleared to return to action for awhile but decided to return on Thursday night.

Oh that Hollywood Drama :confused:

Switch
02-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Dwight Howard is a little girl

JNoel
02-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Wtf is Pringles talking about? Dwight clearly shouldn't have played tonight, let alone 4 or 5 nights ago...

jaydubb
http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-drama-queens-Facebook.jpg

nirvana235
Bargnani for Dwight

alexander_37
02-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Im laughing so hard, I love when these type of things fail

PleaseBeNice
02-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Vagina.

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 12:50 AM
lmao cmon people... let's not pretend we are not loving this. If it was any other team but LA we might feel bad but Lakers fans tears are delicious.

Keep3HEATSOnMe
02-08-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm so tired of hearing about Dwight

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-08-2013, 01:06 AM
lmao cmon people... let's not pretend we are not loving this. If it was any other team but LA we might feel bad but Lakers fans tears are delicious.

Lmao

More-Than-Most
02-08-2013, 01:06 AM
He is screwing their franchise so very badly.... COME TO THE SIXERS HOWARD Lol.....No he really is acting like a baby but whatever.... He is on a 1 year deal so why risk it?

sep11ie
02-08-2013, 01:07 AM
I wish I could bottle up Laker's fans tears and use them as my salt when I cook.

jmoney85
02-08-2013, 01:10 AM
i wish i could bottle up laker's fans tears and use them as my salt when i cook.

lmao

oak2455
02-08-2013, 01:10 AM
I wish I could bottle up Laker's fans tears and use them as my salt when I cook.

:puke: I wish Meta punches D12 in his face.....that would be funny

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2013, 01:11 AM
I enjoy the taste of Laker fans tears too, but the Lakers are playing this all wrong. Who cares if he is cleared to play, he can't play right now. Why risk further injury if you are playing like **** due to injury? They better trade him, but why the **** would he want to stay on a team that hates him so much!?

LOOTERX9
02-08-2013, 01:17 AM
howard will request a trade after hearing these disrespectful comments from kobe who he hates and now from mike "no D" Toni. hahaha!!

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:18 AM

**** yeah :hi5: Anyone else wanna admit it?

oak2455
02-08-2013, 01:18 AM
to Rockets he goes.....................

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:19 AM
This is Dwight saying "trade me to the Nets" its so obvious. What Dwight wants Dwight gets.

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:22 AM
This is Dwight saying "trade me to the Nets" its so obvious. What Dwight wants Dwight gets.

You must think you are dealing with the Nuggets or the Magic.

Lakers do not operate like that. They will call his bluff as they should. A bad back and a shoulder that will need surgery? They will dare him to walk away from an extra year at max money.

What the hell could they possibly use from the Nets. Lopez has been amazing this year but he is a piss poor fit for Mike D'Antoni

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:23 AM

Im not like that, but it is kind of sweet because when Lakers got Dwight they were very rude to Nets fans. Taunting with pictures of Dwight and everyone saying "u mad" . Lakers had a panic move and now they are paying for it. Destiny has Dwight ending up with the Nets maybe even for the vet min. It will happen.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:24 AM
You must think you are dealing with the Nuggets or the Magic.

Lakers do not operate like that. They will call his bluff as they should. A bad back and a shoulder that will need surgery? They will dare him to walk away from an extra year at max money.

What the hell could they possibly use from the Nets. Lopez has been amazing this year but he is a piss poor fit for Mike D'Antoni

you dont know how Dwight operates. he already opted into this year so its not like he will lose any money he could have got last year. The teams coaches and players are trashing him. He doesnt seem to like it in LA.

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:24 AM
to Rockets he goes.....................

That would be amazing. Would be such a fun team and many teams would trade a good player for a guy like Asik. New Orleans might take him for Ryan Anderson

Sactown
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Im not like that, but it is kind of sweet because when Lakers got Dwight they were very rude to Nets fans. Taunting with pictures of Dwight and everyone saying "u mad" . Lakers had a panic move and now they are paying for it. Destiny has Dwight ending up with the Nets maybe even for the vet min. It will happen.
Yeah.... No.....
A Superstar in his prime doesn't pass up 100Mill for like 5mil.. you're insane he'd rather play for his #2 option than play for the vets min at his #1 destination...

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:26 AM
you dont know how Dwight operates. he already opted into this year so its not like he will lose any money he could have got last year. The teams coaches and players are trashing him. He doesnt seem to like it in LA.

:laugh2: So what you are saying is he is gonna hit FA and sign a one year deal with the Nets for the minimum then extend for the max later? You are amazing.

Dwight has a herniated disc. For an athlete this is not a thing that just goes away and in fact can lead to more back injuries. he is not gonna risk anything. he will get a max deal for as many years as he can. The question is will that final year mean enough to him that he will resign with LA?

I think it will. Although seeing him in HOU would be a thing of beauty.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-08-2013, 01:26 AM
Lol magic gave Dwight want he wanted? Uhh not really or he woulda been a net a long time ago ... he only was cool to go to the Lakers after he didn't get his way for so long ....

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:29 AM
:laugh2: So what you are saying is he is gonna hit FA and sign a one year deal with the Nets for the minimum then extend for the max later? You are amazing.

would be the perfect way to get back at LA for not trading him here or Orlando for not wanting him to go to his number 1 destination

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Yea that wold really tick Orlando off a whole year later lol

Sactown
02-08-2013, 01:30 AM
would be the perfect way to get back at LA for not trading him here or Orlando for not wanting him to go to his number 1 destination

Not going to happen, he'll be going for $$$

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Yea that wold really tick Orlando off a whole year later lol

Well thats all Orlando Magic, their writers and fans cared about what not letting Dwight get his number 1 destination and for him to dominate the magic 4 times a year.

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:32 AM

Not the perfect way for an athlete with multiple injuries to manage his career and his agent would never advise it.

I mean you are free to dream but at the end of the day an athlete has a very short window to get as much money as possible and an injured player that relies on mostly athleticism will not take such a high risk to join a team that does not even look as promising as he thought (Lakers just beat the Nets without him).

oak2455
02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
That would be amazing. Would be such a fun team and many teams would trade a good player for a guy like Asik. New Orleans might take him for Ryan Anderson

hey Will what did we say don't feed that one troll ;) , and I agree a lot of teams will anti up for this clown :laugh2:

oak2455
02-08-2013, 01:35 AM
do some of the posters on here smoke crack :speechless:

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Not the perfect way for an athlete with multiple injuries to manage his career and his agent would never advise it.

I mean you are free to dream but at the end of the day an athlete has a very shot window to get as much money as possible and an injured player that relies on mostly athleticism will not take such a high risk to join a team that does not even look as promising as he though (Lakers just beat the Nets without him).

Well then maybe Dwight should join the Wizards since they beat Miami,OKC,LAC, whoever else.

Poor logic

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:38 AM
hey Will what did we say don't feed that one troll ;) , and I agree a lot of teams will anti up for this clown :laugh2:

yeah dont feed me, let me die of not being able to eat. please stop! the troll stuff was old 2 years ago

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Well thats all Orlando Magic, their writers and fans cared about what not letting Dwight get his number 1 destination and for him to dominate the magic 4 times a year.

These are billion dollar businesses not high school girl cliques that hold grudges. Keep in mind that at the time Brook Lopez had a broken foot and they never liked him much to begin with. They were right not to go with him. Maybe in hindsight they would have took Brook but if all decisions could be done in hindsight Melo would have been drafted by the Pistons and Kobe by the Nets

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:40 AM
These are billion dollar businesses not high school girl cliques that hold grudges. Keep in mind that at the time Brook Lopez had a broken foot and they never liked him much to begin with. They were right not to go with him. Maybe in hindsight they would have took Brook but if all decisions could be done in hindsight Melo would have been drafted by the Pistons and Kobe by the Nets

Well Dwight said a few days ago he wasnt allowed to come here. so you can use the injury thing as an excuse but Billy and him were engaged in talks a couple of times. I think it just came down too stalling for other teams to jump in.

oak2455
02-08-2013, 01:42 AM
yeah dont feed me, let me die of not being able to eat. please stop! the troll stuff was old 2 years ago

actually its like conversing with a 2 yr old ;)

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:43 AM

I meant for Asik if the Rockets got Dwight. As far as DMF i am merely humoring him because it's super late, i have insomnia, and there aren't many people online to have a discussion with and keep entertained. Call it desperation.

DMF is like SpongeBob SquarePants.. you watch it when there aint **** else and you just wanna find and watch something real quick while you eat your bowl of Frosted Flakes :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:44 AM
actually its like conversing with a 2 yr old ;)

The old guy in this video is you, Willy Wonka is me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaoySOGlZ_U

its basically what happeneds everytime I outplay you

OceanSpray
Man, just watching Dwight play, you can tell he wasn't 100%. Give the guy a break... You signed him when he was injured, don't blame it on him.

oak2455
D12 had a chance last year to go to the Nets and what happened? oops he opted in.... so let's stop this his going there its really ridiculous and pointless

oak2455
02-08-2013, 01:46 AM
The old guy in this video is you, Willy Wonka is me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaoySOGlZ_U

its basically what happeneds everytime I outplay you
new word?!?!?!?!
interesting enough I found this photo on your profile

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP00927682/fat-guy-stuck-in-internet-5.jpg

Chill_Will_24
02-08-2013, 01:47 AM
Well then maybe Dwight should join the Wizards since they beat Miami,OKC,LAC, whoever else.

Poor logic

DMF questioning logic

Logic... hmmm... A superstar athlete that relies purely on athleticism with a busted back and shoulder is gonna pass up $100 million and sign a one year deal with the Nets for the minimum.. your logic is undeniable :worthy:

mdm692
02-08-2013, 01:47 AM

I do lol. But since I can't their lotto pick this year will do ;).

metsfan4ever
02-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Dwight gonna have to knock someone head off soon. He too big to be getting bullied all over but then again He ain't about that life

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:57 AM
new word?!?!?!?!
interesting enough I found this photo on your profile

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP00927682/fat-guy-stuck-in-internet-5.jpg

nice but in reality this is my life

http://media.theonion.com/images/articles/article/17181/Rich-Guy-R_jpg_600x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

except im young and good looking

Blitzace137
02-08-2013, 02:00 AM

Lmao

naps
02-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Gotta love this! Reminds me of arrogant Lakers fans saying "Nobody stands a chance." Thanks Miss Dwight!

Hawkeye15
02-08-2013, 02:23 AM

haha, this

Dade County
02-08-2013, 02:28 AM

I actually agree with some of your Howard post... But I actually think that Pat will snatch him in free agency, by getting investors together and offering Howard over 150million dollars.

So that will make up for Howard signing for the low.

But I can see Howard going to any of these teams... Okc, Nets, HEAT, bulls, Clippers

DallasTrilla23
02-08-2013, 02:29 AM
damn man, what the hell is going on in LA! They're just talking to the media too damn much

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:31 AM
I actually agree with some of your Howard post... But I actually think that Pat will snatch him in free agency, by getting investors together and offering Howard over 150million dollars.

So that will make up for Howard signing for the low.

But I can see Howard going to any of these teams... Okc, Nets, HEAT, bulls, Clippers

I understand you are a Heat fan but it's financially impossible to have Howard on that team with Wade, Bosh, and LeBron. Please, no more posting for you.

Dade County
02-08-2013, 02:35 AM
I understand you are a Heat fan but it's financially impossible to have Howard on that team with Wade, Bosh, and LeBron. Please, no more posting for you.

Me or you don't make that decision, it's up to the script writers.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-08-2013, 02:36 AM
and miami doesnt want supergirl.

lebron and howard went at it in 2010 when he joined.
i never liked howard, and for obvious reasons because he played for our rival team.

anyways 2 players are not welcome on the heat squad and funny thing is they both play for the lakers currently.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:37 AM
Me or you don't make that decision, it's up to the script writers.

What? So you're telling me NBA is fixed?

Dade County
02-08-2013, 02:40 AM
What? So you're telling me NBA is fixed?

NBA = Entertainment :nod:

oak2455
02-08-2013, 02:41 AM
This thread gets better only in the NBA forum :laugh:

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:44 AM
NBA = Entertainment :nod:

Back to the conspiracy theories..

LakersMaster24
02-08-2013, 02:45 AM
Media trying to stir **** up. Sure he was cleared, but if he is not going to be effective then no point of him playing until he feels ready.

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2013, 02:45 AM
Im not like that, but it is kind of sweet because when Lakers got Dwight they were very rude to Nets fans. Taunting with pictures of Dwight and everyone saying "u mad" . Lakers had a panic move and now they are paying for it. Destiny has Dwight ending up with the Nets maybe even for the vet min. It will happen.AWESOME! Thanks so much, best sig quote ever!:laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2013, 02:55 AM
I would out cook all of you.

shep33
02-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Yeah we suck, but we've dominated the NBA since 1980 and it hasn't been close. Whatever makes you guys feel happy. I hate talking smack, but this thread has turned into Laker bait thread.

:cheers:

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Yeah we suck, but we've dominated the NBA since 1980 and it hasn't been close. Whatever makes you guys feel happy. I hate talking smack, but this thread has turned into Laker bait thread.

hmm. if it came across like that, my apologies. I made this honestly because this back and forth through the media is silly and wanted people's opinions...
I'm sure there are worse laker bait threads on here, but this wasn't made for those purposes...

shep33
02-08-2013, 03:05 AM
hmm. if it came across like that, my apologies. I made this honestly because this back and forth through the media is silly and wanted people's opinions...
I'm sure there are worse laker bait threads on here, but this wasn't made for those purposes...

Nah it's not your fault man, just a lot of peoples comments, but whatever... honestly we probably deserve it, and I'm likely just being butt hurt because we suck.

shep33
02-08-2013, 03:21 AM
Sucks because this year was such a tease. You guys trash it, but we have been destroyed by injuries. Not as bad as the Twolves, but pretty god awful to say the least. We have no depth so we depend on Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight so much. Then add in Dwight not looking remotely the same due to his back and shoulder injury, he doesn't look like a top 20 player this year... not even close. Pau has been playing with tendonitis in his knees, plantar fasciatis and now he tears his plantar. Nash broke his ******* leg. Jordan Hill, who is our best bench player has been done for the year for a while now. Kobe has his nights where he doesn't play defense or jack, but he and Earl Clark have been our two most consistent players this year.

Just a **** year. Didn't even mention the coaching change and all the drama either. What a ****storm

sunsfan88
02-08-2013, 03:33 AM
I f***king hate the Lakers so I hope he drama continues. I want to see Kobe crying.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Sucks because this year was such a tease. You guys trash it, but we have been destroyed by injuries. Not as bad as the Twolves, but pretty god awful to say the least. We have no depth so we depend on Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight so much. Then add in Dwight not looking remotely the same due to his back and shoulder injury, he doesn't look like a top 20 player this year... not even close. Pau has been playing with tendonitis in his knees, plantar fasciatis and now he tears his plantar. Nash broke his ******* leg. Jordan Hill, who is our best bench player has been done for the year for a while now. Kobe has his nights where he doesn't play defense or jack, but he and Earl Clark have been our two most consistent players this year.

Just a **** year. Didn't even mention the coaching change and all the drama either. What a ****storm

Well at least you admit to being a butthurt LAL fan. But can you name 20 players who are better than Howard? I can't.

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-08-2013, 03:39 AM
Lakers have won 6 of 8 people lol make this thread again when they lose 5 straight

Sadds The Gr8
02-08-2013, 03:48 AM
I f***king hate the Lakers so I hope he drama continues. I want to see Kobe crying.

It'd be the greatest NBA season ever if they dont make the playoffs

kombayn
02-08-2013, 03:54 AM

Jim Buss might actually really screw this up worse than he already has at this point. It's time for him to admit his mistake and trade Dwight Howard. The Nets still want Dwight Howard and they have an All-Star center waiting to come back whose brother (Robin) played really well in the D'Antoni system.

Brook Lopez has all the tools to spread the floor, get good post-up's with nice touch around the rim and he's improved defensively. The Lakers will never been a defensive juggernaut but they can still get a proven center out of this mess or have a bunch of eggs of their faces if Dwight leaves.

In the end, I think it's time for the Lakers to cut their losses and get something in return. If anything, they could get a couple 1st Round Picks from the Nets too that would make-up for giving up those two 1st round picks to the Suns for Nash.

The team has good chemistry, especially Kobe and Nash. Dwight and Pau don't fit this team but the Lakers need and have to make a move soon.

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Lopez+Wallace+2 1st and he's yours domefavors!

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 04:07 AM
Lopez+Wallace+2 1st and he's yours domefavors!

Or they can just watch LAL lose Howard and get nothing in return. Haha, goodbye LAL. Kobe the God of basketball needs LeBron, Durant, and CP3 to win...

kombayn
02-08-2013, 04:10 AM
^That would be a great trade for the Lakers but the Lakers would have to send back salary to bring Wallace in and I doubt the Nets dump him if they get Dwight.

My guess would be Dwight Howard for Brook Lopez & 3 Future 1st Round Picks to get the job done. If I'm Mitch, I start talking with Jim and tell him that it's in his best interest to get an All-Star center in Lopez who would fit perfect in his coaches system then move forward.

Jim's failure is that he thinks he needs some type of proven franchise star to move forward after Kobe but the thing is that the Lakers brand is the most powerful in basketball and any player that plays with All-Star or Franchise Player like ability then the Lakers brand will carry them into the spotlight.

Jerry is an idiot for not picking his daughter to run the basketball side of things but I'm sure they figured or feared that Phil would have too much influence which I don't understand why that is a bad thing.

dalton749
02-08-2013, 04:31 AM
would love to see them hit rock bottom

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2013, 04:39 AM
Nah it's not your fault man, just a lot of peoples comments, but whatever... honestly we probably deserve it, and I'm likely just being butt hurt because we suck.

Laker fans like you deserve better.

JasonJohnHorn
02-08-2013, 09:55 AM
That is just a stupid thing for 'Antoni to say. Howard is playing hurt. When I threw out my back, x-rays failed to show anything wrong, but I couldn't even stand up straight. I couldn't work. Sprains are the same way, they simply don't show up in any testing. A doctor can clear a person who isn't able to work/play. For 'Antoni to say this in a public forum is stupid. you have to trust your players. If Dwight says he's too hurt to play, then he's too hurt to play. 'Antoni isn't a doctor. And doing this just further alienates the player who you will likely be depending on the most.

'Antoni clearly cannot handle a roster like this. He doesn't have the people skills. Lakers would do well to fire him immediately and let Bernie Bickerstaff finish out the season. Fawk this guy is an idiot.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 10:12 AM
^^^ Dwight has gotta be doing things behind the scenes that are making his teammates and coaches sick to their stomachs to keep lambasting him like this.

Everyone is saying 'DAntoni is an idiot, Dwight is obviously hurt'.....I mean really? Write off the word of the doctors and coaches but YOU can tell hes hurt thru the goddamn TV screen. :facepalm:

To me, I didn't see a player who was playing hurt, I saw a player who didn't even want to be playing. A guy who hates his teammates, hates his current situation, hates his coach, and feels bad for himself. Dwight is a puss.

He115ing
02-08-2013, 10:16 AM

I will agree with you sir. This is indeed very entertaining. Bryant, Howard, and Dantoni is a great combo. Everytime there is a thread about the Lakers I feel like bringing out the popcorn.

I Rock Shaqs
02-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I think he should just come to the raptors, he would be treated like a God up here.

Pg: Lowry
SG: Derozan
SF: Gay
PF: Bargnani
C: Howard
Lol championship!

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-08-2013, 10:21 AM
I think he should just come to the raptors, he would be treated like a God up here.

Pg: Lowry
SG: Derozan
SF: Gay
PF: Bargnani
C: Howard
Lol championship!

Are you saying Superman needs to play with a little more Gay to win championships?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Dwight did look horrible last night ... like he was hurting them being out there he got into foul trouble and had to go sit out for awhile and then whe he came back in in the 4th he turned the ball over literally like 3 plays in a Row and he just looked like he didnt care

king4day
02-08-2013, 10:39 AM

I don't think Howard makes the Nets better. Lopez is having a better season and is locked up at a cheaper price.

king4day
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Closing thread since there's too much baiting going on and there's too much to clean up. Guys, be civil next time.