PDA

View Full Version : Rising Stars teams

knicks=love
02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
The NBA on ESPN ‏@ESPNNBA
Team Shaq for 2013 Rising Stars Challenge: Lillard, Irving, Drummond, K. Thompson, Barnes, Parsons, Waiters, Waiters, MKG, Zeller, Walker.

The NBA on ESPN ‏@ESPNNBA
Team Chuck for 2013 Rising Stars Challenge: A. Davis, Faried, Leonard, Beal, Rubio, T. Thompson, Vucevic, Knight, I. Thomas, Shved.

OKC
02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
i was hoping for a team kyrie vs team lillard scenarion but its not the case.
shaq's team is a little better.

WITZ
02-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Was Liliard selected 1st over Irving :laugh2: ,btw chucks team is pretty bad.

THE GIPPER
02-07-2013, 08:45 PM
I think Shaq has the best player (Irving) but Chuck has the better team

Stunner
02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Jimmy Butler gets snubbed .....again Smh

PraiseJesus
02-07-2013, 08:47 PM
This game is going to be a historically epic blowout.

Team Shaq is 20times better

I was laughing out loud when I saw those teams

Theyhateme459
02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
For this type of exhibition game, Charles team is very very bad.... I hope for the fans sake they force a trade with either Lilard or Kyrie going to to Charles team.

dalton749
02-07-2013, 08:50 PM
team shaq easy win. its a game of offence and they have all of it chucks team has none

Gators123
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Drummond will make Davis his *****!

Stunner
02-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm really mad Isaiah Thomas and Rubio got selected as wild cards over Jimmy . This kid has been playing 21 mins a game and around 28 since Deng was hurt and has been producing . Kid deserves to be there in his 2nd season . He has shown improvement .

NBA_Starter
02-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Chuck is a turrable drafter.

justinnum1
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
shaqs team>>>>

Monta is beast
Barnes is going to posterize either Thompson or Faried.

Keep3HEATSOnMe
Shaq team already won

Monta is beast
02-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm really mad Isaiah Thomas and Rubio got selected as wild cards over Jimmy . This kid has been playing 21 mins a game and around 28 since Deng was hurt and has been producing . Kid deserves to be there in his 2nd season . He has shown improvement .

What's the point of getting mad about it. He's been playing solid for a couple weeks, these dudes have proven it for at least all this season. The only player I could see him being selected over was Thomas, and he didn't, so chill ight.

Monta is beast
02-07-2013, 08:57 PM
152-112 shaq's squad

Stunner
02-07-2013, 09:02 PM
What's the point of getting mad about it. He's been playing solid for a couple weeks, these dudes have proven it for at least all this season. The only player I could see him being selected over was Thomas, and he didn't, so chill ight.

A couple weeks ? You obviously don't watch bulls games kid has been nice all season ? All season Rubio just got put in based off his name . There are a couple of Players Jimmy could have taken . But it's ok I just felt Jimmy should have got some respect . Not many know about this kid and its sad .

Hawkeye15
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Rubio is meant for games like this, pure entertainment purposes I would guess.

Baller1
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Shaq's team is going to ****ing mop Barkley's.

Manimal
02-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Chucks team has got this. Kyrie won't play much since he's in the all-star team.

Chucks team is deep and has more than just jump shooters. Shaqs team will probably just launch the most three pointers ever.

DallasTrilla23
02-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I really dig that Davis-Faried-Leonard front court.

D-Leethal
02-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Shaq should have taken Rubio just to piss off Chuck.

topdog
02-08-2013, 12:34 AM
A couple weeks ? You obviously don't watch bulls games kid has been nice all season ? All season Rubio just got put in based off his name . There are a couple of Players Jimmy could have taken . But it's ok I just felt Jimmy should have got some respect . Not many know about this kid and its sad .

No need to take it out on Rubio who yes averages a point less than Butler this year but dishes 5 more assists.

fin_frenzy_84
02-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Shaqs squad will dominate

Mcdoh
02-08-2013, 12:50 AM
Team shaq easy win...

BirdIsTheWord
02-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Chuck just turned down a Irving for Faried swap.

b@llhog24
02-08-2013, 01:02 AM
If Kyrie plays full mins, he's gonna go ******* again.

RenegadeRiot36
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Team Shaq literally could start 4/5ths of the Cavs lineup. They will murder Chucks. Kyrie wont play much though because hes in the actual game.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Chuck just turned down a Irving for Faried swap.

THAT had me laughing out loud. I feel I respect chuck more than most, but....

Stunner
02-08-2013, 01:26 AM
No need to take it out on Rubio who yes averages a point less than Butler this year but dishes 5 more assists.

And who just got back ...like I said other players who been their the whole season . He just got in because of name .

GrandDaddyPurp
02-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Barkley's team will win. Shaqs team is the underdog.

lol, please
02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
I think Shaq has the best player (Thompson) but Chuck has the better team
Fixed, agree with the fix, not with the second part. Shaq has the better player and team, and it's not close.

lol, please
Shaqs squad will dominate

This.

HotMayo
Rand paul

GunFactor187
02-08-2013, 01:41 AM
I really dig that Davis-Faried-Leonard front court.

Imagine if they're all on the same team in their primes...dayummm...:drool:

GunFactor187
02-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Rising Stars Challenge >>> All-Star Game

HotMayo
02-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Is the rising stars challenge new

IgglesFanInCO
02-08-2013, 02:28 AM
If it was a real game with real preparation chucks would be almost even

but in a ******** offense only game shaq will win

Faried is going to demolish whichever guy they put in front of him, no true PF on shaqs team

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Boring.. Scrape this garbage event please.

DallasTrilla23
02-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Don't sleep on Chuck's Team,they're pretty solid

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Shaq is going to lose because he's ******** and doesn't know anything about basketball. Remember the team he had last year? A team full of PG's would win based off speed.. Haha!

raiderposting
02-08-2013, 02:37 AM
I think im in the minority who likes Drummond more than Anthony davis. I think Drummond will have the better career. He should break out within 2 years, just needs a coach that will play him.

IgglesFanInCO
02-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Obvious backcourt vs frontcourt game

both advantages for each team in those aspects are immense

xRipCity
02-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Shaq got the two ROY's.... lol Chuck

He115ing
02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Team Shaq does look much better. Not sure who was the genius who made those teams.

topdog
02-08-2013, 02:19 PM
And who just got back ...like I said other players who been their the whole season . He just got in because of name .

He got there because he's an awesome player who in 20 games of limited minutes and struggles trusting his knee and dealing with overcompensation injuries still has had a better season than Butler (as nice and surprising as he has been).

Vancity
02-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Team Shaq does look much better. Not sure who was the genius who made those teams.

I believe they drafted them.
Then last night Shaq offered Kyrie for Faried, the Manimal.

Chuck turned it down. :facepalm:

knicks=love
02-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Rising Stars Challenge >>> All-Star Game

celebrity game >>>>>> rising stars challenge >>>>> legends shoot-out competition >>>> 3 point contest >>> skills challenge >> all star game > dunk contest

Sactown
02-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I believe they drafted them.
Then last night Shaq offered Kyrie for Faried, the Manimal.

Chuck turned it down. :facepalm:

I would too, look at how much BG played last year? 5 minutes? Yeah.. I'll take 20 minutes of the Manimal over 5 of Kyrie.. I actually like Chucks team.

THE GIPPER
02-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Chucks team will win? Their front court is much better..

RipCity32
02-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Drummonds out with a fractured tailbone so who should replace him?

topdog
02-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Chucks team will win? Their front court is much better..

I don't get why so many people think Shaq's team is better just because of Lillard and Irving (who may or may not play much). Barkley has Davis and Rubio (the ROY runner-ups) with Beal, Leonard and Faried all sounding like great options for Rubio to feed in the corners and at the rim.

dalton749
02-09-2013, 01:21 PM
valanciunas should replace him he should be in it anyway

Gators123
02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
@WojYahooNBA

Orlando's Andrew Nicholson chosen to replace injured Andre Drummond in Rising Stars game on All-Star weekend, league source tells Y! Sports.

Good for him. I really like his game.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Happy Nicholson made it. Shouldn't have had to wait for an injury to get in either.

Stunner
02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Wow Jimmy Butler is steady getting snubbed , I mean come on he's played more than this guy .

knicks=love
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow Jimmy Butler is steady getting snubbed , I mean come on he's played more than this guy .

omg shut the **** up about him. it's the ****ing rising stars game, do you honestly think he cares if he's in it or not?

dalton749
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
lmfao the nba really doesnt give two ****s about the raptors i guess. atleast they chose A canadian if they were'nt gunna choose a rap

knicks=love
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
man, copeland got snubbed.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Nicholson has gotten inconsistent minutes which is a knock against him. But he's been better than Butler and Jonas...and whoever else you want to say was more deserving too. Unless you think someone else should have made it over him because of minutes, then there's really no argument.

EDIT: Add Copeland to that list.

Stunner
02-10-2013, 05:55 PM
omg shut the **** up about him. it's the ****ing rising stars game, do you honestly think he cares if he's in it or not?

You seem annoyed ? I just would like the world to see what we see in the kid . If it Shump was playing all season and didn't make it I'm sure some knick fans would be upset . So as I fan if I think my player deserve to be at a showcase that's showing off talented rookies and sophomores I have the right to voice it . But it's whatever .

Stunner
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Nicholson has gotten inconsistent minutes which is a knock against him. But he's been better than Butler and Jonas...and whoever else you want to say was more deserving too. Unless you think someone else should have made it over him because of minutes, then there's really no argument.

Disagree Butler is a key player in our rotation and has been a key to us winning this season . I don't think Nicholson is having a better season , he would if be was getting mins but he isn't so I don't see how he is . Jimmy has had a winning impact on the Bulls team . But to agree to disagree .

knicks=love
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM

:laugh2: i was joking. i deserve to be in this game more than copeland does.

You seem annoyed ? I just would like the world to see what we see in the kid . If it Shump was playing all season and didn't make it I'm sure some knick fans would be upset . So as I fan if I think my player deserve to be at a showcase that's showing off talented rookies and sophomores I have the right to voice it . But it's whatever .

no, it's the fact that every single bulls fan is whining about him getting "snubbed" for this game. you guys are more upset about it than he is, i'm sure. i honestly could care less if novak wasn't in the 3 point contest, or james white was in the dunk contest. wouldn't bother me one bit. it's the all star weekend, and it means absolutely nothing to the players participating in it. all players care about is making the all-star team because it's a recognition of their play this season. if butler is as good as bulls fans say he is, then he should make the team in a few years right? stop worrying about him not getting into the rookies-sophomores game.. it's not the end of the world.

ManRam
02-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Disagree Butler is a key player in our rotation and has been a key to us winning this season . I don't think Nicholson is having a better season , he would if be was getting mins but he isn't so I don't see how he is . Jimmy has had a winning impact on the Bulls team . But to agree to disagree .

A) Local beat writer said that a rookie was going to be picked to replace Drummond, so there's that.
B) Nicholson has been better. You won't convince me otherwise. I do get that Butler is playing a pivotal role on a contending team, and that does matter, but Nicholson is a better scorer, rebounder, is way more efficient and has statistically been a really good defender too.

And we've seen how good he's been with big minutes. Check the last 5 games. Check his early January play. Stud.

Minute-rated, I'd argue only Drummond, AD, Lillard and Henson have been better rookies. He's gonna get big minutes now too.

It's probably all just splitting hairs. A lot of these guys have been playing at very similar levels.

Stunner
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
The only reason why I honestly wanted this kid there was to preform in front of his hometown , the kid been thru a lot. Being abandoned by his mother and what not. Even though the kid won't come out and say it , him playing in front of his hometown on one of the biggest events in the NBA and having that feeling and saying to yourself " look I made it thru all of it " would mean somewhat to a person . The kid is a hard worker and plays balls to the wall and earned respect from some players already . I just think he worked hard and his story was my reason for having him in .

knicks=love
02-10-2013, 06:15 PM
The only reason why I honestly wanted this kid there was to preform in front of his hometown , the kid been thru a lot. Being abandoned by his mother and what not. Even though the kid won't come out and say it , him playing in front of his hometown on one of the biggest events in the NBA and having that feeling and saying to yourself " look I made it thru all of it " would mean somewhat to a person . The kid is a hard worker and plays balls to the wall and earned respect from some players already . I just think he worked hard and his story was my reason for having him in .

honestly, i bet you 60% of NBA players have similar stories to him so he's not any different. think of all the professional athletes that were adopted and grew up without parents. it's not that uncommon.

Tmath
02-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Is Drummond still in the rising stars game? isn't he injured?

lol, please
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
honestly, i bet you 60% of NBA players have similar stories to him so he's not any different. think of all the professional athletes that were adopted and grew up without parents. it's not that uncommon.

knicks=love you're a boss for wearing that CousinsEvansDuo sig quote. :laugh2:

chicago lulz
02-10-2013, 06:40 PM
no, it's the fact that every single bulls fan is whining about him getting "snubbed" for this game. you guys are more upset about it than he is, i'm sure.
Bulls fan here. Couldn't care less that he didn't get picked for the Rising Stars team, and don't think he got snubbed. No need to make it out to be something it isn't. It's only been one poster complaining about JB, since the recent announcement of Drummond's replacement and what not.

Hellcrooner
02-16-2013, 01:48 AM
So, team chuck won, after all.

Sota4Ever
02-16-2013, 03:02 AM
All you need is Shved.

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 03:04 AM
The thing about Charles is that he can really build a team because he's smart.

Shaq just picks the big names and think they'll mesh.

Manimal
02-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Chucks team has got this. Kyrie won't play much since he's in the all-star team.

Chucks team is deep and has more than just jump shooters. Shaqs team will probably just launch the most three pointers ever.

Called it. Even though Kyrie played, Chucks team still demolished them.

MANIMAL!