PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Dwight???

joeystats
02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Laker fan here

***** Dwight, i'm done with this a**hole, he doesn't love or respect the game, i'd rather have a scrub that plays his heart out. There is a difference between loving the game and being in love with the game.... big difference!!! This d*uche takes advantage of his natural ability and I could careless if he's the "best center" in the league, he could be the "best player" in the league if he wanted to but no desire, give me players who love to play ball more than anything with Kobe/Lebron/Durant type passion and less skill all day over this clown and I don't even care if we are a worse team. I'm talking players that wake up in the morning and go to bed at night thinking basketball, not a douche who wakes up thinking about video games, commercials, and shopping. No f*cking heart with this guy. Im a dumb*ss for ever wanting him in the first place I admit it, now we Laker fans have to pay the price.

2 questions
Would you trade your teams superstar for this guy? Would you want to start your team with him as the best player on your squad?

Ya I know cool story bro lol

Yep just went on my rant

Guppyfighter
02-07-2013, 07:00 PM
I want Dwight if he signs long term. I am thinking Barnes, Bogut, and a first round pick in 2014 for him.

Would the Lakers say yes to this

JNoel
02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
He's going to re-sign. I wouldn't give up on him so fast...

beliges
02-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Lakers should try to get Gasol and Randolph from Memphis for Dwight and a few fillers. What a great pick up it would be for LA.

Sactown
02-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Kings offer Jimmer and a 2nd.

ManRam
02-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I really hope he just walks in FA so spoiled *** Lakers fans like you have to live with that forever

:shrug:

joeystats
02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I would say no only because Bogut barely plays, Bogut has the heart and love of the game tho, Lee and Barnes all day

Guppyfighter
02-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I would say no only because Bogut barely plays, Bogut has the heart and love of the game tho, Lee and Barnes all day

I'd do Lee and Barnes for Dwight, but I am guess you'd be okay with the Bogut trade if you thought he was going to be healthy?

bucketss
02-07-2013, 07:07 PM
shut up and take my money!

joeystats
02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I really hope he just walks in FA so spoiled *** Lakers fans like you have to live with that forever

I'm not a "spoiled" Laker fan so your wrong there, like I said I'd rather have a worse team with a lot of heart, Basketball fan 1st Laker fan 2nd, but I dont blame you for wishing that on Laker fans, most are spoiled

joeystats
02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I'd do Lee and Barnes for Dwight, but I am guess you'd be okay with the Bogut trade if you thought he was going to be healthy?

Yes I would

joeystats
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Lakers should try to get Gasol and Randolph from Memphis for Dwight and a few fillers. What a great pick up it would be for LA.

:pray:

joeystats
02-07-2013, 07:13 PM

I'd hate to see Steph have to deal with him tho he's one of my favs

ManRam
02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not a "spoiled" Laker fan so your wrong there, like I said I'd rather have a worse team with a lot of heart, Basketball fan 1st Laker fan 2nd, but I dont blame you for wishing that on Laker fans, most are spoiled

Most are...and that's not an insult. I'd LOVE to be spoiled by my teams like Lakers fans are. Expectations are always higher. You guys can throw around ANY player's name in free agency. It is what it is...

Mr_Amaziing
02-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Why would you trade for him this year knowing that he'll be a free agent in the off-season??

I would LOVE if he came here to Okc

Amnesty Perkins, Let Martin walk and sign Howard

TrueFan420
02-07-2013, 08:09 PM

Hahaha the griz would laugh at la if they offered that

flclfanman
02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
No one b/c the LA Traderapers would want at least 2 firsts and your 2 best players for him.

Not to mention if Dwight won't sign an extension he probably wont get moved.

flclfanman
02-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Hahaha the griz would laugh at la if they offered that

Why would they? They thought Pau for Kwame Brown was a great idea :bang:

*Silver&Black*
02-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I would trade Horford and only Horford. Other than that, we could just sign him in the summer without giving up Horford. Just trying to give Lakers something.

ATX
02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
He's going to walk at seasons end.

Mr_Jones
02-07-2013, 08:45 PM

you make me not like you.

TrueFan420
02-07-2013, 09:37 PM
The griz were in a very different situation tho when they made that trade Pau was the best player and couldn't take em out of the first round. Now their winning and while they traded gay they did so so that Randolph and gasol could get more touches. They won't break that team up anymore. Maybe Randolph cause he mad but not both.

flclfanman
02-07-2013, 09:49 PM
The griz were in a very different situation tho when they made that trade Pau was the best player and couldn't take em out of the first round. Now their winning and while they traded gay they did so so that Randolph and gasol could get more touches. They won't break that team up anymore. Maybe Randolph cause he mad but not both.

Correction, they've won up until this point when they had Gay,ZBO, and Gasol as their core. Now it looks like they might blow it up if they go ahead and trade Zbo.

That pick worked out nicely, but in terms of personnel value the Pau trade was awful. I don't think MEM would make that trade again if given the opportunity simply because you could have gotten MUCH MORE for him.

You trade the best center is the west (Shaq was gone) for Kwame and a 1st? :eyebrow:

TrueFan420
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Correction, they've won up until this point when they had Gay,ZBO, and Gasol as their core. Now it looks like they might blow it up if they go ahead and trade Zbo.

That pick worked out nicely, but in terms of personnel value the Pau trade was awful. I don't think MEM would make that trade again if given the opportunity simply because you could have gotten MUCH MORE for him.

You trade the best center is the west (Shaq was gone) for Kwame and a 1st? :eyebrow:

Idk i think they got lucky that other gasol brother panned out but knowing what they know now they make that trade again.

Ty Fast
02-07-2013, 09:56 PM
i'll give u bosh and 2 1sts for him

Ty Fast
02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
the lakers could probably get those two for steve blake and jody meeks

thephoenixson28
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Phoenix

Chill_Will_24
02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
I would trade Horford and only Horford. Other than that, we could just sign him in the summer without giving up Horford. Just trying to give Lakers something.

If he walks anywhere it will be to Dallas or Houston. I cannot see him going to ATL. He could have easily gone there last year had he wanted since they had all the assets in the world to send to ORL. Yet they were never even on his list.

Players do not care about going back home as much as people think. Moreover you guys seem to be about to part with his boy Smoove.

Howard in Houston would be amazing. Between him and Royce White the papers would have field days

flclfanman
02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Idk i think they got lucky that other gasol brother panned out but knowing what they know now they make that trade again.

Exactly my point. The pick worked this time, but many times they don't. Gasol could have easily been a Mike Beasely, Darko Millic, or Bargnani calibur player.

Based on the face value of that trade(since no one will know how draft picks will pan out in advance) I don't see MEM doing that again

Would POR trade Aldridge for Barganani and a 1st?

Verbal Christ
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
you trade for dwight because then you retain his bird rights, and max him out for 30 million dollars more over the course of the deal. he cant make the same amount as a FA, and if you think dwight is going to walk away from 30 million then then you're crazy. its obvious where his mind is at.

GREATNESS ONE
02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
^boom.

The OP does not speak for our fan-base.

kombayn
02-08-2013, 03:59 AM
I would trade Dwight Howard for Brook Lopez & 2 Future 1st Round Picks (I would want 3 Future 1st Round Picks) and be done with it. I still think that the Nets ownership and front office want Dwight Howard in the worst way, so go deal him while getting an All-Star center back in return.

TrueFan420
02-08-2013, 04:09 AM
I would trade Dwight Howard for Brook Lopez & 2 Future 1st Round Picks (I would want 3 Future 1st Round Picks) and be done with it. I still think that the Nets ownership and front office want Dwight Howard in the worst way, so go deal him while getting an All-Star center back in return.

They don't want him that bad and its look he might walk from la

grizznation88
02-08-2013, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't want him. In my opinion he gives up on his team and has no hustle left. I think it is selfish to have so much talent and and not even give 60%. I feel in Orlando he quit when he realized things weren't going his way. He is a baby and not a professional in my opinion. Any team to take the risk could make the biggest mistake but then again could catch lightning in a bottle. I hope he rekindles his flame because I do enjoy watching Dwight play when he is giving 100%.

king4day
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Suns don't have enough assets to trade for him but I'd most def sign him as a free agent. If the Suns can just get a chance to talk to him then anything is possible. I don't think LA will regret not trading him though. They aren't going to get as much as Orlando did (which isn't a lot) so they may as well hope to get him to resign.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Dwight is a little diva *****, but maybe he isn't the problem in LA. I'm looking at you Kirby Bryant

Bixby Lane
02-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Loved this rant.

All talent/no heart does well on internet forum rankings.

In the real world, not so much...

infernoscurse
02-08-2013, 10:56 AM
i didnt think it was possible to have someone more hated than lebron but atleast lebron gives it his all , dwight deserves to be put in his place by teams, since he cries and teams move and do his way he thinks he can get away with everything. bench him, dont sign him,screw him!

Bixby Lane
02-08-2013, 10:57 AM

I wouldn't trade Lopex for Howard straight up.

Hellcrooner
02-08-2013, 11:24 AM
He only wants brooklyn, Dallas or Hawks.
Wont resign anywhere else.

So.

This are the ONLY offers i would take if im the lakers.

Hawks:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a6a7eza

Mavs: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bg4p7a2 + mavs first rounders 2013 and 2015

Nets: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b45a9tf + 1 first rounder from nets

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Houston is deff an option for Dwight now also I believe .... and I think its his best option IMO

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Those trades seem decent except for the nets one... Noway they give up Lopez brooks and humps for Dwight and mwp

ll_eric_ll
02-08-2013, 11:55 AM
MAVS lol,... Dallas would love having Dwight, and I think D12 will enjoy being in Big D as well##D12toBigD

waveycrockett
02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Dwight Looks like Kwame Brown out there no way I want him

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Lmao

sp1derm00
02-08-2013, 12:42 PM

So.

Mavs: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bg4p7a2 + mavs first rounders 2013 and 2015

Nets: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b45a9tf + 1 first rounder from nets

That Nets trade would be ridiculously good for LA.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Brooks
Clark/Kobe
Pau/Humphries
Lopez/Pau

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Brook is from Los Angeles.....................

PleaseBeNice
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Nah, I think I'm good without this ***** *** vagina

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Houston is deff an option for Dwight now also I believe .... and I think its his best option IMO

it's the perfect option for him, the guy that taught hakeem his moves is there too, and just look at what that's done for Asik.

Pistol_Pete
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
This whole thing with Dwight is one of the most out of hand things in sports ever. He seemingly doesn't like LA. He doesn't fit the team or the coach. He never wanted to be there. He doesn't like being behind Kobe. But, if he leaves, he leaves something like $30million on the table. That's tough. I can't see him doing that. And there's the whole "in a big market he gets more Adidas money" thing. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, he'd certainly lose money going to Dallas or Houston or somewhere that's not LA, NYC, Chicago, or Boston. He messed up. He should have just opted out and gone to the Nets, and everyone would be fine.

Back to your original question. I think some people are concerned with him now. I thought the Brook Lopez to Minnesota, Kevin Love to LA, Dwight to Brookyln was a deal that made sense and benefitted everyone. Now I'm not so sure if I would want to give up Lopez. I have a feeling that if that's all it took though, the Nets would do it. Another one that might make sense is Cousins for Dwight, but then you have the whole extension thing. If I were the Celtics I'd trade Garnett or Piece plus some fillers for him.

t's tough. His value has certainly gone down, but his cost has probably stayed the same.

Stinkyoutsider
02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
I totally agree with the OP on this.

It makes you think about whether this guy is worth all of the headache? Could we call this guy a diva?

Howard is a tough guy to figure out? All this talk back and forth in the media is a huge problem for the Lakers. It's just so hard for the squad to concentrate on beating guys if he's doing all this chirping to the media. Of course the media in LA is tough and they're all over Howard, but he's got to be smarter.

I think as far as game, he's a step or 2 behind the top centers in the league offensively and relies too much on his athletic ability to be a factor on defense. A shame really because he's young and can get away with playing this way but when he gets older and less athletic, he's going to have serious problems.

Now, with all that out of the way, I'm still taking Howard on the Bulls. Some of his flaws can be worked out or buffered by a team who has the right type players around him. Guys who are tough minded and wouldn't mind mentoring Howard on becoming stronger minded because he's hurting the Lakers.

Celtics33
02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I'd trade a healthy Rondo for a Healthy Dwight, granted I know I've got Dwight secured to a contract for the foreseeable future.

beliges
02-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Dwight has gotten exposed in LA as highly overrated. He refuses to play after being cleared by doctors and when he gets called out for it, he steps on the floor and puts in zero effort when.his team.needs him the most. I can almost guarantee Kobe will not take that kind of effort very lightly and a major bomb will be dropped unless Dwight puts forth maximum effort. Just pathetic effort from Dwight.

As a superstar and a supposed franchise player, you need to do all you can to help your team and Dwight has been just a liability for the Lakers all year with his lack of offense, his high turnover rate and his constant complaining about not getting touches. I cannot understand why he demands more touches when he has been a complete offensive liability.

Dwight doesn't want to be a laker and its clearly showing.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Dwight has gotten exposed in LA as highly overrated. He refuses to play after being cleared by doctors and when he gets called out for it, he steps on the floor and puts in zero effort when.his team.needs him the most. I can almost guarantee Kobe will not take that kind of effort very lightly and a major bomb will be dropped unless Dwight puts forth maximum effort. Just pathetic effort from Dwight.

As a superstar and a supposed franchise player, you need to do all you can to help your team and Dwight has been just a liability for the Lakers all year with his lack of offense, his high turnover rate and his constant complaining about not getting touches. I cannot understand why he demands more touches when he has been a complete offensive liability.

Dwight doesn't want to be a laker and its clearly showing.

Dwight doesn't want to be a Laker because he's being treated as unimportant. He gets 8 shots per game while Kobe freely chucks up shots like they're nothing. Stop blaming it on Dwight when it was LAL who started winning when Kobe adjusted. And I love how you keep saying Dwight is purposely screwing with the LAL. For what reason will he do that? So he can hurt his reputation further? He was clearly hurt and playing with lots of discomfort. The doctors clearing him doesn't mean he should be playing. He's able to play but the question is, how much will it limit him to?

You guys just love pointing fingers at anyone but Kobe. He's been a liability? Dwight is averaging a better FG% than last year. He's averaging more blocks. He's playing less minutes. You bring up turnovers but fail to realize that he's averaging less turnovers than he did last year. Actually, he's averaging the least amount of turnovers since his 05-06 season. You're a typical Kobe rider who will find every reason to explain why LAL are losing. It's never Kobe, just the teammates that he bragged about having before they won a game.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Dwight has no long time security, if he gets hurt while playing that could cost him his career. He needs to rest it he has a big contract coming in July.

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
you know, i don't even buy that he's the best center in the league. never did. and not because of lack of heart or passion. he's just a guy that made it into the league by virtue of being tall and athletic. he doesn't have bball skills.

Laker fan here

***** Dwight, i'm done with this a**hole, he doesn't love or respect the game, i'd rather have a scrub that plays his heart out. There is a difference between loving the game and being in love with the game.... big difference!!! This d*uche takes advantage of his natural ability and I could careless if he's the "best center" in the league, he could be the "best player" in the league if he wanted to but no desire, give me players who love to play ball more than anything with Kobe/Lebron/Durant type passion and less skill all day over this clown and I don't even care if we are a worse team. I'm talking players that wake up in the morning and go to bed at night thinking basketball, not a douche who wakes up thinking about video games, commercials, and shopping. No f*cking heart with this guy. Im a dumb*ss for ever wanting him in the first place I admit it, now we Laker fans have to pay the price.

2 questions
Would you trade your teams superstar for this guy? Would you want to start your team with him as the best player on your squad?

Ya I know cool story bro lol

Yep just went on my rant

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Dwight has no long time security, if he gets hurt while playing that could cost him his career. He needs to rest it he has a big contract coming in July.

Exactly.. Why should he risk his career for a team that doesn't even treat him like the force he is? He needs to wait for this year to end and find a team that will truly appreciate his ability. Bringing Dwight to LAL damaged his career because like Bynum said, playing with Bryant doesn't allow you to play 100% since Bryant hogs the ball so much.

joeystats
02-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Dwight doesn't want to be a Laker because he's being treated as unimportant. He gets 8 shots per game while Kobe freely chucks up shots like they're nothing. Stop blaming it on Dwight when it was LAL who started winning when Kobe adjusted. And I love how you keep saying Dwight is purposely screwing with the LAL. For what reason will he do that? So he can hurt his reputation further? He was clearly hurt and playing with lots of discomfort. The doctors clearing him doesn't mean he should be playing. He's able to play but the question is, how much will it limit him to?

You guys just love pointing fingers at anyone but Kobe. He's been a liability? Dwight is averaging a better FG% than last year. He's averaging more blocks. He's playing less minutes. You bring up turnovers but fail to realize that he's averaging less turnovers than he did last year. Actually, he's averaging the least amount of turnovers since his 05-06 season. You're a typical Kobe rider who will find every reason to explain why LAL are losing. It's never Kobe, just the teammates that he bragged about having before they won a game.

I won't blame Kobe, his results speak for themselves. Every year I hear people say Kobe is the problem yet he's won 5 chips and been to 7 of the last 13 NBA finals, his style of play is "high risk high reward" always has been and always will be, but damn the rewards have been great so I'll live and die with Kobe all day. He shoots us out of games sometimes and shoots us back into games other times, it's just how it is. We have lost plenty games because of Kobe over his career but have won even more games because of him. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Corey
02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I'd still take him on the Celtics with a max contract in a heartbeat.

justinnum1
02-08-2013, 03:10 PM
i think he is gone.

shep33
02-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Hope we keep him and give him his 100+ mill

LA4life24/8
02-08-2013, 03:14 PM

So.

i would do hawks deal in a heartbeat, nets deal probably cuz of pick, and dallas deal i dont think so, find a different filler other than clark and id do it though

joeystats
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
you know, i don't even buy that he's the best center in the league. never did. and not because of lack of heart or passion. he's just a guy that made it into the league by virtue of being tall and athletic. he doesn't have bball skills.

Ya I don't exactly think he's the best center in the league either, at one time I did but I was clearly wrong, but most people say he is. Like you said no bball skills. However I do believe he could be the best player in the league if he had the desire because of his size and athletic ability, if he dedicated time to get those skills. I've seen plenty players gain the skills over time, but this guy thinks he's good enough which is unacceptable.

shep33
02-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I don't think we'll trade him. Honestly, as bad as this season has been, I don't think there is a better spot for him out there.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Dwight is that huge nice guy you grow up with that has zero balls and just lets people half his size rip on him all day long and does nothing about it. Dude is a straight puss.

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I won't blame Kobe, his results speak for themselves. Every year I hear people say Kobe is the problem yet he's won 5 chips and been to 7 of the last 13 NBA finals, his style of play is "high risk high reward" always has been and always will be, but damn the rewards have been great so I'll live and die with Kobe all day. He shoots us out of games sometimes and shoots us back into games other times, it's just how it is. We have lost plenty games because of Kobe over his career but have won even more games because of him. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Oh yeah, Kobe definitely got his team to the Finals. It wasn't Shaq, Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Horry, or Fisher. None of them!

6/24 game 7 vs Boston.

If LeBron ever went 6/24, no way in hell was he ever going to win.

bucketss
02-08-2013, 03:44 PM
laker fans looking for a scape goat every one has received heavy criticism except for the brick mamba.

AIRMAR72
02-08-2013, 03:44 PM
1.hawks
2.rockects
3.mavs
4bobcats

Sactown
02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Jimmer and a 2nd

joeystats
02-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh yeah, Kobe definitely got his team to the Finals. It wasn't Shaq, Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Horry, or Fisher. None of them!

6/24 game 7 vs Boston.

Never said it was "just" him, always takes other players, but we all know they wouldn't of got there all those times without him, just like they wouldn't of got there without Shaq, Gasol etc.

What does Lebron have to do with anything? He's the best player in the league and could make up for a bad shooting game with other things, just like Kobe had a career high in rebounds that game while going 6/24. That desire is a tuff mothaf*cka to beat

joeystats
02-08-2013, 03:49 PM
I always love the Kobe hate, that's the reason he has had the career he has and still has the drive.

JackB
02-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Dwight Howard is garbage. I would rather lose with guys that care about the game. He just cares about himself and his money.I hope owners shut him out next year. A waste of talent and money. He's trash !!!!!

joeystats
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Dwight Howard is garbage. I would rather lose with guys that care about the game. He just cares about himself and his money.I hope owners shut him out next year. A waste of talent and money. He's trash !!!!!

Bingo!!!! Rather lose too

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Never said it was "just" him, always takes other players, but we all know they wouldn't of got there all those times without him, just like they wouldn't of got there without Shaq, Gasol etc.

What does Lebron have to do with anything? He's the best player in the league and could make up for a bad shooting game with other things, just like Kobe had a career high in rebounds that game while going 6/24. That desire is a tuff mothaf*cka to beat

I'm sorry but you failed to realize the point. Kobe had a team to help carry him when he was struggling. If LeBron ever shot 6/24, they wouldn't even come close to winning.

SteBO
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Dwight is that huge nice guy you grow up with that has zero balls and just lets people half his size rip on him all day long and does nothing about it. Dude is a straight puss.
And just what do you want him to do? He knows everything he says is going to be magnified and nitpicked because people at this point are just going to rip into him for the sake of ripping into him. He's becoming the Tony Romo of the Lakers now........

Hellcrooner
02-08-2013, 04:22 PM
i would do hawks deal in a heartbeat, nets deal probably cuz of pick, and dallas deal i dont think so, find a different filler other than clark and id do it though

oh, it was supposed to be ebanks, i guess i put the wrong minimum contract there :p

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 04:23 PM
And just what do you want him to do? He knows everything he says is going to be magnified and nitpicked because people at this point are just going to rip into him for the sake of ripping into him. He's becoming the Tony Romo of the Lakers now........

Stand up for himself? Kobe wants to keep verbally *****slapping him to the media? Than *****slap him back to the media. Hes gotta be a man before a pro.

All I'm saying is hes extremely soft, mentally fragile, but like you said, at this point, hes made his bed, hes earned his little ***** rep, not much he can do about it now, hes gonna have to repair things over time.

I think the best thing he can do now is either tell Kobe to **** off, get surgery, ask for a trade, and start fresh next year or actually play some inspired basketball and spark his team and not walk around like a heartless zombie out there.

Either defend yourself and your pride as a man or respond to Kobe's call to action in a positive way and plays inspired ball that helps his team. Instead of doing either, he just sulks, goes thru the motions, plays even though he doesn't want to, whines to the media after the game, and avoids confronting the root of the issues at hand so the issues continuously reappear.

beliges
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM

LOL. Youre calling me a Kobe rider? Not sure where that even came from. Furthermore, not sure what you want Kobe to do about Dwight getting 9 shot attempts (which is pretty much the same amount of shot attempts hes always gotten). If you watch Dwight play this year, you would know that when he gets the ball in the post, he is a complete liability on offense. His offensive game is poor to say the least. He has no post up ability whatsoever, he is a turnover machine this season and when he does have an open dunk/layup, he gets fouled because he is a terrible free throw shooter. Dwight is not a guy you ride offensively. He doesnt deserve to have more than 8-9 shots per game because he cant do anything with the ball offensively. You couple that with the fact that he is unable to pass off the double team, and you have a complete offensive liability.

And boo hoo he feels unimportant my ***. Dwight is a superstar and supposed franchise player. He needs to play like one. He needs to stick to what he does best and thats rebound and defense. The Lakers dont need him to score, and thats because he has not displayed an ability to flourish offensively.

I would be the first person to blame Kobe if there was a justifiable to reason to blame him. But what exactly has Kobe done this season to blame Kobe? Not sure you are very privy to what it going on with the Lakers team.

And enough with ohh Dwight is playing hurt. Everyone is hurt right now and DWIGHT HAS BEEN CLEARED TO PLAY BY TEAM DOCTORS. This is simply Dwight being exposed as a highly overrated player. Right when his team needs him the most, he mops and plays half heartedly and he is actually hurting his team with him on the floor. I can assure you that Lakers fans will not accept that kind of effort from Dwight and clearly Kobe will not as well. Dwight will need to stop being a little ***** and play hard for this team. If he cannot handle the pressures of playing for a franchise like the Lakers, then he needs to go and sign with a Brooklyn or a Houston team next season. These antics will not be tolerated by Laker fans. They expect much more from their superstars, and given the fact that they have been spoiled with kobe for the last 17 seasons, Dwight has a long ways to go before people in LA give him their ultimate support.

beliges
02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Stand up for himself? Kobe wants to keep verbally *****slapping him to the media? Than *****slap him back to the media. Hes gotta be a man before a pro.

But like you said, at this point, hes made his bed, hes earned his little ***** rep, not much he can do about it now, hes gonna have to repair things over time.

All I'm saying is hes extremely soft, mentally fragile, but you are right, theres not a whole lot he can do about it at this point.

Im not sure what Kobe did that was so out of line. You understand Dwight has been cleared to play by team doctors for well over a week now. When Pau went down, the Lakers needed Dwight more than ever before. Kobe was simply trying to make a point so Dwight can get off his *** and play. But Dwight came in, and put forth an embarassing effort out there in Boston, and cost his team a HUGE game. Its not only embarassing for Dwight, as a supposed franchise player, but its insulting to his teammates and his team.

I have never seen an elite player, elect to sit, when hes been cleared by doctors to play, when their team needed them desperately with the season on the line. I guess this is the new school generation of NBA superstars. And as a life-long NBA fan, it is absolutely terrible to watch.

D-Leethal
02-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Im not sure what Kobe did that was so out of line. You understand Dwight has been cleared to play by team doctors for well over a week now. When Pau went down, the Lakers needed Dwight more than ever before. Kobe was simply trying to make a point so Dwight can get off his *** and play. But Dwight came in, and put forth an embarassing effort out there in Boston, and cost his team a HUGE game. Its not only embarassing for Dwight, as a supposed franchise player, but its insulting to his teammates and his team.

I have never seen an elite player, elect to sit, when hes been cleared by doctors to play, when their team needed them desperately with the season on the line. I guess this is the new school generation of NBA superstars. And as a life-long NBA fan, it is absolutely terrible to watch.

What Kobe is doing wrong is constantly trying to channel his inner Phil Jackson and motivate Dwight thru the media - Its not working - Dwight is too fragile for that. I am not defending Dwight here, I'm saying he needs to either defend himself as a man, or plays for his teammates like a man. Right now hes not doing either. I don't really blame Kobe but hes doing nothing but chasing Dwight out of town at this point.

beliges
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
What Kobe is doing wrong is constantly trying to channel his inner Phil Jackson and motivate Dwight thru the media - Its not working - Dwight is too fragile for that. I am not defending Dwight here, I'm saying he needs to either defend himself as a man, or plays for his teammates like a man. Right now hes not doing either. I don't really blame Kobe but hes doing nothing but chasing Dwight out of town at this point.

I understand what you are saying, but you need to keep in mind that this is desperation mode for Kobe and the Lakers. Before Pau went down, Kobe kept his mouth shut about Dwight's half hearted and frankly, embarassing effort thus far. The fact that Dwight had been cleared to play by team doctors and refused to play was something Kobe did not really bring up publicly until Pau went down and the lakers saw themselves another couple of losses away from the season being officially over. Sorry, nobody can blame KObe for what he did. Dwight was simply refusing to play even though he was cleared to do so. The Lakers cannot afford losing at all, and Kobe knew they needed Dwight to play. Well, Dwight played and put forth that absolutely embarassing performance out there yesterday costing the Lakers a game and possibly a trip to the playoffs.

Bottom line, if you are a supposed franchise player, you need to be out there, playing your butt off for your team.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Refused to start another la thread but I thought this was an interesting read ... comments from Dwight's father
http://m.ajc.com/weblogs/jeff-schultz/2013/feb/08/dwight-howards-father-comes-his-defense-would-he-s/

This quote is the truth and seems like a big problem for Dwight to me this year so far
He believes Howard received some bad advice from representatives last year: “I don’t think he realized some of the things he was being blessed with in Orlando.”*The Lakers’ situation, he said, has worn on Howard. “L.A. has been like humble pie for him," he said. "When you go from being the man in one city (Orlando) to second or third tier, it takes a toll on you mentally.”*Atlanta Journal-Constitution

RLundi
02-09-2013, 06:21 PM
refused to start another la thread but i thought this was an interesting read ... Comments from dwight's father
http://m.ajc.com/weblogs/jeff-schultz/2013/feb/08/dwight-howards-father-comes-his-defense-would-he-s/

this quote is the truth and seems like a big problem for dwight to me this year so far
he believes howard received some bad advice from representatives last year: “i don’t think he realized some of the things he was being blessed with in orlando.”*the lakers’ situation, he said, has worn on howard. “l.a. Has been like humble pie for him," he said. "when you go from being the man in one city (orlando) to second or third tier, it takes a toll on you mentally.”*atlanta journal-constitution

Lol L-O-V-E.

I-T.

joeystats
02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
This guy is p*ssified

fresh prince
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM

Same here.. We can use that money elsewhere.. Theres no way to get real value for him now.

DoMeFavors
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Question is

Where does Dwight want to go? he doesnt want LA

ChitownSports16
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Booz for D12. Take it or leave it :)

Shkelqim
02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Send him back to Disney World hes a goofy kid.

Iron24th
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM

6/24 game 7 vs Boston.

How many titles have they won without him?

Nuff said.

chad78
02-11-2013, 06:56 PM
As a magic fan I think that we as a whole will be better in a couple years then we would of been if we would of kept him around!

cheesypacker
02-11-2013, 07:00 PM
I agree he isn't putting is all in it. but Maybe he will turn around and realize it's time to get it together

sunnydayin'zona
02-11-2013, 07:02 PM
How many titles have they won without him?

Nuff said.

4, actually. How many has Kobe won without them? 0.

GThawks
02-11-2013, 07:18 PM
If he walks anywhere it will be to Dallas or Houston. I cannot see him going to ATL. He could have easily gone there last year had he wanted since they had all the assets in the world to send to ORL. Yet they were never even on his list.

Players do not care about going back home as much as people think. Moreover you guys seem to be about to part with his boy Smoove.

Howard in Houston would be amazing. Between him and Royce White the papers would have field days

That's not true at all. Orlando straight up told us that there is no way they'd trade him within the division. I think we'd have a better shot than Houston and Dallas and Dwight's father said Dwight would love to finish his career in Atlanta.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm confused ... he isn't on Orlando lol

jmoney85
02-11-2013, 07:33 PM
That's not true at all. Orlando straight up told us that there is no way they'd trade him within the division. I think we'd have a better shot than Houston and Dallas and Dwight's father said Dwight would love to finish his career in Atlanta.

when did dwights dad say that?

odiz
02-11-2013, 07:42 PM

People forget they got Marc Gasol aswell. Pau can barely crack the Lakers rotation and Marc is a top 3 center in the NBA. So not so lopsided anymore.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Refused to start another la thread but I thought this was an interesting read ... comments from Dwight's father

This quote is the truth and seems like a big problem for Dwight to me this year so far
He believes Howard received some bad advice from representatives last year: “I don’t think he realized some of the things he was being blessed with in Orlando.”*The Lakers’ situation, he said, has worn on Howard. “L.A. has been like humble pie for him," he said. "When you go from being the man in one city (Orlando) to second or third tier, it takes a toll on you mentally.”*Atlanta Journal-Constitution

@j money I think it was mentioned in the link I posted there

Nick O
02-11-2013, 08:59 PM
you just want a guy who plays hard??? wel give you aaron gray

jmoney85
02-11-2013, 09:04 PM
@j money I think it was mentioned in the link I posted there

“Dwight hasn’t said anything about Atlanta, either. But he likes home. I think he would love to end his career here, even though he hasn’t said that publicly.”

THINKBLUE15
02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
It's all moot. Stern will veto it.

Collings94
02-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I think anyone would be hesitant to give him a max contract.

There is a GM out there, maybe in Brooklyn, maybe in Dallas, maybe somewhere else, that will stupidly and blindly give him a max contract, and it will bite them in the ***.

Supreme LA
02-11-2013, 10:56 PM
It was already reported last year that Dwight doesn't EVER want to play in his hometown.

amos1er
02-11-2013, 11:02 PM

Tell us how your really feel.

NJrockPD
02-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Send him to the bulls for Boozer and Hamilton.

TheNumber37
02-11-2013, 11:32 PM
grizzilies hould see if they can get Zbo Randolph or Marc Gasol. preferably Gasol to pair with his brother in a seamless transition

zbo would be more in the win now, though, but they'd have to get another center.

Dwight has limited options in the off-season considering his preferred Brooklyn destination is no longer viable. Resigning him is committing to him with Kobe and Nash, and presumably mike d for a win it all or immediately rebuild next season.
Send him to Phoenix for Gortat. brooks scola, Dudley and a draft picks.

I bet he jumps ship to go play in Houston to go live in another big's shadow.

Cracka2HI!
02-11-2013, 11:51 PM
The Lakers should keep Howard and ship out D'Antoni and Nash. Howard is the franchise player, they know it. They should build around him if they want to keep him. I don't think it's what best for him, but if they are committed to him they should commit to him because he ain't committing to anyone but himself.

AI
02-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Amare and a second round pick for Howard? Get it done.

Losoway
02-12-2013, 06:10 AM
you guys letting one bad year for dwight clouding your brain thoughts. DWIGHT IS TOP CENTER AND CAN CHANGE THE GAME . HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH KOBE THATS IT , I WOULD TAKE DWIGHT ON MY NETS IN A HEART BEAT. A HEART BEAT

A-Real-D12-Fan
02-12-2013, 08:38 AM
One bad year now how he's garbage, i really hope he leaves LA, get healthy in the off season and signs with Huston

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2013, 09:24 AM
^ wonder who that is ... user name looks O so familiar lol

trueblue83
02-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Well I imagine all teams want Him, however his and Kobes egos not meshn to well like Lebron and Dwade (yes they all have egos). IMO he would be a good fit with D.Rose, a more behind the lights superstar, and that would allow the spotlight on Howard. Brooklyn dont need him and too many other stars in New York on all levels...Also, Boston wouldnt be bad , but not until Garnett retires! His Offensive games extends about as far as his reach kinda like Shaq, but HE IS NO SHAQ! He needs a facilitator like Blake Griffin has Chris Paul.

joeystats
02-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Well I imagine all teams want Him, however his and Kobes egos not meshn to well like Lebron and Dwade (yes they all have egos). IMO he would be a good fit with D.Rose, a more behind the lights superstar, and that would allow the spotlight on Howard. Brooklyn dont need him and too many other stars in New York on all levels...Also, Boston wouldnt be bad , but not until Garnett retires! His Offensive games extends about as far as his reach kinda like Shaq, but HE IS NO SHAQ! He needs a facilitator like Blake Griffin has Chris Paul.

I hope they start making some offers

Sly Guy
02-12-2013, 02:28 PM

he has steve nash right now. And he doesn't want a facilitator. He wants the ball. But not off a pick and roll, cuz shaq says that's all he can do. So Howard wants the ball where he sucks to prove his doubters wrong. Unfortunately, Howard doesn't understand that proving your doubters wrong starts on the practice court, not during a regular season drive to the playoffs.

justinnum1
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
One bad year now how he's garbage, i really hope he leaves LA, get healthy in the off season and signs with Huston

d12 fan, he is not signing in houston

ChicagoFan4Eva
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
The bulls should trade Noah for him :) All star swap

Sly Guy
02-12-2013, 03:56 PM
The bulls should trade Noah for him :) All star swap

If I'm chicago I wouldn't. No offense. Noah's the heart and soul of that team. Trade him for Dwight and you get a diva instead of a fierce competitor. Talent-wise, it looks great, but Noah brings more than what shows up on stat sheets, IMO.

Money_23
02-12-2013, 04:39 PM
biggest disgrace in NBA history. :facepalm:

King41
02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
interesting offseason my head(moneywise) says Lakers my heart says Dallas
money > heart

joeystats
02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Looks like this p*ssy will be staying in purp and gold.... Lakers are f*cked :facepalm:

leftymo
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Lakers are known for great players. Dwight isn't that...

The team will stick to their guns, but Lakers fans question whether they want this guy as the face of the franchise. He's not committed to winning, nor will do what it takes to win.

That's why Brooklyn makes the most sense.

leftymo
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Looks like this p*ssy will be staying in purp and gold.... Lakers are f*cked :facepalm:

If i had a nickel for everytime I've read that, I'd be very very rich, and also enjoyed multiple championships and finals appearances.

ManRam
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah. I think you're crazy if you believe the Lakers are better off long term without Dwight than they are with him.

justinnum1
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah. I think you're crazy if you believe the Lakers are better off long term without Dwight than they are with him.

if i'm the lakers i seriously consider doing this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ab2pdfv

also, if the lakers are keeping mike D, keeping dwight would be stupid.

jer3miah
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
OK, I know this is not possible, because of no re-aquiring but here is my offer from Orlando. I will give you Big Baby, Hedo, Harrington for Dwight and Jodie Meeks. Then I would refuse to re-sign Dwight in the offseason and refuse to do any sign and trades. (So basicly I will take the headcase back for the rest of this season just to dump 21mil in salary). lol

GREATNESS ONE
02-20-2013, 06:09 PM
He stays in LaLa Land.

GREATNESS ONE
02-20-2013, 06:10 PM

Preach !!!!

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Kupchak wants him lol.

LA4life24/8
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
oh, it was supposed to be ebanks, i guess i put the wrong minimum contract there :p

oh haha! okay, fair enough, id consider it then, if dwight says he wants out then wed have no choice, but i really think id rather send him to the hawks or bkn to get him out of the west, let bron bron deal w him some more :P

LA4life24/8
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM

add teague to that or the lakers would not do it; i think the hawks would do it because then theyd be able to keep two perennial players in dwight and smith, theyd still have devin harris and lou williams, with morrow as well, theyd be pretty decent

justinnum1
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
add teague to that or the lakers would not do it; i think the hawks would do it because then theyd be able to keep two perennial players in dwight and smith, theyd still have devin harris and lou williams, with morrow as well, theyd be pretty decent
if the hawks add teague, then the lakers need to add clark.

LA4life24/8
02-20-2013, 06:46 PM
if the hawks add teague, then the lakers need to add clark.

no way dude! your kidding me right? you think a 100% dwight is only really worth horford/korver? you also dont think that the hawks value keeping star players at all? right now they are going to deal smith period. but if they made a play for dwight howard top 2 center in the leauge mind you, theyd keep him, and smith.

even if they sucked the rest of this year ( which they wouldnt because their interior defense would be very strong) theyd be able to get a top 5 pick to pair with howard/smith/lou will ( those three alone are a playoff team)

ManRam
02-20-2013, 06:53 PM

Meh. If I'm LA and Dwight is leaving, I'm not gonna want a guy like Horford back. He's good and all, but Kobe only has a few years left in the tank, and Horford isn't putting them over the top. If they suck with Dwight, they're gonna suck as much, if not more, with Horford. I don't know if the team or the fans have the patience for it, but they're better off waiting for Kobe and Pau's contracts to expire and going from there...rather than adding a big 4 year deal.