PDA

View Full Version : Oden now favoring spurs and bobcats.

Mckphins
02-07-2013, 04:26 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/agent-says-oden-now-eyeing-spurs-bobcats-228456.html

Personally I think the spurs would be the best place for him. Learning under Duncan would be huge

JNoel
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
He's after the $$$

kdspurman
02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Looks like he'll have several options possibly. For the right price, he's worth the risk.

YoungOne
02-07-2013, 05:02 PM
probably just more bs from his agent to get more teams interested...

last week it was the cavs and the heat..

Mr_Amaziing
02-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I could see him in Charlotte

hidalgo
02-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Mr Glass himself. he'll last 13 games maybe

LongIslandIcedZ
02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
A Duncan-Oden front court would be pretty scary front court defensively. Health permitting, of course.

king4day
02-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Charlotte needs him more than any team so far. They have 0 bigman scoring.
He can be paid well and would be a big part of the rebuilding in the event he can finally remain healthy.

HouRealCoach
02-07-2013, 05:21 PM
He needs to get himself in Phoenix... They revived Shaq & Grant Hill's career

He115ing
02-07-2013, 05:40 PM
"Favoring"- LMAO. He will be lucky if he plays at least one game in the D League before shattering into a million pieces.

Mckphins
02-07-2013, 06:04 PM
"Favoring"- LMAO. He will be lucky if he plays at least one game in the D League before shattering into a million pieces.

Lmao? Yes because injuries are hilarious huh?

He115ing
02-07-2013, 06:08 PM

Whys so butt hurt bro? I was laughing at the fact that the title says favoring. He is a bust in my eyes and I don't see him ever living up to his potential even if he ever does come back from his injuries, which I highly doubt.

JAZZNC
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
He will never, ever make an impact. It would be a miracle if he could just stay healthy for a year much less accomplish anything on the court.

OceanSpray
02-07-2013, 06:30 PM
He needs to come to Miami.. The team that actually needs and wants him.

justinnum1
02-07-2013, 06:37 PM
His agent is jerking everyone around. Funny thing is he is wasting his time with a lot of these teams, miami and other teams over the cap cant offer anything more than vet min(or tax payers mle). I expect oden to go for the money, wether thats cleveland or charlotte

TornadoOfSouls
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
His agent is jerking everyone around. Funny thing is he is wasting his time with a lot of these teams, miami and other teams over the cap cant offer anything more than vet min(or tax payers mle). I expect oden to go for the money, wether thats cleveland or charlotte

Correct. Though I don't think Cleveland is stupid enough to jeopardize their cap flexibility for damaged goods like Oden. Charlotte's his best hope.

TornadoOfSouls
02-07-2013, 06:42 PM
And I might be wrong but I think SAS has a full roster after signing that big Aussie dude a week ago.

knicks=love
02-07-2013, 07:06 PM
the fact that he's deciding between arguably the worst and arguably the best team is ****ing hilarious.

OceanSpray
02-07-2013, 07:25 PM
the fact that he's deciding between arguably the worst and arguably the best team is ****ing hilarious.

Crappy team= Make a bigger name for yourself, get more opportunities.
Good team= Not much.

I think Oden still thinks he can resurrect his career...

Guppyfighter
02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Good team= Not much.

Yeah NBA players typically have a good amount of confidence in themselves.

TornadoOfSouls
02-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Good team= Not much.

I doubt teams like Heat/Spurs are even intereseted in him, to be honest. He's just throwing names around to get somebody to bite on a contract.

OceanSpray
02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
I doubt teams like Heat/Spurs are even intereseted in him, to be honest. He's just throwing names around to get somebody to bite on a contract.

I think Heat were interested since nearly 6 months ago.

Kucka
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM

I concur. Or at least go to an organization where he can be a role player and not be expected to play more than 20 minutes a game. I honestly can't see this guy ever being a 30+ minute guy again due his injury history.

Kucka
02-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Good team= Not much.

Bad Team = more minutes = buh bye Oden

Good Team = limited minutes = NBA career

Mataro41
02-08-2013, 12:19 AM
He needs to go where he can learn from another big man and not have to much pressure on him also with a team with a good physical trainer

JasonJohnHorn
02-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Learning under Duncan would be huge

This.

Duncan as a mentor. Help this guy learn to defend without committing fouls. That would be a great influence on Oden, espcially if he can get healthy.

king4day
02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
If he's smart, he'll take the highest contract offer in the event he gets hurt again. This way he at least has money to support himself with.

MrfadeawayJB
02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
He needs to take his *** to phx so he can get healthy for 1 season

Stinkyoutsider
02-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Smart move if he decides to go to the Spurs. The pressure of him to perform won't be as great as Miami and he can take his time with the training staff to continue a plan to keep him in top shape.

Plus, learning from Pop, Duncan, Parker, and the rest of him will do him good for his career. Plus, Duncan can teach him some moves.

koreancabbage
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
he just wants a place where he can realitically start and work on that next contract.

ottograham14
02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Cleveland expected to offer a 2 year deal with an option on the 3rd year before the deadline. Id rather not have him on the Cavs as tOSU fans will probably put too much pressure on the kid coming back and I will have to listen to unwarranted high expectations for him as a Cavs fan.

If I was him I would go to Phoenix. If that staff and medical team can get Shaq and Grant Hil healthy for as many years they did playing competitive b-ball they could probably do wonders for Oden.

--23--
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
He just need to go to PHX

Wade n Fade
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I still think he wants the Heat. He was begging to come here. Why the Bobcats or the Cavs is beyond me. One organization will still be in the dumps because of MJ. The other is Cleveland, a crappy city with a horrible sports history with one of the most annoying NBA owners ever.

kdspurman
02-08-2013, 05:00 PM
I still think he wants the Heat. He was begging to come here. Why the Bobcats or the Cavs is beyond me. One organization will still be in the dumps because of MJ. The other is Cleveland, a crappy city with a horrible sports history with one of the most annoying NBA owners ever.

Well he did play College at Ohio State and presently lives in Ohio and thus could be something tying him to the Cavs....

OceanSpray
02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Kyrie is about to leave Cleveland.. You can tell.

WITZ
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM

:laugh2: If he really wanted to be there, he would be a member of the heat already.

TrueFan420
02-08-2013, 07:11 PM

This

Lab Rat Robby
02-08-2013, 07:17 PM
now that the spurs have baynes, i don't want them to sign oden. the spurs need to trade blair for a josh smithy kinda sf.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-08-2013, 07:25 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/agent-says-oden-now-eyeing-spurs-bobcats-228456.html

Personally I think the spurs would be the best place for him. Learning under Duncan would be huge

It's not really about learning. It's about staying healthy for him.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-08-2013, 07:25 PM
:laugh2: If he really wanted to be there, he would be a member of the heat already.

He's staying out the whole season and coming back in the offseason, no?

WITZ
02-08-2013, 07:37 PM
He's staying out the whole season and coming back in the offseason, no?

I was under the assumption that he was signing with a team this season ,but not gonna begin playing until next season.

smiddy012
02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm tired of hearing about this guy. Looking forward to when he gets injured again so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-08-2013, 08:23 PM
He just needs to stay healthy to have any sort of career. It really should be as simple as that. I don't want him on the Spurs, I hope he goes to Charlotte where he has no stress and can work on his game.

ClevelandSpider
02-08-2013, 08:53 PM

Why would he go to the Heat, everyone knows LeBron is coming back to Cleveland in 2014 and Wade is on the decline, he'll sign with the Cavs, gives him a better future in the league

IversonIsKrazy
02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I've always thought 2 teams is where he would be amazing;
Spurs - Learning from the greatest PF of all-time, u never know, Oden may do a career turn around.
Suns - Amazing ability to heal.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I was under the assumption that he was signing with a team this season ,but not gonna begin playing until next season.

Why would a team do that? If a team signs him this season, they'll have to pay him salary for the rest of the year. He's clearly weighing his options and signing in the offseason.

WITZ
02-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Why would a team do that? If a team signs him this season, they'll have to pay him salary for the rest of the year. He's clearly weighing his options and signing in the offseason.

Well that article in the front page says the cavs plan to make an offer soon and should Oden choose to sign, it begins immediately. Im guessing a team would do that in order to have said player in the care of their team physicians ,but yeah its a little puzzling as to why a team would do that.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm rooting for him. He's still young enough and has the defensive instincts to be an impact player. Even if he never reaches his full potential... if he stays healthy he can be a quality starter in this league. Personally, I'd like to see him in Cleveland with Kyrie Irving. Get that kid some damn help so people can get on the same page about how awesome he is already.

MiamiLoyal926
02-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Why would he go to the Heat, everyone knows LeBron is coming back to Cleveland in 2014 and Wade is on the decline, he'll sign with the Cavs, gives him a better future in the league

Lebron leaving is a forgone conclusion?!? Since when did it become common knowledge?

If he really wanted to be there, he would be a member of the heat already.

OceanSpray: The heat have yet to extend an invite to meet with them. Your conclusion was derived on limited information. Please limit such assertions when you have not gone through due diligence to support your comment.

Teams may want to lock him in now on the cheap for a 3 year deal with team option after the second. this way, they retain his bird rights in the event he is able to pull a grant hill recovery.(this opinion based on old bird rights rules of past cba)

gwrighter
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Oden needs to retire, the dude just simply has too many physical ailments to be playing professional sports. Any team doctor will need to turn a blind eye during his physical examination for him to make any roster.

ATX
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM

Who is "Everyone"? While that will make for a cute little story next offseason, why on earth would he go back to that city... Especially after the way he was treated by Gilbert and Cavs fans? "If" he opts out of his deal, that's the last place he should go. BTW Wade is playing just fine.

waveycrockett
02-09-2013, 12:26 PM
So he's torn between going to the worst team in the NBA or the best? wtf? Dude should go to the Bobcats at least he will get real burn there and can prove himself.

3RDASYSTEM
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM

And just to think I was right about saying 99pct of psd on here never played bball or sports

laughing at injuries/injured is a sin if you actually are involved and play a sport seriously

so when they laugh it just assures me that they haven't competed a single lick in athletics

worst thing to happen is freak or prolonged injury because now we cant see if healthy no1 ODEN would destroy or get destroyed or standstill it out with the likes of BYNUM/HOWARD/BOGUT/LOPEZ/COUSINS/NOAH/HIBBERT because from what I watched on ODEN at OSU, he was every bit as good as HOWARD/BYNUM, HOWARD had him athletically, but everywhere else was even from eye test

same with G.HILL who destroyed JORDAN/PIPP pretty much everytime they faced him, as a tandem he destroyed'em, then got freakishly injured which killed his career, how is that funny? G.HILL in same boat, you cant count these past yrs he's played, remember hes out of his psd 'prime', or did he reach his prime in PHX with NASH?