PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Stern Says Formal Notice to Relocate Kings has Been Filed

Baller1
02-07-2013, 01:45 AM
@ChrisDaniels5: BREAKING: NBA Commish David Stern says Hansen group has filed formal notice to relocate Kings franchise. #NBASeattle

Best I've got for now, I'm just on my phone. I'll try to get some more sources/links.

lakers4sho
02-07-2013, 01:46 AM
**** seattle

GREATNESS ONE
02-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Damn.

Baller1
02-07-2013, 01:47 AM
With one more procedural move, the Sacramento Kings took another step toward Seattle.

NBA Commissioner David Stern said Wednesday night that the Seattle group led by Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, which recently reached an agreement to purchase the Kings, has formally filed for relocation with the league.

Stern spoke in Minneapolis before the Timberwolves hosted San Antonio. He called the Seattle group "very strong," and said the appropriate committees have been convened to look over the proposed sale of the Kings and the prospective move.

Stern said the relocation proposal calls for the team to play in KeyArena for "two years, possibly three," while a new arena in Seattle is being built.

"We have had submitted a signed agreement to have the team sold to a very strong group from Seattle," Stern said. "We have received an application to have the team moved from Sacramento to Seattle."

The deadline for teams to file for relocation is March 1. It's been expected that the Hansen/Ballmer group would file to move the team, but Stern's comments were the first time that decision had been verified. The filing for relocation is just another step, but big in the efforts to bring professional basketball back to Seattle for the 2013-14 season.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020303356_apbknkingssale.html

LeperMessiah
02-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Sorry Kings fans, I am glad seattle get its team back.

Odominator
02-07-2013, 01:49 AM
As expected. I hope the people of sac get a franchise soon. And for god sakes Charlotte, change yourselves back to the hornets

PleaseBeNice
02-07-2013, 01:49 AM
PSA: This doesn't change anything. We knew this was going to happen. Just a matter of time before SAC reveals their offer

The_Jamal
02-07-2013, 02:33 AM
PSA: This doesn't change anything. We knew this was going to happen. Just a matter of time before SAC reveals their offer

Yep. Sac was prepared for this to happen and really doesn't change anything with the potential move. We have investors with plenty of dough+major financial backers with professional sports experience, 2 potential arena locations that have been vetted already (just need city vote again), and a long history of fan support in Sacramento. It's just a matter of us being able to iron out the details in time for the BoG meeting and give the NBA plenty of time to review the proposal

Sadds The Gr8
02-07-2013, 03:04 AM
it's cool that Seattle gets a team but I feel bad for the kings fans

harm0n1x
02-07-2013, 03:35 AM
it's cool that seattle is going to get their team back, but not okay that sacramento is going to lose their team as well. i love my cavaliers and i've seen on here plenty of times people saying cleveland doesn't deserve an NBA team. but, i'd be absolutely crushed if we lost the cavs. either increase the number of teams or stop stealing from cities that care about such franchises.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-07-2013, 03:58 AM
This is not breaking news. Chris Daniels can eat a dick..

Kings are staying. Sorry Seattle, hope you guys get an expansion team.