PDA

View Full Version : Change to NBA Commentary

Jista
02-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Just a question for everyone out there, how would you feel about a change to commentary for all the games except the ones that are nationally telivised. There is nothing wrong with the commentary as it stands right now other then it can seem less like commentary and more like audio cheerleading at times.

Thus I propose from now one all games one commentator from each team will be selected to provide commentary for each game. For example when the Bulls play the Raptors comentary can be provided by Chuck Swirsky (from the bulls) and Matt Devlin from the Raptors. For the fans it can give us a chance to learn more about the opposing team and it may provide us with more honest comentary.

Thoughts ?

JNoel
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
As long as it doesn't involve Hubie Brown, I'm cool with it.

BleedingGreen9
02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
^lol i like Hubie

I think its a good idea

Lions #81
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I never wanna hear Tommy Heinsohn or that idiot Miami announcer who says "kaboom" when Chalmers or LeBron hit a 3. I don't know his name though.

Keep3HEATSOnMe
02-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Rather see change with NBA refs.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I don't think you understand how sports/basketball broadcasting works.

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2013, 10:40 PM
It would be an interesting experiment. I remember one time I was watching a Pistons game (this was YEARS ago) and Kelly Tripuka and George Blaha were having a conversation for year end award (you know, MVP, DPOY and such). Kelly was just like a fan of the game, saying who should win each award, but George was saying that the Pistons should sweep the awards. Every award George suggested a Piston deserved it. They got to MVP, and George was like: Joe Dumars is my pick (keep in mind, this was like 96 I think, or 93, a year Jordan was in the league, but after the Pistons lost to the Bulls) and Kelly Tripuka just looks at George like he's an alien and then says: Well, I got Michael Jordan down for MVP. And he just gave up at that point, because he realized there was no reasoning with George. lol Kelly Tripuka btw, was AWFUL... there was one game where Joe D was shooting the lights out, and Kelly was like: Joe Dumars is hotter than a.... (long pause, like he didn't know what to say and then) .... camp fire? Like it was a question. Like: Does that work? He had to work on his similes. lol

Seriously though, there are SO many homer commentators.. it's crazy. It would be interesting to mix it up, but that'll never happen.