PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Game Selections

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2013, 04:58 PM
When the league was smaller, every team used to be awarded a player in the All-Star game, though back in the 60's, this only meant that 4 spots would be taken up. If the league were to do that now, every roster spot would be taken up and the All-Star roster would have to be extended to 15 players to accommodate that, so that may not be the best idea. But that said, it does seem to be that the All-Star selection is in need of some change. I think, since the game is for the fans, even though they don't always pick deserving players, that it would be a bad idea to take the fan vote away for the starters. Perhaps the league could create more spots for the team. Perhaps 15 players instead of 12, and perhaps the coaches can pick five reserves and the players can pick 5 reserves. Ultimately, I think we can all agree that the All-NBA team is more prestigious, but still, since the league is so much bigger than it was, and since there are so many more players, it would be nice to see more spots opened up so that more players can be rewarded for their level of play.

Thoughts?

NoahH
02-06-2013, 05:14 PM
I've been saying for a while they should open it up to 15 too. There's some obvious players who are missing from the rosters who deserve it. Curry, JSmoove etc. and then some players who aren't so deserving that fans want to see eg. Lin.