PDA

View Full Version : Injuries abound: Who will replace injured All-Stars?

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Though it is possible for: CP3, BG, Duncan, and Noah to all be healthy in time for the All-Star game, each player is currently on the shelf for their respective teams, and with the game only a week and a half away, there may be some spots opening up.

So... that said, should there be spots available, who are the players you think are in line to get on the team?

For me, Josh Smith and Stephen Curry are at the top of the list. If those guys make either team, I will be happy. Who you got?

ChitownbullsBG7
02-06-2013, 04:29 PM
David west, all horford, Carlos boozer all before josh smith.

Cool007
02-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't think there should be any replacements (Didn't like the Lopez for Rondo's replacement). The guys who were selected by the Fans and the coaches are the only ones should be playing.

Why select more and more because of an injury to a player or two. They would still have 10 or more all-star players and that should be enough.

I don't like the idea of 13-14 all-stars in any given year.

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2013, 04:39 PM
David west, all horford, Carlos boozer all before josh smith.

I wouldn't be so bold as to say that Smith is clearly better than any of those players. I think there is a case for each of them. They each have been awarded appearances on the All-Star team in the past though, and since I think it would be fair to say that Smith is at least as deserving as each of them, I would like to see Smith get on the roster since he is the only one in that group who hasn't made an All-Star team in the past. That, and the Bulls already have two members on the team, and the Pacers already have representation, while the Hawks' record is almost as good as both those teams and does not have a representative on the team. Though Horford is a legit option to represent the Hawks in the All-Star game as you mentioned. He's got almost as many points with a higher FG%, more rebounds, and less turnovers with almost as many assists. Smith has him beat on steals and blocks though.

NoahH
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Curry

kdspurman
02-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Though it is possible for: CP3, BG, Duncan, Parker and Noah to all be healthy in time for the All-Star game, each player is currently on the shelf for their respective teams, and with the game only a week and a half away, there may be some spots opening up.

So... that said, should there be spots available, who are the players you think are in line to get on the team?

For me, Josh Smith and Stephen Curry are at the top of the list. If those guys make either team, I will be happy. Who you got?

Parker isn't injured (?)

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Parker isn't injured (?)

My bad... I got him and Manu confused... Manu has a calf strain or something right now.

Jacks0n4
02-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Spo should add Chandler to the starting line up, then just bump everyone back a peg. (Should never have had KG starting.)

TheNumber37
02-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't think there should be any replacements (Didn't like the Lopez for Rondo's replacement). The guys who were selected by the Fans and the coaches are the only ones should be playing.

Why select more and more because of an injury to a player or two. They would still have 10 or more all-star players and that should be enough.

I don't like the idea of 13-14 all-stars in any given year.

there are only 12 per year.
I think their should always be replacements because that ONLY makes sense. in a freak situation, all but 4 could be able to play... should they go 4 on 5?

curry in for Howard (who doesn't deserve it)

Alayla
02-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Curry is the only snub would really NEEDS to be put in for anyone else it doesnt matter

ThaDubs
02-06-2013, 10:01 PM
This is the easiest question in the world to answers... who else?