PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the post-3 pointer celebrations/gestures?

blahblahyoutoo
02-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Everyone is either doing a discount double check (novak) or sticking 3 fingers in the air (harden), in their eye (Lin), tapping their headband (melo).
This started recently as I don't remember seeing this in the 90's or 00's.

We can see where your feet are. We can see the ref's arm go up. We can see the scoreboard. No need to show everyone your three fingers.

FOBolous
02-06-2013, 01:49 PM
i sense jealousy. does someone have trouble making 3 pts shots?

Max.This
02-06-2013, 01:50 PM
my fav is westbrooks gun in holster. I saw j.r do a variation of it during a game one time . Its a new culture of professional sports, theres no such thing as sportsmanship. Just look at how kids are growing up.

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
The Heat did it worse. It's basically showing team unity. 1-12 on the gameday roster.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Guys are having fun, whats the issue?

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Everyone is either doing a discount double check (novak) or sticking 3 fingers in the air (harden), in their eye (Lin), tapping their headband (melo).

We can see where your feet are. We can see the ref's arm go up. We can see the scoreboard. No need to show everyone your three fingers.

Agreed. I cant stand this showboating sissy *** league.

BigBlueCrew
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
who cares? is this a problem? players having a little fun after the three point shot?

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2013, 02:13 PM
and to be honest I'd be doing flips if my team had 14 3's and then were like going 3 pt. contest in the arena.

NYJ - NYY
02-06-2013, 02:15 PM
loosen up tight ***** damn dudes are having fun okaying a game that they are the best in the world at let them enjoy it.. 3 to the head

Snakeyestx
02-06-2013, 02:18 PM
It's called "playing to the crowd" ... sometimes it gets the crowd into it when things go well and a little celebration is displayed.

Just don't taunt the other side and draw a T - I don't see a problem with it.

He115ing
02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Westbrook's celebration pisses me off. Why don't you just get back on D instead of standing and showboating?

tnewkirk
02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
making a three pointer isnt anything special, it looks dumb celebrating anything other than a dunk or a really nice play but not when someone makes a shot thats worth one point more lol.

BigBlueCrew
02-06-2013, 02:44 PM
making a three pointer isnt anything special, it looks dumb celebrating anything other than a dunk or a really nice play but not when someone makes a shot thats worth one point more lol.

what???? the average height in the NBA is 6'7" all these guys should be able to dunk. The only time to ooh and ahh is when its done in someone's face. "making a three pointer isnt anything special"? sounds like a fan of team that cant hit them consistently hmmmmm

tnewkirk
02-06-2013, 02:46 PM
what???? the average height in the NBA is 6'7" all these guys should be able to dunk. The only time to ooh and ahh is when its done in someone's face. "making a three pointer isnt anything special"? sounds like a fan of team that cant hit them consistently hmmmmm

i should rephrase, a nice dunk on/over other players. i can hit threes easy, thats why im saying its not a big deal . i cant quite dunk just like most people and when we witness a great dunk we cheer, anyone can make threes. obviously though if an nba player was guarding im sure i couldnt make one lol.

kdspurman
02-06-2013, 02:48 PM

I tend to agree with him (and my team hits plenty of 3's :shrug: ) I mean if it's a big 3 at the end of the game or momentum changer that's one thing but doing it every time, idk... Guys even do it when they're down big lol Sometimes it just looks foolish imo

BigBlueCrew
02-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I tend to agree with him (and my team hits plenty of 3's :shrug: ) I mean if it's a big 3 at the end of the game or momentum changer that's one thing but doing it every time, idk... Guys even do it when they're down big lol Sometimes it just looks foolish imo

So does hanging on the rim just to over emphasize the dunk. I would make the analogy "like you know what". But then everyone would be like THAT RAYCESS!!!!!

lamzoka
02-06-2013, 03:32 PM

We can see where your feet are. We can see the ref's arm go up. We can see the scoreboard. No need to show

everyone your three fingers.

Discount triple check (Novak)
3 to the head. Bang! Bang! Bang! (Melo)
Get it right boy

He115ing
02-06-2013, 03:47 PM
So does hanging on the rim just to over emphasize the dunk. I would make the analogy "like you know what". But then everyone would be like THAT RAYCESS!!!!!

Still sort of made the analogy lol.

blahblahyoutoo
02-06-2013, 05:14 PM
who cares? is this a problem? players having a little fun after the three point shot?

I'm gonna love it when someone starts flashing 2 fingers after ever shot made and 1 for every free throw.

NoahH
02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Whenever I drill a three i throw up the three fingers. It's just fun.

kdspurman
02-06-2013, 05:22 PM

:laugh2: yea I could see that!

Like I said man, I personally think it's about timing. Doing it after every single one is just crazy. Like Jason Terry doing his jet thing when they're down 15 in the fourth. (Don't think that was the exact scenario/team he was on but remember him doing that one time when the game was just about out of reach)

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Three pointers are a lot of fun.

kubernetes
02-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe they should just develop basketball-playing robots--ya know, for the purity of the game.

I can see it being lame if your team is losing, but who cares in other situations? The NFL is supposed to be the No Fun League--let's not take the NBA there too.

seikou8
02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
dont watch then

mdm692
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Nothing wrong with it when your winning or making a big comeback or when the game is close. It's just used to get the crowd going like Ray Lewis did when he would raise his arms asking the crowd to get loud.

Keep3HEATSOnMe
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Loosen up gym shoe they just having a lil fun

ATL#22
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Entertainment

asandhu23
02-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Stephen Curry thanks the ceiling when he makes a three pointer.

OceanSpray
02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I only get angry when a player like Westbrook does it. Also when you're losing but you constantly do it... Makes for a hilarious segment.

ohreally
02-06-2013, 10:09 PM

Novak's championship belt grates on me all the time, corny as hell and c'mon, you hit a wide open three, whop de damn doo. Championship belt??????

Can't say smaller, less exaggerated celebrations bother me much, though I've heard that both Novak and JR mimed firing a gun against th Kings, with a good amount of Newtown, CT families comped for the game. That's very bad taste.

Big Zo
02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
I don't mind the player that hits it celebrating. When I see the scrubs on the bench wearing street clothes stand up and throw their hands up, it can be annoying.

Nyc4You
02-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Just turn your face for 5 seconds once someone hits a three. Problem solved.

:facepalm:

69centers
02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
my fav is westbrooks gun in holster.

Ray Allen was doing it years ago.