PDA

View Full Version : Nuggs Making A Push

JEDean89
02-06-2013, 12:37 AM
So I don't know how many people have noticed the nuggs lately but their play deserves some notice as they've been carving up the league lately. they're 22-7 in their last 29 games and are making a climb up the western conference standings. Gallo has been playing very well so has ty lawson and they are forming a solid 1-2 punch for the nuggs. On top of that the clipps have dropped 7 of their last 10, the Warriors are now behind the nuggets and play the thunder next and the grizz just traded arguably their best player and just lost to phoenix. assuming chris paul is out a few more games is it possible the nuggs can reach the 3rd seed? The nuggets are kind of a poster child for the superstarless team and they are the 3rd youngest team in the league, average in terms of salary and don't have a single allstar. GK for coach of the year if they keep this up?

BallIsAll
02-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Maybe a little too early for this but they have been playing good lately. I doubt they have reached their potential. I don't know about the stats but from watching every single game this year, lately they seem to turn it up in the forth and just walk through the 1-3 quarters which is a concern. All in all they have the pieces to make some noise and they are really young. Great team to watch.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Anyone who really understands the game called this, sorry. The Nuggets opening 1/2 season schedule was BRUTAL, and they will now enjoy a ton of home games out west for the remainder of the season.

I called them a top 4 seed out west before the season, I stick by it unless they get machine gunned by injuries.

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Anyone who really understands the game called this, sorry. The Nuggets opening 1/2 season schedule was BRUTAL, and they will now enjoy a ton of home games out west for the remainder of the season.

I called them a top 4 seed out west before the season, I stick by it unless they get machine gunned by injuries.

Exactly. They were fifth in the SRS and were like the 7th seed. It was obvious they were going to make a run for the fourth seed.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Nobody thought they WOULDN'T be a 4-5 seed really which is what they are. The problem myself and many others had was all the idiots claiming they would win 60 games or would be the 1 or 2 seed. They are a good tier 2 team, not a legit title contender and pretty much a lock for 4-5 seed and 2nd round exit at best for the forseeable future.

Also people are ignoring their schedule imbalance. First they were a .500 team for the first month and a half or w/e due to a ridiculous road schedule. Now they are playing like a top 4 seed in the west with an extremely cake, home heavy schedule. Well logically when things balance out that tells me they will be somewhere in between. Their march schedule is brutal with 75 percent of the teams they are playing against being +.500 teams. Sure more than half at home but I expect them to lose some ground in March.

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Nobody thought they WOULDN'T be a 4-5 seed really which is what they are. The problem myself and many others had was all the idiots claiming they would win 60 games or would be the 1 or 2 seed. They are a good tier 2 team, not a legit title contender and pretty much a lock for 4-5 seed and 2nd round exit at best for the forseeable future.

Will they win the title? Nah, probably not. Could they get to the conference finals. Totally.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Will they win the title? Nah, probably not. Could they get to the conference finals. Totally.

To be technical anybody COULD get to the conference finals that is in the playoffs but the odds are astronomically low. The WCF will consist of 3 possible teams and combinations. The Spurs, Thunder and Clippers. Warriors, Nuggets and Grizzlies are tier two western conference teams that would need an incredible amount of luck to make the WCF.

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 03:35 AM
To be technical anybody COULD get to the conference finals that is in the playoffs but the odds are astronomically low. The WCF will consist of 3 possible teams and combinations. The Spurs, Thunder and Clippers. Warriors, Nuggets and Grizzlies are tier two western conference teams that would need an incredible amount of luck to make the WCF.

Nah, just the correct match ups. Nuggets do not have astronomical odds against them. More like 1 in 10.

Much like the 2011 Mavericks.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 03:38 AM
I agree matchups mean a ton but like we discussed a couple weeks ago the teams with HCA win something like 70 percent of the time. Meaning they have pretty good odds. Beyond this.. if the 3 legit western conference contenders I mentioned are healthy, they are all a tier above the others. A mostly healthy Clippers team had just the 2nd 16-0 month ever and was the top team in the NBA for about a month. Not to mention they are the only team that has been a top 5 offense and defense all year long (Spurs broke into that category about 2 weeks ago).

Even with their HUGE slip statistically and standings wise the Clippers are still the 4th ranked offense, 5th ranked defense. As for the Spurs and Thunder no need to explain why they will likely be in the WCF again. I personally think Spurs vs OKC with the Clippers having a good shot IF they can stay healthy.

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 03:43 AM
Sure, I agree those three teams are a tier above the Nuggets. They are probably the toughest out of the non elite teams though.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Honestly THAT is when the matchups you talked about come into play more so. I actually am more afraid of the Warriors than the Nuggets for my team and I think between the Grizzlies, Nuggets and Warriors it depends on who they are playing. If the Clippers draw the Grizzlies for example.. I'm almost positive it's a series win. If they draw the Nuggets I'm pretty confident, not 100 percent. If we draw the Warriors I'm not very confident at all and will be uneasy the entire time.

I think the Spurs would not want the Grizzlies but want the Warriors. OKC would want the Grizzlies but not the other two as much. It's a huge chess match.

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Honestly THAT is when the matchups you talked about come into play more so. I actually am more afraid of the Warriors than the Nuggets for my team and I think between the Grizzlies, Nuggets and Warriors it depends on who they are playing. If the Clippers draw the Grizzlies for example.. I'm almost positive it's a series win. If they draw the Nuggets I'm pretty confident, not 100 percent. If we draw the Warriors I'm not very confident at all and will be uneasy the entire time.

I think the Spurs would not want the Grizzlies but want the Warriors. OKC would want the Grizzlies but not the other two as much. It's a huge chess match.

Exactly. Spurs don't want the Grizzlies and the Clippers don't want the Warriors.

For the Nuggets to make a deep push they might need not only a match up to go their way, but more inferior teams getting good match ups to help them advance.

So instead of possibly playing the Clippers second round, which the Nuggets would lose, they'd play the Warriors, which is a win for the Nuggets.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 03:53 AM
Exactly. Spurs don't want the Grizzlies and the Clippers don't want the Warriors.

For the Nuggets to make a deep push they might need not only a match up to go their way, but more inferior teams getting good match ups to help them advance.

So instead of possibly playing the Clippers second round, which the Nuggets would lose, they'd play the Warriors, which is a win for the Nuggets.

Fair enough and it definitely gets complicated! Ideally I know for the Clippers I'd want... something like..

Rockets
Grizzlies
OKC

as the 3 teams on a road to the finals. I bet for each team this formula is completely different.

For the teams I'd want to avoid if possible...

Warriors
Spurs

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 03:56 AM
Fair enough and it definitely gets complicated! Ideally I know for the Clippers I'd want... something like..

Rockets
Grizzlies
OKC

as the 3 teams on a road to the finals. I bet for each team this formula is completely different.

Spurs want
Jazz
Warriors
Clippers

Thunder want
Rockets
Warriors
Spurs

That's what the contenders want I think. I can't imagine Spurs or Thunder wanting the Nuggets or Grizzlies.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Yea I agree. Luckily for us.. the Clippers seem built to destroy the Grizzlies style of play. The sucky thing is we don't get to pick who we play.

sunsfan88
02-06-2013, 04:06 AM
Out of the non contenders, Denver is the best one.

JEDean89
02-06-2013, 04:27 AM
the nuggs have now played 24 of 49 at home so their schedule has balanced out but their schedule alone has not been the reason why they are winning. ty, gallo and iggy all started the year poorly and all are playing much better now plus there has been a lot more conistency with the health of the main guys. imo the nuggets are like the spurs without a tim duncan and greg poppovich. now my questions was can the nuggs get the 3rd seed and I believe they can. I am very worried about my nuggs in the playoffs and hopefully homecourt advantage could get us into the 2nd round. somehting like

warriors
san antonio
okc

is what i expect the nuggs playoffs to look like. i think they can go to the western conference finals, but it's a stretch and they will have to start hitting free throws and playing better defense. teams that allow 100 ppg usually don't win the chip.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Either way the Nuggets DO deserve props so it's only fair to give it. I remember first month or more they were barely a little over .500 and I thought they were dead in the water. To go 22-7 since is impressive.

Cracka2HI!
02-06-2013, 05:39 AM

Rockets
Grizzlies
OKC

For the teams I'd want to avoid if possible...

Warriors
Spurs

I'm more worried about OKC. I think SA can't possibly be 100% come playoff time with their age IMO. We've beat them twice too, we could be past our jinx with them. OKC looks really tough this year. I'm also worried about everyone right now. I hope their isn't more to CP3's injury than they are letting on. Until I see CP3 and hell Blake 100%, I'm not nearly as confident as I was a couple weeks ago. Don't get me wrong I'm not giving up, but we've sure shown how much we need CP3 the last 10 games or so. If he and or Blake are not 100% like last year it changes everything.

setman2000
02-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Nuggets 31 wins, Heat 31 wins, Knicks 31 wins. Too bad we don't play in the East!

IgglesFanInCO
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Hell no to GK being coach of the year, many nuggets fans, myself included are still calling for his head

Just because the team is winning does not mean it is because of the coach, they are a very very talented team with a lot of "stars" (admittedly no superstars) when playing well, and i will still argue to my last breath that their wins are in spite of karl, he has done as much as possible to stunt the growth of ty lawson, his rotations and lineups are among the worst in the league, and he cant draw an inbounds play to save his life

If they continue to progress in terms of experience and cohesion, and if they can get playoff performances from ty and mcgee anything close to what the did in the last playoffs i like their chances to make the WCF

ESPECIALLY if they get a second round matchup with the Clippers, love the matchup there and would be very very confident in the nuggets to pull that one off

but hey :shrug: im bias as **** as a denver fan so who knows, but they definitely have some real talent that is impossible to overlook

mbsalame123
02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
the nuggets are on a run right now and it was expected. they started off with the toughest schedule in the nba and now their schedule has become easier. this nuggets team is a threat and no team in the nba wants to play them in a 7 game series. I think the nuggets are also trying to make a big run and are 1 move away from becoming contenders. they are looking to acquire some big man (have been rumored to KG, although unlikely). I can see them trading for marcin gortat by sending a package around wilson chandler and timofey mosgov. the nuggets will look good for the rest of the year and andre igouadala might have been the star they need in order to make a deep run.

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
I think they struggled at first, for a number of reasons, not the least of which was their schedule. I think the addition of Iggy is huge, but at the same time you have to work the guy into the system, and McGee got a big pay day in the off season and isn't getting the minutes to warrant his salary, so there are no doubt some tensions on this squad, but yeah, lately they've been winning all the games they should, and generally only losing to teams who are as good or better than them.

Now, at the start of the season there were a lot of people picking them to win the west and finish with the first seed. I think this roster certainly had the potential to do that, but realistically I think most people felt the top two seeds would go to OKC and LAL. I think most people also expected the Clippers to continue to improve (they've slid a little recently due to some injuries to key players like CP3 and Griffin), and anybody who knows the game should have fairly expected the Sprus to finish in the top 4 (I'm a Spurs fan and always want to see them do well, but I thought this season that they would back slide a little with teams like Denver, LAC, LAL, OKC and MEM on the rise).

Those expectations were reasonable. What has been surprising firstly is the Lakers underachieving as grossly as they are, which opens up a top-4 spot, but equally surprising I think is the Warriors playing at such a high level. They have Bogut back now and have struggled a little bit since his return to the line-up, but once they get that chemistry worked out, he will help them get better I think. Also a surprise I think to many was Memphis playing at such a high level out of the gate (not that they didn't have the potential to do that). But the Memphis front office may have shot themselves in the foot with the recent trade of Gay (though Ed Davis is a great young piece and Prince is a great team-player with amazing defense and championship experience, so the trade may make them better).

I expected the Nuggets to finish anywhere from the 3rd seed to the 6th at the beginning of the season (which is a wide window) and that is still where I expect them to finish, though now I think the third seed is more dependent on how the teams above Denver play from here on out, namely LAC, Memphis and Goldenstate. I think OKC and SA have the first two spots locked up. The Clippers, Grizzlies and Warriors can all finish ahead of Denver if they can get healthy and smooth out an chemistry issues.

So yeah... Denver has been playing great, and I expect them to keep this level of play up for the rest of the season. As for Karl getting COY, I'm not sure. In my mind I think Woodson and Mark Jackson are the front runners, with Pop a close third to those guys. Jackson has really turned the Warriors around, and Woodson has done the same for the Knicks, bringing them from a fringe playoff team that could get more than a single win in the post season for the last two seasons, to a team that may very well finish at the top of their conference.

The curious thing is, the Nuggets had a very appealing trade piece in McGee. He frankly isn't a huge part of the rotation, and if the Nuggets were to lose him, it wouldn't be a very big deal considering their depth, and I do believe there are some teams out there who would be interested in him. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the nuggets make a trade before the deadline. Josh Smith for McGee perhaps? Or Pau Gasol? Or Z-Bo? Memphis would be shedding a vet making a lot for a young player making quite a bit less, and they are very concerned about salary. There is a lot of potential with a trade piece as attractive as McGee.

kdspurman
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
If they can get into the top 4, they could get out the first round and maybe do damage in the 2nd round. They are very good at home, and if they win that first round and get some confidence in the 2nd round, they could give anybody a run for their money.

kdspurman
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm more worried about OKC. I think SA can't possibly be 100% come playoff time with their age IMO. We've beat them twice too, we could be past our jinx with them. OKC looks really tough this year. I'm also worried about everyone right now. I hope their isn't more to CP3's injury than they are letting on. Until I see CP3 and hell Blake 100%, I'm not nearly as confident as I was a couple weeks ago. Don't get me wrong I'm not giving up, but we've sure shown how much we need CP3 the last 10 games or so. If he and or Blake are not 100% like last year it changes everything.

I actually think we could be healthy, the injuries to Tim this year have come off some freak plays that can happen to anyone, and well Manu is Manu. Same with Jackson who broke his finger (against you guys :pity:) and Kawhi who had a quad injury but has recovered. I actually expected the Clips to beat us this year in the regular season, that's how it seems to happen when a team eliminates you, they have that extra edge the next few times they met. (The 2nd time we were a little short-handed but the Clips seemed to have wanted it more) I know I saw that after Memphis beat us 2 years ago, we went like 7-1 or 6-1 the next 7 or 8 times we've played.

That alone is a reason I'd want to avoid the Clippers, but I don't think age would have anything to do with injuries for us. These guys get their minutes managed well enough that the only injuries I'd think we'll see are the very unfortunate ones like this:

http://i48.tinypic.com/rw07wl.jpg

It'd be awesome if all teams went into the playoffs healthy, but it never works out that way.

BallIsAll
02-06-2013, 11:27 AM

Also people are ignoring their schedule imbalance. First they were a .500 team for the first month and a half or w/e due to a ridiculous road schedule. Now they are playing like a top 4 seed in the west with an extremely cake, home heavy schedule. Well logically when things balance out that tells me they will be somewhere in between. Their march schedule is brutal with 75 percent of the teams they are playing against being +.500 teams. Sure more than half at home but I expect them to lose some ground in March.

I wouldn't count beating the

Clippers
Okc
Rockets x2
Pacers
Blazers
Warriors
Bucks

Cake.

Vinylman
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
So I don't know how many people have noticed the nuggs lately but their play deserves some notice as they've been carving up the league lately. they're 22-7 in their last 29 games and are making a climb up the western conference standings. Gallo has been playing very well so has ty lawson and they are forming a solid 1-2 punch for the nuggs. On top of that the clipps have dropped 7 of their last 10, the Warriors are now behind the nuggets and play the thunder next and the grizz just traded arguably their best player and just lost to phoenix. assuming chris paul is out a few more games is it possible the nuggs can reach the 3rd seed? The nuggets are kind of a poster child for the superstarless team and they are the 3rd youngest team in the league, average in terms of salary and don't have a single allstar. GK for coach of the year if they keep this up?

Maybe this year but not going forward... they have $67 million under contract next year without mozgov and brewer... even if you take iggy's deal out they still have the cap hold so it isn't like they are gonna get better through FA...

As far as their current roster ... I can't see anyone developing into a star player... they have a bunch of real good players who over time will get overpayed and have to be turned over... Not hating but i just don't see there approach as a formula for playoff success (deep run)

SLY WILLIAMS
02-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Gallo and Faried both could be all star players in the future. McGee may or may not come around but he has a good PER so far this season. Chandler and Brewer off the bench are solid.

IgglesFanInCO
02-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Maybe this year but not going forward... they have $67 million under contract next year without mozgov and brewer... even if you take iggy's deal out they still have the cap hold so it isn't like they are gonna get better through FA...

As far as their current roster ... I can't see anyone developing into a star player... they have a bunch of real good players who over time will get overpayed and have to be turned over... Not hating but i just don't see there approach as a formula for playoff success (deep run)

you are ignoring the flexibility of assets

they dont have an insane amount of cap space right now moving forward, but they can get as much as they want right if they so choose, they dont have a single contract/player that isnt valuable, no detrimental players and a lot of players with a lot of value, they have the most tradeable assets in the league and still have a 13mil trade exception

they are among the youngest teams moving forward, meaning they will only get better as they develop, they have no bad contracts, no one that needs to be extended anytime soon, and are already a top 4 or 5 team in the west

PJAF
02-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Personally speaking, I think they are the most exciting team to watch because everyone and I mean everyone is in the game and exciting to watch.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-06-2013, 01:45 PM
The nuggs are definitely pushin for a better seed. Great crop of talent.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM

We are learning the hard way just how dependent we are on our stars and I agree if Blake and CP3 aren't healthy I'm not confident against ANYBODY. Sure we have good depth and guys who can produce but none which are good enough to lead a team to a win really. Crawford is a pretty clutch player but his "taking over" is more random chance when it happens.

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't count beating the

Clippers
Okc
Rockets x2
Pacers
Blazers
Warriors
Bucks

Cake.

When you have to list the Blazers and Bucks.. that's cake. Rockets are tough when they play well but in general are a little above average at best as a team. Clippers, OKC and Warriors are the only high quality wins there. Besides that's the full 22-7 record since the super home heavy stretch accounted for?

IgglesFanInCO
02-06-2013, 03:13 PM
When you have to list the Blazers and Bucks.. that's cake. Rockets are tough when they play well but in general are a little above average at best as a team. Clippers, OKC and Warriors are the only high quality wins there. Besides that's the full 22-7 record since the super home heavy stretch accounted for?

Dont look at just the parts of the season and even it out based on your bad logical fallacies, look at the WHOLE season so far and take as much as you can in to account

The nuggets STILL have the toughest SOS faced in the league on top of still having the most games played in the western conference(less rest) AND still have the 2nd most road games played in the WC

they are 31-18 with the toughest schedule in the league and a group that is still meshing and a seemingly inebriated coach, just give them the props they deserve

Clippersfan86
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Dont look at just the parts of the season and even it out based on your bad logical fallacies, look at the WHOLE season so far and take as much as you can in to account

The nuggets STILL have the toughest SOS faced in the league on top of still having the most games played in the western conference(less rest) AND still have the 2nd most road games played in the WC

they are 31-18 with the toughest schedule in the league and a group that is still meshing and a seemingly inebriated coach, just give them the props they deserve

You obviously didn't read my post prior to this one. I said they are somewhere in between the two polar opposite sides we have seen from them (road/home). Hell this is exactly how they've been for years. Elite home team, subpar road team. Good, deadly team... not great team. Nothing has changed. Nothing will change until one of their young players (probably Gallo if anybody) emerges as the undisputed guy and closer who can be relied upon down the stretch every single game. The by committee thing works fine in the regular season, not the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Exactly. They were fifth in the SRS and were like the 7th seed. It was obvious they were going to make a run for the fourth seed.

Well, SRS doesn't account for literally everything. Look at Philly last year, but yes, its a strong indicator of where a teams lies in the NBA hierarchy. Its also a better way to call who wins a 7 game series over the HCA crap.

Vinylman
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
you are ignoring the flexibility of assets

they dont have an insane amount of cap space right now moving forward, but they can get as much as they want right if they so choose, they dont have a single contract/player that isnt valuable, no detrimental players and a lot of players with a lot of value, they have the most tradeable assets in the league and still have a 13mil trade exception

they are among the youngest teams moving forward, meaning they will only get better as they develop, they have no bad contracts, no one that needs to be extended anytime soon, and are already a top 4 or 5 team in the west

Look, Denver is built great for the regular season... they still don't have a star or a go to guy in a close game...

As for the roster... you might not have a true "bad deal" but you do have 3 guys making 8 figures and the reality that the owner isn't gonna go into LT territory limits you somewhat. Add the fact that Iggy can opt out this year and leave if he wants doesn't make the future all rainbows and unicorns. Are you gonna resign brewer and mozgov? Probably not. As for your $13 million trade exception... enjoy it for a couple of more weeks when it expires.

You guys are going to have to turn those pieces into a star or two to have any real chance at a chip not to mention you desperately need 3 pt shooting...

so yeah, you guys could have a bright future as long as you turnover the right assets...

that is alot easier said than done

Hawkeye15
02-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Look, Denver is built great for the regular season... they still don't have a star or a go to guy in a close game...

As for the roster... you might not have a true "bad deal" but you do have 3 guys making 8 figures and the reality that the owner isn't gonna go into LT territory limits you somewhat. Add the fact that Iggy can opt out this year and leave if he wants doesn't make the future all rainbows and unicorns. Are you gonna resign brewer and mozgov? Probably not. As for your $13 million trade exception... enjoy it for a couple of more weeks when it expires.

You guys are going to have to turn those pieces into a star or two to have any real chance at a chip not to mention you desperately need 3 pt shooting...

so yeah, you guys could have a bright future as long as you turnover the right assets...

that is alot easier said than done

This post is right on the money concerning the Nuggets. They are a nice team with a ton of assets, but the rotations shorten in the playoffs, meaning their depth just won't matter nearly as much, and they have no real star players, just a bunch of good NBA players. If they play their cards right, they can be awesome. But like you said, a lot easier said than done.

Vinylman
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
This post is right on the money concerning the Nuggets. They are a nice team with a ton of assets, but the rotations shorten in the playoffs, meaning their depth just won't matter nearly as much, and they have no real star players, just a bunch of good NBA players. If they play their cards right, they can be awesome. But like you said, a lot easier said than done.

Yep, they still have a ton of roster churning to go

If they don't at least turn mozgov into a 3 point shooter at the deadline they are nuts since he is an expiring...

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 05:55 PM

Iggy is top fifteen in this league.

Vinylman
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM

defensively sure... overall? Not even close

Dude isn't even an all star reserve

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
defensively sure... overall? Not even close

Dude isn't even an all star reserve

Top 15. All-Star team doesn't matter in evaluating a player.

Defense matters in player evaluation. It's half the game. It's why he is in the top 15.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2013, 06:01 PM

No he isn't, not as an overall player. Top 30-35? Now we are talking. Besides, we have already done the "how good can your team be when Iggy is your best player" experiment, remember?

Hawkeye15
02-06-2013, 06:03 PM

If they don't at least turn mozgov into a 3 point shooter at the deadline they are nuts since he is an expiring...

Flip him to Atlanta for Morrow, it would help both teams.

ATL#22
02-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Playing pretty good right now

SteBO
02-06-2013, 06:05 PM
I think they're a team that can make a push for the ECF if they happen to draw the right match-up, but they're a regular season team to me. Without a real go-to star, it's going to be difficult to manufacture enough points in the playoffs where the intensity and defensive urgency rises. We'll see. Love their team though. I try to catch their games as much as I can when my team isn't playing.

Sactown
02-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Flip him to Atlanta for Morrow, it would help both teams. I don't think Denvers style of play will translate in the playoffs either.. Will be abused in the half court

OceanSpray
02-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Javale McGee is wasting time on this team. There is no way he shouldn't be starting. Denver has an amazing roster... It's going to be a waste if Nuggets don't use it to their advantage.

Cracka2HI!
02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I actually think we could be healthy, the injuries to Tim this year have come off some freak plays that can happen to anyone, and well Manu is Manu. Same with Jackson who broke his finger (against you guys :pity:) and Kawhi who had a quad injury but has recovered. I actually expected the Clips to beat us this year in the regular season, that's how it seems to happen when a team eliminates you, they have that extra edge the next few times they met. (The 2nd time we were a little short-handed but the Clips seemed to have wanted it more) I know I saw that after Memphis beat us 2 years ago, we went like 7-1 or 6-1 the next 7 or 8 times we've played.

That alone is a reason I'd want to avoid the Clippers, but I don't think age would have anything to do with injuries for us. These guys get their minutes managed well enough that the only injuries I'd think we'll see are the very unfortunate ones like this:

http://i48.tinypic.com/rw07wl.jpg

It'd be awesome if all teams went into the playoffs healthy, but it never works out that way.

It sure would. A Clippers/Spurs series with both teams 100% would be epic. I don't think the Clippers should be favored over OKC or the Spurs but I think we have a little better chance knocking off the Spurs this yea rthan OKC which is a complete 180 from last season. The West could be A LOT of fun these playoffs!

kdspurman
02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
It sure would. A Clippers/Spurs series with both teams 100% would be epic. I don't think the Clippers should be favored over OKC or the Spurs but I think we have a little better chance knocking off the Spurs this yea rthan OKC which is a complete 180 from last season. The West could be A LOT of fun these playoffs!

Probably wouldn't be favored but that doesn't matter. It's definitely going to be crazy. A lot of seedings still to be determined this year too. 1-3 are close 4-6 are nearly identical 7-10 still fighting trying to make it.

JEDean89
02-06-2013, 08:37 PM
on the notion of trades if i'm the nuggets i'm only trading guys like mozgov and brewer if they can yield a future lottery pick. though the nuggets have 3 centers they only have 1 good realy PF and that's faried. what happens if say, faried and one of mcgee or koufus is injured? mozgov provides excellent big man insurance and he is good friends with all the european players on this team (gallo, fournier, koufus) so why not extend him? his value is only gonna go up and if the nuggs can do a 4 year 15 million dollar deal i say do it. if some idiot team wants to throw him a 4 year 20 million dollar deal or more i say trade him or let him walk. the nuggs really don't have anything to gain by trading one of the best 3rd string centers in the league and someone who's value hasn't hit it's peak. if the the nuggs can get him on a good deal and then say mcgee goes down and he gets some playing time and bam, hes a young healhty 7 foot 1 center who can run the floor and has 2 years left at a cheap deal, his value becomes pretty damn high. so stand pat with mozzy denver! unless someone gives us a deal too good to pass up.

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't think Denvers style of play will translate in the playoffs either.. Will be abused in the half court

Uh? The Nuggets have been very good in the half court this season.

Vinylman
02-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Flip him to Atlanta for Morrow, it would help both teams.

yeah... but Denver will probably want Korver... and should want him for vet presence

Vinylman
02-06-2013, 08:53 PM
on the notion of trades if i'm the nuggets i'm only trading guys like mozgov and brewer if they can yield a future lottery pick. though the nuggets have 3 centers they only have 1 good realy PF and that's faried. what happens if say, faried and one of mcgee or koufus is injured? mozgov provides excellent big man insurance and he is good friends with all the european players on this team (gallo, fournier, koufus) so why not extend him? his value is only gonna go up and if the nuggs can do a 4 year 15 million dollar deal i say do it. if some idiot team wants to throw him a 4 year 20 million dollar deal or more i say trade him or let him walk. the nuggs really don't have anything to gain by trading one of the best 3rd string centers in the league and someone who's value hasn't hit it's peak. if the the nuggs can get him on a good deal and then say mcgee goes down and he gets some playing time and bam, hes a young healhty 7 foot 1 center who can run the floor and has 2 years left at a cheap deal, his value becomes pretty damn high. so stand pat with mozzy denver! unless someone gives us a deal too good to pass up.

mozgov is as good as gone... he is to young and to good to be a third string big nor can Denver afford to keep a third center at 4-5 million per year...

this is the kinda thing i was talking about... you have to turn your depth into better front line players.

Anyway, nice team... hopefully the FO can figure it out

IgglesFanInCO
02-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Uh? The Nuggets have been very good in the half court this season.

Ya people are really not getting over misconceptions from previous years, they have improved in the half court tremendously, as well as improving their defense

also the idea of the rotations shortening and lack of depth hurting them; thats just wrong, the nuggets have gone with a 8-9 man rotation almost all year, they havent been getting any kind of gain out of extended rotations, there will be no dramatic shortening of the rotations for them, and certainly wont be harmful to them

the nuggets are a much different team than last year

I think they can contend, but only if they can avoid the injury bug, GK fixes his ******** late game substitutions and general bad coaching, and they get favorable matchups and no negative ref involvement

but thats asking A LOT

JEDean89
02-07-2013, 01:17 AM
mozgov is as good as gone... he is to young and to good to be a third string big nor can Denver afford to keep a third center at 4-5 million per year...

this is the kinda thing i was talking about... you have to turn your depth into better front line players.

Anyway, nice team... hopefully the FO can figure it out

ya and i said to trade him if it upgrades one of our main rotation players but i they are gonna trade him for someone like anthony morrow, then what's he point? btw the nuggs are now in 4th in the west.