PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets' first half tonight

mightybosstone
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Normally I don't post homer threads in the general NBA forum, but I'd be shocked if this first half didn't break some records.

77 points
26 field goals on 22 assists
55.5% shooting (26-47)
77.8% 3-point shooting (14-18)
Harden: 18 points on 8 shots, 4/4 from 3s

The Warriors scored 62 points on 57.8% shooting in the first half and are losing by 15 points!!!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Surprised that the overall FG percentages are only in the mid to high 50's for each team:laugh2:

Blitzbolt
02-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Two words

no Defense.

PC
02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
14/18 on 3s is ridiculous

LAKobeBryant
02-05-2013, 10:25 PM
a few teams this season didn't score 77 points the whole game.

JNoel
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Curry hit a halfcourt shot as time expired before the half :laugh2:

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 10:39 PM
That was ridiculous. I was honestly not that mad because I already knew we would lose and I was just admiring your guy's long range shooting... You guys are trying to make this look like a huge blowout win though why are you playing Patterson Parsons and Harden when we have people on the floor who most people on here have never heard of? But whatever. Nice win by you guys. Liked the half court by Steph.

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Oh my god would you guys take your starters out? Asik Patterson Lin vs JJ Jefferson Bazemore Green Landry... :laugh:

lakers4sho
02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
big whoop

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Are they one off the record or one off the tie?

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 11:11 PM
They tied it!!! One more!

rocket
02-05-2013, 11:15 PM
big whoop

lolakers

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Lol this Beverly kid is a *****. Talk to my bench when you get 30 wins...

JNoel
02-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Lol this Beverly kid is a *****. Talk to my bench when you get 30 wins...

What happened?

lakers4sho
02-05-2013, 11:27 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/712/899/KobeBryantDUNK_original.gif

JNoel
02-05-2013, 11:30 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/712/899/KobeBryantDUNK_original.gif

Not the biggest Colby fan, but that was pretty nice :smoking:

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 11:32 PM
What happened?

He got an open dunk- literally nobody was defending- then he stared at the Warriors bench and hopped for like 3 seconds like it was an amazing poster dunk. Then he completely flopped and somehow got a flagrant 2. Then the whole Rockets bench was acting like they were the ones down 30 and Morris got thrown out.

JNoel
02-05-2013, 11:36 PM
He got an open dunk- literally nobody was defending- then he stared at the Warriors bench and hopped for like 3 seconds like it was an amazing poster dunk. Then he completely flopped and somehow got a flagrant 2. Then the whole Rockets bench was acting like they were the ones down 30 and Morris got thrown out.

I remember when the Heat drafted Beverly, glad we got rid of him :laugh2:

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQOGbAVMeB4

Damn, Kobe made the defense high five themselves...

ThaDubs
02-05-2013, 11:45 PM

Yeah. He wasn't the only Rocket I didn't like... Obviously I tip my hat to the Rockets for tying the record and beating us, but Kevin played his starters deep into the 4th when we were playing our 2nd and 3rd units since the 3rd quarter and that added with his players being immature kind of pissed me off.

Anyways holy **** Sam Dalembert is 14/15 right now!!!

mightybosstone
02-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Rockets fans are just as pissed at the poor sportsmanship of Golden State. Instead of playing legit defense, they just gave up easy baskets and purposely fouled to prevent Houston from getting the record. And that Draymond Green foul was CLEARLY flagrant. He jumped past Beverley and when he realized Beverley had an open look, he swatted him in the face! How is that a "flop"?

Yeah, but since then he won the Eurocup MVP and has been a solid bench guard for the Rockets. He's shooting above 40 percent from beyond the arc, he runs the backup offense fairly well and his advanced numbers are excellent. I don't know that he'll stick around in this league, but I do think he could stick around as a backup point guard. He has outplayed Lin at times in games.

mightybosstone
02-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah. He wasn't the only Rocket I didn't like... Obviously I tip my hat to the Rockets for tying the record and beating us, but Kevin played his starters deep into the 4th when we were playing our 2nd and 3rd units since the 3rd quarter and that added with his players being immature kind of pissed me off.

You have to remember that this is the youngest team in the NBA and they've given up big leads late in games. I don't blame McHale in the slightest for playing his starters until the four-minute mark. They've blown games this season that I didn't think they had any chance in hell of losing and if any team could come back from a big deficit, it's the Warriors high-powered offense.

JNoel
02-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah, but since then he won the Eurocup MVP and has been a solid bench guard for the Rockets. He's shooting above 40 percent from beyond the arc, he runs the backup offense fairly well and his advanced numbers are excellent. I don't know that he'll stick around in this league, but I do think he could stick around as a backup point guard. He has outplayed Lin at times in games.

Pretty surprising tbh, just goes to show how often Rockets get nationally televised games - very rarely. I follow NBA news pretty frequently and honestly didn't even know he was on the Rockets nonetheless having a great season. Interesting.

ThaDubs
02-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Rockets fans are just as pissed at the poor sportsmanship of Golden State. Instead of playing legit defense, they just gave up easy baskets and purposely fouled to prevent Houston from getting the record. And that Draymond Green foul was CLEARLY flagrant. He jumped past Beverley and when he realized Beverley had an open look, he swatted him in the face! How is that a "flop"?

I wouldn't call what they did at the end poor sportsmanship... They didn't want to get an NBA record dropped on them and the Rockets were most likely going to shoot the ball with a chance to let the shot clock expire til the win, which is immature and dumb. You can tell they were going to shoot it because Beverly was running up the court. As for Draymond, he's a great kid and has never committed a flagrant. He really didn't want you guys to get the record so when he jumped past Beverly he threw his hands towards him in desperation. Then Beverly jumped up like he was going to fight Draymond. Lol. Not a flagrant 2 and the Rockets bench needs to calm the hell down. You guys beat us bad. If the lead was 30 in our favor, maybe that would give them a slight reason to overreact.

nyyfan4life
02-06-2013, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't call what they did at the end poor sportsmanship... They didn't want to get an NBA record dropped on them and the Rockets were most likely going to shoot the ball with a chance to let the shot clock expire til the win, which is immature and dumb. You can tell they were going to shoot it because Beverly was running up the court. As for Draymond, he's a great kid and has never committed a flagrant. He really didn't want you guys to get the record so when he jumped past Beverly he threw his hands towards him in desperation. Then Beverly jumped up like he was going to fight Draymond. Lol. Not a flagrant 2 and the Rockets bench needs to calm the hell down. You guys beat us bad. If the lead was 30 in our favor, maybe that would give them a slight reason to overreact.

Beverly was running up the score because that's the pace the Rockets play at. They were playing their game and their offense. The Rockets offense is based around fastbreaking, penetration and tons of 3's. Most of the 3 PT attempts were in the flow of the offense and wide open looks. McHale said after the game, that he told his players to just continue to play basketball and to play their brand of basketball which is very high paced with tons of shots.

You can't blame the bench for playing hard. Beverly is trying to show the coaches that he deserves minutes over a guy like Toney Douglas. James Anderson is trying to showcase himself to the coaches with Carlos Delfino is out. Montij(whatever) is trying to showcase himself and earn playing time. The final minutes might be irrelevant when it comes to the result but its very essential for the younger bench player.

These aren't HS or YMCA kids. They are pro basketball players who are PAID to perform. It's their job to play defense because they are paid to do. The Warriors have no one else to be mad at but their own defensive effort and execution.

mightybosstone
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't call what they did at the end poor sportsmanship... They didn't want to get an NBA record dropped on them and the Rockets were most likely going to shoot the ball with a chance to let the shot clock expire til the win, which is immature and dumb. You can tell they were going to shoot it because Beverly was running up the court.
I wouldn't blame the Warriors for playing tight defense, but the defense they were playing was ridiculous. It's like they didn't mind giving up easy looks inside, and that really bothers me. You're down by 30 and instead of trying to play tight defense, you just hover around the 3-point line to prevent a home team from breaking a record? Also, you're acting as if the Rockets were taking bad shots from beyond the arc, but that wasn't the case. Even the ones they missed at the end of the game were good, fairly open looks. Plus, they're just a 3-point shooting team, and when you consider that Morris, Motiejunas, Anderson and Beverley were on the floor, that's basically what those guys do offensively.

As for Draymond, he's a great kid and has never committed a flagrant. He really didn't want you guys to get the record so when he jumped past Beverly he threw his hands towards him in desperation. Then Beverly jumped up like he was going to fight Draymond. Lol. Not a flagrant 2 and the Rockets bench needs to calm the hell down.
A flagrant 2? Probably a little severe, but it's definitely a flagrant 1. Was there a play on the ball? None whatsoever. Hence a flagrant foul.

ThaDubs
02-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Beverly was running up the score because that's the pace the Rockets play at. They were playing their game and their offense. The Rockets offense is based around fastbreaking, penetration and tons of 3's. Most of the 3 PT attempts were in the flow of the offense and wide open looks. McHale said after the game, that he told his players to just continue to play basketball and to play their brand of basketball which is very high paced with tons of shots.

My point was the Rockets had it with 14 seconds left and could run the clock but were trying to shoot to get the record. Immature. That's why we fouled them.

TaylorMays
02-06-2013, 12:39 AM
My point was the Rockets had it with 14 seconds left and could run the clock but were trying to shoot to get the record. Immature. That's why we fouled them.

How can you say the Rockets were clearly going to shoot a 3 if the last two time they were fouled, they weren't even given a chance to dribble?

Skip A. Smith
02-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Who cares

Baller1
02-06-2013, 12:46 AM
140 points in regulation, damn.

nyyfan4life
02-06-2013, 12:47 AM

Not really.

@gswscribe

Jeremy Lin said Rockets "meant no disrespect." Said before GSW started intentionally fouling, command was given not to take another shot
The Warriors players/coaches just let the crowd get into their heads after they started chanting "one more three"...

kubernetes
02-06-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't blame the Rockets for trying to break the record.

At the same time, I don't blame the Warriors for trying to stop them. They'd already lost--why not try to stave off further humiliation?

mightybosstone
02-06-2013, 01:27 AM
I don't blame the Rockets for trying to break the record.

At the same time, I don't blame the Warriors for trying to stop them. They'd already lost--why not try to stave off further humiliation?

I didn't have as big of a problem with the defense they were playing as I did with the two intentional fouls. The last one was particularly ridiculous. The Rockets were up by a million points with 14 seconds left and the Warriors fouled them on the in bounds play. Are you kidding me? The Rockets are a fast-paced team, but this franchise isn't so classless that they would run down court and chuck up a 3-pointer just to break a record in a blowout win.

ThaDubs
02-06-2013, 01:36 AM
How can you say the Rockets were clearly going to shoot a 3 if the last two time they were fouled, they weren't even given a chance to dribble?

He did dribble he was running up and his teammates were calling for it and the bench was standing up like oh man here it comes the record baby woohoo.

houstonfan
02-06-2013, 01:44 AM
He did dribble he was running up and his teammates were calling for it and the bench was standing up like oh man here it comes the record baby woohoo.

What game were you watching? The second Beverly touched the ball with 14 seconds left to dribble the clock out yall intentionally fouled. Truly embarrassing for you guys lol

mightybosstone
02-06-2013, 01:56 AM

They just showed the highlights on ESPN like five minutes ago and Beverley got fouled the second he got the in bounds pass. He did not act in any way like he was about to run the length of the court and his teammates were in no rush to run in transition, either. Clearly the Warriors were coached to foul the second he caught the pass, regardless if they attempted to run up the court or not.

Avenged
02-06-2013, 02:04 AM
****ing impressive. 140 against a GOOD team. wowsers

c.c.
02-06-2013, 02:08 AM
OK we blew the Warriors out now let's get ready for Miami

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 02:17 AM
The Heat are the lucky benefactors of the Rockets regressing to the mean on three points.

Sadds The Gr8
02-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Who cares

great name lol

bklynny67
02-06-2013, 02:30 AM

Guppyfighter
02-06-2013, 02:33 AM
Warriors are gonna be tired for tomorrow nights game. After all those points scored tonight, and now their charter flight to OKC is diverting to Tulsa because of fog in OKC. They may not be able to get in tonight. LOL sucks to be them.

...and before anyone asks, i know this cuz i work for the airline and i'm at work now.

I would hate my life if I was you.

Skip A. Smith
02-06-2013, 10:02 AM
great name lol

Thank You