PDA

View Full Version : Is there a team that would trade for Rondo, right now?

Chronz
02-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Similar to how Golden State traded for Andrew Bogut knowing he wouldn't be healthy anytime soon but saw the opportunity to stash away future talent.

To trade for Rondo, a team has to be in that unique position of not being in a rush to win now, but have enough upside to give a volatile player like Rondo, something to look forward to.

To me that team seems to be Detroit. Calderon is great but hes not a long term answer as a starter.

Heres a 3-Team Trade where Boston COMPLETELY blows it up.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8fsxdy

Throw in some picks and what not, and Bostons books are wiped clean. Is that selling too low on Rondo? Or would you welcome a rebuild with cap space around those prospects.

Would Detroit want Rondo is the bigger question tho.

Skip A. Smith
02-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Don't like it for the Celtics

amos1er
02-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Similar to how Golden State traded for Andrew Bogut knowing he wouldn't be healthy anytime soon but saw the opportunity to stash away future talent.

To trade for Rondo, a team has to be in that unique position of not being in a rush to win now, but have enough upside to give a volatile player like Rondo, something to look forward to.

To me that team seems to be Detroit. Calderon is great but hes not a long term answer as a starter.

Heres a 3-Team Trade where Boston COMPLETELY blows it up.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8fsxdy

Throw in some picks and what not, and Bostons books are wiped clean. Is that selling too low on Rondo? Or would you welcome a rebuild with cap space around those prospects.

Would Detroit want Rondo is the bigger question tho.

I don't know why any team would want Rondo. His stats are the biggest mirage in the NBA today. Most overrated player IMO, even more so than James. He puts up pretty stats, yet has no impact on games. You can't even build a team around him because he is so arrogant that he thinks the needs to be the one with the highest USG% no matter what. He won't do the little things it takes to win. Not a team player at all and has a horrible attitude as well. Boston would be lucky to unload that virus anywhere they could.

So to answer the question...No, I don't think there is any team that would trade for Rondo right now.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 04:42 PM
So Rondo has negative trade value? **** man even I find that hard to believe, and I prolly dislike Rondo's game more than you.

There HAS to be a team that would rather have Rondo than nothing at all.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 04:43 PM

prolly right

amos1er
02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
So Rondo has negative trade value? **** man even I find that hard to believe, and I prolly dislike Rondo's game more than you.

I guess to a small market team he might have some value. I still wouldn't want him. To any team with any sort of chance at contending for a title, yes, he has negative trade value. Send him to the Wizards.

amos1er
02-05-2013, 04:47 PM

Duplicate.

North Yorker
02-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I brought this up right after Rondo tore his ACL. I thought the Raps wouldve been a great fit if Boston wanted to take another run the next 2 years by trading Rondo for Lowry+ another piece.

Raps get to tank next year and draft a SF and get Rondo ready for 2015. Now with the Rudy trade things obviously changed.

Keep in mind, if a team traded for Rondo they would be paying a LOT of $$$ for only 1 season of him.

el hidalgo
02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't know why any team would want Rondo. His stats are the biggest mirage in the NBA today. Most overrated player IMO, even more so than James. He puts up pretty stats, yet has no impact on games. You can't even build a team around him because he is so arrogant that he thinks the needs to be the one with the highest USG% no matter what. He won't do the little things it takes to win. Not a team player at all and has a horrible attitude as well. Boston would be lucky to unload that virus anywhere they could.

So to answer the question...No, I don't think there is any team that would trade for Rondo right now.

most delusional hater on these boards :clap:

Chronz
02-05-2013, 04:50 PM
I brought this up right after Rondo tore his ACL. I thought the Raps wouldve been a great fit if Boston wanted to take another run the next 2 years by trading Rondo for Lowry+ another piece.

Raps get to tank next year and draft a SF and get Rondo ready for 2015. Now with the Rudy trade things obviously changed.

Keep in mind, if a team traded for Rondo they would be paying a LOT of $$$ for only 1 season of him.
Yea I think yours is more realisitic given its simplicity. Its definitely only a move Boston does if they plan on giving it 1 more run tho. Mine is more nuclear

mvb815
02-05-2013, 04:50 PM
i didn't know you could even trade injured players, i thought GS loopholed the bogut deal

Chronz
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
He said overrated. Nothing else. Dont take offense to **** that depends on perspective. I have MJ as the GOAT, but I find him overrated because I dont find him infallible unlike many homers.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 04:52 PM
i didn't know you could even trade injured players, i thought GS loopholed the bogut deal

Teams can bypass physical results if they wish, hell you can trade for players who are sitting at home and retired.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 04:54 PM
I guess to a small market team he might have some value. I still wouldn't want him. To any team with any sort of chance at contending for a title, yes, he has negative trade value. Send him to the Wizards.

Wizards have John Wall. Doubt they are willing to forget about developing his game for the sake of Rondo.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Terrible move for Celtics unless they can get an elite player for Rondo. He's basically the guy who runs the team. Not worth risking your future for one season that is very unlikely for them anyways.

AWC713
02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
you have to think daryl morey and the rockets are interested. their team won't realistically compete for a championship for another 2 years anyways. rondo would be a GREAT pair in the backcourt with harden. also, this is the youngest or second youngest squad in the league, so they could have the pieces to facilitate something.

amos1er
02-05-2013, 04:58 PM

How appropriate coming from the most delusional troll on these boards. :rolleyes:

Chronz
02-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Terrible move for Celtics unless they can get an elite player for Rondo. He's basically the guy who runs the team. Not worth risking your future for one season that is very unlikely for them anyways.
So you think the Celtics should ride it out, wait for Rondo's return, and try to build around him and an even older core?

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 05:08 PM
So you think the Celtics should ride it out, wait for Rondo's return, and try to build around him and an even older core?

When did I say with an even older core. Please do not put random words into my sentences. I said he is their franchise player and they should wait it out because they don't have much of a chance this year anyways.

amos1er
02-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Wizards have John Wall. Doubt they are willing to forget about developing his game for the sake of Rondo.

Wall expires in 14', I'm sure he will not want to stay.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 05:41 PM

You go out of your way, don't you?

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
I am not going to be able to give an honest answer, I think Rondo might be the most overrated player in the NBA right now.

JAZZNC
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
I am not going to be able to give an honest answer, I think Rondo might be the most overrated player in the NBA right now.

Why do you think that?

Sportfan
02-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Celtics aren't going to sell low on Rondo lol :laugh:

Detroit can put them dueces up unless they include one of their big men or a good 1st

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:01 PM

He only leads the league in APG and is a triple threat monster at any given game.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:05 PM
When did I say with an even older core. Please do not put random words into my sentences. I said he is their franchise player and they should wait it out because they don't have much of a chance this year anyways.
You didn't say much of anything. In fact it seems like you didn't read much of anything either. Your post makes it seem as if the deal is being done for a run at a title when it is in fact a giant reset on their ledger, an admission that the season is over, not that they are going for it.

Wall expires in 14', I'm sure he will not want to stay.

I think he has a better shot at reupping than Rondo does

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:09 PM
You didn't say much of anything. In fact it seems like you didn't read much of anything either. Your post makes it seem as if the deal is being done for a run at a title when it is in fact a giant reset on their ledger, an admission that the season is over, not that they are going for it.

The fact that I didn't mention anything means you can insert any assumption and claim that as my post? No, sorry, I don't think it works that way. I didn't mention anything because it's clear no one knows how Boston will operate. There are reports of KG being traded and such. I never said anything about playing with an older team. Learn to read and understand that all I alluded to is the fact that Rondo is the franchise player and they should keep and rebuild around him.
No one in the NBA is going to offer an elite player for Rondo when Rondo just torn his ACL. Do you know what that means? Probably not.

My post was pointing towards the fact that Boston isn't going to make a run at it at this point and there should be no reason for them to sacrifice a franchise player in Rondo for a title run that might not last in the future.

Once again, you make up random statements because you have no other alternative to reply with.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:09 PM
He only leads the league in APG and is a triple threat monster at any given game.
Point?

hugepatsfan
02-05-2013, 06:13 PM
You're a great poster but that was a downright awful deal for the Celtics. Just absolutely terrible.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:13 PM
The fact that I didn't mention anything means you can insert any assumption and claim that as my post? No, sorry, I don't think it works that way.
Except I never did that. Because you didn't specify anything and because it seemed like you were completely lost with regards to my proposal, you left me no choice but to ASK you questions.

I didn't mention anything because it's clear no one knows how Boston will operate. There are reports of KG being traded and such. I never said anything about playing with an older team. Learn to read and understand that all I alluded to is the fact that Rondo is the franchise player and they should keep and rebuild around him.
No one in the NBA is going to offer an elite player for Rondo when Rondo just torn his ACL. Do you know what that means? Probably not.
Thus my question.
So your saying they should wait it out (which means the core ages another year before you revisit this question) and wait before deciding what to do with Rondo?

My post was pointing towards the fact that Boston isn't going to make a run at it at this point and there should be no reason for them to sacrifice a franchise player in Rondo for a title run that might not last in the future.
Except that going for a title run was never brought up in any trade scenario here. And when you say "terrible move", its only fair to assume your talking about MY TRADE. Right?

Once again, you make up random statements because you have no other alternative to reply with.
There is nothing random about it. Its logical deduction followed by logical questioning of a vague post.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Point?

Terrible poster with terrible English.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Why do you think that?

Because the Celtics don't skip a beat on either side when he sits, and as the Celtics have aged, and asked Rondo to do more as their stars did less, the offense slid very fast to the poor level. Rondo is a player that has only been effective with great scorers and players around him.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 06:18 PM

so? Doesn't change my stance. They are no better with him on the floor than they are with him sitting this year, and he has such huge holes in his game, along with inconsistencies, yet is regarded as a superstar and top PG, when he hasn't been the best player on his team at any given time.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Terrible poster with terrible English.

Then you've only proven your inability to grasp the English language.

It differs from person to person, depending on what that individual has been exposed to. You can be a great player and still be overrated, so your proof is lacking.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Except I never did that. Because you didn't specify anything and because it seemed like you were completely lost with regards to my proposal, you left me no choice but to ASK you questions.

Thus my question.
So your saying they should wait it out (which means the core ages another year before you revisit this question) and wait before deciding what to do with Rondo?

Except that going for a title run was never brought up in any trade scenario here. And when you say "terrible move", its only fair to assume your talking about MY TRADE. Right?

There is nothing random about it. Its logical deduction followed by logical questioning of a vague post.

I didn't feel like I had to include such a meaningless and absurd statement. If it meant that much to you, I probably would have. The question was whether or not a team would sign Rondo, with me stating that it would be a terrible move for Celtics unless they get an elite player in return. In no way did I state an aging team. Why would you assume that it was going to be an aging team? Heck, he might not even return at all. Why do you feel the need to add these random statements?

I know why, because you want to quote me but have nothing to particularly write about.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 06:20 PM

It differs from person to person, depending on what that individual has been exposed to. You can be a great player and still be overrated, so your proof is lacking.

Rondo is a very good player, but to me, is looked at as a great player, hence, he is very overrated to me personally. He does not belong in the conversation with the elite players in the slightest, yet I see his name up there all the time.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:21 PM

It's just the fact that you try to write formally but have so many mistakes.

CityofTreez
02-05-2013, 06:21 PM
I would say the Sacramento Kings, but the Maloofs are the worst at having to tack on salary.

As much as I want the Kings to stay, it is still a mystery.
Acquiring Rondo, and assuming Seattle buys out everything, that would be a nice rejuvenation w/ Cousins & Rondo. You guys can claim he's the most overrated player in the league right now, but he plays his position at an All-Star level. Plus, he wouldn't have to cater to Pierce & KG, so he can run wild out there with a younger team. It sounds nice too me.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Even if Rondo doesn't deserve to be mentioned among the elite he is and there's value in that. Since Chronz used DET in his trade, let's look at them. They've lost a lot of buzz. Regardless of whether he's actually worth going crazy over, he would be a pretty major headline for them.

Gators123
02-05-2013, 06:24 PM
As a Piston fan, I like the trade.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Even if Rondo doesn't deserve to be mentioned among the elite he is and there's value in that. Since Chronz used DET in his trade, let's look at them. They've lost a lot of buzz. Regardless of whether he's actually worth going crazy over, he would be a pretty major headline for them.

Well that is why I can't give an honest answer to the OP's question. Because if I were a GM, no way on earth I make a move for him, he is perceived to be a much better player than I think he is. That is all I was saying.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:25 PM
It's safe to say Rondo isn't on Chris Paul's level. Then again, which PG asides from Rose was arguably close to Paul? No one. When you mention elite, it's not just LeBron or Durant status. He's a top 10 player and anytime you put him up for trade, you better expect to get a player of that caliber. Name three PG's who are playing better than Rondo.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:26 PM
I didn't feel like I had to include such a meaningless and absurd statement. If it meant that much to you, I probably would have.
You dont have to do anything, but when you cant say "terrible deal" and fault me for assuming your talking about the proposed deal in this very thread. I ask for nothing other than answers to questions raised.

The question was whether or not a team would sign Rondo, with me stating that it would be a terrible move for Celtics unless they get an elite player in return.
I was hoping you did more than read the thread topic, I was hoping you looked at the post in the thread. My fault, our misunderstanding stems from this fact alone.

In no way did I state an aging team. Why would you assume that it was going to be an aging team?
Because if you dont come to a choice with the surrounding pieces by Mid-February, you have to wait until next year to decide what to do with a descending/aging group of players. Thats what happens with the passage of time.

Heck, he might not even return at all. Why do you feel the need to add these random statements?

I know why, because you want to quote me but have nothing to particularly write about.
False, they are definitely not random. Its called logical deduction and logical questioning to a post that made no sense to me. Sorry bro but there is no conspiracy here, just confusion.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:27 PM
It's just the fact that you try to write formally but have so many mistakes.

Oh so you werent actually responding to the question. LOL

Well what was your point of the post?

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 06:28 PM
It's safe to say Rondo isn't on Chris Paul's level. Then again, which PG asides from Rose was arguably close to Paul? No one. When you mention elite, it's not just LeBron or Durant status. He's a top 10 player and anytime you put him up for trade, you better expect to get a player of that caliber. Name three PG's who are playing better than Rondo.

Paul
Westbrook
Parker
Irving

Without even looking up numbers, I say these 4 are all better no problem. There are more, I am too lazy to get into this again. Rose easily when he gets healthy as well.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:28 PM
I would say the Sacramento Kings, but the Maloofs are the worst at having to tack on salary.

As much as I want the Kings to stay, it is still a mystery.
Acquiring Rondo, and assuming Seattle buys out everything, that would be a nice rejuvenation w/ Cousins & Rondo. You guys can claim he's the most overrated player in the league right now, but he plays his position at an All-Star level. Plus, he wouldn't have to cater to Pierce & KG, so he can run wild out there with a younger team. It sounds nice too me.
I had Sacramento/Seattle in mind too, but Rondo and Cousins might be pushing the head case threshold.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
I had Sacramento/Seattle in mind too, but Rondo and Cousins might be pushing the head case threshold.

any coach who took that job had better be a zen master, or he will kill a player.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Paul
Westbrook
Parker
Irving

Without even looking up numbers, I say these 4 are all better no problem. There are more, I am too lazy to get into this again. Rose easily when he gets healthy as well.

Westbrook and Irving better than Rondo? I hope you're kidding.

Parker and Paul, yes, those were my top two. As for Westbrook and Irving, I seriously hope you're kidding.

Rondo does everything Westbrook can do except ballhog and score.
Rondo does everything Irving do except score.

If Westbrook wasn't playing with Durant, OKC would be struggling to compete against top teams.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 06:34 PM

Parker and Paul, yes, those were my top two. As for Westbrook and Irving, I seriously hope you're kidding.

If Westbrook wasn't playing with Durant, OKC would be struggling to compete against top teams.

I am not kidding at all. You are part of the problem on this one, so I will leave it at that.

CityofTreez
02-05-2013, 06:37 PM

Usually, as it happens, relocating means cleaning house.

New coach, change over the roster, and find an attractive piece.

Rondo is definitely that, but Maloofs already announced Petrie is done after this year. I can't see him making a move that will help out Sacramento, or even Seattle. We've never had a PG, something that Rondo could solve with a package consisting of either Garcia/Brooks/Thornton/Thompson/draft pick in the mix. Not all those players, but Boston could definitely receive some value back. ****, the direction we are headed, throw Tyreke Evans in there, Boston had expressed interest in him since beginning of last year.

Fla.SticKy
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM

Im a Celtics fan, and I would tell Cleveland take who you want for Irving!

Green_Monster
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
You're a great poster but that was a downright awful deal for the Celtics. Just absolutely terrible.

This. Knight, Bledsoe, and Jordan are good rebuilding pieces, though.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
haha no need to sugar coat it, I wouldn't deny that Boston would be selling really low on Rondo right now.

Chronz
02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
You go out of your way, don't you?
Just letting us know how much he dislikes Rondo

hugepatsfan
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
The issue with Rondo is that his play style dictates that he be the best offensive player on the team but skill level isn't good enough to be the best player on a championship team.

Celticsfan2007
02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
The issue with Rondo is that his play style dictates that he be the best offensive player on the team but skill level isn't good enough to be the best player on a championship team.

I understand what your saying, but I think this goes along the lines of what the general public around Boston has been saying about rondo recently.

Rondo was forced into a situation by both his teammates and coaches to be "the man". Rondo isn't the man in terms of scoring potential but he does everything else that you want a superstar to do. His poor defense is sign that he was carrying a much too large offensive burden. The lack of ball movement (primarily by Rondo) showed that his teamates wanted him to be there #1 option (not his forte)

Everyone wants Rondo to be this scoring machine, which he just simply isnt. He got away from team ball this season because his teamates and coaches told him he needed to step up on the floor. He's a great player in alot of different ways, but he just isn't what everyone publically has labeled him to be.

We just need to accept him for what he is. He would be an excellent #2 or #3 SCORING option on a contending team. But to ask him to take game winning shots, low shot clock shots and attempt 3pt shots with regularity is asking him to play to his weaknesses, not his strengths.

Sactown
02-05-2013, 07:23 PM

No way Geoff Petrie makes a move right now, with a pending sale.. I actually think
Eric Gordon swap makes a lot of sense.. The Hornets aren't a playoff team yet, and would benefit with a player like Rondo at PG, it also makes sense to get rid of Eric Gordon who is injury prone and also is pretty clear about not wanting to be there..

I think that combined with a

KG+ Pierce 4 DJ Butler Odom and Bledsoe and maybe a pic makes sense.

Boston would look like this coming into next season

Bledsoe
Gordon
Green
Sullinger
Deandre Jordan

Avery Bradly as a 6th man
Seems to be an young up and coming roster with an immediate 8Mill expiring in Odom which you could trade, and Butlers 8 Mill which would expire next year which is a trade asset.

LA would look like

CP3
Green
Paul Pierce
BG3
KG
Adding veteran experienced help while KG could help BG with his game significantly. Makes you a serious contender for 2-3 years.
and the Hornets would look like this

Rondo
(Lottery pick)
Aminu
Anderson
Davis

and gives them the opportunity to trade Vasquez when his value is highest. and match a Star studded pass first PG with your Franchise center, along with adding a top 5 pick potentially for next year..

Alayla
02-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Knight Blesdoe and DJ seems like a fine return for a team that NEEDS to rebuild

uprightciti
02-05-2013, 07:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8jr4ng

this is the WINNER!!!!

Boston
Clippers
Atlanta
Denver

Skip A. Smith
02-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Knight Blesdoe and DJ seems like a fine return for a team that NEEDS to rebuild

Knight hasn't proved to be a reliable pg and Bledsoe is best suited at SG. DJ isn't any good without Paul. It doesn't help the celtics at all. I think Chronz proposed that trade because with KG and Pierce, that would give the clips the pieces to make a championship run... He's a slickester lol

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:40 PM

this is the WINNER!!!!

Boston
Clippers
Atlanta
Denver

It's a pretty accurate trade but Atlanta is losing out. I don't think Pierce=Josh Smith. I'd like to see Atlanta get Jason Terry as well.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2013, 07:47 PM
It's a pretty accurate trade but Atlanta is losing out. I don't think Pierce=Josh Smith. I'd like to see Atlanta get Jason Terry as well.

Atlanta wants a young player under contract or draft picks for Smith I assume, so I agree with you. I mean, the trade machine doesn't allow you to chuck picks in there, so that might be an option to add.

69centers
02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Utah. They seem to be a franchise that likes fan favorite PG's. Stockton, DWill, and now Rondo could be a good new face to regroup the fan base. They're on the cusp of the playoffs, but surely know they're not in contention yet. They may be patient to wait for Rondo until next year. We could use a big and there's already been talk of them moving Big Al or Millsap.

GunFactor187
02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Switch Knight with Stuckey and you got a deal.

Blink
02-05-2013, 08:43 PM
As a Pistons fan..im not exactly sure.

Fans always think of the big names and forget about spacing.

Rondo, Monroe, Drummond seems crowded in my opinion but the P&R with Rondo n Drummond would put people in the seats which is also something we need.

Havent seen Rondo play without great players but i think i might just pull the trigger.

Green_Monster
02-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Switch Knight with Stuckey and you got a deal.

Pistons are already getting a very good deal.

Corey
02-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Because the Celtics don't skip a beat on either side when he sits, and as the Celtics have aged, and asked Rondo to do more as their stars did less, the offense slid very fast to the poor level. Rondo is a player that has only been effective with great scorers and players around him.

Agreed 100%.

Getting hazed for having that opinion on the regular.

*Silver&Black*
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
As a Hawks fan I would trade for Rondo.

rocket
02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
I see Joe Duamars doing some type of blockbuster deal for someone. So maybe this can happen.

ManRam
02-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I'd trade Afflalo and Big Baby for him. That's it.

They obviously would say no, but I wouldn't trade anything else for him. Don't want salary past the 2014 season.

JNoel
02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
I agree, the Magic could use a guy like Rondo.

PC
02-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Paul
Westbrook
Parker
Irving

This. I don't have Rondo in my top 5 PG list.

Crazy how much Parker gets overlooked when it comes to top PGs in the league

D-Leethal
02-05-2013, 11:01 PM
How can anyone NOT like Rondos game?

Trueblue2
02-05-2013, 11:26 PM

So Westbrook and Irving do everything that Rondo does plus they're better scorers yet Rondo is better?

bagwell368
02-05-2013, 11:31 PM

No.

The Celts won't get full value on a Rondo deal now, wait til he proves he can play, then deal him.

OTOH, move PP, KG, Bass, Terry, Wilcox, Collins before the deadline and get back Bledsoe, and other pieces/picks

There is no way the Celts have any shot now or in the future with this core.

And Rondo is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. Mentioned as a top 10 MVP candidate before he got hurt? Rondo is living off his legendary National TV games - because his D was terrible this year, his 3PT, FT and outside 2PT shooting remain garbage, and in case any of you geniuses missed it, over the past few years and NOW, the Celts score more and give up less w/o Rondo in given games. And I didn't even get into into his lack of leadership, toxic personality, and moronic on court suspensions. He's got way to much woof in him. People say he's top 3 PG - please he's wasn't even top 8 PG this year, and that's with no Rose. His peak was 2008-2010, and he's been sliding downward ever since.

bagwell368
02-05-2013, 11:35 PM

Read post #75. I've seen 80% of Rondo's games since 2007-2008. I have plenty of complaints with Rondo - on a number of levels. I've been a Celt fans for 47 years, and the thought of Rondo running my team into the next era just means that they will fail, because he isn't a leader, and isn't even a top 3 option on a title worthy team.

How's that?

lol, please
02-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Rondo would be a good fit for the Warriors, championship caliber even.

Chronz
02-06-2013, 01:45 AM

I like versatility in my half court offense

b@llhog24
02-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Not many that I can think of.

b@llhog24
02-06-2013, 01:50 AM

Rondo isn't a high usage player.

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2013, 12:44 PM
I think it could work for the Raptors if they weren't required t give up anything more than Lowry (and especially if they could slip a bad contract along with him, like Fields).

Dallas perhaps?

The Hornets (though I do like Vasquez).

ATL.

Minny (though they'd have to be willing to part with Rubio I imagine).

Utah may make the most sense. They could give up a big for a PG. They are already shopping a couple of big men.

Houston might do well to trade Lin for Rondo.

The Kings.

I think Denver could pull it off. I don't see them winning anything this season, but I think they still see the potential to contend this year, so I wouldn't expect any moves from them.

The Suns as well, though I'm not sure they have anything Boston wants.

JLynn943
02-06-2013, 01:12 PM
He'd be an interesting addition to the Kings. I'm assuming we'd probably have to trade Tyreke though, and I'm not sure losing Tyreke is worth the incredibly unstable combination of Cousins' and Rondo's personalities. Maybe they'd play great together, but on a team without a real coach and without good shooters to put around Rondo, I think it's more likely that it'd become a gigantic mess.

YoungOne
02-06-2013, 01:34 PM
detroit would get away with rape in that deal

Jarvo
02-06-2013, 02:34 PM
:facepalm: at this whole thread :laugh:

Jarvo
02-06-2013, 02:42 PM

this is the WINNER!!!!

Boston
Clippers
Atlanta
Denver

Good for Boston & Denver, But bad for ATL & LA.