PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah forced by NBA to change clothes during game

Ari Gold
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
http://ballislife.com/nba-made-injured-sidelined-joakim-noah-change-his-skinny-jeans-during-the-game/

Slug3
02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Didn't this whole dress code start because of AI?

DR_1
02-05-2013, 12:53 PM
:laugh:

SteBO
02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
At least they didn't fine him like the NFL commish did with Frank Gore.....

YoungOne
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
is there anything stern does not want to have the control over in the nba?

HighCHWRoller07
02-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Wow...all i have to say is wow

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Ha. The Nba is a joke now.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
At least they didn't fine him like the NFL commish did with Frank Gore.....

One of the more underrated story lines of that Super Bowl. Frank gores sock, I personally looked for it every time he stepped on the field. This, like all other dress code enforcement, is crap. Crap that is fully within the leagues right, yes, but I still don't like it. Especially for something as mundane as this.

Haha, I can just see stern with his fashion consultant, high fiving and saying, "Finally, now Joakim looks FABULOUSSSS!" Who am i kidding, MAYBE stern would go for an enthusiastic handshake.

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
these guys should be dressed like professionals on the bench...a shirt and tie to me isn't too much to ask for in my opinion....that being said I don't think Noah looked unprofessional at all...but these guys should be in a shirt and tie

JasonJohnHorn
02-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Mods can delete this comment if they want, but I'm honestly not baiting, just saying how I feel. Stern is trying to make Black players presentable for a "white" audience (not that Noah's look could be called "Black"). The dress code was in response to players who dressed in a way that reflected the culture they came from, and Stern took issue with this because he didn't think their cultural representation was fit for the culture he was hoping to lure to the NBA. Pretty sad I think. Players should be able to express themselves.

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Mods can delete this comment if they want, but I'm honestly not baiting, just saying how I feel. Stern is trying to make Black players presentable for a "white" audience (not that Noah's look could be called "Black"). The dress code was in response to players who dressed in a way that reflected the culture they came from, and Stern took issue with this because he didn't think their cultural representation was fit for the culture he was hoping to lure to the NBA. Pretty sad I think. Players should be able to express themselves.

I don't understand why it's so wrong to want people to dress in a business like matter...after all it is a business, they get paid a lot of money to work, I think it is a reasonable request to dress appropriately..If these guys weren't playing basketball they would most likely be working somewhere where they would have the same exact dress code

I mean I played high school basketball and we were required to dress with a shirt and tie to and from games..this is common in high school and college, why is it such a big issue in a professional league

c.c.
02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Ha. The Nba is a joke now.

Yes it is! A very unfunny one

Big Zo
02-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I've always thought it was silly to see someone that's surrounded by guys in sweats to be wearing a shirt and tie.
They should just wear team gear.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't understand why it's so wrong to want people to dress in a business like matter...after all it is a business, they get paid a lot of money to work, I think it is a reasonable request to dress appropriately..If these guys weren't playing basketball they would most likely be working somewhere where they would have the same exact dress code

I mean I played high school basketball and we were required to dress with a shirt and tie to and from games..this is common in high school and college, why is it such a big issue in a professional league

I have no quarrel with what you're saying, it just smacks of the already blatantly obvious megalomania of the "angel of stern". Did he NEED to take him off the court? Could he have avoided this all together, and said something behind the scenes later? Just seems more like an exercise of power more than anything.

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I've always thought it was silly to see someone that's surrounded by guys in sweats to be wearing a shirt and tie.

This is an alternative to the rule I agree with, every other sport does the same

Although, personally I don't mind shirt and tie

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 02:43 PM
I have no quarrel with what you're saying, it just smacks of the already blatantly obvious megalomania of the "angel of stern". Did he NEED to take him off the court? Could he have avoided this all together, and said something behind the scenes later? Just seems more like an exercise of power more than anything.

I agree 100%...like I said, I didn't see a problem with what Noah was wearing and a bigger deal is being made of him telling him to change than if he was left alone...if there was no request to change no one would ever even know what he was wearing

But to play devil's advocate, I guess Stern's thinking may be that if he allows one person to bend the rules (I don't know what/if specifically Noah did not follow a guideline of the dress code) than where does it stop

But again I agree, behind the scenes would of better a better way of handling the situation IMO and if it happens again and you don't like it then you fine him

Deezy3
02-05-2013, 03:08 PM

I agree completely.

Bruno
02-05-2013, 03:40 PM
he looked fine. he had a jacket on with a v-neck.

this is so far from an iverson type get up.

TheNumber37
02-05-2013, 03:46 PM
It's rather BS.
ONE cannot DRESS like a professional.
If you are a professional you just are, clothing is not going to change that.

If Bill gates showed up to a meeting in mom jeans, you'd still do business with him.

LAKERS 24/7
02-05-2013, 03:52 PM
these guys should be dressed like professionals on the bench...a shirt and tie to me isn't too much to ask for in my opinion....that being said I don't think Noah looked unprofessional at all...but these guys should be in a shirt and tie

this

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 03:54 PM
It's rather BS.
ONE cannot DRESS like a professional.
If you are a professional you just are, clothing is not going to change that.

If Bill gates showed up to a meeting in mom jeans, you'd still do business with him.

Most Americans are required to dress appropriately in they're work enviornment...not many places would tolerate jeans or sweat pants, and T-shirt

dalton749
02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
***** you wasnt with him shopping for new clothes

spreadeagle
02-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Thats ********, i liked his outfit. It was smart/casual not like he was wearing a bandanna and hoodie

spreadeagle
02-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Stern needs to meet Mark Zuckerburg, one of the richest most successful guys on the planet and hes worn the same variation of a plain tshirt for years...no one cares

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Stern needs to meet Mark Zuckerburg, one of the richest most successful guys on the planet and hes worn the same variation of a plain tshirt for years...no one cares

Incorrect...just because one person does not care doesn't mean no one cares

A majority of jobs in the country require they're employees to dress in a professional matter. Now people say, you can't DRESS like a professional, you obviously don't understand the concept.

Again, to reiterate my point, I do think Noah was dressed professionally in my opinion. I just don't agree they should be wearing jeans and a T-Shirt

CHI_Fan412
02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
But lebron and wade can dress the way they do postgame? God **** david stern

spreadeagle
02-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Incorrect...just because one person does not care doesn't mean no one cares

A majority of jobs in the country require they're employees to dress in a professional matter. Now people say, you can't DRESS like a professional, you obviously don't understand the concept.

Again, to reiterate my point, I do think Noah was dressed professionally in my opinion. I just don't agree they should be wearing jeans and a T-Shirt

Pre dress code days did you ever watch a game and hear someone go "man, it really bothers me how those guys are dressed on the sideline, its taking away from my enjoyment of the game" that's what I mean by no one cares. I mean the guys playing are wearing jerseys and shorts, I dont see the need for them to dress in a suit and tie.

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Pre dress code days did you ever watch a game and hear someone go "man, it really bothers me how those guys are dressed on the sideline, its taking away from my enjoyment of the game" that's what I mean by no one cares. I mean the guys playing are wearing jerseys and shorts, I dont see the need for them to dress in a suit and tie.

I misunderstood your point of saying no one cares then, I do agree no one loses enjoyment of the game based on how they dress on the bench

Although, I have said you have millions of dollars and your dressed like that LOL.....but never took away my enjoyment of the game

Jagged QT
02-05-2013, 04:58 PM
They are the boss, if they didn't think his style of dress was appropriate, they have the right to make him adjust.

Not news worthy imo.

stejay
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
"Adolf" Stern is out of control. The man is like a dictator.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 05:01 PM
He's misrepresenting the league. If you're going to an interview, wouldn't it be disrespect for the company if you wore jeans? Think about it.

spreadeagle
02-05-2013, 05:03 PM
I misunderstood your point of saying no one cares then, I do agree no one loses enjoyment of the game based on how they dress on the bench

Although, I have said you have millions of dollars and your dressed like that LOL.....but never took away my enjoyment of the game

I think a lot of the guys embraced it and started liking looking stylish...stern is such a dictator though, bugs me lol

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 05:06 PM
I think a lot of the guys embraced it and started liking looking stylish...stern is such a dictator though, bugs me lol

David Stern is the best thing to happen to NBA in terms of exposure and reaching great heights. He is the man.

DubbyDubbs
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
lol the video was funny anyways. "**** Joakim Noah says"

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 05:08 PM

they definitely did and I heard just as many players support the rule as I did oppose it at first...but I agree that Stern mishandled this situation...I'm curious, it might be in the article I can't remember...what exactly was the problem with what he was wearing

72 Wins
02-05-2013, 05:11 PM
He should have been fined or suspended for trying to pull off skinny pants/jeans.

spreadeagle
02-05-2013, 05:12 PM
David Stern is the best thing to happen to NBA in terms of exposure and reaching great heights. He is the man.

in general I agree and he gave Canada two teams, although lately ive started to buy in to the draft conspiracies....

Baller1
02-05-2013, 05:15 PM
That's so pathetic.

macc
02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Not sure what the outlash at Stern and the NBA is about. If there is a dress code you follow it, it's that simple. Most of us have to wear shirt and ties for our average salaray jobs 5 days a week. Yet you don't see an outcry with that. You have dress codes to get into your fav night club, yet I don't see the outcry with that either.

You're a professional athlete making millions of dollars each year. If your job paying you millions of dollars each year wants you to look like a professional, then you look like a professional. It's really that simple.

If I'm the owner of a team and I'm paying you 10 million dollars a year and all I ask when you don't play is to wear a long sleeve shirt, slacks and a tie...then F'n do it. This isn't hard people.

I'm sure if you walked into Sony/Samsung...ect, there CEO's would be as clean cut/professional looking as you get. I doubt you would see them in hoodies, designer jeans...ect.

The NBA isn't a job. It's a professional career. Theres a difference.

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Not sure what the outlash at Stern and the NBA is about. If there is a dress code you follow it, it's that simple. Most of us have to wear shirt and ties for our average salaray jobs 5 days a week. Yet you don't see an outcry with that. You have dress codes to get into your fav night club, yet I don't see the outcry with that either.

You're a professional athlete making millions of dollars each year. If your job paying you millions of dollars each year wants you to look like a professional, then you look like a professional. It's really that simple.

If I'm the owner of a team and I'm paying you 10 million dollars a year and all I ask when you don't play is to wear a long sleeve shirt, slacks and a tie...then F'n do it. This isn't hard people.

I'm sure if you walked into Sony/Samsung...ect, there CEO's would be as clean cut/professional looking as you get. I doubt you would see them in hoodies, designer jeans...ect.

The NBA isn't a job. It's a professional career. Theres a difference.

That's a great point

FreakaNashur
02-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Joakim noah is a bum and he dresses like **** he has no sense of style

ichitownclowni
02-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Joakim noah is a bum and he dresses like **** he has no sense of style

:facepalm:

RLundi
02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Oh please, who cares? There's a dress code, big deal. Nearly ALL occupations have a dress code. If you work for or under someone, chances are you have a dress code. Don't want one? Then become an owner. Til then, stop whining.

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 05:46 PM
The NBA Gestapo strikes again.
Those who wears a suit, & tie are a bunch of wannabee peacock's who have no individuality, & are only sheep following the flock.

dress codes are just another way to adjust everyone to following orders. You are being house trained just like you do to your new pet.

Wear what you feel like wearing & screw what others think. They are not better then you in any way.

(Anyone who believes a law is automatically moral or just by sheer virtue of it being the law is probably a fascist.)

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
The NBA Gestapo strikes again.
Those who wears a suit, & tie are a bunch of wannabee peacock's who have no individuality, & are only sheep following the flock.

Wear what you feel like wearing & screw what others think. They are not better then you in any way.

That's cause you work in a thrift store that doesn't need a dress code, bum. If you worked anywhere else credible, you need a dress code. You're just a bum, admit it.

spreadeagle
02-05-2013, 06:00 PM
That's cause you work in a thrift store that doesn't need a dress code, bum. If you worked anywhere else credible, you need a dress code. You're just a bum, admit it.

So ppl who work in thrift shops are bum's? you sound like an elitist Wallstreet yuppie. I have friends who own exotic cars and make huge amounts of salary and I have friends who sweep floors in grocery stores, your job does not define who you are

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 06:08 PM

I am sorry but I am not your father. But if you check your local prison you'll certainly find him there.:down:

You are the type that if tomorrow your job forced you to wear a clown suit you would probably wear it with pride, while honking your big red nose.
By the way you are not allowed to speak to anyone unless someone gives you permission 1st.

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I am sorry but I am not your father. But if you check your local prison you'll certainly find him there.:down:

You are the type that if tomorrow your job forced you to wear a clown suit you would probably wear it with pride, while honking your big red nose.
By the way you are not allowed to speak to anyone unless someone gives you permission 1st.

I believe if you were being paid millions of dollars a year and your boss asked you to wear a suit you probably would

And remember the NBA and David Stern are not FORCING them to do anything, if you don't want to follow the dress code, don't work there or deal with the constant fines/suspensions...its that simple

conway429
02-05-2013, 06:27 PM

Curious if you'd be willing to share what you do for a living?

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 06:28 PM
I believe if you were being paid millions of dollars a year and your boss asked you to wear a suit you probably would

And remember the NBA and David Stern are not FORCING them to do anything, if you don't want to follow the dress code, don't work there or deal with the constant fines/suspensions...its that simple

An ultimatum is considered forcing, or cant you see that?

My problem is that before it didn't mater, & now it does, so what will they be forced to do next?
It always starts small until it engulfs every aspect of you life, or haven't you seen all the changes happening to our government? It was a free country for the people, but now its a police state run for the billionaire globalist.

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Curious if you'd be willing to share what you do for a living?

Sure why not, I have a small carpet cleaning, & installation company, with 12 guys, & 6 trucks under me. Nothing big, but enough to support my family well enough.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Sure why not, I have a small carpet cleaning, & installation company, with 12 guys, & 6 trucks under me. Nothing big, but enough to support my family well enough.

You must be ********. I refuse to believe you're actually being serious.

I would do it with pride because I am getting a huge load of money from a boss who expects me to act in a professional manner.

Imagine your worker wearing a silly outfit with a huge stain on his shirt. Would you want him to represent your company?

The fact is they are paid a bunch load of money to service the team. My brother works in a huge firm and has to dress professionally. By that I mean a suit and tie, nothing too fancy. He doesn't like to but show him the check and he'll wear a clown outfit if he has to. In what kind of world do you live in that you can't comprehend this simple fact?

conway429
02-05-2013, 06:38 PM

alright, fair enough.
and if you had a job at a bank or something, would you refuse to abide by the dress code for work? and call it a fascist dictatorship?

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 06:43 PM
alright, fair enough.
and if you had a job at a bank or something, would you refuse to abide by the dress code for work? and call it a fascist dictatorship?

He works for a company that doesn't require a dress code. A carpet company worth thousands should not be compared to a billion dollar business.

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
You must be ********. I refuse to believe you're actually being serious.

I would do it with pride because I am getting a huge load of money from a boss who expects me to act in a professional manner.

Imagine your worker wearing a silly outfit with a huge stain on his shirt. Would you want him to represent your company?

The fact is they are paid a bunch load of money to service the team. My brother works in a huge firm and has to dress professionally. By that I mean a suit and tie, nothing too fancy. He doesn't like to but show him the check and he'll wear a clown outfit if he has to. In what kind of world do you live in that you can't comprehend this simple fact?

No I am not ********. If not you would see me at your special ed classes, that your mom makes you wear that helmet to.

Now that we started our post with customary insults, we can get back to the conversation.

There is no job that pays you a huge load of money from a boss just to wear something unless your a stripper.

I am not a tyrant who will fire an employee just cause his close were dirty. I hate people like that.

& yeah your brother, is unfortunately like billions of others around the world who have been reconditioned to not complain, & just follow orders from so called authorities.

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
alright, fair enough.

Just like most it would come down to how desperate I was. But i sure as hell would still be looking for a better job.

that's why I am so glad that I work for myself, & not someone else.

conway429
02-05-2013, 06:59 PM
^ when you operate your carpet installation company, do you do whatever you want, or do you slavishly follow the rules, laws and regulations of that business? do you live like a sheep and comply with the orders of the so-called authorities?

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:05 PM
No I am not ********. If not you would see me at your special ed classes, that your mom makes you wear that helmet to.

Now that we started our post with customary insults, we can get back to the conversation.

There is no job that pays you a huge load of money from a boss just to wear something unless your a stripper.

I am not a tyrant who will fire an employee just cause his close were dirty. I hate people like that.

& yeah your brother, is unfortunately like billions of others around the world who have been reconditioned to not complain, & just follow orders from so called authorities.

You're insulting my intelligence when you're the one who has terrible English.
Obviously for a crappy job with minimum wage you're not required to have a dress code. Although, some retailers have some sort of dress code. Depends.
When you work for one of the biggest companies and get paid handsomely, you are required to act and dress professionally. When you are looking for a job after graduating with a college degree, you better wear a suit and tie or you can go to that nearby fast food restaurant and stay there because you refused to dress your job preference.

My brother is unfortunately like billions of others. Really? He's dressing as a professional who makes a hefty amount of money. Here's the big picture: Unless you are the boss of a company, you better suck it up and stop whining if you want to get paid. My brother is like millions of other people because if he wasn't, he'll be like the rest of the billions of people without a handsomely paid career. Thanks and have a nice day.

Stunner
02-05-2013, 07:06 PM
So what if Noah played , got hurt and then came back to the bench like that would he have gotten fined ? I've seen way worse outfits that didn't look " professional " if Stern wants to reach . Westbrook shiny blue Mr Freeze get up on his way to the game on Sunday against the Lakers look worse than Noah's outfit . The NBA is trying too hard to change people culture. They need to tone down the dress code a bit , the fashion has changed dramatically since the early 00's . People style look more respectable now . We're talking about grown men here not children. I'm sure every player would take account about their wardrobe because they're their own business .

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:06 PM
^ when you operate your carpet installation company, do you do whatever you want, or do you slavishly follow the rules, laws and regulations of that business? do you live like a sheep and comply with the orders of the so-called authorities?

that's funny, & I see what your doing, but i'll be hones & say that no I don't. At least not all of them. There are many so called laws that are immoral, & unjust. But laws, & guidelines are different. I will always give you 100%, & do my best without cutting corners, when it comes to my customers. Just not the US Government.;)

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM

I don't think he really believes what he writes. It's more-so of him being a jealous adult who never reached the pivotal opportunity in dressing professionally.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:08 PM
So what if Noah played , got hurt and then came back to the bench like that would he have gotten fined ? I've seen way worse outfits that didn't look " professional " if Stern wants to reach . Westbrook shiny blue Mr Freeze get up on his way to the game on Sunday against the Lakers look worse than Noah's outfit . The NBA is trying too hard to change people culture. They need to tone down the dress code a bit , the fashion has changed dramatically since the early 00's . People style look more respectable now . We're talking about grown men here not children. I'm sure every player would take account about their wardrobe because they're their own business .

There is a difference because what Westbrook does outside of the league is not the league's issue. Noah on the other hand is on the court.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:08 PM
that's funny, & I see what your doing, but i'll be hones & say that no I don't. At least not all of them. There are many so called laws that are immoral, & unjust. But laws, & guidelines are different. I will always give you 100%, & do my best without cutting corners, when it comes to my customers. Just not the US Government.;)

Did you wear a suit on your wedding?

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:09 PM
So ppl who work in thrift shops are bum's? you sound like an elitist Wallstreet yuppie. I have friends who own exotic cars and make huge amounts of salary and I have friends who sweep floors in grocery stores, your job does not define who you are

The only thing wrong with my post is that I don't care what others think. What I said is harsh but unless you can debate it, it's the truth.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:09 PM

The only thing wrong with my post is that I don't care what others think. What I said is harsh but unless you can debate it, it's the truth.

conway429
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Players should be able to play on the court in jeans and boots too.
you're a b***h if you conform to a uniform like the thousands of other people who play basketball.

Stunner
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
There is a difference because what Westbrook does outside of the league is not the league's issue. Noah on the other hand is on the court.

I'm saying if Westbrook got hurt and came back to the game would he had have gotten fined ? It's stupid to me , there was nothing wrong with his outfit. They want every player to dress like a coach ...these are basketball players . Rose was hurt and was in warm up gear the next game when he tore his ACL he didn't get fined . The league isn't consistent at all .

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
You're insulting my intelligence when you're the one who has terrible English.
Obviously for a crappy job with minimum wage you're not required to have a dress code. Although, some retailers have some sort of dress code. Depends.
When you work for one of the biggest companies and get paid handsomely, you are required to act and dress professionally. When you are looking for a job after graduating with a college degree, you better wear a suit and tie or you can go to that nearby fast food restaurant and stay there because you refused to dress your job preference.

My brother is unfortunately like billions of others. Really? He's dressing as a professional who makes a hefty amount of money. Here's the big picture: Unless you are the boss of a company, you better suck it up and stop whining if you want to get paid. My brother is like millions of other people because if he wasn't, he'll be like the rest of the billions of people without a handsomely paid career. Thanks and have a nice day.

Your are only looking at this as a dress code issue, but that's not the case. The dress code is mickey mouse. It is more about the loss of civil right. It is something that is happening throughout the US, ever since 911.

Look at the big picture that is going on. Look at whats going on at airports, or the fact that constitutionalists are being treated like terrorist now.

If you are educated enough you should have already seed the changes happening to our government, & if not I recommend to start paying attention.

Stunner
02-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Wait and if Westbrook wardrobe didn't have anything to do with off court , why was Stern so hard on Iverson with his off court appearance ? Eh

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Your are only looking at this as a dress code issue, but that's not the case. The dress code is mickey mouse. It is more about the loss of civil right. It is something that is happening throughout the US, ever since 911.

Look at the big picture that is going on. Look at whats going on at airports, or the fact that constitutionalists are being treated like terrorist now.

If you are educated enough you should have already seed the changes happening to our government, & if not I recommend to start paying attention.

So why don't you move to a different country?

Simple: Because you have it good here.

Stop complaining about changes and all this garbage. Everything changes for a reason. You're speaking of conspiracy garbage that has nothing to do with anything.
Please answer my question. Did you wear a suite to your wedding? If so, you are a huge hypocrite.

--23--
02-05-2013, 07:23 PM
:laugh:

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Did you compare Iverson's appearance to Westbrook? Iverson dressed like a thug. Terrible image for kids who looked up to him.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Details of the dress code

Stern's dress code stated that all players must dress in business or conservative attire while arriving and departing during a scheduled game, on the bench while injured, and when conducting official NBA business (press interviews, charity events, etc.) The new dress code banned fashions most often associated with hip-hop culture, specifically: Hardwood Classics jerseys (or any other jersey), jeans, hats, do-rags, t-shirts, large jewelry, sneakers and Timberland style boots.[3]

This particular clothing is not allowed to be worn by players to interviews, games (on and off the bench), charity events, or any other occasion affiliated with the NBA or the NBDL. Violators of the dress code are fined and may be suspended with repeat offenses.[4] The dress code was developed with the intention of combating image problems that have plagued the NBA in recent history.

Under current NBA dress regulations, if a player does not dress to participate in a game, he must dress in a manner suitable for a coach. In the NBA, a suit or a sport coat is required for coaches,[3] but a necktie is not required.

This was active since 2005. It isn't new and Noah should've got fined but he was warned.

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I don't think he really believes what he writes. It's more-so of him being a jealous adult who never reached the pivotal opportunity in dressing professionally.

What exactly is there to be jealous of? Some one in a monkey suit, who you can literally see is uncomfortable?

& why does your opinion, have to be better then someone else's just cause its different? Did your god make you better then everyone else? Or are you just so full of your self that you think you are better then everyone else?

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Did you wear a suit on your wedding?

Yup, if not my mom, mother in law, & future wife would have killed me.:ohno:

Atticus Finch
I'm saying if Westbrook got hurt and came back to the game would he had have gotten fined ? It's stupid to me , there was nothing wrong with his outfit. They want every player to dress like a coach ...these are basketball players . Rose was hurt and was in warm up gear the next game when he tore his ACL he didn't get fined . The league isn't consistent at all .

Warmups are fine to wear on the bench if you're hurt. Dwight has missed a few games this year and usually he's sitting on the bench wearing his jersey and warmups. At least wearing those is consistent with what everyone else is wearing.

a. Players In Attendance At Games But Not In Uniform
Players who are in attendance at games but not in uniform are required to wear the following additional items when seated on the bench or in the stands during the game:
Sport Coat
Dress shoes or boots, and socks

http://www.nba.com/news/player_dress_code_051017.html

OceanSpray
What exactly is there to be jealous of? Some one in a monkey suit, who you can literally see is uncomfortable?

& why does your opinion, have to be better then someone else's just cause its different? Did your god make you better then everyone else? Or are you just so full of your self that you think you are better then everyone else?

This is a discussion forum that is available to all users to discuss. If you don't want to get bashed for stupidity, then stop posting ******** conspiracy garbage and then complaining at the end because you know you're wrong and have nothing else to refute.

And you just said you wore a suit... Therefore you did comply to the fact that you were forced or asked to wear a suit, and you did. Thanks for proving my point. No need to escalate further.

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:31 PM

Don't you see the irony there?
You don't have to answer my question but in which state do you live in? & if you went to south beach would you still be wearing a suit & tie to the beach?

Stunner
02-05-2013, 07:31 PM
And Westbrook dressing like the Scooby Doo mystery machine isn't as funny ? Black people will always be looked at as different no Matter what they wear just its not what the world wants to see . I'm not defending Iverson for what he wore but I've seen many of people dress like that and aren't " thugs " . Like I said fashion is different nowadays and the dress code should be watered down . Stern needs to stop thinking every player is going to walk in dressed in a basketball jersey and 10 chains . Those days are long gone . That's all I'm saying

Stunner
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Warmups are fine to wear on the bench if you're hurt. Dwight has missed a few games this year and usually he's sitting on the bench wearing his jersey and warmups. At least wearing those is consistent with what everyone else is wearing.

http://www.nba.com/news/player_dress_code_051017.html

But Noah was hurt , but I understand . I guess there was no need for Noah to wear warm ups because he knew he was out a few games but he warmed up before each game he was game to game .

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:34 PM
So why don't you move to a different country?

Simple: Because you have it good here.

Stop complaining about changes and all this garbage. Everything changes for a reason. You're speaking of conspiracy garbage that has nothing to do with anything.
Please answer my question. Did you wear a suite to your wedding? If so, you are a huge hypocrite.

How old are you? Are should I be discussing this with your parents instead of you?

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:36 PM
And Westbrook dressing like the Scooby Doo mystery machine isn't as funny ? Black people will always be looked at as different no Matter what they wear just its not what the world wants to see . I'm not defending Iverson for what he wore but I've seen many of people dress like that and aren't " thugs " . Like I said fashion is different nowadays and the dress code should be watered down . Stern needs to stop thinking every player is going to walk in dressed in a basketball jersey and 10 chains . Those days are long gone . That's all I'm saying

You fail to realize that team management pressured Stern to push this new dress code.
It's simple. NBA is a business. A business should be professional at all times. Players get fined for fighting or terrible conduct. When you're getting paid millions to play basketball, take the 10 extra minutes to represent your team and do whatever you want for days you aren't required to.

OceanSpray
02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
How old are you? Are should I be discussing this with your parents instead of you?

You make no sense. I'm 18 and I'm required by companies to follow their dress code. I am interning at an accounting firm that requires me to come in with a suit and tie. The people who don't do it? They don't get the job. I'm not going to miss an opportunity of a life time because I can't get over the fact that I will have to stop wearing jeans.

Actually, you shouldn't be discussing with my parents. I feel you are too emotionally attached to this topic that you feel I'm insulting you. In this day and age, go out and find a great paying job without a dress code. Good luck.

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:42 PM
This is a discussion forum that is available to all users to discuss. If you don't want to get bashed for stupidity, then stop posting ******** conspiracy garbage and then complaining at the end because you know you're wrong and have nothing else to refute.

And you just said you wore a suit... Therefore you did comply to the fact that you were forced or asked to wear a suit, and you did. Thanks for proving my point. No need to escalate further.

The one showing his lack of education is you, by your blind idiotic comments. If you are not smart enough to see what's going on then just shut up till you actually do.

I am a libertarian tea party member, & a true American patriots. so you & your communistic was can go back overseas to wherever you came from, & leave our country to those who believe in freedom, & liberty.

Stunner
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Like I said there was nothing wrong with what Noah was wearing . The NBA is becoming a joke .

Lord Leoshes
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
You make no sense. I'm 18 and I'm required by companies to follow their dress code. I am interning at an accounting firm that requires me to come in with a suit and tie. The people who don't do it? They don't get the job. I'm not going to miss an opportunity of a life time because I can't get over the fact that I will have to stop wearing jeans.

Actually, you shouldn't be discussing with my parents. I feel you are too emotionally attached to this topic that you feel I'm insulting you. In this day and age, go out and find a great paying job without a dress code. Good luck.

18?

oh ok, that explains everything. You are not old enough to have witnessed the tyranny that has overcome our country since the early 70's, & then went into overdrive after 911.

By the way I am 42 years old & my parents fled Cuda in the late 60's after the so called Savior Fidel Castro liberated cuba. just to immediately band guns, & turn the Cuban population into slavery.
So I know what a communistic controlled dictatorship looks like.

Stunner
02-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Plus since we saying the players are representing the " team " the team didn't seem to have a problem with his outfit and seeing how strict the Bulls originzation is I'm sure they would have told Noah to change .

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
A

NYCkid12
02-05-2013, 09:17 PM
18?

oh ok, that explains everything. You are not old enough to have witnessed the tyranny that has overcome our country since the early 70's, & then went into overdrive after 911.

By the way I am 42 years old & my parents fled Cuda in the late 60's after the so called Savior Fidel Castro liberated cuba. just to immediately band guns, & turn the Cuban population into slavery.
So I know what a communistic controlled dictatorship looks like.

I refuse to take you seriously when you compare the United States to Cuba...I really wish people like you could appreciate the country you live in .. If you were in a country that is a dictatorship like you claim the USA is then you would be hauled off and killed for speaking out against your country and it's officials

Instead you live in the great country of the USA where idiots like you can say whatever the **** you want no matter how dumb and uneducated you are

It is crazy to think that you somehow believ people shouldn't have to abide by rules.. So people in your cleaning company don't do there job and go to the mall instead of working.. Is that ok?? Or would you fire them?? If you do, then your a facist dictator according to you , if not your just a moron

Contrary to what you think, it's a privilege to play professional sports not your god given right, so if you want to play you abide by the rules just like any other business

Raps18-19 Champ
02-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Didn't this whole dress code start because of AI?

Yea. This has been around for years now.

Back then, they had idiots wearing 5 XL t shirts looking like idiots from the hood. Stern wanted to present the business to make it appealing.