PDA

View Full Version : Blazers after Pekovic

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 01:33 PM
If the Blazers manage to get Pekovic and keep Lillard, Batum, and Aldridge, they could be a dangerous team in the West

IgglesFanInCO
02-04-2013, 01:37 PM
link? or is it just speculation?

what would they give up? i dont see what they have that would be enticing to the TWolves, maybe a third team needs to get involved?

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
ESPN insider:

The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly have interest in Minnesota starting center Nikola Pekovic and he's taking the rumors as a compliment. The Wolves will likely not deal Pekovic by the Feb. 21 deadline.

“That's really nice when you hear that other teams like Portland really want to bring you in,” Pekovic told CSNNW.com. “That means that I'm doing a good job and they like what I'm doing. That's something nice.”

Pekovic will be a restricted free agent beginning in July and there is a chance the Blazers could tender him an offer sheet. That would be ironic considering the Wolves signed Nicolas Batum to a four-year, $46.12 million offer sheet last July and the Blazers matched it. The Wolves will likely match, if Pekovic does sign an offer sheet from another team.

“You never know. My first option is to stay here.” Pekovic said. “That's something that's really hard for me because there are people around me that are asking, 'What's going to happen this summer?'” Pekovic said. “This summer is going to be big for me. That's why I'm not really thinking about it and I'm just trying to focus on basketball.”

The Blazers may have up to $13.5 million in cap room this coming summer.

Pekovic, making $4.83 million this season, is averaging 15.9 points and 8.6 rebounds.

LakersIn5
02-04-2013, 01:41 PM
matthews, hickson to LAL
gasol to MIN
pekovic to POR

reemy
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM
I see the Blazers offering him a max contract just to get back at the wolves lol

shep33
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Portland has limited personnel to give back though. Hickson + Matthews? Don't see them trading Batum, Lillard or Aldridge.

shep33
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Just to add. Teams probably realize that Matthews has a not so great contract and Hickson is going to get paid big money this summer.

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
matthews, hickson to LAL
gasol to MIN
pekovic to POR

That'd be a decent trade for all teams. But that means Portland's bench gets even thinner and Barton or Smith would likely have to start at shooting guard.

shep33
02-04-2013, 01:54 PM
That'd be a decent trade for all teams. But that means Portland's bench gets even thinner and Barton or Smith would likely have to start at shooting guard.

Yeah. It's a tough one for the Blazers. It gives them a really nice core of guys, but literally nobody on the bench for depth.

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure if the Blazers are still leading in these categories but I know as of a couple weeks ago their starters averaged the most points per game in the league and their bench averaged the least

king4day
02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I see the Blazers offering him a max contract just to get back at the wolves lol

Unless Minny doesn't match it. Pek is good but not max worthy. Then again, no one that gets a max deal is worth the money.

Hellcrooner
02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
and how do they expect to get him without moving those pieces?
They dont have enough to please blazers.
They also dont have enough to please Lakers in a three way.

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Glad Blazers didn't end up with Hibbert

Hellcrooner
02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9khmzb

that MIGHT work

KingPosey
02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
They don't like JJ? I know Pek is better but JJ is explosive and developing pretty well. Last year with us in Sac was the anomaly for him.

Hellcrooner
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
They don't like JJ? I know Pek is better but JJ is explosive and developing pretty well. Last year with us in Sac was the anomaly for him.
but he is not a center, neither aldrige is.
So, makes sense to send jj away for pekovic.

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 02:33 PM

that MIGHT work

this is a very interesting trade, I like it.

Can blazers get Roy though? He got amnestied, and wasn't able to return on contract until 2014 I believe

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Even though this is unlikely, Lillard with a back to the basket, post up center, Aldridge with capable outside shooting... Dangerous. If not pek, hope they find someone similar.

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Even though this is unlikely, Lillard with a back to the basket, post up center, Aldridge with capable outside shooting... Dangerous. If not pek, hope they find someone similar.

And the development of Batum's passing and defense

Hellcrooner
02-04-2013, 02:58 PM
this is a very interesting trade, I like it.

Can blazers get Roy though? He got amnestied, and wasn't able to return on contract until 2014 I believe
i think its one year/season.
he got amnestied before the 2011 season didnt him?

LaLa_Land
02-04-2013, 03:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=avhkrs6

What do the fans of each side think? Consider Portland sending Minny a pick.

Hellcrooner
02-04-2013, 03:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=avhkrs6

What do the fans of each side think? Consider Portland sending Minny a pick.

No.

the one i made is doubtfull.
This one i can already tell you wolves nor blazers would accept.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Portland is in a great spot. Hickson is playing well for them, I'm not sure there is a lot of pressure to make a move. Assuming that LMA keeps his play up for a few season while Batum and Lillard develop into better players, Portland has a nice core of guys. Throw in Hickson and their starting line up is great. Add a player or two via free agency and he draft, and suddenly they have a bench.

If they could get Pek for little, then obviously go for it, but if not, I'd stick with what they have.

LA4life24/8
02-04-2013, 03:37 PM

that MIGHT work

thats not a terrible deal if leonard and derrick williams develop into really solid players, well i should say williams further develops, he had a decent game against LA the other night

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Hickson is a great player. He gives 110% every time out there. Fights for every rebound he can get his hands on. Has been overlooked his entire career. However, the the Blazers need a center

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aco9cv9

Picks from blazers going out also

b@llhog24
02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
matthews, hickson to LAL
gasol to MIN
pekovic to POR

:laugh: we're not trading JJ.

2-ONE-5
02-04-2013, 04:15 PM
i could see a 3 team deal where Aldirdge gets dealt

GiantsSwaGG
Portland are trying to screw the Wolves again

xRipCity
:laugh: we're not trading JJ.

Hickson is free agent after the season anyways, and as much as Olshey would like to keep him, we would have to pay big and he's not a player we can contend with. If the Blazers do make a trade before deadline, you can expect JJ or Wes or both to be traded

Sota4Ever
02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Blazers and the Wolves love each other so much....

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
i could see a 3 team deal where Aldirdge gets dealt

No. Lol. In the words of Olshey "Trade Aldridge? I would be stupid to do that" Unless we got LeBron or Durant (Like we should have had in 2007 :cry:)

xRipCity
02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Now that I think about it, this is nothing more than the Blazers attempting to push the T'wolves all in, like they made the Pacers do with Hibbert. Blazers have the room to benefit if they get the player, but also minimize the opponents market if not. Brilliant

kingsdelez24
02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Hickson is a great player. He gives 110% every time out there. Fights for every rebound he can get his hands on. Has been overlooked his entire career. However, the the Blazers need a center

Funny because when he was with the Kings it looked like he barely gave 10%

Pacerlive
02-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Now that I think about it, this is nothing more than the Blazers attempting to push the T'wolves all in, like they made the Pacers do with Hibbert. Blazers have the room to benefit if they get the player, but also minimize the opponents market if not. Brilliant

Can the Blazers offer the Max like they did last year? I don't think they can so its a moot point. Just keep dreaming Blazer fan and maybe one day you'll be relevant.

TheNumber37
02-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Pekovic should be on the Thunder.

2-ONE-5
02-04-2013, 05:34 PM
No. Lol. In the words of Olshey "Trade Aldridge? I would be stupid to do that" Unless we got LeBron or Durant (Like we should have had in 2007 :cry:)

wasnt he on the block or rumored to be earlier in the season?

topdog
02-04-2013, 08:32 PM

Yet, Blazers fans were pissed when this was done to them with Batum.

I love Pek and hope the Wolves can keep him, but too high of a price (north of $12M) and I say "move on."

Fun from Spain
02-04-2013, 08:34 PM
he sucks

he should play with rubyo

Hawkeye15
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM

Exactly. The Blazers are pissed at the Wolves, for, oh, I don't know....That's right- The Wolves forced them to match an offer for Batum that is for all NBA money, they had to kick in upwards of $45-50 million to Roy instead of insurance handling it the nanosecond he put on a Wolves uniform, and the Wolves are still trying to get a settlement from them for sending a broken Martell Webster to them.

I can see the Blazers throwing a 4 year, $58 million deal at Pek. If they do, I hope the Wolves let him go, that is stupid money for a 16/8 center, even if it sets the Wolves back yet again.

Blitzbolt
02-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Pretty sad that I don't know who Pek is the wolves need to get on tv somehow.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Pretty sad that I don't know who Pek is the wolves need to get on tv somehow.

or you could get league pass, or stop talking out of your *** about teams you don't watch.

Blitzbolt
02-04-2013, 09:10 PM
or you could get league pass, or stop talking out of your *** about teams you don't watch.Why would I watch a bad team play its not fun at all.

Sota4Ever
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I see you haven't changed much...

Swift Game
02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Pekovic has become a solid 4-5 in the league and most teams would love to have a guy like that on their roster. Not sure how much money he is expecting but I don't think he is worth more than 10 mil per. Maybe 5 -8 would be reasonable since he is not a star and probably will be right where he his now with stats.

AddiX
02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Minny loses pek any improvement they have made talent wise go down the drain. They will have to overpay to keep him and they should, it's not like premium free agents are rushing to go there, amd the guys the tried getting at fair value or salary friendly deals, for the most part have done next to nothing to improve them.

They need to stop this nonsense.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Why would I watch a bad team play its not fun at all.

You don't need to. But perhaps you can keep your opinions to yourself if you don't watch a team play, instead of making ridiculous assumptions and judgements all the time.

Just a suggestion.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Minny loses pek any improvement they have made talent wise go down the drain. They will have to overpay to keep him and they should, it's not like premium free agents are rushing to go there, amd the guys the tried getting at fair value or salary friendly deals, for the most part have done next to nothing to improve them.

They need to stop this nonsense.

You also don't put yourself in Memphis's position, where you are a competitive team, because you matched and overpaid for anything you could to keep competitive. If Pek gets a max offer, the Wolves should not match. Period.

b@llhog24
02-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Hickson is free agent after the season anyways, and as much as Olshey would like to keep him, we would have to pay big and he's not a player we can contend with. If the Blazers do make a trade before deadline, you can expect JJ or Wes or both to be traded

I meant in that trade scenario.

AddiX
02-04-2013, 11:20 PM
You also don't put yourself in Memphis's position, where you are a competitive team, because you matched and overpaid for anything you could to keep competitive. If Pek gets a max offer, the Wolves should not match. Period.

I can't see anyone offering him a max. So on that I agree w you. But if you have to offer a few more mill to keep him, than what he's worth, you guys don't have a choice IMO.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2013, 11:25 PM
I can't see anyone offering him a max. So on that I agree w you. But if you have to offer a few more mill to keep him, than what he's worth, you guys don't have a choice IMO.

Honest question. As a fan of NY, are you able to think of the point of view from front offices that can't just throw money around like it means nothing? If Portland's owner, Paul Allen, the richest man alive haha, wants to stick it to us, he will. We have pissed him off the last couple of years, he may very well out of pride offer Pek a deal that is just stupid. If that happens, I think we should let him walk.

DeRozan10
02-04-2013, 11:50 PM
why do all lakers fans automatically think every rumor should involve them and benefit their team

Sota4Ever
02-05-2013, 01:04 AM
I am alright with letting him walk.

thechom80
02-05-2013, 03:41 AM
Not a problem letting him walk, especially WHEN Portland offers max money. Enjoy that backfiring handcuff.