PDA

View Full Version : Nets Reportedly Looking to Trade Andray Blatche

Pages : [1] 2

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/02/nets-reportedly-looking-to-trade-andray-blatche-for-a-draft-pick/

FlakeyFool
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Oh my blatche

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Why? He is playing really well.

LeperMessiah
02-04-2013, 11:21 AM
dwight howard

macc
02-04-2013, 11:25 AM
He is playing well but must not be a good locker room guy. I don't blame NJ for wanting to get rid of a team cancer.

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
the nets are also reportedly interested in hedo turkoglu and would trade khris humphries for him. so they want to get rid of blatche and humphries and get a draft pick and hedo turkoglu? I was thinking they can go all out and trade marshon brooks along with mirza teletokovic for jj reddick as well.

so they trade khris humphries, marshon brooks, and mirza teletokovic to the magic for hedo turkoglu and jj reddick and then trade andray blatche to the blazers for a draft pick.

tnewkirk
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
:facepalm: if they trade him for a draft pick.

tnewkirk
02-04-2013, 11:28 AM
the nets are also reportedly interested in hedo turkoglu and would trade khris humphries for him. so they want to get rid of blatche and humphries and get a draft pick and hedo turkoglu? I was thinking they can go all out and trade marshon brooks along with mirza teletokovic for jj reddick as well.

so they trade khris humphries, marshon brooks, and mirza teletokovic to the magic for hedo turkoglu and jj reddick and then trade andray blatche to the blazers for a draft pick.

terrible trade, id rather have brooks over jj, and mirza/hump over hedo.

rurichie
02-04-2013, 11:31 AM
I would trade hump for.hedo

MrfadeawayJB
02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Boston should try and get him lol

ComplexChoices
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
He's obviously a cancer to this team. Not at all suprised.

2-ONE-5
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=mbsalame123;25300901]the nets are also reportedly interested in hedo turkoglu and would trade khris humphries for him. so they want to get rid of blatche and humphries and get a draft pick and hedo turkoglu? I was thinking they can go all out and trade marshon brooks along with mirza teletokovic for jj reddick as well.

so they trade khris humphries, marshon brooks, and mirza teletokovic to the magic for hedo turkoglu and jj reddick and then trade andray blatche to the blazers for a draft pick.[/QU

i forget what Humps contract is like but if it has 2-3 years on it no way Orlando takes it

javsvt
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
They will become Orlando2.0....

oak2455
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I would trade hump for.hedo

Agree

tnewkirk
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
He's obviously a cancer to this team. Not at all suprised.

how you figure?

maddBat
02-04-2013, 11:55 AM
i would think the only reason is because he is going to want a decent contract after this year. dont think he'll give the nets a discount.

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
hes avg 10 ppg and 5 rpg in 20 mins

D2theJ
02-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Makes no sense to trade him for a pick. This better not be true.

tnewkirk
02-04-2013, 12:26 PM
hes avg 10 ppg and 4 rpg in 20 mins

10.7 5.6 in 20 min.

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
10.7 5.6 in 20 min.

still impressive

IndyRealist
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Blatche makes $854k this year. Humphries makes $12M this year and $12M next year. Hedo makes almost exactly what Humphries does.

Yzaemar
02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Raptors should jump on this

j-bay
02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I ****ing told you guys that Blatche would ****ing screw up. But all you are asking yourselves why should i listen to a Wizards fan. I have watched all of Blatche's game as a Wizard. He is a ****ing ballhog. He may look like he has done well in Brooklyn, but thats because its his last chance. He must have done something stupid in the lockeroom for the Nets to trade this ***. I warned Nets fans about this, but no one listens

j-bay
02-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I remeber 1st game of last season he came and named himself Captain. Thats how big of a ****ing ego he has. It wouldn't surprise me that he said something stupid that didn't go well with the players.

ambisme56
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
I could definitely see why King would trade to aquire a draft pick or 2...using them and someone else maybe Brooks as a trade for someone maybe a Josh Smith or someone. Atlanta always wanted Brooks before...so maybe a deal of Brooks and 2 firsts for Smith. Smith is just an example, but something with this general idea.

koreancabbage
02-04-2013, 12:55 PM
how you figure?

cuz he does Blatche things.

seriously thought, how is he not. he's making the minimum and he is putting up good stats when Lopez isn't around, and the nets are tied for the 4th/5th best record in the East.

If he was a good player without any attitude, they keep him. But this is Blatche we are talking about, the next best thing since Javale McGee.

TrueFan420
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM

Sell while high... He won't keep this play up

Sly Guy
02-04-2013, 01:02 PM
don't know why anyone would want hedo.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Sell while high... He won't keep this play up

Why won't he? He is very talented.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Hedo is terrible why would Brooklyn give hump for an even worse player.

j-bay
02-04-2013, 01:05 PM
cuz he does Blatche things.

seriously thought, how is he not. he's making the minimum and he is putting up good stats when Lopez isn't around, and the nets are tied for the 4th/5th best record in the East.

If he was a good player without any attitude, they keep him. But this is Blatche we are talking about, the next best thing since Javale McGee.

He, McGee, and Young had the biggest egos on the team. Thats why we traded them.

TrueFan420
02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Why won't he? He is very talented.

He is but has proven over the years that he is inconsistent

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Blacthe had been the farthest thing from a "locker room cancer" this year.

And these trade claims have been denied by a Nets rep, nets are just looking for a pick, not a pick for Blatche.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:12 PM

because like I've said for awhile now, he's a FA this offseason, he counts against the salary cap and doesn't fill their biggest need which is a weak backcourt defense and a decent SG. Look for them to call Boston first. Y'all think they wouldn't aim for Bradley and Courtney Lee? watch

With Blatche you strike while the iron is hot. You trade those players at their peak, get something that covers the biggest need you have. Hell even SAS is an option if you can land a Leonard and something.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
because like I've said for awhile now, he's a FA this offseason, he counts against the salary cap and doesn't fill their biggest need which is a weak backcourt defense and a decent SG. Look for them to call Boston first. Y'all think they wouldn't aim for Bradley and Courtney Lee? watch

With Blatche you strike while the iron is hot. You trade those players at their peak, get something that covers the biggest need you have. Hell even SAS is an option if you can land a Leonard and something.
The backcourt is not our biggest need, a starting PF is.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM

No chance Bradley goes anywhere.

Robbw241
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I would trade him for a 1st.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:19 PM
The backcourt is not our biggest need, a starting PF is.

your backcourt D is one of the worst in the NBA. You're being saved by Brook and Crash alot. You need to get them help. And make DWill's job easier while he's playing hurt.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
No chance Bradley goes anywhere.

Boston is desperate, they're dangling KG to LAC for Beldsoe, if that move happens, Blatche for Bradley can happen.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
your backcourt D is one of the worst in the NBA. You're being saved by Brook and Crash alot. You need to get them help. And make DWill's job easier while he's playing hurt.

Not so much as you think. Bogans has been very good on defense thus far, even if he's not on every night from three. We don't need to trade one of our scoring bigs for a guy like Bradley, it just wouldn't benefit the team, even if he is good.

The Nets are looking to gain a pick for to make a trade. Now whether that's for someone like Nene or Millsap is yet to be seen.

LongIslandIcedZ
Dont totally understand the cap, why dont the Nets have Blaches bird rights?

He's playing well I cant imagine they would want to get rid of him.

xxplayerxx23
Boston is desperate, they're dangling KG to LAC for Beldsoe, if that move happens, Blatche for Bradley can happen.

Not a chance in the world. Bradley is going nowhere for nothing. Yeah Boston trades kg to do more of a rebuild and then trade their second best rebuild player for blatche :laugh2:

waveycrockett
The Nets have been under the biggest spot light of any basketball team this season and are being covered by ton of veteran writers. All say Blatche has been a model citizen. Blatche isn't going anywhere unless it's in a deal for a better player.

Freyakazoide
02-04-2013, 01:25 PM

One thing is being desperate, other is being straight stupid and trade ****** Blatche for BRADLEY, C'mon man, no chance AT ALL that this trade happens lol

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2013, 01:26 PM
He's playing well, and the team is winning... I'm not sure trading him would be a great idea, but if they can get something back for him, it's practically a freebie since they signed him as a free agent for the vet min. Anytime you can sign a guy for the vet min. and then trade him for a legit piece to your team is a bonus.

That said, I don't think they could get much for him.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Not a chance in the world. Bradley is going nowhere for nothing. Yeah Boston trades kg to do more of a rebuild and then trade their second best rebuild player for blatche :laugh2:

you think Blatche is nothing?

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
you think Blatche is nothing?

No. He is solid. But Bradley is young, has star pot and is already one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. He isn't going anywhere.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Not so much as you think. Bogans has been very good on defense thus far, even if he's not on every night from three. We don't need to trade one of our scoring bigs for a guy like Bradley, it just wouldn't benefit the team, even if he is good.

The Nets are looking to gain a pick for to make a trade. Now whether that's for someone like Nene or Millsap is yet to be seen.

Yes as much as I think. Bogans hasn't been that great this season for you.

I'm not saying you wouldn't go for a a pick but hell I'd aim for a Bradley or Leonard, just wait in the wings and strike. You imagine that defense w/ crash, and Bradley on the wings helping out the bigs who have surprisingly been average to good.

waveycrockett
02-04-2013, 01:33 PM
One thing is being desperate, other is being straight stupid and trade ****** Blatche for BRADLEY, C'mon man, no chance AT ALL that this trade happens lol

Who is Bradley? And what does he do?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:34 PM
No. He is solid. But Bradley is young, has star pot and is already one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. He isn't going anywhere.

I like defense too. But umm.. you do realize they'd have no one offensively. You have to build first before the glue guy stays. It'll hurt but if you can get a talent like Blatche which ppl forget, he was a lotto talent, double double ability and then some. I love Bradley's youth and defense but I'd think Ainge would.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Knicks4lyfe nets would never get any of those guys. Leonard and Bradley are two young guys that both teams won't trade for anybody on the nets. Your crazy ainge would laugh and hang up with that offer.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Who is Bradley? And what does he do?

Avery Bradley is one of the best shutdown guards in the league. Probably the best in the game right now.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Knicks4lyfe nets would never get any of those guys. Leonard and Bradley are two young guys that both teams won't trade for anybody on the nets.

Explain why.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Yes as much as I think. Bogans hasn't been that great this season for you.

I'm not saying you wouldn't go for a a pick but hell I'd aim for a Bradley or Leonard, just wait in the wings and strike. You imagine that defense w/ crash, and Bradley on the wings helping out the bigs who have surprisingly been average to good.

I've watched essentially every game this year, replacing Bogans and Blatche for Bradley would not improve this team. Now if we had another scoring big off the bench , I'd definitely go for that, but it's not what we need by far.

A PF who can help DWill off the PnR is what we need. And from what I hear, that's what we're targeting.

Not to mention, the Celtics wouldn't sniff that deal. I think you gotta give that notion up man.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Explain why.

Because they are both highly regarded by both their orginazations. Like you said Bradley might be the best sg defender in the league.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I've watched essentially every game this year, replacing Bogans and Blatche for Bradley would not improve this team. Now if we had another scoring big off the bench , I'd definitely go for that, but it's not what we need by far.

A PF who can help DWill off the PnR is what we need. And from what I hear, that's what we're targeting.

Not to mention, the Celtics wouldn't sniff that deal. I think you gotta give that notion up man.

You think a ball defender like Bradley wouldn't improve your team? homie I've watched Bogans he ain't that good and he hurts you on offense too.

Why do the Nets need more scoring? if your dropping 95-100 ppg, yes I know your D is top 5, but you need a shut down defender. You don't have one. I don't think it's a far stretch, I mean what's Boston going to do w/ Bradley? unless they think he's a franchise player.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I ****ing told you guys that Blatche would ****ing screw up. But all you are asking yourselves why should i listen to a Wizards fan. I have watched all of Blatche's game as a Wizard. He is a ****ing ballhog. He may look like he has done well in Brooklyn, but thats because its his last chance. He must have done something stupid in the lockeroom for the Nets to trade this ***. I warned Nets fans about this, but no one listens

Dude... are you off your meds??

They are looking to shop him because they cannot afford to keep him. He is playing too good and teams will offer him more money than the Nets can this summer.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Because they are both highly regarded by both their orginazations. Like you said Bradley might be the best sg defender in the league.

but does it make sense to keep that guy while his value might be at his peak? do you risk him regressing and losing out on a big catch? Look at little Nate? remember Balkmania? Sean Williams? Tyrus Thomas?

WAYNEBO
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM

They are looking to shop him because they cannot afford to keep him. He is playing too good and teams will offer him more money than the Nets can this summer.

↑ ↑ ↑ This is why they are looking to trade him. A temporary fix gamble that has peaked as an asset. Sell high rather than low, and his past lows are well documented. They couldn't resign him next year anyways... makes sense.

Jint.
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Ronnie Brewer for Blatche

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 01:56 PM
↑ ↑ ↑ This is why they are looking to trade him. A temporary fix gamble that has peaked as an asset. Sell high rather than low, and his past lows are well documented. They couldn't resign him next year anyways... makes sense.

Thank you. Someone is thinking. Not saying Blatche hasn't greatly improved, but he's a FREE AGENT this summer. The Nyets are not paying him what he'll get in that market. His value is at it's peak. What team that needs a scoring big won't give Brooklyn a call for him. If Ainge deals KG, he'll want to call the Nyets to patch up a hole. Miami could call, SAS losing Duncan could call. Hell the Roxs might even call. You deal that kid while the iron is hot, he becomes a star somewhere else you deal w/ it, but get something that immediately is a big need for you.

Now if I'm the Nyets GM, I'm looking to bring defense and potential scoring, that's why Leonard or Chandler or Bradley would be on my radar first.

And come to think of it, Clips are interested in KG for Bledsoe, why wouldn't Billy King block that w/ offering Blatche?

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Ronnie Brewer for Blatche

Have the Knicks and Nets ever done business?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Have the Knicks and Nets ever done business?

you'd do the deal?

:hide:

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
but does it make sense to keep that guy while his value might be at his peak? do you risk him regressing and losing out on a big catch? Look at little Nate? remember Balkmania? Sean Williams? Tyrus Thomas?

How is blatche a good return for a Bradley or lenoard? I don't understand how Boston or sa would even remotely consider that.

benzni
02-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I dont believe he is a cancer. His contact ends after this season and after playing well, he will want a bigger contract. Nets are trying to sell high is my guess

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
How is blatche a good return for a Bradley or lenoard? I don't understand how Boston or sa would even remotely consider that.

B/c he's a big that can score 20 as a starter, hits FTs, can pass, has post moves, rebounds, plays D and is way under 30, oh every once in awhile can dribble the ball up himself. You build w/ that in future. Trust me those teams love Bradley and Leonard but gaining a Blatche would soften the blow.

You haven't answered this. If Boston can get a Bledsoe for KG, why wouldn't the Nyets try to interfere and off Andray instead for Bledsoe?

netsgiantsyanks
02-04-2013, 02:24 PM
considering that he's a lock to be gone after the season, i wouldnt be angry depending on what we get for him.

IndyRealist
02-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Dont totally understand the cap, why dont the Nets have Blaches bird rights?

He's playing well I cant imagine they would want to get rid of him.

I believe you have to be with a team two consecutive years to have Bird rights, which transfers with you if you are traded to another team. Blatche signed as a free agent, so his Bird rights counter went back to zero. It's the player that has Bird rights, not the team. Kris Humphries, for instance, had Bird rights even though he was on a 1 year deal last year, because he played for the Nets the year before as well.

Kenny
02-04-2013, 02:26 PM
B/c he's a big that can score 20 as a starter, hits FTs, can pass, has post moves, rebounds, plays D and is way under 30, oh every once in awhile can dribble the ball up himself. You build w/ that in future. Trust me those teams love Bradley and Leonard but gaining a Blatche would soften the blow.

You haven't answered this. If Boston can get a Bledsoe for KG, why wouldn't the Nyets try to interfere and off Andray instead for Bledsoe?

You take Blatche over Bledsoe your GM is a ****en moron. Sorry, no nice way to put it.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:26 PM
considering that he's a lock to be gone after the season, i wouldnt be angry depending on what we get for him.

now we're seeing fans make sense.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
You take Blatche over Bledsoe your GM is a ****en moron. Sorry, no nice way to put it.

and if you take KG over Bledsoe?

Chronz
02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
IF their backcourt D sucks, why doesn't the finger point to D-Will? And while Bradley would be a huge boon for them, Bogans hasn't sucked, seems like he plays well with the starters to me. The offense flows better sometimes when its Bogans replacing Crash at the 3.

j-bay
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM

I just hate they guy. And so does every other Wizards fan. Guys like Blatche don't change. The reason why he is not doing anthing bad right now is because he only has one more chance. If he does anything stupid again he is gone. He was so wild last year that the management could not control him. When he was released the management most likely sent out a red flag to every team in the league. The Nets when they signed him probably told him if he does anything stupid, he is gone.

Kenny
02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
and if you take KG over Bledsoe?

Are you really saying Blatche is on the same level to Kevin Garnett???

CaptainClutch
02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
The only way I see this happening is if the Nets need to couple up two first rounders for a big-time swingman

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:32 PM
IF their backcourt D sucks, why doesn't the finger point to D-Will? And while Bradley would be a huge boon for them, Bogans hasn't sucked, seems like he plays well with the starters to me. The offense flows better sometimes when its Bogans replacing Crash at the 3.

Bogans offense is mainly the corner 3. His defense is under average. Dwill is injured, he ain't CP3 on D that's for sure. But that needs to be fixed.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 02:36 PM

When did blatche prove he could score 20 a game? No way he could do that eficently. No way is he a good defender. He is a little above average at best. They could get a better package for Bradley I he was otb which he won't be. Bledsoe is a pg, Bradley can play both pg and sg. If they trade kg then try to trade pierce. Rondo would be out the door next. Like I said no reason to trade Bradley for a guy that proved he can be a spark off the bench but in no way has he shown he could be a 20 ppg scorer. He isn't worth a Bradley or Leonard, and I'm sure the fans of those teams would back me.

JerseysFinest
02-04-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure if this has been said already, but league sources told a Nets fan site (Netsdaily.com), twitter/netsdaily, that this report is false. Doesn't make sense for the Nets to trade Dray, he's been an integral part of the Nets' success thus far this season. Carry on.

29$JerZ
02-04-2013, 02:42 PM

I'm surprised people don't realize this.
Nets got him off Amnesty Waivers so he will be looking for a new contract after the season.
They are Cash strapped since they maxed out with Deron/Joe J/Crash/Lopez. Might as well try to retain some form of value.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:42 PM
When did blatche prove he could score 20 a game? No way he could do that eficently. No way is he a good defender. He is a little above average at best. They could get a better package for Bradley I he was otb which he won't be. Bledsoe is a pg, Bradley can play both pg and sg. If they trade kg then try to trade pierce. Rondo would be out the door next. Like I said no reason to trade Bradley for a guy that proved he can be a spark off the bench but in no way has he shown he could be a 20 ppg scorer. He isn't worth a Bradley or Leonard, and I'm sure the fans of those teams would back me.

I don't get the sense you're making. If KG is out the door, and then PP, who's scoring? air? As for Blatche, he's 10/5 off the bench, he's shooting 49% and isn't just PnR. As a starter he was average 17/8 and shooting 55%

JerseysFinest
02-04-2013, 02:45 PM

I don't really think he's a lock to be gone. Even though he's matured a lot this season, he still had that little incident in Philadelphia which I'm sure has GM's a little hesitant. Unless some team really overpays for him, I think he stays a Net. Washington is still giving him amnesty payments as well.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't really think he's a lock to be gone. Even though he's matured a lot this season, he still had that little incident in Philadelphia which I'm sure has GM's a little hesitant. Unless some team really overpays for him, I think he stays a Net. Washington is still giving him amnesty payments as well.

homie he's gone. They'll be lucky to keep Brooks too.

TheScab
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Sad that people out of DC are surprised. But as folks around here have seen Blatche from day 1, we all know what he was and is about. No need to type all the details. Just check this website for a summary:

http://www.andrayblatchesucks.com/

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
he doesn't suck, the Nets just want to sell while they can. He's actually been great for them.

IndyRealist
02-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Overrating the Nets asset. Yes, Blatche is playing well. But not once has he come close to averaging 20ppg for a season. So he can get 20 points in a game, Adam Morrison once got 30. And yes, he does rebound. But not well, for a big man. If you're comparing him to Lopez, then yes he does rebound. And if the Nets want to move him, it's for the same reason that no team is going to part with a core player, because he is on an expiring deal.

Why would I give up two more cheap years of Kawhi Leonard for a guy who may leave in the summer? And if he didn't leave he's expecting big money? Bull****. Kawhi Leonard was, is, and will be, better than Andray Blatche.

I can't speak about Avery Bradley. Post injury I haven't seen him play, but people who do seem to be very high on him. Can't see that move either. Why would a team that's obviously going to be rebuilding trade away a good player on a rookie contract for a player who may regress that you're going to have to give a massive deal to, which will handcuff your team financially and keep you mediocre? I'd take Jared Sullinger and his gimp back over Blatche and his gimp brain.

As for the Bledsoe question, that's a different scenario. The concensus is that EB is leaving no matter what. If my choices are KG or Blatche, I'd pick KG every time. Yes he's older, but he has championship experience, a proven record of deferring to teammates for the sake of winning, and much better defense. KG brings intensity, work ethic, and single-minded determination. And I hate KG. (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?310195-Vote-For-Yi&highlight=vote)

JerseysFinest
02-04-2013, 02:54 PM

We'll see. And the Nets want to trade Brooks I think.

JerseysFinest
02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Bogans offense is mainly the corner 3. His defense is under average. Dwill is injured, he ain't CP3 on D that's for sure. But that needs to be fixed.

Under average? Bogans has actually played significantly well on both sides of the ball, especially on the defensive end. He's arguably been the Nets' third best defender behind Brook and Gerald Wallace.

FOXHOUND
02-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Trading Blatche would be an easy sell for the Nets. While in most situations a proven player is better than a pick this is a case where I think the opposite is true. Blatche has been good for the Nets, but he's not anything special. The likelihood of them keeping him with their cap situation is pretty much zilch, as there's no way he's not parlaying this solid season into a nice contract. Bigs get paid in this league, he should be able to get solid money somewhere and maybe even a larger role.

The Nets have stuck themselves with this core of players, and between their incredibly bloated cap on 5 players and all the picks they have traded putting this team together the best way for improvement is through the draft. There have been many good players in this league drafted in the 20's, and ones far better than Blatche. Is that a slam dunk if they end up with a pick like that? No, but once they put this group together of 5 players where the cheapest guy makes $12M a year they already decided to gamble, and Blatche is as good as gone anyways.

xxplayerxx23
I don't get the sense you're making. If KG is out the door, and then PP, who's scoring? air? As for Blatche, he's 10/5 off the bench, he's shooting 49% and isn't just PnR. As a starter he was average 17/8 and shooting 55%

There rebuilding. Blatche isn't a guy you rebuild with. Bradley has more value then that. Bledsoe-Bradley backcourt then trade rondo for a stud big man. Blatche put that up how long ago? And how bad was the team? Blatche isn't a 20-8 guy maybe a 15-7 with 49% shooting at best. And his defense is meh. No way Boston would take that deal and Boston fans would puke thinking about it..

KniCks4LiFe
Under average? Bogans has actually played significantly well on both sides of the ball, especially on the defensive end. He's arguably been the Nets' third best defender behind Brook and Gerald Wallace.

why do the stats show he's played under average D? Brook and Gerald have been good. Infact they are 2 of the Nets best defenders.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:00 PM
There rebuilding. Blatche isn't a guy you rebuild with. Bradley has more value then that. Bledsoe-Bradley backcourt then trade rondo for a stud big man. Blatche put that up how long ago? And how bad was the team? Blatche isn't a 20-8 guy maybe a 15-7 with 49% shooting at best. And his defense is meh. No way Boston would take that deal and Boston fans would puke thinking about it..

6'11 17/8 guy w/ Rondo would make them puke, yet Bradley's shutdown defense and potential 2014 w/ a rebuilt roster w/ no big wouldn't make them want to puke. You think the Celtics fans would puke to Dray's 17/8 being coached by Doc or Fab and Jared being their only big productions and a potential under .500 season?

JerseysFinest
02-04-2013, 03:04 PM
why do the stats show he's played under average D? Brook and Gerald have been good. Infact they are 2 of the Nets best defenders.

As I said earlier, it's been more of a recent surge. He was a key factor in many of the January games due to his commitment to defense, and his ability to knock down that corner three. Actually, under Carlesimo, he's been playing very, very well. Very surprised by his output. Some games he's even outplayed Wallace to the point that Wallace sits on the bench in favor of Keith. Good example is the Knick game on MLK day, when during the second half, Carlesimo benched Wallace in favor of Bogans because of his defense and better perimeter shooting. Hopefully the Nets retain him as well as Dray.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:06 PM
As I said earlier, it's been more of a recent surge. He was a key factor in many of the January games due to his commitment to defense, and his ability to knock down that corner three. Actually, under Carlesimo, he's been playing very, very well. Very surprised by his output. Some games he's even outplayed Wallace to the point that Wallace sits on the bench in favor of Keith. Good example is the Knick game on MLK day, when during the second half, Carlesimo benched Wallace in favor of Bogans because of his defense and better perimeter shooting. Hopefully the Nets retain him as well as Dray.

you can't base it on 1 game. I'm basing the season, he's been under average on the defense. That's a big problem. B/c when DWade, or Paul George or DRose get on that court and playoffs arrive, you think Bogans is going to stop that? :laugh2:

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 03:07 PM
i would rather trade the humph instead of blatche...blatche and hickson are big time bargains

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:08 PM
6'11 17/8 guy w/ Rondo would make them puke, yet Bradley's shutdown defense and potential 2014 w/ a rebuilt roster w/ no big wouldn't make them want to puke. You think the Celtics fans would puke to Dray's 17/8 being coached by Doc or Fab and Jared being their only big productions and a potential under .500 season?

Yes. Bradley can get a better player then blatche. Go see what Boston fans think of that trade.

Freyakazoide
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM

You really think that Blatche would made that BIG difference?
I would absolutely want to see Melo and Sullinger (wich is ALREADY better than blatche) with Bledsoe-Bradley-Green than any team with Blatche, considering that we would deal Bradley. Yea, i would puke.

JerseysFinest
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
you can't base it on 1 game. I'm basing the season, he's been under average on the defense. That's a big problem. B/c when DWade, or Paul George or DRose get on that court and playoffs arrive, you think Bogans is going to stop that? :laugh2:

I'm not basing it one game. I'm basing it on the games he played under Carlesimo. When Avery was in town, your right, he was under average. Lol on that last point, I'm not really sure .

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Yes. Bradley can get a better player then blatche. Go see what Boston fans think of that trade.

what type of player are we talking here, realize on the other line execs. see Bradley and think ok he's great w/ Doc, but you want who for him?

Giraffes Rule
02-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Isn't this the same guy that literally nobody else in the league wanted to give a guaranteed contract to?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:13 PM
You really think that Blatche would made that BIG difference?
I would absolutely want to see Melo and Sullinger (wich is ALREADY better than blatche) with Bledsoe-Bradley-Green than any team with Blatche, considering that we would deal Bradley. Yea, i would puke.

Fab Melo is already better than Blatche? Ok...

rockbottom2010
i wouldn't be surprised if the celtics go after him....esp. if the big ticket is on the block....

Freyakazoide
Fab Melo is already better than Blatche? Ok...

Where did i said that?
SULLINGER, not Melo.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Where did i said that?
SULLINGER, not Melo.

you think Sullinger is better? maybe on defense I agree. Everything else?

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
the one thing I learned from this thread :

avery bradley is god

:laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:19 PM

avery bradley is god

2nd coming!

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM

avery bradley is god

Bradley is a better defender then anybody on the nets. He is young and has pot to play some good offense. Boston will not give him up for blatche.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Bradley to Boston is the equivalent of shump to the knicks. Would you really consider shump for blatche? :puke:

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Bradley is a better defender then anybody on the nets. He is young and has pot to play some good offense. Boston will not give him up for blatche.

that's all great, no it really is. But remember Chuck Hayes in HOU? Raja Bell? Shawn Marion again. What are you trying to say here? what is tradeable for Avery Bradley. I want to hear this.

Bradley to Boston is the equivalent of shump to the knicks. Would you really consider shump for blatche? :puke:

if you didn't have Melo, yeh I would.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:26 PM
that's all great, no it really is. But remember Chuck Hayes in HOU? Raja Bell? again. What are you trying to say here? what is tradeable for Avery Bradley. I want to hear this.

if you didn't have Melo, yeh I would.

Not sure but blatche isn't. Bradley has an offensive game, he also has shown flashes lf being a solid offensive player.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Not sure but blatche isn't. Bradley has an offensive game, he also has shown flashes lf being a solid offensive player.

what you think Avery is Clyde Drexler?

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM

thats great because I wouldn't give blatche up for him either

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Yeah I said that.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM
thats great because I wouldn't give blatche up for him either

And that's why you wouldn't be a gm for a team.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Yeah I said that.

I didn't say you said that, you think that's what he is?

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:34 PM
I didn't say you said that, you think that's what he is?

No. But he has the pot to be a very good player, with his ability to shut down the 1 and the 2s in this league and he has shown he can play offense. He can hit the 3 and is quick. When this team rebuilds you will see numbers on the offensive side of the ball.

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
And that's why you wouldn't be a gm for a team.

yea because I wouldn't give up a 25 year old center who has ability to be a top 10 center for a 6'2 guard who can only defend

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:37 PM
No. But he has the pot to be a very good player, with his ability to shut down the 1 and the 2s in this league and he has shown he can play offense. He can hit the 3 and is quick. When this team rebuilds you will see numbers on the offensive side of the ball.

I like his defense too but you can not overrate the value. If your a team that has no offensive option and is ready to be extincted IDK how you don't part w/ him. You can get defensive players in the draft, Bradley came from the D-league. :laugh2:

Man Rondo is going to break tables when he comes back and sees a Pierceless and KG-less Celtics roster in 2014. :laugh2:

3neSoulja
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Blatche for bargnani.. Well take him in a heart beat for someone who cant rebound but hey they got brook lopez

jmoney85
Blatche for bargnani.. Well take him in a heart beat for someone who can rebound

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllll no

ghettosean
Raptors should jump on this

No we shouldn't... LOL... We don't need a cancer in our locker room... We have a classy group of guys and I'd like to keep it that way instead of someone whinning about him needing the ball more or some garbage like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
I like his defense too but you can not overrate the value. If your a team that has no offensive option and is ready to be extincted IDK how you don't part w/ him. You can get defensive players in the draft, Bradley came from the D-league. :laugh2:

Defensive players like him? Good luck. I'm not saying he is un tradable, I'm saying he has more value then blatche.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:42 PM
yea because I wouldn't give up a 25 year old center who has ability to be a top 10 center for a 6'2 guard who can only defend

:laugh: blatche a top 10 center :laugh: let me guess blatche>chandler right

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Defensive players like him? Good luck. I'm not saying he is un tradable, I'm saying he has more value then blatche.

you have yet to tell me what the hell would you trade him for. You realize Rondo is out for 1/2 of next yr. too, what are you doing here? you want him to break tables and request a trade if you're the Celtics GM?

Chronz
02-04-2013, 03:46 PM

your overdoing it. its not that bad of a comp

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
you have yet to tell me what the hell would you trade him for. You realize Rondo is out for 1/2 of next yr. too, what are you doing here? you want him to break tables and request a trade if you're the Celtics GM?

Again I don't know who. I've said I wouldn't do blatche for him. Isn't rondo out until around dec next year? If they do the kg trade their obviously in rebuild mode, they would prob show rondo off after the injury then trade him when his value is up.

Zefflin
02-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Come to the lakers, we have plenty of cancers on our team, he'll fit right in.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:48 PM
your overdoing it. its not that bad of a comp

I wouldn't trade shump or Bradley for blatche. You would?

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM

Dude are you ****ing serious?

Why in the hell would the Celtics trade Bradley for Blatche?

Offense, you think 17/8 is something you should rebuild with? Especially with someone with his past maturity issues? Celtics would laugh. Even wondered to think maybe he's putting up good numbers and behaving is because he's looking for a new deal? This is his last shot at getting a big contract. He's not that good of a defender, tends to hog the ball and I still don't trust his maturity growth. Bradley although not a good offensive player is an ELITE defender. Besides Toney Allen, he's one of the few you can put on the opposing 2's or 3's an take them out of the game. That's I guy everyone needs in their starting line up. As far as scoring. You can easily trade Pierce and KG and free up some cap space. Sign a guy like Kevin Martin, Sullinger (even with back issues) has proven with more playing time can be a solid player, fab is still a question and plus you have guys like Nikola who will be a free agent and can thrive with a PG and he's even better than Blatche. Stupid trade.

And serious question, why do you care solo freakin much about the Nets if you claim you're a Knicks fans?

JOhnnyTHaJet
People who are still calling him a cancer are still living in the past. He's been great this year, on and off the court.

jmoney85
:laugh: blatche a top 10 center :laugh: let me guess blatche>chandler right

I guess you can't read?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM

if we didn't have Melo or Stat and had a team w/ just Tyson and Jefferies, are you telling me you wouldn't?

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM

Offense, you think 17/8 is something you should rebuild with? Especially with someone with his past maturity issues? Celtics would laugh. Even wondered to think maybe he's putting up good numbers and behaving is because he's looking for a new deal? This is his last shot at getting a big contract. He's not that good of a defender, tends to hog the ball and I still don't trust his maturity growth. Bradley although not a good offensive player is an ELITE defender. Besides Toney Allen, he's one of the few you can put on the opposing 2's or 3's an take them out of the game. That's I guy everyone needs in their starting line up. As far as scoring. You can easily trade Pierce and KG and free up some cap space. Sign a guy like Kevin Martin, Sullinger (even with back issues) has proven with more playing time can be a solid player, fab is still a question and plus you have guys like Nikola who will be a free agent and can thrive with a PG and he's even better than Blatche. Stupid trade.

And serious question, why do you care solo freakin much about the Nets if you claim you're a Knicks fans?

thats funny, I should ask you the same thing

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:52 PM

actually Bradley is an average offensive player. Bradley is an elite defender.

STFU about the Knicks and Nets trade thread fan pride. It's a trade thread you idiot. I also talked in the Knicks trade thread. The Rockets, the Raptors anything on the NBA trade threads, even the Lakers. MYOFB.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Look what happen when we didn't trade Shump for Nash. How did that turn out?

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
if we didn't have Melo or Stat and had a team w/ just Tyson and Jefferies, are you telling me you wouldn't?

If we didn't have melo or amare our team would be horrible. Lol I still don't think much of blatche but yes I'd prob consider it more even though the Knicks would be horrible either way. Btw blatche career high fg pct besides this yesterday was 47.1. The year he put up 15 and 8 he shot 44.5. He isn't a guy I build around.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
actually Bradley is an average offensive player. Bradley is an elite defender.

STFU about the Knicks and Nets trade thread fan pride. It's a trade thread you idiot.

Who gives a ****, you in every ****ing nets thread ***. Stop fronting. You ain't a Knicks fans. Rarely in a Knicks thread but always in a nets thread. Du*ba**!

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Look what happen when we didn't trade Shump for Nash. How did that turn out?

shump is shooting 35% and got torched a few times already

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
How did Blatche do with a rebuilding Wizards team?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:55 PM
If we didn't have melo or amare our team would be horrible. Lol I still don't think much of blatche but yes I'd prob consider it more even though the Knicks would be horrible either way. Btw blatche career high fg pct besides this yesterday was 47.1. The year he put up 15 and 8 he shot 44.5. He isn't a guy I build around.

So why shouldn't Boston? :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
I guess you can't read?

We aren't talking about. A 22 23 year old. He is Turing 27 before next season. He has never been an efficient player, he is alright on defense.

GiantsSwaGG
shump is shooting 35% and got torched a few times already

And yet we're still winning, how's the Lakers record? And Nash is a HORRIBLE defender

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Who gives a ****, you in every ****ing nets thread ***. Stop fronting. You ain't a Knicks fans. Rarely in a Knicks thread but always in a nets thread. Du*ba**!

Get off my Knicks d__k! and this is a public forum so MYOFB! MIND YO OWN F___{_ BUSINESS!

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
We aren't talking about. A 22 23 year old. He is Turing 27 before next season. He has never been an efficient player, he is alright on defense.

he has a 22.7 per this season

pretty sure thats efficient

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 03:58 PM
And yet we're still winning, how's the Lakers record? And Nash is a HORRIBLE defender

nash is a horrible defender but at least he is one of the best offensive players in the last 15 years

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Get off my Knicks d__k! and this is a public forum so MYOFB! MIND YO OWN F___{_ BUSINESS!

:facepalm: are you serious? If that's the case everyone including your d******** should mind their business. It's a forum you ***. Don't post if you don't want ppl to be in your business. Fake *** Knicks fan sit ya corny *** down with ya lame ****

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
nash is a horrible defender but at least he is one of the best offensive players in the last 15 years

What about this year?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:02 PM
:facepalm: are you serious? If that's the case everyone including your d******** should mind their business. It's a forum you ***. Don't post if you don't want ppl to be in your business. Fake *** Knicks fan sit ya corny *** down with ya lame ****

Homie it's like you're in love w/ me.

You sound like a jealous wife.

jmoney85
What about this year?

what about it?

he's shooting 52% from the field and 44% from 3 and averaging 7.8 assists

xxplayerxx23
So why shouldn't Boston? :laugh2:

Why should they? If they plan on rebuilding and start with a kg for Bledsoe type deal? Okay then pierce not sure who they could get. There was a rumor a while back with Barnes. They would go into next year with

Bledsoe
Bradley
Barnes
Sully
Then bring rondo in show him off then trade him for a big man. Rondo could net them a big time stud.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:03 PM

Never that son, but it looks like you're in love with the Nets. Just pulling fake *** fans cards and you're one of them. Sorry!

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:03 PM

you didn't get the memo

you're not biased enough to be a PSD knick fan

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Why should they? If they plan on rebuilding and start with a kg for Bledsoe type deal? Okay then pierce not sure who they could get. There was a rumor a while back with Barnes. They would go into next year with

Bledsoe
Bradley
Barnes
Sully
Then bring rondo in show him off then trade him for a big man. Rondo could net them a big time stud.

I wouldn't deal Rondo. :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:06 PM
he has a 22.7 per this season

pretty sure thats efficient

Yeah in 19.9 mins as the teams 4th option. He is a eh defender he isn't a guy you start tour rebuild with and isn't a starting center on a championship team.

KniCks4LiFe
you didn't get the memo

you're not biased enough to be a PSD knick fan

Everytime he's telling me how to be a Knicks fan.

It's like one of my annoying ex(s). when she would tell me how to be a better boyfriend. STFU already.

GiantsSwaGG
what about it?

he's shooting 52% from the field and 44% from 3 and averaging 7.8 assists

And it isn't translating to wins that's the point :facepalm: you have Kobe, Dwight, gasol and aren't even over .500. Just because you're a good offensive doesn't mean that will translate to win. Plus he's due to retire soon. Felton has proved to be a better fit

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't deal Rondo. :laugh2:

Then why would kg for Bledsoe make sense? I wouldn't trade rondo personally but if you trade for Bledsoe why not try to get a star big in return for rondo?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Then why would kg for Bledsoe make sense? I wouldn't trade rondo personally but if you trade for Bledsoe why not try to get a star big in return for rondo?

b/c KG is at the end of the line and no Rondo means an unhappy KG?

jmoney85
And it isn't translating to wins that's the point :facepalm: you have Kobe, Dwight, gasol and aren't even over .500. Just because you're a good offensive doesn't mean that will translate to win. Plus he's due to retire soon. Felton has proved to be a better fit

you can't come compare players by using their respective teams as the basis.... felton is not even near the player of steve nash

xxplayerxx23

Eh I think Nash would of fit in fine. As long as we still have Kidd and Pablo we would of been still very good maybe even better. But I still wanted to keep shump. He is a very talented player so I'm very happy we didn't do that trade.

jmoney85

star bigs have more value than star PG's.... teams won't do that trade

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:10 PM
b/c KG is at the end of the line and no Rondo means an unhappy KG?

I mean why trade kg for a young up and coming pg?

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:11 PM
you can't come compare players by using their respective teams as the basis.... felton is not even near the player of steve nash

Brook is nowhere near Dwight but who fits the Nets better?

xxplayerxx23

Meh I disagree.

KniCks4LiFe
I mean why trade kg for a young up and coming pg?

b/c KG is peaking and w/o Rondo you can risk him losing value. It's like poker.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:13 PM
b/c KG is peaking and w/o Rondo you can risk him losing value. It's like poker.

No I get trading kg, I'm saying what's the point of trading for a up and coming pg if rondo is the future pg?

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Eh I think Nash would of fit in fine. As long as we still have Kidd and Pablo we would of been still very good maybe even better. But I still wanted to keep shump. He is a very talented player so I'm very happy we didn't do that trade.

Chill, we'd probably have the worst defensive back court in the history of the league. Offensively yeah but defensively hell no. I'm not questioning who's better, but who's the better fit.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM

Cp3 or Dwight... Who would you take?

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
No I get trading kg, I'm saying what's the point of trading for a up and coming pg if rondo is the future pg?

you do know Bledsoe could play the wing too right? he's not a great PG.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Chill, we'd probably have the worst defensive back court in the history of the league. Offensively yeah but defensively hell no. I'm not questioning who's better, but who's the better fit.

It's not like Felton has played great defense. I'm not sure about that. I'm happy with the team so I won't get into it.

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Meh I disagree.

of course you do

its net related

just like if blatche was on the knicks you wouldn't trade him for anybody but an all-star but since he's on the nets you wouldn't trade him for avery bradley lol

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
you do know Bledsoe could play the wing too right? he's not a great PG.

He is kinda small you think he would be able to be a solid defender against the bigger sg? I guess if he could guard 2s like he guards 1s then your right

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Cp3 or Dwight... Who would you take?

a Healthy dwight

KniCks4LiFe
It's not like Felton has played great defense. I'm not sure about that. I'm happy with the team so I won't get into it.
he's played horrible defense. Actually equalivalent to Nash.

GiantsSwaGG

Felton is not a good defender but he's better than Nash. Nash is the worst guard defender in the league

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
of course you do

its net related

just like if blatche was on the knicks you wouldn't trade him for anybody but an all-star but since he's on the nets you wouldn't trade him for avery bradley lol

Your so wrong. Oh god. I'm fine with the team as it is. If he was on the Knicks I'd trade him for Bradley. It's Boston who wouldnt

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Def. xRAPM

Felton -1.77
Nash -1.74

xxplayerxx23
he's played horrible defense. Actually equalivalent to Nash.

It has been bad. ESP since he has come back. But i would guess he is slightly better then Nash defensively. But I agree Nash for Felton would of been a good fit. Just really puts pressure on the Knicks, having no young player on the team without shump. Average age would prob be 37 :laugh:

jmoney85
Your so wrong. Oh god. I'm fine with the team as it is. If he was on the Knicks I'd trade him for Bradley. It's Boston who wouldnt

no i'm not,

knicks fans overrate players to the max... examples : JR smith, Iman Shumpert, Jeremy Lin

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:22 PM
a Healthy dwight

If we are starting from scratch you would take Dwight over Paul? I guess me disagreeing with you would show in obviously against the nets.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:22 PM
no i'm not,

knicks fans overrate players to the max... examples : JR smith, Iman Shumpert, Jeremy Lin

And Nets fans are basically doing the samething

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:23 PM
no i'm not,

what's wrong w/ JR Smith this season? he's actually underrated.

jmoney85
And Nets fans are basically doing the samething

really?.... I'm pretty andray blatche didn't make the cover of SI any time recently

xxplayerxx23
no i'm not,

Okay so knick fans on this site makes me just like them? I probably hate jr smith more then 90% of people on this site.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Okay so knick fans on this site makes me just like them? I probably hate jr smith more then 90% of people on this site.

why do you hate JR?

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
really?.... I'm pretty andray blatche didn't make the cover of SI any time recently

Saying Blatche is a center piece to a rebuilding is laughable.

Bogans has been overrated in this thread, Brooks, Wallace etc. nets overrate their players like every other fan

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:28 PM
what's wrong w/ JR Smith this season? he's actually underrated.

he's far from underrated... especially when he's getting considered for 6th man and all-star while shooting 40%

jmoney85
Saying Blatche is a center piece to a rebuilding is laughable.

Bogans has been overrated in this thread, Brooks, Wallace etc. nets overrate their players like every other fan

when did any net fan say that?

I'll give you a hint: never

and a fan saying bogans plays solid defense and hits occasional corner 3's is overrating?... lol ***** please

xxplayerxx23
why do you hate JR?

His shot selection drives me crazy. I don't like how he doesn't know when to stop shooing. Like it he is 1-12 he will take a shot with a Hand in his face. He is a solid player who has picked up his defense and rebounding I'm just not a fan.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
when did any net fan say that?

I'll give you a hint: never

I'll give you a hint: A girl pic in his avatar

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
he's far from underrated... especially when he's getting considered for 6th man and all-star while shooting 40%

yeh but 40% and averaging 16/5 he's only being paid 2 million this season.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I never called Blatche a center piece.

Excuse the jilted jealous one there. Must be PMS. :laugh2:

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I'll give you a hint: A girl pic in his avatar

so you mean a knick fan is overrating nets players? :laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
His shot selection drives me crazy. I don't like how he doesn't know when to stop shooing. Like it he is 1-12 he will take a shot with a Hand in his face. He is a solid player who has picked up his defense and rebounding I'm just not a fan.

I'd say aside from Melo and Chandler, he's been the most important Knick on the roster. It was Kidd but his shot evaporated.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
:laugh: Pms? Lame *** lines lol. It is what it is, why would I be jealous of ya fake ***? He probably the type to come to a Knicks game with Nets gear :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
so you mean a knick fan is overrating nets players? :laugh:

:laugh: yeah if that's what you call him

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
:laugh: Pms? Lame *** lines lol. It is what it is, why would I be jealous of ya fake ***? He probably the type to come to a Knicks game with Nets gear :laugh2:

Homie I can't go 1 week w/o you saying something that sounds like a jealous gf. IDK what I did to you, I really don't. And then you here trying to get @Jmoney85 to laugh w/ you and try to make me look like the laughed one, when we really laughing at you b/c you can't stop trying to make fun of me and accuse me of being a certain type of Knicks fan. It's an obsession, you need Dr.Phil like Manti's catfisher. :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I'd say aside from Melo and Chandler, he's been the most important Knick on the roster. It was Kidd but his shot evaporated.

Kidd has been overplayed. We need his mins to be cut back to the beginning of the year. Amare will soon take that spot over.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Kidd has been overplayed. We need his mins to be cut back to the beginning of the year. Amare will soon take that spot over.

more important than JR's perimeter shooting. I don't think so.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:47 PM
more important than JR's perimeter shooting. I don't think so.

Amare if he contuines his play will be more important then jr.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Homie I can't go 1 week w/o you saying something that sounds like a jealous gf. IDK what I did to you, I really don't. And then you here trying to get @Jmoney85 to laugh w/ you and try to make me look like the laughed one, when we really laughing at you b/c you can't stop trying to make fun of me and accuse me of being a certain type of Knicks fan. It's an obsession, you need Dr.Phil like Manti's catfisher. :laugh2:

First off who are you confusing me with? When was the last time I questioned your fanhood homie?

And who care jmoney and laughing at me, that's not a good thing to bragged about, jmoney is the equivalent to DMF :laugh: y'all get laughed at. Who cares you do you and I'll do me. I think you a fake Knicks fans and I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your day son! And Manti catfisher? :sigh: everybody is trying to be a comedian.

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:48 PM

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Amare if he contuines his play will be more important then jr.

JR is defense, ball movement, rebounding, and offense.

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:49 PM
First off who are you confusing me with? When was the last time I questioned your fanhood homie?

And who care jmoney and laughing at me, that's not a good thing to bragged about, jmoney is the equivalent to DMF :laugh: y'all get laughed at. Who cares you do you and I'll do me. I think you a fake Knicks fans and I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your day son!

really?

you're litterally the knicks version of DMF... nobody can deny that except yourself

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 04:50 PM

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
JR is defense, ball movement, rebounding, and offense.

Amares efficiency and is the better offensive player then jr. Also latley with his post game he is commanding double teams even with melo on the floor. If amare keeps it up there is no question he is more valuable then jr but we could agree to disagree since we have both jr and amare on the same team :)

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
really?

you're litterally the knicks version of DMF... nobody can deny that except yourself

Your fellow Nets fans put you in the same boat with DMF and Wavey. It's okay at least you have one person in your corner lol

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:52 PM

So did yesterday or before that? Let me check my post history real quick

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
you'd do the deal?

:hide:

Hell no. I was just wondering if they have ever even done business.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2013, 04:54 PM

Jay Z did, so it's not out of the question

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Your fellow Nets fans put you in the same boat with DMF and Wavey. It's okay at least you have one person in your corner lol

the only NET fan that would say that with a straight face would be chill will... and thats because he has a vendetta against me for calling him dumb a few times

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 04:55 PM

I google searched it and nothing came up lol

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Thank you!!!! I feel like i am the only one saying this!

Wallace is suited to run and the Nets play the slowest pace.

If they had a starting lineup of

Deron
JJ
Bogans
Teletovic (for those who do not know he is a poor mans Ryan Anderson)
Lopez

This lineup may seem weak on paper but i think it's the most potent one the Nets can put on the floor to start the games. It's harder to double the guards with this team because they have to stay home with the shooters.

Meanwhile a bench of

Watson
Brooks
Wallace
Hump
Blatche is better suited to play at a fast pace which is where Wallace thrives as well as Watson and Hump

Nets fans keep sleeping on Bogans as a starter because they do not want to admit Wallace is a poor fit.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 05:00 PM
That doesn't look bad depending on bogs a defense vs sfs

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 05:02 PM

We have a different perspective on Bogans. I do not see his defense as under average. In fact he is better than Wallace in that department at least this year. He did as good a job as you could hope on Melo last game and defends really well. Meanwhile the fact that he can shoot makes the offense run so much smoother because his man has to respect him out there.

Deron Williams is out of shape. He needs to shed 10 pounds

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Why Brooks?

I do want him traded to a team that will give him PT

The kid is so talented and is being punished because his defense is bad but the Nets are being such hypocrites. Deron Williams cannot stay in front of anyone and Reggie and Hump might as well not even be there. Brooks is being punished because his teammates are not good enough to cover for his defensive issues

He is the only player we have that can inside at will and who can score on anyone. Yet his lack of defense keeps him glued to the bench. I wonder which teams would give him the PT he deserves

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 05:08 PM

Because defense is one of the toughest things to quantify in this sport. It sucks but ultimately you have to use the eye test.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
We have a different perspective on Bogans. I do not see his defense as under average. In fact he is better than Wallace in that department at least this year. He did as good a job as you could hope on Melo last game and defends really well. Meanwhile the fact that he can shoot makes the offense run so much smoother because his man has to respect him out there.

Deron Williams is out of shape. He needs to shed 10 pounds

When I see Bogans his defense is actually worse than Ronnie Brewer's and Ronnie is on the bench. It's almost eqivalent to Kobe to looking like he was playing D but not really.

Both.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 05:27 PM
When I see Bogans his defense is actually worse than Ronnie Brewer's and Ronnie is on the bench. It's almost eqivalent to Kobe to looking like he was playing D but not really.

Both.

I cannot help what you see but i have heard no fans over at NetsDaily complain about Bogans' defense. You get what you pay for. Nobody is saying he is Tony Allen but the guy can defend and is not useless offensively. That alone makes me justify starting him over Wallace. He may not be a stopper but he plays solid enough D

The team would flow much more smoothly with legitimate threats outside. When we start Wallacs and Reggie Evans we are at a ridiculous disadvantage. Simply sad how those two players drag us down. Their men can trap and double without consequence because those players are not threats from outside.

If you start Bogans you now have a player that can punish you if you sag off or at least keep you honest. Same with Mirza.

Reggie Evans= useless offensively and bad defensively but is a rebound hog (rebounding might be the most overrated stat in the game)

Mirza Teletovic= Great offensive player (can pass, dribble, shoot) and bad defensively but not as bad as Reggie

Wallace= Bad fit offensively because he is better suited to run and we play at a snails pace and his defense is only good in spurts

Bogans= Can shoot and can defend

I just think you are maximizing talent by starting those guys and benching Wallace

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't say evans is a bad defender

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 05:46 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if marshan brooks is in the mix....

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Nets are so stupid. They spent all their money on trash and then kick the players out who play hard. I hope they lose for years to come.

Punk
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM

They probably can't re-sign him in the future depending on if he's willing to wait for a lucrative extension next year. They would have to JR smith him in order to keep him. So, trading him at his highest career value makes sense to get a high quality player back.

But they aren't going to trade him....yet.

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 05:55 PM
They probably can't re-sign him in the future depending on if he's willing to wait for a lucrative extension next year. They would have to JR smith him in order to keep him. So, trading him at his highest career value makes sense to get a high quality player back.

But they aren't going to trade him....yet.

Yes, but it's too late to play the smart role now. Remember when they took Joe Johnson's contract from Hawks? He's not even a top 25 player, that's how bad he is.

Tmath
02-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Not sure why they would trade Blatche, he is being productive and is getting paid pennies.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 06:03 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if marshan brooks is in the mix....

I hope so. he deserves better than whet he is getting with the Nets. That kid has offense for days and can do everything offensively. It's disgusting that he cannot get minutes over Stackhouse.

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I hope so. he deserves better than whet he is getting with the Nets. That kid has offense for days and can do everything offensively. It's disgusting that he cannot get minutes over Stackhouse.

brooks has been a non-factor compared to his rookie year

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't say evans is a bad defender

He is pitiful. Ask Clippers fans. He is a career 3rd stringer who is starting for a top 4 team in the east. He can only defend the physical guys that try to bully him but as soon as he meets a PF that is not a bum he looks terrible meanwhile he has no clue how to rotate on defense or help his teammates out.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Yes, but it's too late to play the smart role now. Remember when they took Joe Johnson's contract from Hawks? He's not even a top 25 player, that's how bad he is.

He is overpaid but you are being ridiculous. Ask Knicks fans who won the game for the Nets last time the Knicks and Nets met. Joe Johnson has been good for them.

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 06:10 PM
He is overpaid but you are being ridiculous. Ask Knicks fans who won the game for the Nets last time the Knicks and Nets met. Joe Johnson has been good for them.

How am I being ridiculous? I can name 25 players better than him. When you're getting paid that much and had the opportunity to instead wait another year for Dwight Howard, you take that chance. Once again, I can name 25 players better than him. Based on your logic on asking Knicks fans who won the game for Nets, how about the amount of games Nets lost? That must be Joe Johnson's fault since you give him every credit for winning games.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 06:10 PM
brooks has been a non-factor compared to his rookie year

Yup. He gets no minutes because he is bad defensively. I do not know why the Nets think a player with all his skills cannot carve out a good NBA career unless he plays defense. It's ridiculous.

He can create his own shot, he is athletic, he can shoot, he can dribble, he can pass, he can drive and finish... no reason for him to be benched when there are players on the team who play worse D than him and get minutes

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 06:13 PM
How am I being ridiculous? I can name 25 players better than him. When you're getting paid that much and had the opportunity to instead wait another year for Dwight Howard, you take that chance. Once again, I can name 25 players better than him.

Of course you can. I can name the 5 Power Rangers and i know the alphabet. Can i get a cookie?

I could care less which players you think are better than him. How is that relevant to how good he has been for the Nets?

Also The Nets wasted 2 years chasing Howard. You wanted to throw another season? Their first season in Brooklyn? Dwight Howard wants the Nets more than they do him at this point. They are very happy with Brook Lopez.

KingPosey
02-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Sell high, I get it. Between him, Evans and Humph you have a log jam of guys that can all do te same thing well, grab boards. Humph is at a low in his value, and Evans is a better teammate. Sell high on the guy who might be ticking time bomb.

KingPosey
02-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Of course you can. I can name the 5 Power Rangers and i know the alphabet. Can i get a cookie?

I could care less which players you think are better than him. How is that relevant to how good he has been for the Nets?

Also The Nets wasted 2 years chasing Howard. You wanted to throw another season? Their first season in Brooklyn? Dwight Howard wants the Nets more than they do him at this point. They are very happy with Brook Lopez.

I'm starting to realize you are the most pompous, condescending poster on PSD possibly lol. You are a snarky cat man.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm starting to realize you are the most pompous, condescending poster on PSD possibly lol. You are a snarky cat man.

And with post #232 you have proven that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. You are one dumb cat man.

You just said Evans, Blatche, and Hump do the same thing. Do you watch basketball? If so have you ever watched Blatche play? Furthermore have you even attempted to read the discussion? It has already been said that the reason they are looking to trade him is because he is playing well enough that a team will offer him a lot of money and the Nets cannot match.

Please try to keep up

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Yup. He gets no minutes because he is bad defensively. I do not know why the Nets think a player with all his skills cannot carve out a good NBA career unless he plays defense. It's ridiculous.

He can create his own shot, he is athletic, he can shoot, he can dribble, he can pass, he can drive and finish... no reason for him to be benched when there are players on the team who play worse D than him and get minutes

johnson is going to be there for a while....mite as well move brooks....

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 07:21 PM
johnson is going to be there for a while....mite as well move brooks....

Agree but if they trade him now they would be selling low. Who would give anything for him? Best to let him build up his trade value a bit

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Marshon Brooks could be sixth man of the year but the waterboy plays more minutes than him.. Sad, I don't know what's wrong with the Nets management. Completely terrible. I feel bad for Brook Lopez. He's treated as the third option of the team when he plays the best basketball.

netsgiantsyanks
02-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Marshon Brooks could be sixth man of the year but the waterboy plays more minutes than him.. Sad, I don't know what's wrong with the Nets management. Completely terrible. I feel bad for Brook Lopez. He's treated as the third option of the team when he plays the best basketball.

he should be the third option, but he's playing like the first.

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
he should be the third option, but he's playing like the first.

Yeah, let's give the ball to D-Will and Joe Johnson so they can chuck some more shots with their 42% FG%.

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Agree but if they trade him now they would be selling low. Who would give anything for him? Best to let him build up his trade value a bit

the magic should have done that howard deal last summer...it would have made sense on both sides...look at the lakers....with 4 superstars in their team...they absolutely suck

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 07:35 PM
the magic should have done that howard deal last summer...it would have made sense on both sides...look at the lakers....with 4 superstars in their team...they absolutely suck

I like the deal the Magic got for Dwight

Guppyfighter
02-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Nets.

Blatche for a second round pick and Jeremy Tyler and Charles Jenkins?

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I like the deal the Magic got for Dwight

with brooks, lopez, and the humph w/ 3 draft picks....i think it was a better deal than the lakers have offered....denver won that deal...thats for sure...

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, let's give the ball to D-Will and Joe Johnson so they can chuck some more shots with their 42% FG%.

People are so mesmerized by Brook's scoring ability that they fail to see that he is not a dominant big man.

I do not know where fans got the idea that 20pts is the magic number that signals a dominant offensive player but i do not see it like that. Often times Nets fans say "look how dominant Brook was with his 20pts" to which i will say "he was matched up vs 6'8 Taj Gibson. He should have scored 40"

Brook Lopez lacks the killer mentality and dominant personality to succeed as a first option. I agree with whoever said he should be a third option. Brook is not a great passer so running the offense inside out makes little sense to me given his lack of basketball iq. All it takes is a well times double team to make Brook turn the ball over and if you play him physical he struggles and forces everything. Just look at how he did vs Omer Asik and Larry Sanders and Nikola Pekovic. Brook is soft and unlike Pay Gasol lacks the basketball iq and passing skills to make up for it.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2013, 07:43 PM
with brooks, lopez, and the humph w/ 3 draft picks....i think it was a better deal than the lakers have offered....denver won that deal...thats for sure...

Depends on if Iggy returns but i agree.

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Depends on if Iggy returns but i agree.

most likely he won't opt out...i believe hes gonna get around 20 mil...

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Nets.

Blatche for a second round pick and Jeremy Tyler and Charles Jenkins?

no thanks

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
People are so mesmerized by Brook's scoring ability that they fail to see that he is not a dominant big man.

I do not know where fans got the idea that 20pts is the magic number that signals a dominant offensive player but i do not see it like that. Often times Nets fans say "look how dominant Brook was with his 20pts" to which i will say "he was matched up vs 6'8 Taj Gibson. He should have scored 40"

Brook Lopez lacks the killer mentality and dominant personality to succeed as a first option. I agree with whoever said he should be a third option. Brook is not a great passer so running the offense inside out makes little sense to me given his lack of basketball iq. All it takes is a well times double team to make Brook turn the ball over and if you play him physical he struggles and forces everything. Just look at how he did vs Omer Asik and Larry Sanders and Nikola Pekovic. Brook is soft and unlike Pay Gasol lacks the basketball iq and passing skills to make up for it.

Do you know what first option means? It means they should look for him first instead of Joe or Deron. Jesus, learn your basketball before you babble on a paragraph. Despite those issues Brook does have, he's playing 30 minutes a game and is their best producing player. He averages 2.2 BPG, a very good amount of blocks for a player that was ridiculed for no defense. Also, he turns the ball over 1.8 times a game. Once again, first option means who is the best option. You're telling me Deron+Joe, both a combined 42% FG% from the field is a better option? Haha.

jmoney85
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM

why would you make one of the most efficient players in the league this season a third option?... that doesnt make any sense... if he's the 3rd option then you better have a hell of a #1 and #2 option

rockbottom2010
02-04-2013, 07:50 PM
brooklyn still in good shape...they just need to figure out their options....