PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron entered the dunk contest...

SugeKnight
02-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Would it be good?

Mr_Jones
02-03-2013, 08:48 PM
ill think about it

Mr_Jones
02-03-2013, 09:00 PM
taylor swift....chewbacca arms

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-04-2013, 03:16 PM
... He would be good at basketball.

jchase3
02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
he's too scared that he would lose... and he would. lebron is a good in-game dunker but he does the same dunk 9/10 times. fast break, jumps off one foot, cocks it back and throws it down as hard as he possibly can. that dunk would get him like a 4 in the dunk contest.

GREATNESS ONE
02-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I still wouldn't watch.

Minimal
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
he's too scared that he would lose... and he would. lebron is a good in-game dunker but he does the same dunk 9/10 times. fast break, jumps off one foot, cocks it back and throws it down as hard as he possibly can. that dunk would get him like a 4 in the dunk contest.
:facepalm:
He does that because thats effective dunk, thats how he used to dunk, its a game, not a dunk show, thats what coach wants him to do. Brandon Jennings is a great dunker, but he doesn't dunk in games, you know why? Because coach says so.
No way he is scared, he is most likely to win the dunk contest by just entering it, because fans will vote him as a winner anyway. There are much better dunkers than LeBron like Gerald Green, James White or Demar Derozan, but you might never know LeBron might really come up with something spectacular and new that he will dominate the dunk contest.

ManRam
02-04-2013, 03:36 PM

You really don't think that with his athleticism he could come up with something else? Yeah, he does the "same" dunk every time in games...but come on, we know he could whip something dirty out.

That's his safe, no-miss dunk that's still entertaining. I'd imagine the LeBron haters (you?) would bash him for "showboating" if he started doing 1280s and double backflip dunks.

It's not Dwight Howard ever comes out of a phone booth and dunks on a 12 foot rim in games...

Or it's not like Vince Carter has ever dunked from running in bounds from below the basket or dunked with his elbow in the rim in a game...

Avenged
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Only if Kobe joins.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Knowing how the dunk contest works, he would probably win just because of his star power. And in the finals he can dunk over a boat or something.

BHF
02-04-2013, 04:15 PM
If Lebron entered the dunk contest he would lose to Terrence Ross

HouRealCoach
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
You really don't think that with his athleticism he could come up with something else? Yeah, he does the "same" dunk every time in games...but come on, we know he could whip something dirty out.

That's his safe, no-miss dunk that's still entertaining. I'd imagine the LeBron haters (you?) would bash him for "showboating" if he started doing 1280s and double backflip dunks.

It's not Dwight Howard ever comes out of a phone booth and dunks on a 12 foot rim in games...

Or it's not like Vince Carter has ever dunked from running in bounds from below the basket or dunked with his elbow in the rim in a game...

I gotta agree with JChase here... LeBron entering the Slam Dunk contest has been WAY overblown. He even sucked in high school to me, they just gave it to him just because of who he was.

Btw, Dwight Howard had one of the most OVERRATED performances in the dunk contest history (High School, Euroleague, College, Streetball, etc.) He copied Iguodala's dunk, He's 7 ft so of course he can dunk on a 12 foot goal, He did a basic dunk and put a sticker on the backboard, Blake Griffin has done that Superman dunk on someone twice in the middle of a game but he got a 50 for that? I believe Durant did it also.

Vince Carter is in another universe than LeBron when it comes to dunking... IMO he's the GOAT when it comes to smashing it, just go to youtube and watch his Top 100 dunks and you will see he did dunks that could easily get 50's.

I just see it as a way for people to get onto him because of their obsession to hate him... I honestly don't think it would be that good

yankeeswin27
02-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Of course it would be good. If the best of the best dunkers did the dunk contest it would b a show to watch

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 05:58 PM
LeBron does the same dunk because 2 points in a game is 2 points. He's been doing the tomahawk since his high school days. He's obviously accustomed to it and it's his instinct. I do think he can think of creative dunks. The problem is whether or not he's dedicated to it. I mean c'mon, he's in it to win rings. At the end of his career, no one is going to say "He sucks because he didn't win the dunk contest." They'll make fun of his rings.

WOwolfOL
02-05-2013, 01:32 AM
There's really nothing left to be done unless they continue with props. I'd like to see somebody do a 360 behind the back.

NBA-GMaster
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
If Lebron enters the dunk contest, its a sure bias win..

ZHawk1123
02-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Check out the McDonalds All American dunk contest that he won and tell me he wouldn't win the NBA...

Guy's armpit was pretty much rim level on every dunk.