PDA

View Full Version : Clippers interested in Garnett

JNoel
02-03-2013, 03:43 PM
@seandeveney

Sources tell Sporting News that the #Clippers have contacted the #Celtics about Kevin Garnett. Offer would include Caron Butler and Bledsoe.

Makes sense, Clippers want to win now, but Bledsoe and Butler would be a huge cost.

b@llhog24
02-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Don't like KG, but if he goes there the Clips are winning the chip.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2013, 03:47 PM
They know they have no ability to keep Bledsoe, and Butler sucks. That would be great for the Clippers for the short term, and long term. The Celtics would get a replacement for Rondo for the year, but by getting rid of KG, their playoff chances die. Not sure why they would do it.

Baller1
02-03-2013, 03:50 PM
God they'd be crazy good.

JNoel
02-03-2013, 03:50 PM
If Celtics trade for Butler, I assume Pierce would also be traded...

b@llhog24
02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Actually, I'd prefer Pierce on the Clips over KG.

Chronz
02-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I was hoping for this. Just offer DJ+Bledsoe for Pierce+KG.

I make this trade everytime in 2K12 and Boston NEVER declines. GET ER DONE

Chronz
02-03-2013, 04:00 PM
They know they have no ability to keep Bledsoe, and Butler sucks. That would be great for the Clippers for the short term, and long term. The Celtics would get a replacement for Rondo for the year, but by getting rid of KG, their playoff chances die. Not sure why they would do it.

LOL what?

Cromedome
02-03-2013, 04:00 PM
I don't care either way but this would be a great move for the Clippers.

JNoel
02-03-2013, 04:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bajgpdd

This trade makes sense for both teams.

Avenged
02-03-2013, 04:07 PM
**** NO!!!! Just hand the Clippers the title if this happens.

xnick5757
02-03-2013, 04:09 PM

celtics have no shot reguardless

iFYouSeekAmy
02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Garnett would be all for it if it meant winning a title. He has a No-Trade-Clause though, but he can be traded only if he agrees to it.

akagiredsuns
02-03-2013, 04:12 PM

How does it make sense for Boston when they end up with -5 wins? You're just being a Clippers homer to boost your team even further. Get real.

JNoel
02-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Just imagine:

CP3/Billups
Jamal Crawford/Grant Hill
Pierce/Barnes
Blake Griffin/Turiaf
KG/Hollins

:drool:

zB_#85
02-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Don't like KG, but if he goes there the Clips are winning the chip.

Why? Their frontcourt is set with Blake and DeAndre and the difference between an off the bench KG vs off the bench Odom isn't really worth Bledsoe and Butler IMO. Plus, the chemistry of the Clips is awesome and KG being so intense the way he is that might or might not work... Idk, I dont see the point for the Clippers.

JNoel
02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
How does it make sense for Boston when they end up with -5 wins? You're just being a Clippers homer to boost your team even further. Get real.

Celtics need to rebuild soon. They would be getting an athletic rebounder in Jordan, athletic young guard in Bledsoe, Reliable shooter in Caron Butler, and an expiring in Odom. That team would be nice once Rondo returns...

zB_#85
02-03-2013, 04:16 PM
That Pierce and KG trade with DeAndre being dealt is a chemistry killer. No doubt, DeAndre and Blake are like best friends and CP3 + Pierce + KG is too many dominant personalities on one team. That's why Allen worked well with KG and Pierce, he was quieter. That's also why once Rondo started being more outspoken in Boston some chemistry issues came up...

Cracka2HI!
02-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I don't think the Celtics will do it, but if they decide to rebuild DJ and Bledsoe would be great pieces. I'd love it for my Clipps! We could even throw in 2 #1's because we'd be picking really low as long as we had KG.

b@llhog24
02-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Garnett would be all for it if it meant winning a title. He has a No-Trade-Clause though, but he can be traded only if he agrees to it.

:confused:

Is that your way of evaluating this trade? The Celtics SHOULD be tanking.

Why? Their frontcourt is set with Blake and DeAndre and the difference between an off the bench KG vs off the bench Odom isn't really worth Bledsoe and Butler IMO. Plus, the chemistry of the Clips is awesome and KG being so intense the way he is that might or might not work... Idk, I dont see the point for the Clippers.

Have you ever heard of Kevin McHale? In any event, the Clippers are currently the 5th ranked defensive team, Adding Garnett instantly carries them to #1. Shoots he'll probably improve their offense as well.

That Pierce and KG trade with DeAndre being dealt is a chemistry killer. No doubt, DeAndre and Blake are like best friends and CP3 + Pierce + KG is too many dominant personalities on one team. That's why Allen worked well with KG and Pierce, he was quieter. That's also why once Rondo started being more outspoken in Boston some chemistry issues came up...

Kind of hard to take orders from someone you're better than.

b@llhog24
02-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Just imagine:

CP3/Billups
Jamal Crawford/Grant Hill
Pierce/Barnes
Blake Griffin/Turiaf
KG/Hollins

:drool:

A team from the basketball gods.

Chronz
02-03-2013, 04:36 PM

KG would start. And the Chemistry is a result of CP3, he and KG would click instantly.

Chronz
02-03-2013, 04:38 PM
A team from the basketball gods.

Truly

Chemistry would be instantaneous

Panthers4life
02-03-2013, 04:38 PM

seems like a fair trade, plus i think in this case LAC would give BOS a couple of 1st round picks.

Ronod, Bledsoe, Jeff Green, Sullenger, Bass, Jordan, Melo. decent younger group with a few 1st next few yrs and cap space

bagwell368
02-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Actually, I'd prefer Pierce on the Clips over KG.

Well, that's not what they need. KG is a much better fit than PP on the Clips.

Also whomever said Caron was a big sacrifice is nuts, he sucks, and he's well overpaid, the Celts don't want him either, he's just there to balance out the salaries.

Bledsoe is there so they can deal Rondo when he proves he's ready to go again.

heyman321
02-03-2013, 04:47 PM
LOL what?

What are you loling at? Bledsoe is leaving after next year. He can obviously start, wants more money, and Chris Paul even lobbied for him to have "his own team to run".

bagwell368
02-03-2013, 04:48 PM

That would be about $16M short on the Clips side.

bagwell368
02-03-2013, 04:50 PM
What are you loling at? Bledsoe is leaving after next year. He can obviously start, wants more money, and Chris Paul even lobbied for him to have "his own team to run".

x2

bagwell368
02-03-2013, 04:50 PM
seems like a fair trade, plus i think in this case LAC would give BOS a couple of 1st round picks.

Ronod, Bledsoe, Jeff Green, Sullenger, Bass, Jordan, Melo. decent younger group with a few 1st next few yrs and cap space

Generally agree, but Bass and Melo are crap. Rondo will be dealt if Bledsoe comes, and Bradley is a key piece you missed.

Chronz
02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
That would be about $16M short on the Clips side.

Odoms expiring gets er done

abe_froman
chemistry is a result from winning,as long as they win than the chemistry will be good no matter who's on the team.

Chronz
Umm Bledsoe is a RFA and the reason he hasn't been traded yet is because we dont know what CP3 will do next.

bagwell368
02-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Celtics need to rebuild soon. They would be getting an athletic rebounder in Jordan, athletic young guard in Bledsoe, Reliable shooter in Caron Butler, and an expiring in Odom. That team would be nice once Rondo returns...

If they get Bledsoe Rondo is being dealt when healthy. Butler is bench guy at best that can nail 3's and FT's.

bagwell368
02-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Odoms expiring gets er done

No, Odom and Butler on top of Bledsoe and Jordan (and a #1 next year) for KG & PP - consider it a done deal if I'm DA.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I think KG would be a decent fit, after watching the two teams just play, i still feel like the clips are one piece away. (yes i realize no cp3, but no rondo levels that playing field in my mind) I think KG gives them the better option at the end of games over Jordan, who is a liability (43%) at the line, which is a killer in the playoffs. As far as the celtics go, Bledsoe gets plenty of starting run, and can slide to sg, or play a harden type role when rondo returns. My only caveat is that the clips should be 100% certain cp3 is healthy and staying long term, then I see this as a workable deal.

JNoel
02-03-2013, 04:59 PM
If they get Bledsoe Rondo is being dealt when healthy. Butler is bench guy at best that can nail 3's and FT's.

Bledsoe can play the 2 as well, he reminds me of Avery Bradley so I don't see a need in trading Rondo. Butler would be a temporary player till the Celtics can trade him, but I agree that he is a bench guy at this point.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I think KG would be a decent fit, after watching the two teams just play, i still feel like the clips are one piece away. (yes i realize no cp3, but no rondo levels that playing field in my mind) I think KG gives them the better option at the end of games over Jordan, who is a liability (43%) at the line, which is a killer in the playoffs. As far as the celtics go, Bledsoe gets plenty of starting run, and can slide to sg, or play a harden type role when rondo returns. My only caveat is that the clips should be 100% certain cp3 is healthy and staying long term, then I see this as a workable deal.

Not even close. CP3 is worlds better than Rondo

Chronz
02-03-2013, 05:02 PM
No, Odom and Butler on top of Bledsoe and Jordan (and a #1 next year) for KG & PP - consider it a done deal if I'm DA.

If those guys were all a year younger, I would say yes.

Good luck finding a team KG would be willing to play for with decent rebuild blocks.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Butler sucks. Only reason he's involved is to make the salaries work. Otherwise, neither team would really want him

Edit: Never mind, I didn't realize he's actually making 3s this year.

Green_Monster
02-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I think this would be a good fit. I would love to see KG and Pierce win another championship before they retire.

I think the Clips would send a 1st. Maybe one of Collins/Wilcox to give the Clips a little more big man depth.

CP3/Billups
Crawford/Hill
Pierce/Barnes
Griffin/Turiaf
KG/Hollins

Bledsoe/Barbosa
Bradley/Terry/Lee
Green/Butler
Bass/Wilcox
Jordan/Collins/Melo

(Rondo and Sullinger are injured.)

JNoel
02-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I think this would be a good fit. I would love to see KG and Pierce win another championship before they retire.

I think the Clips would send a 1st. Maybe one of Collins/Wilcox to give the Clips a little more big man depth.

I posted that trade earlier :eyebrow:

Green_Monster
02-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I posted that trade earlier :eyebrow:

Great minds think alike? :)

JNoel
02-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Great minds think alike? :)

:hi5:

JNoel
02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Clippers should really consider this trade. Even if it doesn't involve Pierce, just pull the trigger while Celtics are somewhat interested.

TheNumber37
02-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Bledsoe would be a perfect 3rd guard in a Rondo and Bradley rotation.
If KG or Pierce gets traded anwywhere (they should both retire in Boston)
Both should go to contending teams.

Pierce can only go to the Clippers
And Garnett can only go to the Clippers or to the Spurs... Duncan and Garnett :drool:
IF your'e trying to make things interesting... you could get Garnett to the Warriors.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Not even close. CP3 is worlds better than Rondo
Never said rondo was better. Each is a main component to their respective teams plan, only noting that it wasn't just cp3 who's out. I was pointing that out, to acknowledge that I know cp3 wasn't out there. (Though bledsoe played well enough with 27/ 7 rebs/ 10 ast versus 3 to) The clippers seem to have been in a bit of the doldrums recently, and I think the energy kg would bring, makes this worth a look by the clips. And the line Bledsoe put up is the reason I believe the celtics would be willing to talk. Hope I cleared that up, just for the record Cp3> Rondo.

todu82
02-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I agree with others have said. The Clippers get Garnett, they'd be immediate title favourites.

Chronz
02-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Butler sucks. Only reason he's involved is to make the salaries work. Otherwise, neither team would really want him

Edit: Never mind, I didn't realize he's actually making 3s this year.

I gotta give him credit for that, he realizes his days as an overrated chucker are over, and is transitioning into a serviceable 8TH-9TH man. Too bad hes our starter.

xxplayerxx23
02-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Damn clippers would be dirty.

THE MTL
02-03-2013, 05:59 PM
I like the trade. Maybe throw boston a protected pick to seal the deal.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2013, 06:15 PM
LOL what?

They can keep him there under his rookie deal, but he is going to want to start and play real minutes. He is not a Clipper long term imo. Only way I see it happening is if Paul blows you guys off and leaves this summer. Otherwise why would you match a deal that will be starter money this summer?

odiz
02-03-2013, 06:32 PM

Because even if the Celtics squeek into the playoffs they arent going to do anything without Rondo. Jordan and Bledsoe are good pieces for the future.

b@llhog24
02-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, that's not what they need. KG is a much better fit than PP on the Clips.

Also whomever said Caron was a big sacrifice is nuts, he sucks, and he's well overpaid, the Celts don't want him either, he's just there to balance out the salaries.

Bledsoe is there so they can deal Rondo when he proves he's ready to go again.

Huh? Clippers don't have a PF/C problem. You said it yourself, BUTLER SUCKS.

LTBaByyy
02-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Bledsoe
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Jordan

Perfect rebuilding line up

Corey
02-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Bledsoe
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Jordan

Perfect rebuilding line up

Allows you to trade Rondo to further the rebuild as well.

RaginRondo17
02-03-2013, 10:23 PM
I want this to happen.

NFLNBA
02-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Clippers would be krazy good. I assume Jordan then comes off the bench?

OceanSpray
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
As if Clippers weren't stacked already.. Damn... I can't picture KG playing against Pierce anymore!

shep33
02-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Clips would be disgusting if this happens. KG would likely accept, he lives in LA doesn't he?

Clippersfan86
02-04-2013, 02:24 AM
I say go bigger. Do Pierce+KG for Bledsoe+DJ+Odom+Butler.

Odom expires at the end of the year so that's 8 mill off the books. Then you have Butler coming off the books for 8 mill the year after. Bledsoe+DJ are still raw but high upside assets for a rebuilding team trying to go young. Clippers get 2-3 year window as the FAVORITES to win the championship most likely and still have some flexibility in 2 years when KG and Pierce are off the books to re-tool the roster.

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
DJ

6th man: Bledsoe

is a fantastic young core.

AI4MVP
02-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Instant title favorites. 100%. Game over.

SMH!
02-04-2013, 03:08 AM

solid trade, I approve you to manage my 2k team.

kobe4thewinbang
02-04-2013, 03:13 AM
I don't see this happening. Boston isn't getting anything good back, and they're trading away their core defensive player and their closer, "The Truth."

sventhedog
02-04-2013, 04:03 AM
who will the clippers give back?

griffin and paul are very young so they can just wait for free agency.

i'm really disappointed in griffin, the team just fell apart without paul.

if griffin wants to earn respect, he'll have to find a way to lead the team to winning without paul

Bruno
02-04-2013, 04:54 AM
wow. clippers would be pretty amazing.

HowFit
02-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Geez whiz, if they could get him...

mynameismo
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Garnett + Pierce / Jordan + Odom + Butler + Bledsoe

I'd like to see KG and PP retire as Celtics, but this will be a good opportunity for them to give 1 more run at it. We're on pace to a 1st round exit anyway, might as well start getting assets now.

Let's get it done, Danny!

Corey
02-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Bledsoe-Bradley-Green-Sully-Jordan would be a fun rebuilding team.

Trade Rondo for a young stud 4/5 or a couple projected high picks and you're looking pretty for the future.

Vincent33
02-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Boston helping out an LA team potentially win a championship. As a Boston fan, I'd be fine with them helping out the Clippers' chance at a title.

For the Celtics, good piece(s) and maybe a draft pick(:pray:) to rebuild with and for the Clippers a hell of a chance at the title. Good for both sides.

kobe4thewinbang
02-04-2013, 11:04 AM
They can't trade Rondo for a looooong time.

Vincent33
02-04-2013, 11:29 AM
They can't trade Rondo for a looooong time.

So when Rondo comes back at some point next season they couldn't trade him by that season's trade deadline or the 14-15 season? That's just 2yrs. Not that long.

Mikeleafs
02-04-2013, 12:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auh4lts

The_Jamal
02-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Love it for both teams. Bledsoe-Bradley back-court would be all kinds of fun and you would have Rondo as a great trading chip for multiple picks+young players. It doesn't really sacrifice the Clips future either; Bledsoe will always be stuck behind CP3 and Jordan is only a 24 MPG guy anyway.

Chronz
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
They can keep him there under his rookie deal, but he is going to want to start and play real minutes. He is not a Clipper long term imo. Only way I see it happening is if Paul blows you guys off and leaves this summer. Otherwise why would you match a deal that will be starter money this summer?

Nobody expects him to stay long term. The bolded isn't our only option tho

ComplexChoices
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Clipps would be EPIC.

TrueFan420
02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I love how this thread started as the clips are interested in kg and transformed into kg and pierce... Just like a game of telephone

MrfadeawayJB
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I agree if the Clips pulled this off it would be game over! Not sure why Boston would do it though, yeah you get back Bledsoe but dealing KG equals no chance

king4day
02-04-2013, 02:01 PM
I agree if the Clips pulled this off it would be game over! Not sure why Boston would do it though, yeah you get back Bledsoe but dealing KG equals no chance

They could then look at trading Rondo as well for a PF replacement.

Celtics33
02-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't like it for the C's. PG's are a dime a dozen in this league today. I'd only do this if a 3rd team was involved that would take Caron Butler and get a bigman in return, cause Butler isn't an upgrade over Pierce in my opinion.

Dodgers99
02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auh4lts

As if the Clippers and Celtics would do anything to benefit the lakers.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
As if the Clippers and Celtics would do anything to benefit the lakers.

:laugh: that's prob one of the worst trades for the lakers possible.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I love how this thread started as the clips are interested in kg and transformed into kg and pierce... Just like a game of telephone

Haha, I absolutely agree.

Dodgers99
02-04-2013, 03:12 PM

Is Bargnani not that stretch 4 everyone seems to think they need? Landry Fields is certainly a long-term upgrade over Mega Douche bag.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Is Bargnani not that stretch 4 everyone seems to think they need? Landry Fields is certainly a long-term upgrade over Mega Douche bag.

Bargs is overpaid doesn't play defense and always injuried. Fields is alright but makes too much money for his play.

Stunner
02-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I did this on 2K

KG . Barbosa and a pick for Bledsoe , Jordan and Hill

Then traded Pierce and Bradley fro Eric Gordon and Jason Smith .

LA4life24/8
02-04-2013, 03:44 PM
**** i hope they do it! ruin theyre chemistry and take out a couple of their young legs, go for it clips, ruin your team please :) also i think its a great deal for the celtics they could potentially have a lineup of somethin like rondo bledsoe pierce green jordan w jet bradley lee comin off the bench, better than they are this year

LA4life24/8
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM

absolutely agree that is god awful, and we wouldnt need boston or clips to do this trade seein as how only raps lakers exchange players and celts n clips only trade players

hugepatsfan
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
I did this on 2K

KG . Barbosa and a pick for Bledsoe , Jordan and Hill

Then traded Pierce and Bradley fro Eric Gordon and Jason Smith .

I don't think the Clips would move Barbosa and Jordan for KG. The trade I really like is:

Pierce, Bass, KG, Barbosa

for

Bledsoe, Jordan, Butler, Odom, Hollins, Thompkins

For the Clippers, they add to an already great rotation. KG replaces Jordan as the starting C - upgrade. Pierce replaces Butler - massive upgrade. Bass and Barbosa take the place of Odom and Bledsoe in the rotation, which I don't think is too much of a change. BOS saves money long term by including Bass, helping their rebuild. LAC might throw in a pick too, but they'd be so good that their picks don't matter.

VicTheWizard
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm a Clippers fan, and I would much rather see Pierce than K.G., and I believe he would be more beneficial to the Clippers than K.G. would.

Losoway
02-04-2013, 07:15 PM
i think the clippers should keep the team the way they are. if anything offer bledsoe for pierce but ill rather have jordan then garnet

bagwell368
02-04-2013, 10:23 PM

Celts have no chance w/ KG. Time to blow it up.

bagwell368
02-04-2013, 10:26 PM

Probably because KG and PP are much less liable to do something to wreck the deal - like retire - if they go someplace with a good shot and together.