PDA

View Full Version : Will we see any other big trades?.... it doesn't look like it :(((

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Well we saw Rudy Gay get traded last week in a nice trade before the all star break and many other names have been on the trading block for a while. Pau Gasol, Josh Smith, Paul Milsap, Andrea Bargnani, Tyreke Evans, JJ Reddick and other names, but it is looking like teams are cooling down on the possibility of trading these stars because teams that might want these players don't have good enough offers.

Josh Smith trade rumors heated up quickly after Rudy Gay was traded, but recent news has suggested that teams are cooling off of the possibility of trading for Smith because he won't commit to a contract extension prior to a trade.
Pau Gasol has been on the block for over 2 years, but with the lakers recent run and gasol possibly, finally, figuring out a way to work with his team, and the questionable injuries and questionable future of dwight howard who is a free agent this summer and could possibly leave in the offseason, pau gasol getting traded is seeming less and less likely to happen.
The jazz are a playoff team right now and they have been trying for a while right now to trade either paul milsap or al jefferson. now we are hearing that they want to keep al jefferson around and could trade paul milsap, but idk what teams have to offer, plus the jazz are on a run right now that trading milsap could mess their chances up of keeping a playoff spot.
the raptors dealt for rudy gay this past week and aren't done dealing, at least that's what we are hearing. The raptors want to get rid of Andrea Bargnani contract, however, he has been injured for some time right now and not many teams want to take on bargnani's contract and questionable future with several injuries on this stretch forwards plate. But Bargnani is returning sometime next week or after the all star break, will that be enough time for bargnani to show off his talents to teams out there, or will it just ruin the raptors hopes of turning things around.

I think at the end of the day, tyreke evans, jj reddick, andrea bargnani and paul millsap will get traded and then other small names will be on the move like courtney lee, possibly eric bledsoe, and other names.

what do you think?

Come up with your trade predictions, will we see any moves happen before all star break? or will everything happen after the all star break?

LETS GO! ITS TRADE SEASON! TIME FOR SOME PREDICTIONS!!!!

Ty_Lawson
02-03-2013, 08:11 AM
If Denver is going to trade someone,you will hear about it in last few minutes before TD...just like AAA and Nene..there werent any rumors about those trades...

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 08:38 AM
If Denver is going to trade someone,you will hear about it in last few minutes before TD...just like AAA and Nene..there werent any rumors about those trades...

yeah I hope the nuggets make a trade. I think they will package wilson chandler with timofey mosgov and someone like jordan hamilton or quincy miller and a draft pick for a big man or someone to help them like jj reddick.

They traded nene for javalle mcgee last year in a surprise trade and the AAA trade? who is AAA? hahaha sorry.

What do you think? can you come up with a trade for the nuggets?

Ty_Lawson
02-03-2013, 08:47 AM
AAA is Aaron Augustin Afflalo ;)
I think we could make a move for Gortat maybe,or some 3pt shooter because we have 2 really valuable contracts in Mozzy and Corey(both expiring) and we have some nice young players(JHam,Evam,Miller,Stone...even Randolph could get traded)..

dee279
02-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Im guessing my heat could trade Pittman for me a Double Quarter Pounder. Im hungry. Ill throw in 2nd round pick for a large fry with that. O wait its breakfast time.... Mcgriddle.

Hellcrooner
02-03-2013, 09:32 AM
yeah I hope the nuggets make a trade. I think they will package wilson chandler with timofey mosgov and someone like jordan hamilton or quincy miller and a draft pick for a big man or someone to help them like jj reddick.

They traded nene for javalle mcgee last year in a surprise trade and the AAA trade? who is AAA? hahaha sorry.

What do you think? can you come up with a trade for the nuggets?

i can see lakers biting in that chandler + mozgov package if you add a Pick for Pau.

Ty_Lawson
02-03-2013, 09:34 AM
i can see lakers biting in that chandler + mozgov package if you add a Pick for Pau.

we dont need 19mil for a player that will come off the bench...(i would never play him in front of faried)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2013, 09:55 AM
I heard Raptors were interested in Gasol even after the Rudy Gay trade. My guess they offer up something like Bargnani and Fields?

Hellcrooner
02-03-2013, 10:30 AM
we dont need 19mil for a player that will come off the bench...(i would never play him in front of faried)

:laugh:As far as i know George Karl is a good coach, not a Dumb Walrus like Mike NoD-Antoni.

netsgiantsyanks
02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
you must like big things

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 10:33 AM

The nuggets have been rumored to these big men with big contracts like josh smith and pau gasol but people don't realize we are not going to get either of them because they are useless to us.

the lakers need to figure out a way to get rid of gasol and I've been saying all year that the best trade is to the raptors for andrea bargnani and other players and draft picks.

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 10:37 AM
AAA is Aaron Augustin Afflalo ;)
I think we could make a move for Gortat maybe,or some 3pt shooter because we have 2 really valuable contracts in Mozzy and Corey(both expiring) and we have some nice young players(JHam,Evam,Miller,Stone...even Randolph could get traded)..

oh yeah aaron afflolo hahahah nice I didnt know his middle name was augustin. That was a suprise, the whole nuggets getting involved but because howard and bynum were the bigger names, afflolo and igouadala didn't get much love and attention.

I love the possibility of possibly trading timofey mosgov with wilson chandler and corey brewer along with a pick or someone like quincy miller for marcin gortat and jared dudley. we get an amazing big man to run down low with faried and then we add an amazing 3 point shooter. we would be super stacked and it could make koufos flexible in a trade with another team. but this would make the mcgee extension, so useless hahahha maybe some other team can take him off of our hands.

I was thinking a trade like this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ac2dney

that would be amazing for both sides, in my opinion.

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I heard Raptors were interested in Gasol even after the Rudy Gay trade. My guess they offer up something like Bargnani and Fields?

Yeah I love the possibility of both teams working out a deal. the lakers need to get rid of gasol and I think they have realized that gasol has risen his stock value right now after his tremendous performances this past week and they realize that both howard and gasol work amazing when they are the only big men on the floor. they can't work together. As much as the lakers look good and look like they are on a roll right now, I dont think this will keep working out. I think if gasol was sent to the raptors for a package of bargnani and fields then that would be amazing!

here is what I was thinking: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4pzu6d

the raptors get a big man to put down low and create a force in the east with gay, gasol, derrozan, and lowry and the lakers get the stretch 4 that is similar to ryan anderson and rashard lewis, the 2 forwards the howard played with in orlando, they flourished with him and he did too. plus fields strengthens the bench with rebounding, scoring, and defense and anderson brings scoring as well while gray is an amazing backup big man who the lakers have coveted for years. maybe throw in linas klieza as a 3 point shooter if you want the deal to work out even better. but the raptors and lakers need to make a deal!

Ty_Lawson
02-03-2013, 10:45 AM
i would add kief and KK in this deal...

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 10:48 AM
:laugh:As far as i know George Karl is a good coach, not a Dumb Walrus like Mike NoD-Antoni.

getting gasol would be nice but what would happen to mcgee? we would have to trade chandler, mosgov, brewer, and others in order for the deal to work out. andre miller would have to be involved as well, I think. the nuggets don't want to help the lakers, they want to do something. now getting gasol to put him with faried and gallinari along with iggy and lawson in the backcourt would be amazing but we would have to give up a ton of pieces for gasol.

but here is a possibility: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5r5gsf

the lakers get a scorer in chandler who can stretch the floor and play the 4 and 3 spot. they get a defender in brewer who sparks the bench, they get a nice big man off the bench in mosgov and they get a backup point guard in miller who would really help. the nuggets get an amazing big man to strengthen the team and make them a title contender. they get a backup point guard who flourished in denver back in the days and would be decent enough as a replacement for miller and they get a 3 point shooter in meeks who they desperately need and a young forward in ebanks who can play defense and score, similar to a brewer.

what do you think? not bad for both teams right?

riconek
02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
oh yeah aaron afflolo hahahah nice I didnt know his middle name was augustin. That was a suprise, the whole nuggets getting involved but because howard and bynum were the bigger names, afflolo and igouadala didn't get much love and attention.

I love the possibility of possibly trading timofey mosgov with wilson chandler and corey brewer along with a pick or someone like quincy miller for marcin gortat and jared dudley. we get an amazing big man to run down low with faried and then we add an amazing 3 point shooter. we would be super stacked and it could make koufos flexible in a trade with another team. but this would make the mcgee extension, so useless hahahha maybe some other team can take him off of our hands.

I was thinking a trade like this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ac2dney

that would be amazing for both sides, in my opinion.

I would love to see Marcin in Nuggets uniform.

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 10:52 AM
i would add kief and KK in this deal...

that is actually not bad. something like this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aybqa4d

that way the nuggets dont have 3 centers and instead become a super deep team. just imagine this lineup:

marcin gortat
kenneth faried
danilo gallinari
andre igoudala
ty lawson
andre miller
jared dudley
javalle mcgee
markieff morris
jordan hamilton
evan fournier
quincy miller

the suns lineup:

kosta koufos
luis scola
wilson chandler
corey brewer
goran dragic
shannon brown
michael beasley
timofey mosgov
jermaine oneal
pj tucker
wesley johnson
kendall marshall
luke zeller

jermaine oneal might be thrown in there as an expiring contract to help facilitate the deal.

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I would love to see Marcin in Nuggets uniform.

yeah that would be amazing. having him with faried and then markieff morris and mcgee off the bench would be amazing! and getting dudley as a 3 point shooter!

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I see suns moving dudley and gortat n a trade package for josh smith or possibly someone else, maybe to the celtics for brandon bass, fab melo, and courtney lee (but i doubt this deal), or maybe a surprise trade to the nuggets. the nuggets matchup perfectly with several teams when it comes to trade packages. because they are so deep, they are able to make several trades. they can trade for josh smith, marcin gortat, and several other players like pau gasol and andrea bargnani.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah I love the possibility of both teams working out a deal. the lakers need to get rid of gasol and I think they have realized that gasol has risen his stock value right now after his tremendous performances this past week and they realize that both howard and gasol work amazing when they are the only big men on the floor. they can't work together. As much as the lakers look good and look like they are on a roll right now, I dont think this will keep working out. I think if gasol was sent to the raptors for a package of bargnani and fields then that would be amazing!

here is what I was thinking: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4pzu6d

the raptors get a big man to put down low and create a force in the east with gay, gasol, derrozan, and lowry and the lakers get the stretch 4 that is similar to ryan anderson and rashard lewis, the 2 forwards the howard played with in orlando, they flourished with him and he did too. plus fields strengthens the bench with rebounding, scoring, and defense and anderson brings scoring as well while gray is an amazing backup big man who the lakers have coveted for years. maybe throw in linas klieza as a 3 point shooter if you want the deal to work out even better. but the raptors and lakers need to make a deal!

Think I read somewhere that the Lakers wanted expiring's though? Might need a third team to take on long contract of Bargnani. Could maybe see the Bucks get in on this if DeRozan was sent to hang with buddy Jennings. Then Bucks send out Howard's friend Ellis to the Lakers. Other pieces have to be thrown in but this would be the starting pieces. Lakers maybe would want expiring contract of Dalembert?

Hellcrooner
02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
the lakers dont need to "get rid" of Gasol.
His knees are back and hes playing much better, he torched the wolves the other day playing CENTER ( wich is his position right now) when dwight got injured.

If the RIGHT offer comes, and we all here KNOW what lakers understand a s a RIGH OFFER ( others call it Rape) they will deal.
If not he will stay.
Specially considering that Howards back and shoulder are a concern , not to mention the scenario where he does NOT sign back, Sacre being lakers center for 2013-14? yeah, sure.

They are not gonna accept a DOWNGRADE on Bargnani and then take some B.s Filler.

If they deal with Raptors, either Lowry or Derozan and a First rounder will be Added to Bargnani.
Raptors would be stupid to take that offer.

mightybosstone
02-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I think almost all Houston Rockets fans are hoping they'll wheel and deal for a better starting PF, but unless they're getting someone like LMA, Love, Randolph, Bosh or Dwight, they probably won't do it. They have room for a max player, but the guys who are available via trade are not max contract guys. However, they could settle for the next best thing and wait until free agency to make a run at Smith, Millsap, Jefferson or maybe Dwight in free agency. But it makes almost no sense for them to give up picks and prospects to trade a player they can get for free in the offseason.

Hellcrooner
02-03-2013, 11:13 AM
I think almost all Houston Rockets fans are hoping they'll wheel and deal for a better starting PF, but unless they're getting someone like LMA, Love, Randolph, Bosh or Dwight, they probably won't do it. They have room for a max player, but the guys who are available via trade are not max contract guys. However, they could settle for the next best thing and wait until free agency to make a run at Smith, Millsap, Jefferson or maybe Dwight in free agency. But it makes almost no sense for them to give up picks and prospects to trade a player they can get for free in the offseason.

Memphis MAY deal you randolph, if their stat geek comes to an agreement with your stat geek :p

I assume McHale has given up on getting Pau to use him as a MINI-ME ?

CavsYanksDuke
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Can a Magic fan explain to me why they traded for Afflalo and now refuse to trade Reddick? He's a free agent this offseason, do they really expect him not to walk away? He tried to several years ago when the Bulls wanted him, so why wouldn't he try again as an UFA? Why lose him for nothing? Magic's FO is something that amazes me every year.

aussie
02-03-2013, 12:03 PM
got 18 days til the deadline im sure something will arise before then

mzgrizz
02-03-2013, 12:09 PM
There could still be some trade happening in Memphis but just alluded to by the GM.....or Chris Wallace as I'm not sure if Wallace really gets to be a real GM and not Jason Levien. BTW he was called Pera's consigliere by a local journalist this week :laugh:

mzgrizz
02-03-2013, 12:10 PM
And NO, AussieFan; I don't want Ryan anymore ;)

riconek
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
yeah that would be amazing. having him with faried and then markieff morris and mcgee off the bench would be amazing! and getting dudley as a 3 point shooter!

I would have polish buddy in Denver :clap:

gwrighter
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Wait until closer to the deadline some players will probably demand to be traded behind closed doors.

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Think I read somewhere that the Lakers wanted expiring's though? Might need a third team to take on long contract of Bargnani. Could maybe see the Bucks get in on this if DeRozan was sent to hang with buddy Jennings. Then Bucks send out Howard's friend Ellis to the Lakers. Other pieces have to be thrown in but this would be the starting pieces. Lakers maybe would want expiring contract of Dalembert?

I was thinking the same thing. maybe a trade like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apefsrk

I think it is somewhat even for all teams involved. the bucks would be the ultimate winner in my opinion. derozan with jennings would be amazing and then add bargnani with sanders and ilyasova down low and you've got a really scary team.
the lakers could go with a small lineup after getting ellis, having nash, ellis and bryant in the backcourt with howard and clark. they would also add more depth with aaron gray and samuel dalembart (he has a big expiring contract) and they would both bring size of the bench. add alan anderson and his surprising scoring year and then a draft pick from the bucks and you've got yourself a deal.
the raptors would have to package derozan in a deal for gasol because fields contract and his down season this year along with bargnani, down season as well might not be enough. they are stacked in the backcourt with fields, gay, ross, anderson, klieza, and pietrus and need to open space so trading derozan would be a big move for the raptors. they get a big guy to put down low with JV and form a nice contender with gay and lowry as the corner stones. losing derozan would be a big hit but he is too similar to rudy gay and might not fit well (although they played amazing together the other night). dunleavy would be thrown in there as a salary dump and is an amazing 3 point shooter for the team. so at the end of the day this could be the possible lineups:

Raptors:
jonas valenciunas
pau gasol
rudy gay
landry fields
kyle lowry
terrence ross
amir johnson
mickael pietrus
chris duhon
john lucas
hamed haddadi
robert sacre or devin ebanks

Bucks:
larry sanders
andrea bargnani
ersan ilyasova
demar derozan
brandong jennings
luc richard mba a moute
ekpe udoh
beno udrih
john henson
tobias harris
marquis daniels
linas klieza
doron lamb
joel przybilla
drew gooden

Lakers:
dwight howard
earl clark
kobe bryant
monta ellis
steve nash
metta world peace
antawn jamison
jodie meeks
steve blake
samuel dalembart
aaron gray
alan anderson
darius morris
jordan hill
devin ebanks or robert sacre

what do you think?

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Can a Magic fan explain to me why they traded for Afflalo and now refuse to trade Reddick? He's a free agent this offseason, do they really expect him not to walk away? He tried to several years ago when the Bulls wanted him, so why wouldn't he try again as an UFA? Why lose him for nothing? Magic's FO is something that amazes me every year.

they will trade jj reddick for sure this year and I think to the nuggets or to the bulls. the bulls have jimmy butler to offer right now who is playing amazing right now but is he worth jj reddick right now? I can see the nuggets trading wilson chandler for reddick as well. what do you think?

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Wait until closer to the deadline some players will probably demand to be traded behind closed doors.

I don't think anything will happen this week until after the all star break. normally things are really quiet around the all star break, especially the week of it. I think right now everything became quiet after rudy gay got traded, and I expect it to be like that for the next week. But after the all star break, expect plenty of deals to happen. especially since this year the race for the 7-8 seed in the east and west are wide open. there are at least 5 teams on each side battling for the last 2 to 3 spots and they may be 1 move away from securing it. this is unlike previous years where the playoff teams are almost official during this time. we have teams like the jazz, rockets, nuggets, lakers, mavericks, blazers, and wolves trying to make a move or get healthier in order to secure the 6, 7, or 8 spot in the west.
then you have the bucks, celtics, hawks, sixers, raptors, and pistons doing the same thing in the east.

so we will have to wait and see what happens.

xxplayerxx23
02-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I don't think the bucks or raps do that. Ellis also likes to shoot lol LAL would have to throw a 2nd ball on the court. Bargs is going to be hard to move. I don't see that happening
My Knicks aren't rumored to be in any deal, hopefully some trades happen around the league

gwrighter
02-03-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't think anything will happen this week until after the all star break. normally things are really quiet around the all star break, especially the week of it. I think right now everything became quiet after rudy gay got traded, and I expect it to be like that for the next week. But after the all star break, expect plenty of deals to happen. especially since this year the race for the 7-8 seed in the east and west are wide open. there are at least 5 teams on each side battling for the last 2 to 3 spots and they may be 1 move away from securing it. this is unlike previous years where the playoff teams are almost official during this time. we have teams like the jazz, rockets, nuggets, lakers, mavericks, blazers, and wolves trying to make a move or get healthier in order to secure the 6, 7, or 8 spot in the west.
then you have the bucks, celtics, hawks, sixers, raptors, and pistons doing the same thing in the east.

so we will have to wait and see what happens.

Agreed with everything. the All-Star break allows for all the execs/players to meet and talk business. It accelerates the trade process and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of unofficial handshakes are made as well.

ManRam
02-03-2013, 12:58 PM
It's still pretty early in the trade season. Still got three weeks left.

I hope/think that Redick will be the next domino to go. He's probably the best wing available after Gay has now been traded.

heyman321
02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Er most deals happen 2 days before the deadline. Historical Fact.

mzgrizz
02-03-2013, 01:35 PM

I think it is somewhat even for all teams involved. the bucks would be the ultimate winner in my opinion. derozan with jennings would be amazing and then add bargnani with sanders and ilyasova down low and you've got a really scary team.
the lakers could go with a small lineup after getting ellis, having nash, ellis and bryant in the backcourt with howard and clark. they would also add more depth with aaron gray and samuel dalembart (he has a big expiring contract) and they would both bring size of the bench. add alan anderson and his surprising scoring year and then a draft pick from the bucks and you've got yourself a deal.
the raptors would have to package derozan in a deal for gasol because fields contract and his down season this year along with bargnani, down season as well might not be enough. they are stacked in the backcourt with fields, gay, ross, anderson, klieza, and pietrus and need to open space so trading derozan would be a big move for the raptors. they get a big guy to put down low with JV and form a nice contender with gay and lowry as the corner stones. losing derozan would be a big hit but he is too similar to rudy gay and might not fit well (although they played amazing together the other night). dunleavy would be thrown in there as a salary dump and is an amazing 3 point shooter for the team. so at the end of the day this could be the possible lineups:

Raptors:
jonas valenciunas
pau gasol
rudy gay
landry fields
kyle lowry
terrence ross
amir johnson
mickael pietrus
chris duhon
john lucas
hamed haddadi

Bucks:
larry sanders
andrea bargnani
ersan ilyasova
demar derozan
brandong jennings
luc richard mba a moute
ekpe udoh
beno udrih
john henson
tobias harris
marquis daniels
linas klieza
doron lamb
joel przybilla
drew gooden

Lakers:
dwight howard
earl clark
kobe bryant
monta ellis
steve nash
metta world peace
antawn jamison
jodie meeks
steve blake
samuel dalembart
aaron gray
alan anderson
darius morris
jordan hill

what do you think?

Then I'd call the Raps "Grizzlies North" :laugh2:
Doesn't look like much help to anyone to me.................

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-03-2013, 01:39 PM

You would know best about players leaving in free agency wouldn't you?

You are so wrong in your quote its hilarious I love when people know nothing and try and talk about it ...

The magic are rumored to deff be shopping jj its a known fact even jj knows it ... afflalo is injuried right now so jj is our starting sg but I bet you didn't know that either lol

And to further prove you wrong jj talked about his trade rumors recently and said "he doesn't want to be moved he doesn't want to leave Orlando ... its become his home and its where he met his wife and he doesnt wanna leave but its a business and if he was to get traded he would understand"

Get your facts straight before you poop from the mouth next time ... and I can see where some want to make fun of magic FO I get it but coming from a cavs fan now that's just hilarious lol look who is talking man

mbsalame123
02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I dont know if y'all have heard but the clippers and cltics have had exploratory talks with each other (ironically they're playing against each other right now so I know what you mean when you say executives meet with each other face to face, it makes things easier.). so they probably met at the game and what I read was it's caron butler and eric bledsoe for kevin garnett. that would be a big trade for both teams, but what would the clipppers do with deandre jordan? I wrote about it earlier in the week when it wqas said the celtics might trade for eric bledsoe, that I could see a possible KG, Pierce, and other players like collins and lee involved in a trade for deandre jordan, bledsoe, butler, and lamar odom.

what do u think?

JEDean89
02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
sac should trade for bledsoe and build around cousins, t-rob and bledsoe then try and draft a shabazz muhammed, otto porter or ben mclemore. then sign vet fa's to surround the young core and watch the team win in seattle.

JEDean89
02-03-2013, 04:25 PM
I dont know if y'all have heard but the clippers and cltics have had exploratory talks with each other (ironically they're playing against each other right now so I know what you mean when you say executives meet with each other face to face, it makes things easier.). so they probably met at the game and what I read was it's caron butler and eric bledsoe for kevin garnett. that would be a big trade for both teams, but what would the clipppers do with deandre jordan? I wrote about it earlier in the week when it wqas said the celtics might trade for eric bledsoe, that I could see a possible KG, Pierce, and other players like collins and lee involved in a trade for deandre jordan, bledsoe, butler, and lamar odom.

what do u think?

don't like it for either team. the celtic's tallest guy would be sullinger or jeff green and they would just get killed because of it. then you have a massive clog in the wing with pierce, green, butler all sf's. for the clipps, does garnett come off the bench? who is your backup pg with billups out? also bledsoe is good chris paul leaving insurance. makes more sense for the clipps to try and get back picks our young assets so they can stay away from to high of a luxury tax.

Shammyguy3
02-03-2013, 11:14 PM
they will trade jj reddick for sure this year and I think to the nuggets or to the bulls. the bulls have jimmy butler to offer right now who is playing amazing right now but is he worth jj reddick right now? I can see the nuggets trading wilson chandler for reddick as well. what do you think?

no chance in hell the Bulls trade Butler for Redick. First of all because it doesn't work financially, and second of all because the Bulls have Rip/Marco/Nate/Kirk/Cook all capable of playing SG. The Bulls need a backup center, not another shooting guard. Finally, Redick's going to be a free agent. You don't give up players who are young and this good playing for a nickel on the dollar.

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 07:46 AM
no chance in hell the Bulls trade Butler for Redick. First of all because it doesn't work financially, and second of all because the Bulls have Rip/Marco/Nate/Kirk/Cook all capable of playing SG. The Bulls need a backup center, not another shooting guard. Finally, Redick's going to be a free agent. You don't give up players who are young and this good playing for a nickel on the dollar.

Actually the bulls have been rumored to be wanting Reddick for years and this could finally be the year they do it, but you're right they don't need him right now, they need another big man. I think if they can try and trade rip hamilton to a team like the suns (who were rumored to want him) for like jermaine oneal and wesley johnson, then that would be great.

As far Reddick goes, I think if the celtics decide to trade pierce and KG to the clippers then they will go out there and try and get reddick as well, in order to begin the rebuilding process with bledsoe, reddick, sullinger, deandre jordan, jeff green, bass, and whoever they have left. the celtics can trade courtney lee for jj reddick or they can package smaller contracts for him. but we will se

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 07:59 AM
don't like it for either team. the celtic's tallest guy would be sullinger or jeff green and they would just get killed because of it. then you have a massive clog in the wing with pierce, green, butler all sf's. for the clipps, does garnett come off the bench? who is your backup pg with billups out? also bledsoe is good chris paul leaving insurance. makes more sense for the clipps to try and get back picks our young assets so they can stay away from to high of a luxury tax.

the thing with the clippers is that they have no choice but to go for it right now. if they want to insure that cp3 stays they need to make a deep run in the playoffs and get talent that will help them out and make them title contenders. Eventually bledsoe will be moved and if they can KG in the process then chris paul will most likely stay.

Just imagine this trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkpusaf

the celtics get a center to replace KG, they get a point guard for the remainder of the season and most of next year that can also make rondo expandable, so that when he comes back they can trade him if things workout with bledsoe. they get an expiring contract in lamar odom and they get butler who replaces pierce for the mean time.
the clippers become instant favorites in the west with pierce and KG. Besides CP3 and billups, they don't have anyone else who can take over a game for them and has the experience to win games, maybe jamal crawford as well. KG would bring tremendous defense to the team and would give them another scoring option for later in the game. pierce is a veteran that will take over the game as well and help cp3. blake griffin just isn't ready right now and this will take the pressure off of him.

the clippers are super deep and billups when he comes back will backup cp3 but jamal crawford could play point guard as well. they would still have a super deep team look at this:

kevin garnett
blake griffin
paul pierce
willie green
chris paul
jamal crawford
matt barnes
chauncey billups
grant hill
ronny turiaf
chris wilkox
ryan hollins
trey thompkins.

they can then flip hollins, wilkox, or turiaf for another guard to help out as well. this team would be amazingly deep and would be balanced out. KG does have a no trade clause but getting the chance to go with pierce to LA and play with cp3, blake griffin and veterans billups and hill would be amazing. Plus the celtics don't mind screwing the lakers even more. Pierce and KG would get the chance to go to the other LA team and screw the celtics rivalry, the celtics.

the celtics would have an amazing future as well look at this:

deandre jordan
brandon bass
caron butler
avery bradley
eric bledsoe
jason terry
jeff green
courtney lee
lamar odom
leandro barbosa
jason collins
jarvis vernando
jared sullinger and rondo who are hurt but would come back and make them even better.

this trade is too good to be true and if it happens ti will be amazing!

Kashmir13579
02-04-2013, 08:09 AM
There are too many trades in the NBA as it is. About time we have a year where no real big names get moved.

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 08:11 AM
idk if you guys have heard but the nets and magic might get a deal done that sends turkoglu to the nets for khris humphries. the magic lost davis for the rest of the season and need help down low, humphries isn't being used to his fullest potential in brooklyn and the nets are trying to get rid of him. getting turkoglu would be nice for the nets as they can possibly run with a small lineup that could give miss matches to several teams. having lopez with turkoglu at the 4 and wallace, johnson, and williams playing in the backcourt would be amazing. however the rebounding would go down so maybe they bring turkoglu off the bench and keep evans as a starter.

I was thinking of a trade like this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aan3qbo

the nets get a 3 point shooter and 6th man in reddick to help off the bench while the magic get their big man in humphries and get a young shooting guard who can thrive with afflalo playing at the small forward and nelson at point guard. they also get a turkoglu like player in teletokovic, who hasn't seen any playing time with the nets but could thrive with the magic playing in the ryan anderson role which they dearly miss.

look at these lineups after the trade:

brook lopez
reggie evans
gerald wallace
joe johnson
deron williams
jj reddick
hedo turkoglu
andray blatche
cj watson
jerry stackhouse
keith bogans
tornike shengelia
tyshawn taylor
damion james

the magic would have this lineup:

nikola vucevic
khris humphries
arron afflolo
marshon brooks
jameer nelson
andrew nicholson
josh mcroberts
dequan jones
moe harkless
gustavo ayon
ish smith
etwaan moore
kyle oquinn
al harrington
mirza teletokovic
glen davis

both teams would benefit and the trade would make the nets even better than they are right now.

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 08:14 AM
There are too many trades in the NBA as it is. About time we have a year where no real big names get moved.

Every year there are several big names getting moved. Last year there weren't many moves because of the whole dwight howard saga and because of the lockout year. this year I see several names getting moved as teams will look to make a run with more then one playoff contender battling for the 6, 7, and 8 seed, plus with the big 2014 free agent class.

I see:

paul milsap
andrea bargnani
hedo turkoglu
jj reddick
kevin garnett
paul pierce
eric bledsoe
marcin gortat
jared dudley
and other names being moved.

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 08:35 AM
I think the grizzlies will make a run for jj reddick with their big trade exceptions or they can make a trade for rip hamilton as well. he would look good with the grizzlies. I dont expect them to make a big trade, they won't trade randolph, but they will make a trade for someone like rip hamilton in my opinion.

I don't see josh smith or pau gasol getting traded as their aren't good enough deals out there right now.

we are hearing about small deals now as the all star game approaches us. I can't wait! this will be amazing!

dayman
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM

Raptors:
jonas valenciunas
pau gasol
rudy gay
landry fields
kyle lowry
terrence ross
amir johnson
mickael pietrus
chris duhon
john lucas
hamed haddadi

Bucks:
larry sanders
andrea bargnani
ersan ilyasova
demar derozan
brandong jennings
luc richard mba a moute
ekpe udoh
beno udrih
john henson
tobias harris
marquis daniels
linas klieza
doron lamb
joel przybilla
drew gooden

Lakers:
dwight howard
earl clark
kobe bryant
monta ellis
steve nash
metta world peace
antawn jamison
jodie meeks
steve blake
samuel dalembart
aaron gray
alan anderson
darius morris
jordan hill

what do you think?

I think your off your rocker

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 09:35 AM

This trade I came up with was stupid hahaha I take it back. It was just a reply to someone who said the lakers won't andrea bargnani and his contract. I don't think the lakers will make any trades this trade deadline because they are on a role right now. the bucks will most likely not make any moves as well.

The raptors will look for a team to take andrea bargnani, but I find it hard, unless they were to include landry fields in the deal, which they most likely would. but who can they get?

mbsalame123
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
the clippers and celtics rumor was nothing but a rumor. I knew it was too good to be true. but it looks like the clippers are looking for another big man to put down low with griffin. You can tell because deandre jordan's minutes are drastically going down. Remember when they tried to package deandre jordan with eric bledsoe for anderson varejao before he got the season ending injury? Well I think they can go out there and try and find a taker that can give them a fearsome big man. I was thinking Al Jefferson, what do you think? but the clippers don't want deandre jordan because the reason why they want to get rid of milsap or jefferson is to open up room for derrick favors and enes kanter to get significant playing time. So what if they can find a 3rd team to take deandre jordan and get them something in return? what do you think?