PDA

View Full Version : Duncan carried off the court.

sodaddicted
02-03-2013, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ljaFPpJ2nw

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Tim Duncan diagnosis: Right ankle sprain, left knee sprain. Will not return.

Sprains do turn into serious injurys after the MRI. Spurnation is praying that this isn't the career ending, it looked bad.

:(

kdspurman
02-03-2013, 12:18 AM
He walked on his own once he got off the court.

Players spirits in the locker-room after the game seemed to be high, and they seem optimistic it's nothing serious. Again, won't know anything till after the MRI.

Regardless, I'm terrified and anxious awaiting the results. All I can go by is player morale which seems high now...

Hellcrooner
02-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Hope he does not leave this way :(

My favourite player of the 00s, and the BEST one too ( regardless of his low profile with media) from the decade .

b@llhog24
02-03-2013, 12:22 AM
He wasn't kidding about that whole "wheel fall off" thing.

sodaddicted
JMcDonald_SAEN Maybe it's just me, but the mood on the Spurs' bench (players and coaches) just seems grim.

Stephen Jackson: "I don't know what's happening with Tim but I saw him walk out of here, so that's always good."

dan mccarney (@danmccarneysaen)
Parker said he spoke to Duncan after injury. Take it with grain of salt, but was in good spirits, doesn't appear to anything too major.
(https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen/...20334911381504

:pray:

LakerShow
another injury, sucks seeing players go down with them.

shep33
02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Hope he's okay. He's absolutely dominant this year. Get back soon Timmy

GREATNESS ONE
02-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Mad respect for Timmy D, hope he doesn't end his career because of an injury.

kdspurman
02-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Word is he left the arena without crutches or a wheel chair which is a great sign... But still gotta wait for the official word. All players are saying he seemed fine. :pray:

Tmath
02-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Aren't sprains technically a tear in your ligament? Hope he's ok.

LOOTERX9
02-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Duncan= Yawn....If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Hellcrooner
02-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Duncan= Yawn....If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

If you are not gonna show some well earned respect why post at all? :pity:

netsgiantsyanks
02-03-2013, 12:51 AM

:laugh2: idiocy.

kdspurman
02-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Wiz HC Randy Wittman: "I just talked to the doctors and they said [Duncan] is going to be fine."

Don't know...Still gotta wait for MRI but seems to be better than anticipated. Results can't come soon enough....

kdspurman
02-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Webster (the guy who hit Tim's leg) seemed genuinely concerned. God forbid he's the one who ended Tim's career early

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-03-2013, 01:01 AM

My favourite player of the 00s, and the BEST one too ( regardless of his low profile with media) from the decade .

Kobe says hi but yes I do agree this would be a sad way to end his career, but knowing Duncan I know he'll come back from this he's just as much as a competitor as anyone in the history of the NBA! An all-Time great!

D-Leethal
02-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Didn't see it and not sure I even want to. One of my favorite all time players playing at a ridiculous level. I'm prayin for ya Timmy.

dodie53
02-03-2013, 02:45 AM
looks bad but i hope he's ok

CEasFiRe
02-03-2013, 02:54 AM
hope its not the last we've seen of him, horrible way to go out

Eagles4Lyfe
02-03-2013, 03:11 AM
hope hes fine man but rondo had similar problems so well wait until the scan

kdspurman
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
"He's fine, he's fine," Parker said. "It's nothing big. I'm sure (coach Gregg Popovich) is going to be very conscious about his knee and we'll see."

"That was scary when you see that," Washington coach Randy Wittman said. "Those are always the ones you don't want to see when a guy falls into you while your feet are planted on the ground. I just talked to his doctors and they said he is going to be fine."

3ballbomber
02-03-2013, 04:01 AM
Hope Timmy is gone be alright!

Guppyfighter
02-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Kobe says hi but yes I do agree this would be a sad way to end his career, but knowing Duncan I know he'll come back from this he's just as much as a competitor as anyone in the history of the NBA! An all-Time great!

Do all Laker fans do this? Tim Duncan was and is better than Kobe right now.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-03-2013, 04:41 AM

No.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-03-2013, 04:43 AM

Not even close.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2013, 05:24 AM
hate to hear it, but as a Wolves fan, my token answer to any injury to a player thread this year is boo freaking hoo.

Guppyfighter
02-03-2013, 05:32 AM
hate to hear it, but as a Wolves fan, my token answer to any injury to a player thread this year is boo freaking hoo.

I am glad you do this in every injury thread. I think that's ****ing hilarious.

Monta is beast
02-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Not even close.

Duncan was, is, and always will be the better player.

sodaddicted
02-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Actually laid $20 before the season that the Twolves would win 40 games. Basketball Gods laugh at the misery.

69centers
02-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Any word yet? His injury and the way he left the court did not look so good, so it could very well be serious.

mzgrizz
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Man, I hate to hear this even if they are our biggest competition in the division. I LOVE his game and have always respected his off court manners. Class act. Get well, Timmy

KnicksorBust
02-03-2013, 12:38 PM
If you don't like Tim Duncan there is something wrong with you. I'd love to see the Spurs go on one more playoff run but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

FraziersKnicks
02-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Fingers crossed Big Fundy's alright

Collings94
02-03-2013, 01:31 PM
The best kept secret in the NBA is that TD is still an elite player in the NBA. If you ignore stats, and just go by wins and talent around him, I would say Duncan is the 3rd best player in the NBA, behind James and Durant.

kdspurman
02-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Someone posted this on twitter, Tim walking on his own still today cant help but think that's good news... But still eagerly waiting the MRI results...

Drew Gilmore ‏@DrewwGilmore Tim Duncan and his daughter parked next to me �� pic.twitter.com/s7RhdObM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCMynyyCYAAlwib.jpg:large

Guppyfighter
02-03-2013, 05:00 PM
The best kept secret in the NBA is that TD is still an elite player in the NBA. If you ignore stats, and just go by wins and talent around him, I would say Duncan is the 3rd best player in the NBA, behind James and Durant.

Fourth best, behind Mr. CP3.

Collings94
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Duncan consistently does more with less. CP3 is a solid 4th, but Duncan is just a better player. Nobody is smarter then him on the court, and no one is better at knowing exactly what is team needs to win games.

LakersA's49ers
02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Stephen Currys all star hopes are hanging in the balance

Guppyfighter
02-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Duncan consistently does more with less. CP3 is a solid 4th, but Duncan is just a better player. Nobody is smarter then him on the court, and no one is better at knowing exactly what is team needs to win games.

CP3 is the definition of doing more with less. He has carried teams to the playoffs that had no right being in the playoffs. He is basically the coach of his own offense. CP3 does so many things off the court to make his team better on the court.

TheNumber37
02-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Yikes. Well, rest is rest. The other players will step up. Probably out 10-14 days. 6 games or so.

R. Johnson#3
02-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Never seen an arena so quiet.

conway429
02-03-2013, 05:49 PM

why would you ignore the stats? duncan is a monster statistically

THE MTL
02-03-2013, 06:04 PM
OH NO! I just saw the injury. That looked terrible :((((((((

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Still no word...... this sucks :(

Mr.Nate30
02-03-2013, 06:26 PM
MRI on Tim Duncan's knee shows no structural damage, Spurs say. He will be day to day. per woj.

**** yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-03-2013, 06:38 PM
MRI on Tim Duncan's knee shows no structural damage, Spurs say. He will be day to day. per woj.

**** yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just saw this. Basketball gods gave Spurs fans a giant ****ing gift! Yay!!!!!!!

Hawkeye15
02-03-2013, 06:39 PM
I am glad you do this in every injury thread. I think that's ****ing hilarious.

Cool. Honestly, I don't care. I fee bad for anyone that suffers an injury, but I am numb to it this season.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Just saw this. Basketball gods gave Spurs fans a giant ****ing gift! Yay!!!!!!!

Wish the bball gods would ever cut my puppies a break.

Good to hear. I always thought Tim was a robot, was weird to hear he was hurt.

kdspurman
02-03-2013, 07:26 PM
This knee brace is bad ***!!

http://i.imgur.com/95u1N.jpg

Now I may actually get to see him next week too :)

Great news!

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Wish the bball gods would ever cut my puppies a break.

Good to hear. I always thought Tim was a robot, was weird to hear he was hurt.

I feel for you bro, could be worse. You could be a Blazers fan...

TornadoOfSouls
02-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Not even close.

You're right. Kobe isn't even close to Duncan. Duncan didn't need to piggyback one of the most dominant big men of all-time for three sidekick rings like Bryant. Duncan didn't get to play for the GOAT coach, didn't play for an owner willing to spend any amount of money for a championship squad.

bootleg42
02-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Now coach Pop has every reason to rest his stars anytime he wants.

If I were Pop, I'd be resting Duncan, Parker, and Manu as much as possible, and I wouldn't care what Stern has to say about it.

AI
02-03-2013, 08:20 PM
I traded KG for Duncan about 2 weeks ago, starting to regret it.

rockbottom2010
02-03-2013, 08:34 PM
stephen curry will finally be an all-star

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-03-2013, 10:03 PM
You're right. Kobe isn't even close to Duncan. Duncan didn't need to piggyback one of the most dominant big men of all-time for three sidekick rings like Bryant. Duncan didn't get to play for the GOAT coach, didn't play for an owner willing to spend any amount of money for a championship squad.

As much as I like Parker and Ginobili, Duncan with Shaq, Gasol, or Howard would have been unstopable. Not to mention Duncan would have never run Shaq out of town. Those two would probably have 6+ rings

Blitzbolt
02-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I don't' see him playing much maybe after the Allstar.

LOOTERX9
02-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Now coach Pop has every reason to rest his stars anytime he wants.

If I were Pop, I'd be resting Duncan, Parker, and Manu as much as possible, and I wouldn't care what Stern has to say about it.

and this is why this boring spurs team should not get anymore national tv games. they are fragile and boring. fans of exciting basketball don't want to watch them play. they always get the lowest ratings. just a bland team

Guppyfighter
02-04-2013, 03:14 AM
and this is why this boring spurs team should not get anymore national tv games. they are fragile and boring. fans of exciting basketball don't want to watch them play. they always get the lowest ratings. just a bland team

Uh, they are top in offensive efficiency and pace. Basketball fans love to watch them. Stupid fans don't.

You have held a grudge since they rested their dudes though. Idiot.

sventhedog
02-04-2013, 03:59 AM
his knees have survived too much stress that it is now bionic.

BULLSFAN0810
02-04-2013, 04:01 AM
im sorry to say this imho Tim is 30 plus in years..this looks bad, i think its over like Isiah Thomas.

BULLSFAN0810
02-04-2013, 04:03 AM

Kobe dropped 81...STFU. ANd won w/o Shaq...stfu x2..Kobe is considered the BEST SINCE JORDAN..STFU x3...COUNT ON KOBE

Guppyfighter
02-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Kobe dropped 81...STFU. ANd won w/o Shaq...stfu x2..Kobe is considered the BEST SINCE JORDAN..STFU x3...COUNT ON KOBE

lol. Is this really your reasoning?

TornadoOfSouls
02-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Kobe dropped 81...STFU.

David Robinson scored 71 points in a meaningless regular season game too. Let's crown him the greatest player of the 90s now...lol

ANd won w/o Shaq...stfu x2..

Ignoring the fact that he had the GOAT coach PJax holding his hand the entire time. Also ignoring the fact that he had an all-NBA teammate and the most stacked frontcourt in the league during the two-peat. Duncan never had an All-NBA teammate on any of his championship teams.

Kobe is considered the BEST SINCE JORDAN..STFU x3...

By whom? Advanced stats sure as hell don't support your argument. Best since Jordan is Shaq. Then Duncan. If Lebron wins a few more titles he probably leapfrogs both though. Kobe doesn't figure into this.

COUNT ON KOBE

Yes. Count on Kobe to lead his team into the lottery. And when he does he'll whine to the media again asking to be traded like last time.

kdspurman
02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
im sorry to say this imho Tim is 30 plus in years..this looks bad, i think its over like Isiah Thomas.

Yea you should pay attention more during your trolling... He's day to day. No structural damage... :facepalm:

kdspurman
02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Uh, they are top in offensive efficiency and pace. Basketball fans love to watch them. Stupid fans don't.

You have held a grudge since they rested their dudes though. Idiot.

Dude's a joke, I wouldn't even reply tbh....

LAKERMANIA
02-04-2013, 05:10 PM

Ha. Funny.

Guppyfighter
02-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Ha. Funny.

Tim Duncan is still putting up top five numbers in the league. Kobe, well he is doing pretty good.

And as for a career, Kobe has never been more impactful than Tim Duncan. Not sure what the argument here is. You can try to refute that if you want.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Kobe> Duncan now
Duncan>Kobe all time IMO slightly
I have Duncan 8 and Kobe 9 right now.

Guppyfighter
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Kobe> Duncan now

?

Duncan has been the fourth best player this year. Kobe has been offensively fantastic, but Duncans defense is DPOY caliber as well as a good offensive showing.

It's Duncan this year and not close.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2013, 08:01 PM

These aren't the Spurs of old. The last 2 years, they have been a top offense as well, and scoring lots of points. They are actually fun to watch, if you can get the distaste for them crapping on your team for 2 decades out of your mouth like I have to..

Hawkeye15
02-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Kobe> Duncan now

I actually think Duncan has had the better year. I would probably give the slight edge to Kobe scoring the ball, but Tim has been playing at an all defensive team caliber on that end, while posting a higher PER, TS%, WS's, and WS/48, along with his team dominating.

I will say, the Lakers absolutely fall apart offensively when Kobe sits, but that is due to the front office not putting a bench on that team, while the Spurs have one.