PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Becks2307
02-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Amare Stoudemire is unconscious right now.

Last 5 games :

17.6 and 5.8 in 24 mins a game.

He was 10/10 tonight. Tonights stats - 21 pts 6 boards in 20 mins

A couple of games ago he was 7/7 and he is shooting about 73% in his last 5.

Crazy part - he is playing pretty good D and his post game is amazing right now.

This guy is not done at all.

Chronz
02-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Yea hes looked really good the last couple of games Ive seen, but I dont know about the pretty good D bit.

LakersIn5
02-02-2013, 10:33 PM
overpaid but underated

SeoulBeatz
02-02-2013, 10:35 PM
overpaid but underated

lol quite a juxtaposition

Becks2307
02-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Yea hes looked really good the last couple of games Ive seen, but I dont know about the pretty good D bit.

I cant believe it either. He doesnt lose his man like before. Woody seems to have gotten through to him. I would argue he is even better than 2010 Stat because is D is so much better than it was back then.

Kashmir13579
02-02-2013, 10:37 PM
.627 TS% before his 10/10 outing tonight. A lot of them coming from his new post moves. Now, as always, the concern is will his body hold up through the playoffs. I know i hold my breath for STAT more than anyone else in terms of bumping knees and hard falls.

ManRam
02-02-2013, 10:39 PM
He's been phenomenal lately. Let's see if he can keep it up, however.

Dankster
02-02-2013, 10:41 PM
His defense is much better solely on the basis that he's putting forth much more effort than in years past on that end. He still has his fair share of defensive lapses and miscues, but his effort is there almost every possession. And that's exponentially better than what he's brought forth defensively since he's been here in 2010.

And his offense is just sublime. His post-game is a lot more dominant than I think anyone expected it to be at this point.

Becks2307
.627 TS% before his 10/10 outing tonight. A lot of them coming from his new post moves. Now, as always, the concern is will his body hold up through the playoffs. I know i hold my breath for STAT more than anyone else in terms of bumping knees and hard falls.

Hakeem must be a god, Amare's moves are AMAZING, im in shock...

ILLUSIONIST^248
I never understood all the hate towards the guy. He's a solid player.

shep33
02-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Good to see him back on track

Becks2307
02-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Im so happy we didnt trade him for Pau. I had nightmares of him playing this good when he got to the Lakers.

Cal827
02-02-2013, 10:53 PM
This is just awesome to see.:clap::clap: He's my favorite player, but I thought that he would be completely done after the surgeries. Good on him and I'm sure the Knick fans are loving it right now. If he can keep this up, they could have what it takes to challenge Miami for the Eastern Conference

LAKobeBryant
02-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Nothing special or even under achieving for the amount of money he's being paid.

bucketss
02-02-2013, 11:08 PM
has melo been looking good next to him? or is the bench role going to keep going for him.

Becks2307
02-02-2013, 11:09 PM
has melo been looking good next to him? or is the bench role going to keep going for him.

They play together alot, melo looks for him. Looks like they finally figured it out.

justinnum1
02-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Impressive

Dankster
02-02-2013, 11:19 PM
If they can get Camby AND Sheed back in full health before the playoffs, they'll have the depth and size to compete with the Heat. Camby is supposed to be back after the All Star break, if they can get everyone in good health, they have enough firepower to contend with anyone.

AI
02-03-2013, 12:04 AM
If they can get Camby AND Sheed back in full health before the playoffs, they'll have the depth and size to compete with the Heat. Camby is supposed to be back after the All Star break, if they can get everyone in good health, they have enough firepower to contend with anyone.

Size for the Heat? What for? They play small.

tapajafri
02-03-2013, 12:18 AM
it's his lack of rebounding and defense that people are always going to criticize him for

KniCks4LiFe
02-03-2013, 12:23 AM

He's been efficient scoring, he's gone from playing crap worthy turnstile D to what looks like D. We're playing zone to mask his defensive inefficiency on the court. But his front to the basket offense is what has looked good. His post game is below average, rebounding is average, but efficiency in the block has been good. We're not really playing him and Melo at the same time. We're subbing them for ea. other most of the time. which is smart.

Quinnsanity
02-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Damn I was really expecting this to be a thread about Kobe and I was really ready to bash him.

Missing56&33
02-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Amar'e is a great player when he's healthy. Not always the smartest decision maker BUT ....the last few games he's been finding teammates....impressive.

jon32
02-03-2013, 12:43 AM
i like that since this involves a knicks player that its thread worthy

LOOTERX9
02-03-2013, 12:45 AM
amare has played against a bunch of horrid teams last few games. this thread is very premature and full of false hope. amare is a gimp and a fake hustler

RLundi
02-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Mm he's aight.

NBAfan4life
02-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Melo is cooling off, I don't know how they play together

b@llhog24
02-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Demise? Did people think he was dead or something? :confused:

D-Leethal
02-03-2013, 02:00 AM

Then you haven't seen much of the last couple games.

D-Leethal
02-03-2013, 02:04 AM
He's been efficient scoring, he's gone from playing crap worthy turnstile D to what looks like D. We're playing zone to mask his defensive inefficiency on the court. But his front to the basket offense is what has looked good. His post game is below average, rebounding is average, but efficiency in the block has been good. We're not really playing him and Melo at the same time. We're subbing them for ea. other most of the time. which is smart.

I'm convinced you are not a Knick fan. Nothing you said here is accurate. Hes our backup C, he and Tyson have been swapping subs if anything, and they are still playing a ton of minutes with all 3 together, and the +/- has been light years better than it was last year. JR comes in at the 7 min mark for Shumpert, and Amare comes in at the 3-4 minute mark for Kidd. They finish the first with Melo-STAT-Tyson than the bench starts the second. I don't think he subs directly for Melo ever.

Zone? We don't ever play zone, there has been one 5 minute stretch of zone since STAT has come back.

His faceup game has been good and his post up game below average? The vast majority of his buckets are coming from back to the basket post ups. Hes rarely ever facing up or shooting jumpers. Hes shooting some ungodly 70% past 6-7 games. If you actually went to the Knicks forum, you would see that numerous posters are saying they would like to see him shoot the jumpers more and post up less, and give us more pick and pops and another option for kickouts.

Turn off the Rockets and pay attention.

D-Leethal
02-03-2013, 02:07 AM
I was/am one of STATs harshest critics. His team first attitude and improved play/ability to 'fit in' has been nothing short of amazing.

DallasTrilla23
02-03-2013, 02:28 AM
LOL @ The title

Amare has been balling lately tho.

Alayla
02-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Nothing special or even under achieving for the amount of money he's being paid.

?

KnicksorBust
02-03-2013, 11:45 AM
overpaid but underated

Brilliant and true.

KnicksorBust
02-03-2013, 11:46 AM
I was/am one of STATs harshest critics. His team first attitude and improved play/ability to 'fit in' has been nothing short of amazing.

Him and JR coming off the bench is ridiculously deadly.

Chronz
02-03-2013, 02:02 PM

Can you explain how his post game is average? According to synergy, hes 23 for 36 in post up sets. Thats ****ing amazing

I cant believe it either. He doesnt lose his man like before. Woody seems to have gotten through to him. I would argue he is even better than 2010 Stat because is D is so much better than it was back then.

I disagree but more importantly, bigman defense is about how you help and recover. He might be playing better defense than he has during his time in NY, but Im not seeing this "pretty good d", his individual defensive metrics still suck *** too.

Becks2307
02-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Can you explain how his post game is average? According to synergy, hes 23 for 36 in post up sets. Thats ****ing amazing

I disagree but more importantly, bigman defense is about how you help and recover. He might be playing better defense than he has during his time in NY, but Im not seeing this "pretty good d", his individual defensive metrics still suck *** too.

Granted its amare we are talking about - I'm being loose with "pretty good" I should have added relatively speaking, but the point is, he isnt a liability out there anymore, at least nowhere near the level he was before and that's what we need.

Hellcrooner
02-04-2013, 02:53 AM
Im so happy we didnt trade him for Pau. I had nightmares of him playing this good when he got to the Lakers.

yeah ,lets talk bout rumours bout demise.

Gasol played the first two months with Tendonitis on his knees ( nothing as serious as the COntinous knee problems stou has) and a sore elbow, then add he was being used wrong as a strech Pf , havint to shoot too far from his comfort position, no tto mention not getting enough touches.

Now he is at around 70% health.

And has played the last two games INSIDE cause dwight is out, he also played an almost full game INSIDE cause dwight had to leave against the Raptors.

Gasols numbers in those 3 games playing IN HIS COMFORT position and getting the amount of touches he deserves?

23,3 Ppg on 59 % fg and 86% ft
9 rpg
2,3 apg
1,3 Bpg

yeah, totally worn out.

TornadoOfSouls
02-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Hopefully he keeps his ego in check and continues to produce off the bench.

waveycrockett
02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Most of it has to do with them playing some pretty bad teams and going up against 2nd string units. This guy is still a shell of himself.

sep11ie
02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Lol, now Knick fans love the guy again...

Becks2307
02-04-2013, 09:37 AM
yeah ,lets talk bout rumours bout demise.

Gasol played the first two months with Tendonitis on his knees ( nothing as serious as the COntinous knee problems stou has) and a sore elbow, then add he was being used wrong as a strech Pf , havint to shoot too far from his comfort position, no tto mention not getting enough touches.

Now he is at around 70% health.

And has played the last two games INSIDE cause dwight is out, he also played an almost full game INSIDE cause dwight had to leave against the Raptors.

Gasols numbers in those 3 games playing IN HIS COMFORT position and getting the amount of touches he deserves?

23,3 Ppg on 59 % fg and 86% ft
9 rpg
2,3 apg
1,3 Bpg

yeah, totally worn out.

Uhh what? Notice I said nothing disparaging about Gasol at all, nor did I ever call him "worn out." I'm really not sure why you quoted me on this?

Where does this incessant need to defend Pau come from? I actually like Pau and here you go on a full tirade about him lol.

Knick bag
02-04-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm convinced you are not a Knick fan. Nothing you said here is accurate. Hes our backup C, he and Tyson have been swapping subs if anything, and they are still playing a ton of minutes with all 3 together, and the +/- has been light years better than it was last year. JR comes in at the 7 min mark for Shumpert, and Amare comes in at the 3-4 minute mark for Kidd. They finish the first with Melo-STAT-Tyson than the bench starts the second. I don't think he subs directly for Melo ever.

Zone? We don't ever play zone, there has been one 5 minute stretch of zone since STAT has come back.

His faceup game has been good and his post up game below average? The vast majority of his buckets are coming from back to the basket post ups. Hes rarely ever facing up or shooting jumpers. Hes shooting some ungodly 70% past 6-7 games. If you actually went to the Knicks forum, you would see that numerous posters are saying they would like to see him shoot the jumpers more and post up less, and give us more pick and pops and another option for kickouts.

Turn off the Rockets and pay attention.

Great response to a very ignorant and highly uninformed post. He CANNOT be watching any knick games

Weezy
02-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Wow. I stopped reading this after I saw his post game is average.

Weezy
02-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Most of it has to do with them playing some pretty bad teams and going up against 2nd string units. This guy is still a shell of himself.

Well hmm let's think for a minute here..... Maybe it's because that's his role for our team?

Weezy
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Lol, now Knick fans love the guy again...

Generalizing a fan base of high population doesn't get you anywhere. Fans were frustrated with him because of his injuries and oh yea if you watched knick games, which you don't, he gets a standing ovation all the time since he came back from injuries.

Captain Moroni
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Is this thread about Deron Williams? I'm confused

LongIslandIcedZ
02-04-2013, 12:10 PM
His D still leaves a lot to be desired. He has never been a terrible one on one post defender, and he is still decent at that. His rotations are getting better, but he still looks confused out there at times. And he doesnt play the pick and roll too well. Very often he jumps out on the PG just to get burned for a layup. His D is getting better, but there is still a lot left to be desired. The one thing I like about it, is that he is trying. Havent seen this kind of defensive effort from him in quite some time. He's still a decent shot blocker too which is nice.

His offense has looked fantastic. His touch around the rim has been so good, and he has a ridiculously improved post game. Jumper is falling again, and he is playing with excellent efficiency.

Could not be happier with how Stat is playing.

sep11ie
02-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Generalizing a fan base of high population doesn't get you anywhere. Fans were frustrated with him because of his injuries and oh yea if you watched knick games, which you don't, he gets a standing ovation all the time since he came back from injuries.

I was talking about PSD Knick fans. The trolling ones. Figured you'd know who I was talking about.