PDA

View Full Version : Dunk Contest

king2218
02-02-2013, 04:07 PM
The dunk contest has lost some flair over the past years due to the big names not participating...What do you guys think of the NBA making it mandatory for certain guys to participate in the all star events unless they're injured? For example, just like the all star games...the fans get to vote who's going to participate in each contest...the top 5 vote getters for the dunk contest will have to participate...same goes for all the other events.

3Blueforyou
02-02-2013, 04:48 PM
They defiantly need to something, they need to attract some bigger names. But what's more realistic is more props being added.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
There's really not many possible dunks now that we haven't seen before.

Stunner
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvOF_ZARRA

Kyben36
02-02-2013, 05:15 PM
I disagree with making it manditory, the thing that makes the dunk contest good is when there is originality and creativity, not nessisarily big names and athletism. Some of the best dunks I have seen have come from no name players like Rudy fernandez, I liked the Candle one, Nate robinson was never big name but allways a great creative dunker, its more about creativity and getting the fans involved than anything else.

John Walls Era
02-02-2013, 05:36 PM
If players dont wanna dunk, you can't force them. I dont really care about stars, as long as there are good dunks. No more glow in the dark BS or jumping over the shortest part of the car dunks.

DoMeFavors
02-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Past 2 years its just a bunch of guys ive never heard of

Jr Smith
Gerald Green
Rudy Gay
That kid Ross
James White
Josh Smith
LeBron
DeAndre Jordan

get me the best athletic guys

TheSource
02-02-2013, 07:26 PM
People focus more on presentation more than anything.

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2013, 07:26 PM
AllStar weekend is a joke... I will not be watching.

dee279
02-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Give it to the guys who actually ask to be in it that we all know can put on a show. James white should definitely be in a dunk contest.

dee279
02-02-2013, 07:33 PM
AllStar weekend is a joke... I will not be watching.

Thanks for your input. We all care what is on your TV schedule at all times.

OceanSpray
02-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Replace the damn even with something new. The dunk contest is turning to crap because no one cares enough. All the creative dunks have been used and now they have to resort to props to hype the dunk. It's pathetic. Remove the damn dunk contest!

king2218
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
If players dont wanna dunk, you can't force them. I dont really care about stars, as long as there are good dunks. No more glow in the dark BS or jumping over the shortest part of the car dunks.

I wouldn't say its forcing them...since the all star weekend is all about fans, just as the fans vote the starters for the all star game, the fans should be able to vote for the dunk contest participants as well. Or atleast the fans should have a part of who's in the contest. For example, lets say 10 players say they want to participate, out of those ten, the fans vote and the top 5 vote getters get in.

murphturph
02-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Rudy Gay
Demar Derozan
Terrence Ross
Quincy Acy Or Amir Johnson

:P Looks like a pretty good dunk contest!

:P

dreday
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Past 2 years its just a bunch of guys ive never heard of

Jr Smith
Gerald Green
Rudy Gay
That kid Ross
James White
Josh Smith
LeBron
DeAndre Jordan

get me the best athletic guys

I agree the I would love to see James White (some of the best dunks ever in overseas dunk contest), Terrence Ross, Gerald Green, and anyone else. You have some pretty good dunkers to pick from this year if they get the rights guys this could be nice.

SugeKnight
02-06-2013, 01:08 AM
Only if Lebron joins