PDA

View Full Version : Gay wanted out of Memphis

FriedTofuz
02-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Why the Grizzlies Traded Rudy Gay Now
Why didnít the Memphis Grizzlies wait until after the season to trade Rudy Gay? Thatís one of the biggest questions being asked after the Grizzlies decided to trade Gay to the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday evening. They were already out of luxury tax territory after trading Marreese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Selby to the Cleveland Cavaliers so why not wait and give their core group one more postseason to try to contend in the Western Conference? While thatís a fair question, the answer is simple: Gay had grown unhappy with the situation in Memphis and it was time for both parties to move on.Grizzlies brass had met with Gay last weekend and the small forward made it clear that he would welcome a trade.

Gay was also tired of hiding his frustration. While players like Mike Conley made it clear that they didnít want management to make a trade and would be upset to see the team broken up, Gay didnít seem like he cared what happened before the deadline. If the Grizzlies traded him, thatíd be fine with him. Last week prior to the Grizzliesí game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Gay was asked if he thought the front office would keep the teamís core together. He used this opportunity to voice his frustration and take a shot at management.

ďIt really doesnít matter what they think about us,Ē Gay said of Memphisí front office last week. ďItís all about whatís in the locker room and what we think we can do. It really doesnít matter what they think.Ē
Gay was sick of the trade rumors. He was tired of seeing his name surface in report after report.

For quite awhile, Gay had told people in his inner circle that he would welcome a trade from Memphis. Last offseason, he reached out to several players on teams that were pursuing him to discuss the possibility of playing together. Gay was never too fond of Memphis. He seriously considered leaving when he became a free agent in 2010, but he couldnít turn down a maximum extension. Gay signed for the money, not because he was attached or in love with Memphis.

Also, the Grizzlies were concerned that if they waited until the offseason to trade Gay, he would be able to hold the team hostage since he has a player option for the 2014-15 season. If Gay decided he was going to opt out of the final $19,317,326 of his contract to sign a new long-term deal, he would have some control over where he landed since he could scare teams off by refusing to make a long-term commitment. The Grizzlies didnít want this situation to mirror what the Denver Nuggets had to go through when they traded Carmelo Anthony. Anthony was in the final year of his contract and he refused to commit long-term to any team other than the New York Knicks, which left Denver with limited options.

Another aspect that has been overlooked is Gayís shaky relationship with Zach Randolph. Behind the scenes, Gay and Randolph had butted heads for quite awhile. While Gay and Randolph tolerated each other, they werenít close and had several spats over the years.

There were a lot of things happening behind the scenes that forced the Grizzliesí hand. Gay was already upset with the trade rumors and delaying the inevitable would have made things worse, especially considering their options couldíve been severely limited if Gay played his cards right. Not to mention, Gay and Randolph had butted heads, so itís not like the Grizzlies broke up a perfect team that was guaranteed to make a deep postseason run. This was a dysfunctional situation.Now, the Grizzlies not only shed some salary, but they also acquired Tayshaun Prince, who is a good fit in Memphis, as well as a very promising young player in Ed Davis.

This was the right time to trade Gay, even if it seemed questionable from the outside looking in.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-phoenix-suns-pursuing-josh-smith/#lrvc4iuCJAJT4K8l.99

sunsfan88
02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
I feel bad for him.

It pisses me off when teams try to desperately trade away their star players who are classy guys who do so much for the community and on the court. It must be annoying to always hear trade rumors about you.

It happens with Amare when he was in PHX, it happened with Igoudala in Philly and now it happened with Gay.

COOLbeans
02-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Prince was a good pick up for y'all. I like the trade considering Gay wanted out.

lakers4sho
02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Gay butted heads.

Tmath
02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Worked out well for the Raptors

FriedTofuz
02-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Hes ina perfect situation, a lot of people think rudy and demar wont compliment because of similar styles but you're wrong! Derozan was the only main offensive threat on this team. You put one good defender on him, and the team is done. Now that there are at least 2 guys + lowry who can create their own shot, the defense will be less on derozan, and it will open up his game even more. Let him knock down the 3 ball, and watch out. They can definitely co-exist.

NYYCowboys
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Either way, whether he wanted out or not, great trade for the Grizzlies. Rudy is being paid like a max player, but is not even close to being one.

Tmath
02-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Who'd want to play for Memphis anyways? Toronto is bigger and better. Although I have to admit i'm kinda disappointed with this trade because it likely means raps won't get wiggins now (unless bargs can get an unprotected first for them) he's the guy that would have turned Toronto into a basketball town.

The chances of us getting Wiggins was slim even before the Rudy trade. At least now we have a sure talent at the SF position instead of hoping for a miracle to happen.

FriedTofuz
02-02-2013, 02:23 PM
the nba should give wiggins to Toronto, but that wont happened. He'll likely end up with Washington, phoenix, or Orlando

Hangtime
02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
You could tell the guy wasn't happy. You could totally see it in his body language and demeanor on the court. They were probably a first round exit again with Gay. He totally wasn't worth that contract IMO. Decent athletic player with much potential, but he wasn't going to grow anymore with the Grizz.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
02-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Hes ina perfect situation, a lot of people think rudy and demar wont compliment because of similar styles but you're wrong! Derozan was the only main offensive threat on this team. You put one good defender on him, and the team is done. Now that there are at least 2 guys + lowry who can create their own shot, the defense will be less on derozan, and it will open up his game even more. Let him knock down the 3 ball, and watch out. They can definitely co-exist.

Kyle Lowry?

thedfactor
02-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Good for Rudy. And Memphis. Works out for both parties

Chronz
02-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Well its official, Memphis won the trade because keeping him would have left them in shambles.

I feel bad for him.

It pisses me off when teams try to desperately trade away their star players who are classy guys who do so much for the community and on the court. It must be annoying to always hear trade rumors about you.

It happens with Amare when he was in PHX, it happened with Igoudala in Philly and now it happened with Gay.

Is Gay a great embassador for the Grizz and its community? I think I heard about Z-Bo but I dont know much about Gay off the court.

Kyle Lowry?
Wat?

rocket
02-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Who'd want to play for Memphis anyways? Toronto is bigger and better. Although I have to admit i'm kinda disappointed with this trade because it likely means raps won't get wiggins now (unless bargs can get an unprotected first for them) he's the guy that would have turned Toronto into a basketball town.

:laugh2:

rockbottom2010
02-02-2013, 03:15 PM
meant as a package not straight up

don't worry about rocket...hes too immature and has no passion for this game

BALLER R
02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Would explain why a couple times Rudy answered a couple question with "It's good to be wanted"

KniCks4LiFe
02-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Like I said, very good move for Toronto. Not a good move for Memphis right now.

Toronto BTW have 3 perimeter players that can score off the dribble. Who's getting doubled now?

Chronz
02-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Like I said, very good move for Toronto. Not a good move for Memphis right now.

Toronto BTW have 3 perimeter players that can score off the dribble. Who's getting doubled now?

Who ever cant shoot without the ball is the guy that will send the help. And you can only draw doubles if teams think your going to abuse them. I highly doubt people care if DeRozen takes off the bounce jumpers.

sep11ie
02-02-2013, 04:24 PM
So Memphis wasn't Gay friendly enough?

marvILLous
02-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Who ever cant shoot without the ball is the guy that will send the help. And you can only draw doubles if teams think your going to abuse them. I highly doubt people care if DeRozen takes off the bounce jumpers.
lol u know that teams have been doubling demar all season long right?? Demar is good at getting into the paint when the other team is scrambling on defense.. which is exactly what rudy will create for him. And vice versa. Demar doesn't always settle for the jumpshot but when he does he has a pretty good mid range.

They showed good chemistry last night against one of the best teams (cp3 or not) in the league and things should only become easier once they get more used to each other

TO Rapz
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM

Demar has really good mid-range game now. It's not as raw and bad as it used to be, he's really worked on the mechanics of his jump shot.

NYJ - NYY
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Add Content

DR_1
02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
I feel like this will work long term for all 3 teams in the trade.

TO Rapz
02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Derozan:

At rim: 94 of 156 = 60%
3 to 9 feet: 53 of 122 = 44%
10 to 15 feet: 53 of 125 = 43%
16 to 30 feet: 88 of 225 = 39%
3 pointers: 21 of 75 = 28%

That's his breakdown of FG% from areas on the court. It's not ideal, but Derozan is improving by the year with his jumpshot. It's much better now then it was before.

KniCks4LiFe
02-02-2013, 04:52 PM

The Raptors don't have much clogging the paint, so the freeway to the rim is there w/ Gay and Lowry and Derozan. Derozan has improved to average from the perimeter, Lowry is a threat outside and in, Gay well lets just say w/ no Z-Bo or Gasol he's going to the rim w/ no hesitation.

Chronz
02-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Demar has really good mid-range game now. It's not as raw and bad as it used to be, he's really worked on the mechanics of his jump shot.
Hes got alot of work to do before he becomes the 1 on 1 threat that teams have to agressively gameplan for is my point. Like Gay is closer to being that kind of player and even hes doesn't fit the bill perfectly.

lol u know that teams have been doubling demar all season long right??
LOL if you consider those doubles then lots of players get doubled, seems more like standard rotating defense to me.

Demar is good at getting into the paint when the other team is scrambling on defense.. which is exactly what rudy will create for him.
Your assuming Gay will be able to read defenses enough to make that play consistently, something he has rarely done. Im sure Gay will attract some attention to relieve DD but I doubt it leads to noteworthy results.

As for DeMar, hes a good slasher but overall hes been really ****** in terms of taking advantage of outlet opportunities (when hes set and defenses are scrambling), hes average if he can get into the lane but thats not always an option and when DD is set and shooting a 3, hes barely hitting 30%. Overall as a spot-up threat to either drive or shoot, hes connecting on a paltry 40%.

From what Ive seen hes not a very good passer when he does collapse a defense either.

And vice versa. Demar doesn't always settle for the jumpshot but when he does he has a pretty good mid range.

Unless your elite, being a good mid-range shooter means your team is relying on the lowest% shot in basketball.

They showed good chemistry last night against one of the best teams (cp3 or not) in the league and things should only become easier once they get more used to each other
Have you been watching us lately?

Stunner
02-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Should have got traded to Philly for Thad Young and J Rich/ Nick Young

Chronz
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
The Raptors don't have much clogging the paint, so the freeway to the rim is there w/ Gay and Lowry and Derozan. Derozan has improved to average from the perimeter, Lowry is a threat outside and in, Gay well lets just say w/ no Z-Bo or Gasol he's going to the rim w/ no hesitation.
Agreed on Gay, but DD? If Im an NBA coach Im definitely sending his man to help on Gay. He can really only space you out to the midrange area so its easy to recover for perimeter players, hes below average as an outlet option for other ball handlers. Its why I think Gay should play the 4 with their other perimeter prospect, forget his name right now.

John Walls Era
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM

When people give you space, you can also attack. Which Demar has been doing all season.

KniCks4LiFe
02-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Agreed on Gay, but DD? If Im an NBA coach Im definitely sending his man to help on Gay. He can really only space you out to the midrange area so its easy to recover for perimeter players, hes below average as an outlet option for other ball handlers. Its why I think Gay should play the 4 with their other perimeter prospect, forget his name right now.

but if you send his man to help out that's when the lob pass comes to Demar or Landry. Which is kind of what they want.

LAKobeBryant
02-02-2013, 05:52 PM
He likes Toronto. So its good for both teams

Chronz
02-02-2013, 06:25 PM
but if you send his man to help out that's when the lob pass comes to Demar or Landry. Which is kind of what they want.
Pass from whom? Gay? I think you overrate Gay's vision and playmaking ability. And sending help doesn't mean its a lob for the player whos left unguarded. It means hes shrinking the floor for his teammate.

If what you were saying were true, then why doesn't DD shoot a high% in set situations? Im looking at the tape right now and most of his set attempts are a result of his defender sagging off him (obviously) and Im not seeing too many of them lobs you speak of. Maybe Im not understanding what your saying.

I mean Bron and Wade attract more doubles than the players you mention, and when Bron has the ball teams completely disregard Wade's 3pt game, keep in mind these guys are ELITE playmakers/passers and even they get most of their lobs in transition not in halfcourt. So if these guys are barely connecting on lobs, what makes you think DD and Gay are going to do it better?

I think its more likely that whatever influence they have on each other is very minimal, which is actually an optimistic viewpoint from what Ive been seeing. Alot of people think they will cramp each others style but I think they can make it work with reasonable success. Just not seeing this jaugernaut of a team that you cant double.

Chronz
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
When people give you space, you can also attack. Which Demar has been doing all season.
When the defenses give you space and you take the lowest% shot in basketball, the defense has won. DD is decent 1 on 1 (tho by no means a guy Im aggressively gameplanning for), but off the ball? I could care less what he does off the bal, so you can understand why teams will sag off him to help on Gay. And if Gay is playing with DD and 2 nonshooting bigs, hes going to find it tougher than he would when hes playing the 4 alongside more shooters who occupy bodies.

KniCks4LiFe
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Pass from whom? Gay? I think you overrate Gay's vision and playmaking ability. And sending help doesn't mean its a lob for the player whos left unguarded. It means hes shrinking the floor for his teammate.

It's doesn't have to be lobs, bounce passes, lead passes, point is Gay would set Derozan for some easy buckets b/c Derozan can move w/o the ball.

If what you were saying were true, then why doesn't DD shoot a high% in set situations? Im looking at the tape right now and most of his set attempts are a result of his defender sagging off him (obviously) and Im not seeing too many of them lobs you speak of. Maybe Im not understanding what your saying.
DD is an average shooter, As for Gay's attempts, lets not act like in Memphis he had anyone that could go up and get it other than Arthur. Tony wasn't getting it, Z-Bo and him weren't really in sync, Gasol isn't that type. You're going to see a way different Rudy Gay in Toronto's open system.

I mean Bron and Wade attract more doubles than the players you mention, and when Bron has the ball teams completely disregard Wade's 3pt game, keep in mind these guys are ELITE playmakers/passers and even they get most of their lobs in transition not in halfcourt. So if these guys are barely connecting on lobs, what makes you think DD and Gay are going to do it better?

Perfect ex. once upon a time Wade and LeBron were iso playmakers. They didn't know how to run a 1/2 court set w/o the ball in their hands. Now look at them, and Wade had no 3pt shot and still has no real perimeter game to speak of. As of what is happen to Wade and LeBron, Wade is old in the body period. He's still athletic, but he's not what he use to be.

I think its more likely that whatever influence they have on each other is very minimal, which is actually an optimistic viewpoint from what Ive been seeing. Alot of people think they will cramp each others style but I think they can make it work with reasonable success. Just not seeing this jaugernaut of a team that you cant double.

I disagree. They won't be a jaugernaut but they'll be more effective and dangerous offensively.

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2013, 07:00 PM
At least Gay was "Professional" about it. nothing was leaked to the media about it until after the trade. If Gay spoke out about his frustrations in Memphis it would have lowered his value.

he didnt pull a Carmelo or D'Howard.

Hellcrooner
02-02-2013, 07:30 PM
good ridance for memphis.

now he can go and butt heads with lowry and derozan.

Chronz
02-02-2013, 07:56 PM
It's doesn't have to be lobs, bounce passes, lead passes, point is Gay would set Derozan for some easy buckets b/c Derozan can move w/o the ball.
Got it, dont see Gay being this great playmaker you seem to think he is. I mean your talking about a guy whos passes get picked off more often than he loses the ball in any other fashion. His passing turnovers per assist recorded are very poor. And they get worse when he doesn't have a PG on the floor with him.

DD is an average shooter,
Thats putting it nicely dont you think? Especially when you consider how little he stretches the floor and how little he can take advantage of set situations.

As for Gay's attempts,
You misunderstood, by DD I'm talking about Derozen's attempts when he is set and the ball swings his way.

lets not act like in Memphis he had anyone that could go up and get it other than Arthur. Tony wasn't getting it, Z-Bo and him weren't really in sync, Gasol isn't that type. You're going to see a way different Rudy Gay in Toronto's open system.
In terms of passing, I dont see why. Like you said, not just talking about lobs here.

Perfect ex. once upon a time Wade and LeBron were iso playmakers. They didn't know how to run a 1/2 court set w/o the ball in their hands. Now look at them, and Wade had no 3pt shot and still has no real perimeter game to speak of. As of what is happen to Wade and LeBron, Wade is old in the body period. He's still athletic, but he's not what he use to be.
Now Im lost, I love the example too, its why I made it. Iso playmakers? Not at all, they were PnR operaters on top of being isolation threats. And they arent really complimenting each others game despite both being better passers than DD/Gay. They are just so talented that they produce efficient team results, even if together their individual stats are suppressed.

I disagree. They won't be a jaugernaut but they'll be more effective and dangerous offensively.
Dangerous... jaugernaut . Lets us both stop with the generalizations. Essentially you feel both will be more efficient playing alongside each other yes? I can buy Gay because theres no posible way he contiues playing as poorly as he has all year, but DD has to improve his skillset significantly IMO.

But basically you think both will have career highs in efficiency right? And that Toronto's offense with both Gay and DD will fare better as a result. We'll see what happens but its going to take alot of time to revisit this. Put this one in the archives, we'll see what the team/individual results say at the end of the year. But they got off to a good start.

Im saving DD's outlet/cutting opportunities to see if they improve from here on out.

KnicksorBust
02-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Raptors are still irrelevant and now the Grizzlies are irrelevant.

Blitzbolt
02-02-2013, 08:02 PM
He was a bad fit in Memphis is that simple he wanted to be the guy and I don't blame him at all but it was clear from day 1 that Marc Gasol was the future and ZBO was the heart and soul of the team.

Rudy was like a really cool(and expensive) Accessory or luxury sure is nice to have it but you don't really need it.Same with Harden and OKC.

mzgrizz
02-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Prince was a good pick up for y'all. I like the trade considering Gay wanted out.

Prince is a great pick up. Rudy got tired of all the trade rumors which pointed to him as the odd man out , just like with OJ last year. except OJ apparently wanted to stay in Memphis back when. Rudy was widely blamed for the quicker exit this past spring in the Playoffs and I 'm sure he resented the HUGE crowd ovation for ZBo who was announced before each home game just prior to Rudy, and it looked to get the better of him. Nonetheless, I wish success for him and for the Grizzlies which will get better as a result of the trade.

mzgrizz
02-02-2013, 08:44 PM

Nah..........they'll have a love fest for awhile

mzgrizz
02-02-2013, 08:47 PM

:speechless:
I sure hope not!!!
We are returning more to what made us so good 2 years ago........or that's what I choose to think

mzgrizz
02-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Don't want to rag on Rudy but he was horrid in throwing the ball in from out of bounds and Hollins kept having him do it
Maybe the Raps coach will watch some tape on that

OceanSpray
02-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Not only does he like Toronto, you can tell the fans deeply enjoyed his presence. It was an awesome game to be honest. Lots of energy and they felt like a playoff team. DeRozan and Rudy Gay can carry this team to great heights. I hope Memphis suffers from this. They were my second favorite team, but what they did to Rudy Gay makes them one of the worst!

mzgrizz
02-02-2013, 09:05 PM
It's a business and Heisley WAY overpaid him. What was Rudy supposed to say? Don't give me the $$$$$ ?
One of them had to go and he was the most expendable.

rockbottom2010
02-02-2013, 09:08 PM
toronto is a sports city once again

bucketss
02-02-2013, 09:11 PM

still hating on players that take touches away from your fellow Spaniards lmao.

Hellcrooner
02-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Nah..........they'll have a love fest for awhile

he butted heads with Pau and mike Miller bout touches right away , being a spoiled rookie.
Now he was not happy having to share with zach and marc.

Love feast will last like 5 games, then he will butt heads there too.

KingPosey
02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Oh I saw this article, it was written by John Hollinger. I think it was titled "ya-huh I'm right"

Tmath
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
he butted heads with Pau and mike Miller bout touches right away , being a spoiled rookie.
Now he was not happy having to share with zach and marc.

Love feast will last like 5 games, then he will butt heads there too.

He is best friends with Lowry & is friends with DeMar, he has also most likely matured since then.

He was a bad fit in Memphis anyways because Gasol & Randolph clogged the lanes and the majority of the offense was run through the post limiting Rudy's game.

Tmath
02-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Oh I saw this article, it was written by John Hollinger. I think it was titled "ya-huh I'm right"

Yeah, probably to hide their image after blowing up the team.

xILLN355
02-02-2013, 10:19 PM
imagine if calderon was still on the raptors with rudy gay, wow crooner would have a brain aneurysm

Chronz
02-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Don't want to rag on Rudy but he was horrid in throwing the ball in from out of bounds and Hollins kept having him do it
Maybe the Raps coach will watch some tape on that

Is that right? Coaches usually do a good job of designating In-Bound passers. I remember Tmac getting praised for that in Toronto

mzgrizz
02-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Is that right? Coaches usually do a good job of designating In-Bound passers. I remember Tmac getting praised for that in Toronto

Seriously man; Hollins was crazy about Rudy and it would drive me nuts when he'd be the one throwing it in. I know the most dangerous player to watch is the one throwing in bounds(to take the shot) but he made too many bone headed moves in the past in those situations. I won't ever miss THAT about Rudy Gay

Eagles4Lyfe
02-02-2013, 11:23 PM

You can say that statement for every team basically, there are only like 4 or 5 teams in the league even relevant and elite level.

Thunder, Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Mavs(by default for their ring)

Those are the only 6 teams that have been relevant the past few years so I dont get the point in your statement.

3ballbomber
02-03-2013, 04:14 AM
for the life of me coudn't comprehend why Griz traded their leading scorer. this explains it all.

KnicksorBust
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
:speechless:
I sure hope not!!!
We are returning more to what made us so good 2 years ago........or that's what I choose to think

Trading your leading scorer in a salary dump does not usually improve situations. I know how well the Grizz did without him the year Randolph went off and you beat the Spurs but I do not see that type of magic happening again. Especially considering how valuable your coach was just saying Rudy Gay is to the team. Prince may have had a fun little debut but he is not the same player (on either end) that he was in the mid 2000s for the Pistons.

You can say that statement for every team basically, there are only like 4 or 5 teams in the league even relevant and elite level.

Thunder, Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Mavs(by default for their ring)

Those are the only 6 teams that have been relevant the past few years so I dont get the point in your statement.

Includes the Celtics (.500 team) and the Lakers (5 games under .500) but leaves out the Knicks (30-15 and tied for #1 seed in the East)... smells like baiting but could just be blissful ignorance. :)

My point is simple: trading for Rudy Gay and his big salary only ties the Raptors hands to a mediocre roster. That does not turn them into an "up and coming" team. I get that it might be difficult for the Raps to attract an all-star caliber player but I do not think that this was the right move for them. Especially when their frontcourt is still so shoddy and now they have two wings who like the ball and neither can really pass.

For the Grizzlies they were a top team in the West and looking to make some noise. That roster has been together for a long-time now and chemistry is a beautiful thing in the NBA. I could have seen them surprising teams in the playoffs. Being an "on the verge" team that trades their leading scorer makes little sense to me.

mzgrizz
02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
for the life of me coudn't comprehend why Griz traded their leading scorer. this explains it all.

Not sure what explained it for you, but let me try. Rudy didn't really fit with the success that came 2 years ago when he was out. Then ZBo was out and the verdict wasn't in until they all came back(the core). Yes we had success but Rudy apparently still wanted to be the #1 option and when he wasn't, night in and night out; he became less happy especially when he found out the FO was actively shopping him. We were all pretty surprised down here when he was traded after the Cavs trade, but that may have set up more value for him as he wasn't as productive or efficient as they wanted in our system. So we give up a less efficient athletic scorer for other guys that MAY give us much back. It will remain to be seen how smart the new Grizz FO truly is.
But Rudy ragging on his old teammates and wanting out is smokescreen for a hurt ego.