PDA

View Full Version : Remove the best player from each team, who meets in the finals? Opinions

LGhost
02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
See title...

Homer Pick - Bulls vs. Spurs

Y'all could do the final four or even the whole bracket as well, it'd be interesting...

MonroeFAN
02-02-2013, 09:22 AM
insufficient information.

king4day
02-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure we had the same exact discussion of a couple of months ago. I'd go Denver since it could be anybody on their team

Fla.SticKy
02-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Clippers & Indy or Chicago.......Clips playing great w/o CP3 their best player for a while now, and Indy has been playing well w/o ARGUABLY their best player in Granger all season! Chicago right behind Indy though as they too have also been w/o their superstar!

GottaLoveCubs
02-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Clippers & Indy or Chicago.......Clips playing great w/o CP3 their best player for a while now, and Indy has been playing well w/o ARGUABLY their best player in Granger all season! Chicago right behind Indy though as they too have also been w/o their superstar!

Clippers have been playing great?? They lost 4 in a row and then squeeked out wins against 2 mediocre teams and then got blown out bad a pretty bad raptors team.

CarmeloAnthony
02-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Nuggets imo.

TRF929
02-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Spurs and Pacers

mightybosstone
02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
This is actually a pretty intriguing thread. I'd go Clippers or Nuggets in the West and Pacers or Heat in the East. I'm actually a little surprised no one else has mentioned Miami. If you took away the No. 1 guy from every team in the league, Miami would arguably have two of the 10 best guys left in the league on the same team.

xxplayerxx23
02-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Miami vs the spurs

Mr_Amaziing
02-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Okc Thunder

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Sefo / Martin / Liggins
Sf- *Perry Jones / Lamb
Pf- Ibaka / Collison
C- Perkins / Thabeet

ChitownSports16
02-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Umm... Bulls. They what, 2~3 games back from 1st seed without there best player already?

Minimal
02-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Spurs and Miami still, maybe Bulls

HouRealCoach
02-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Miami but Dwight/Gasol/Nash with a different coach could be good but I'd say Miami & Denver

Ty_Lawson
02-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Umm... Bulls. They what, 2~3 games back from 1st seed without there best player already?

If you remove best player,and now best player in your Team is Boozer??
If you also remove him,you are not that good..

Lloyd Christmas
02-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I know this is a complete homer pick but the Warriors without Curry are still very solid.

Jack/Jenkins
Thompson/Jefferson
Barnes/Green
Lee/Landry
Bogut/Ezili/Biedrins

javsvt
02-02-2013, 12:38 PM
No way Miami makes it to the Finals without Lebron. I'd say Pacers vs LA (with different coach) or Spurs. Would love to say my Knicks, but they highly rely on Melo to score.

Blitzbolt
02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Lol the Heat easily.

mikekhelxD
02-02-2013, 12:56 PM

If you remove best player,and now best player in your Team is Boozer??
If you also remove him,you are not that good..

So if we remove Boozer right now and Rose comes back from the injury...

ManRam
02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Thunder, Bulls (Rose), Clippers, Pacers and Nuggets I think would be the primary contenders.

Ty_Lawson
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
So if we remove Boozer right now and Rose comes back from the injury...

He will not be 100% when he is back...so he is not best at this moment...

heyman321
02-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Lol the Heat easily.

Lmfao, the Heat without Lebron are eighth seed at best.

gotoHcarolina52
02-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Lol the Heat easily.

This.

allSUAVE
02-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Spurs bulls ill say too ..

Twins Fanatic
02-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Lmfao, the Heat without Lebron are eighth seed at best.

Most ridiculous thing I read this week; it's the East son, not the west.

TheSource
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Nash, Pau and Dwight with a new coach would be killer.

heyman321
02-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Most ridiculous thing I read this week; it's the East son, not the west.

No, "Heat easily" making the Finals without Lebron is the most ridiculous thing you read this week. They barely made the Finals last year until Lebron took over.

Lebron is still so underrated in terms of impact, it's kind of sad. We just take what he does for granted becasue he does it with such ease.

meloman1592
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Clippers (assuming billups stays healthy to guide Bledsoe) then probably Chicago or indi. Miami without bron is dookie

Ty_Lawson
02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
This is topic "remove best player" not add injured player or another coach...or is it? :S

mikekhelxD
02-02-2013, 02:59 PM
This is topic "remove best player" not add injured player or another coach...or is it? :S

Well, injured players are still on the roster.

Ty_Lawson
02-02-2013, 03:10 PM

active??

Fla.SticKy
02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
No, "Heat easily" making the Finals without Lebron is the most ridiculous thing you read this week. They barely made the Finals last year until Lebron took over.

Lebron is still so underrated in terms of impact, it's kind of sad. We just take what he does for granted becasue he does it with such ease.

x2.....Well said! Being a Celtics fan I hate the heat , but LBJ is the man! Everybody is complaining that he said he is underpayed, which he is! Compared to the market and what some guys are worth, there should be a different bracket for pay for him and KD!

Dade County
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Spurs, Denver or Clippers vs HEAT or bulls (playing with out rose already)

Guppyfighter
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Spurs or Nuggets out west.

The Bulls out east.

Dade County
02-02-2013, 03:52 PM

I'll try...

The HEAT difficulties last year playoffs were do to NBA = Entertainment, please try not to hold fake scripted basketball play to judge the HEAT.

Just look back to the playoffs before last and see what really would have happen, if the HEAT got the OK to turn it up... And Also look at the past finals, they beat OKC 4-1... Ask yourself, could Boston or the Pacers or any other team in the east have beaten OKC 4-1?

I know posters are just going to bash me, but I see that this league is fake, so I will not let other people change my view, that it isn't.

( I tried )

Guppyfighter
02-02-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll try...

The HEAT difficulties last year playoffs were do to NBA = Entertainment, please try not to hold fake scripted basketball play to judge the HEAT.

Just look back to the playoffs before last and see what really would have happen, if the HEAT got the OK to turn it up... And Also look at the past finals, they beat OKC 4-1... Ask yourself, could Boston or the Pacers or any other team in the east have beaten OKC 4-1?

I know posters are just going to bash me, but I see that this league is fake, so I will not let other people change my view, that it isn't.

( I tried )

God, this is so embarrassingly stupid. Boston beat you guys in the regular season as well. Reason? Because Kevin Garnett was ****ing taller and you guys could not stop him. The refs were not helping the Celtics or the Pacers and it was very obvious they were bad at their jobs as most calls went to Miami. Pacers were bigger and use their size. Big teams always give Miami trouble. Thunder could not stop the perimeter shooting (which pacers and celtics did well enough.) Lebron cut in, brought two defenders and found either miller or battier for wide open threes.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGTDBR2ye4

xxplayerxx23
02-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Wade is prob the best 2nd option in the league (westy maybe as well) and bosh is prob the best 3rd option. I think they would come out of the east.

Guppyfighter
02-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Wade is prob the best 2nd option in the league (westy maybe as well) and bosh is prob the best 3rd option. I think they would come out of the east.

He is not the best first option as Bosh is not the best second option.

DR_1
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Bulls vs Spurs

Stunner
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Obviously the Bulls best player is Jimmy Butler so the Bulls will still win it all

Sadds The Gr8
Miami vs Denver. If this were 2 weeks ago I would've said Memphis since they'd still have Gay.

can't believe so much ppl are saying Spurs. I don't think they're a playoff team w/o Parker

sportscrazy34
Denver vs Indiana

heyman321
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I'll try...

( I tried )

Dude you should be a comedian. Best joke I've read all week. Honestly, you're up there with Louis CK and George Carlin.

Guppyfighter
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Miami vs Denver. If this were 2 weeks ago I would've said Memphis since they'd still have Gay.

can't believe so much ppl are saying Spurs. I don't think they're a playoff team w/o Parker

This is because you don't watch the Spurs. They run the best sets in the NBA and have near flawless execution. They make ****** players into good role players.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Spurs only if you consider Parker as the best player. SA without Duncan wouldnt last.

Bulls or Pacers for East.

Lol at OKC. Without Durant, that team is a one and done. Shitbrick is not a leader.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Double post....

Sadds The Gr8
02-02-2013, 04:56 PM
This is because you don't watch the Spurs. They run the best sets in the NBA and have near flawless execution. They make ****** players into good role players.

lol how are you telling me who I don't watch? They'd have no PG to run the team....good luck with Gary Neal as your PG. If we're talking about Manu being 100% healthy then it's a different story, but his health is spotty.

mikekhelxD
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM

active??

Active and inactive players can be on either list on a game by game basis. Also, the question basically asks the roster in general.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-02-2013, 05:01 PM
lol how are you telling me who I don't watch? They'd have no PG to run the team....good luck with Gary Neal as your PG. If we're talking about Manu being 100% healthy then it's a different story, but his health is spotty.

You answered your own question. If Manu is healthy he is more than capable of running the offense. There was no mention of "if healthy" by the OP. Hell even NDC can run the offense, hes just not going to give you 20 ppg like Parker.

tredigs
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
The Nuggets are a top 8 team and if we asked people to take off their best player, nobody would know who to pick. That's easily the most potent team from a variety of positions. They'd smoke the Thunder without KD or the Spurs without Duncan (I still say he's the most important piece to their success). They'd probably play Chi in the Finals (taking out Rose as he will be back this season and likely be their best player once that happens).

Guppyfighter
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM

Watch the Spurs play. They are the most sound fundamental team in the league and they are completely fine when Neal runs the point. They are plus 60 when he is running the point in fact.

UKBronco58
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Nuggets/Spurs out west.

Bulls/Heat in the East.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Watch the Spurs play. They are the most sound fundamental team in the league and they are completely fine when Neal runs the point. They are plus 60 when he is running the point in fact.

I wouldnt go that far tbh. Neal plays the majority of his minutes with Manu Ginobili. Neal might bring the ball up court but its Manu who runs the offensive sets. Without Ginobili, Neal struggles at the point.

Stuckey#3
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Spurs and Miami still, maybe Bulls

White hot cracksmoke.

HoodedSB
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Spurs in the west, boston in the east. Mostly because lebron wouldn't be playing for the heat. Or the bulls, since they are doing so well w/out rose.

STA_PLAR
02-02-2013, 05:29 PM
I call the Bulls in the East because they are playing really well. However, they did lose to the sixers last year without Rose. We could blame some of that on lack of hope and effort last year.

Out West I would have to say Denver because they are deep. SA is good but I don't think POP's coaching only will suffice.

Guppyfighter
02-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I wouldnt go that far tbh. Neal plays the majority of his minutes with Manu Ginobili. Neal might bring the ball up court but its Manu who runs the offensive sets. Without Ginobili, Neal struggles at the point.

I was just talking about making the playoffs, though. If Neal ran the point you'd guys still make it.

Kashmir13579
02-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Bulls and Spurs

Fla.SticKy
02-02-2013, 06:37 PM
White hot cracksmoke.

Lmfao!!!!!

Schulte212
02-02-2013, 06:53 PM
I would be shocked if Miami even made the playoffs without LeBron.

IgglesFanInCO
02-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I honestly don't think the nuggets would drop off that much with a loss of Iggy(although you can also argue Gallo, Ty, or even Faried being their best player), not with Chandler being back shaking the rust off slowly

abe_froman
02-02-2013, 07:23 PM
maimi and spurs

torocan
02-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Spurs, Nuggets and possibly the Clippers out west.

Chicago (if you count Rose) and Pacers out east.

Dade County
02-02-2013, 08:59 PM
God, this is so embarrassingly stupid. Boston beat you guys in the regular season as well. Reason? Because Kevin Garnett was ****ing taller and you guys could not stop him. The refs were not helping the Celtics or the Pacers and it was very obvious they were bad at their jobs as most calls went to Miami. Pacers were bigger and use their size. Big teams always give Miami trouble. Thunder could not stop the perimeter shooting (which pacers and celtics did well enough.) Lebron cut in, brought two defenders and found either miller or battier for wide open threes.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGTDBR2ye4

Entertainment reasons... NBA = Entertainment

What better way to build up the playoff match-ups... More ratings... More gambling ( controlling the point spread...etc )

MONEY!

Dude you should be a comedian. Best joke I've read all week. Honestly, you're up there with Louis CK and George Carlin.

I tired, but everyone wants to believe that this is a joke

The NBA is fake...WWE Style

NBA-GMaster
02-03-2013, 03:00 AM
HEAT vs SPURS..

ThaDubs
02-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Warriors dude.

Baller1
02-03-2013, 05:14 AM
It'd still be OKC/Miami.

YouCan'tBeatLA
02-03-2013, 05:15 AM
It'd still be OKC/Miami.

Definitely not.

Guppyfighter
02-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Entertainment reasons... NBA = Entertainment

What better way to build up the playoff match-ups... More ratings... More gambling ( controlling the point spread...etc )

MONEY!

I tired, but everyone wants to believe that this is a joke

The NBA is fake...WWE Style

Too many small market teams are too high up.

Three of the top four west teams are small markets.

Shocking, I know. As a rigged sport both LA teams should be number one and the Knicks should be the best team every single year.

But I know you are trolling, and I am talking to you anyways. I know you would not be able to produce any evidence of actual rigging which is why I think you are dumb as a mother****er.

Baller1
02-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Definitely not.

Yeah it would, rather easily too.

Buckwheat
02-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Yeah it would, rather easily too.

Nah. The Heat without LeBron would struggle mightily against the current Pacers team.

Guppyfighter
02-03-2013, 05:34 AM
Yeah, Heat would lose to the Bulls or Pacers if they all lost their best player.

jayjay16
02-03-2013, 05:41 AM
Clippers VS the Knicks

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Lakers vs Heat.

They both have top 5 talent when healthy on the team without Howard and Lebron.

SugeKnight
02-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Clippers? Are you guys serious? Cp3 is the team. Same goes with okc and Miami. Take out Kd and Lebron and they are 1 and done.

I'm going with the bulls, spurs, warriors, nuggets, and pacers.

Guppyfighter
Lakers vs Heat.

lol The team that got outscored 21-6 to the Suns as soon as Howard got out?

Guppyfighter
Clippers? Are you guys serious? Cp3 is the team. Same goes with okc and Miami. Take out Kd and Lebron and they are 1 and done.

I'm going with the bulls, spurs, warriors, nuggets, and pacers.

Yeah, Clippers are contenders with CP3, without him, not so much.

ThaDubs
02-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Lakers vs Heat.

This is actually valid since Kobe is a cancer.