PDA

View Full Version : Is having a Jewish Commisioner a good thing?

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 01:55 AM
From a fans perspective, is having a Jewish Commisioner a good thing? Now I'm not being anti-semetic, but clearly things would be different if the commisioner came from a different background. Do you think Stern is solely focused on the business and expansion of the NBA, while leaving his current fans behind is his expenditure?

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Now I am not hating on Jews. I have many jewish friends. I want my lawyer to be jewish.

heyman321
02-01-2013, 01:58 AM
in b4 close

gwrighter
02-01-2013, 01:58 AM
you sir, are being an anti-semite, lol.

Edit: in b4 lock

SACNYY
02-01-2013, 02:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4XJCm3deQ

John Walls Era

Edit: in b4 lock

OT

in b4 close

This is a serious question. You can't tell me you never second guessed what Stern has done. He has done an AMAZING JOB if I was a shareholder of any product in the NBA. But as a fan, he has been average at best (which is a shame). I like Stern.

72 Wins
wow, just wow.

29$JerZ
You are just asking to be banned with that thinking and sig

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4XJCm3deQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q97YREWAhh8

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 02:02 AM
You are just asking to be banned with that thinking and sig

I LIKE JEWS!!!!

And ive seen worse sigs.

carter15
02-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Lol. Croon > JWE

zn23
02-01-2013, 02:03 AM

I don't know if youread history, but Jewish people are not Semitic... Semitic people are Ethiopians.

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Why are people implying that by using "Jewish" in the title, I am trying to be offensive. That makes you the anti-semite. Thanks for derailing the thread, jerks.

SACNYY
02-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Stern is horrible. The worst in sports history.

gwrighter
02-01-2013, 02:08 AM
I don't know if youread history, but Jewish people are not Semitic... Semitic people are Ethiopians.

Ethiopians can be Jewish too. Where's your source?

Mr_Jones
02-01-2013, 02:10 AM
you seem to have a stripper in your little sig area, sir.

gwrighter
02-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Why are people implying that by using "Jewish" in the title, I am trying to be offensive. That makes you the anti-semite. Thanks for derailing the thread, jerks.

Ok, would it make a difference? No, because the pursuit of profits woud have driven anybody else to do the same things.

zn23
Ethiopians can be Jewish too. Where's your source?

I think the Jewish people he's implying are the Khazarian descendants. Khazarian Jews immigrated to Israel hundred of years ago from Eastern Europe. They adopted the Hebrew language. But they are NOT Semitic.

ESaady
This will get closed not because of any anti semitism but because it involves religion.

smith&wesson
02-01-2013, 02:13 AM
I like stern I think he is a smart dude :hide:

chong2204
02-01-2013, 02:14 AM
Of course it would be better. Ideally, the League would be better if they had Borat in charge.

gwrighter
02-01-2013, 02:14 AM
I think the Jewish people he's implying are the Khazarian descendants. Khazarian Jews immigrated to Israel hundred of years ago from Eastern Europe. They adopted the Hebrew language. But they are NOT Semitic.

Ok, well you didn't answer my question, lol.

GodsSon
02-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Get used to it, Silver is next in line...

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 02:15 AM
This will get closed not because of any anti semitism but because it involves religion.

I didn't give a rats *** about Tebow praying to god, Lin thanking god or Ray Lewis crying and praying on the field. And those threads were never closed. Sorry but if anything my thread is a serious topic, those other threads were just about clowns and their savior.

Johann
02-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Its a good thing that only Jewish people like making money, or else this might be a bad thread :rolleyes:

LakersMaster24
02-01-2013, 02:19 AM
This is not taking me out of mein kampfort zone. Anne frankly, I do nazi this as anti-semitic.

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Its a good thing that only Jewish people like making money, or else this might be a bad thread :rolleyes:

Ummm thats only popular media belief. Also Judism is a religion that is not exclusive only to the North American Jews. There are black Jews, Asian Jews and obviously Middle Eastern jews. Making money isn't a belief in the Jewish Bible....

amos1er
02-01-2013, 02:22 AM
I am jewish and I can't stand Stern and all that he stands for. Being a greed piece of **** has nothing to do with being jewish. Why don't you go ask all the bankers on Wall Street, the Rockefellers, the Rothschild's, the Morgan's and all the other elite rich ****'s (all non jews) who **** all over this this country about what being a true greedy piece of **** is. Don't hate on the jews because they are successful. You all should be lucky to have jews in the US stimulating the economy and paying taxes which is more than most other immigrants do. Oh and in before lock.

Oh and why don't you go look at all the people who donate the most money during disasters like Hurricane Katrina. Most of the top donators are jews...other than Opera that is...lol So I don't get where people say that we are stingy...we give away the most money to good causes. WTF!!!

asandhu23
02-01-2013, 02:24 AM
wow. John Wall... what the **** are you doing? Did you get hacked? I think JWE got hacked.

LAcowBOMBER
02-01-2013, 02:27 AM
I didn't give a rats *** about Tebow praying to god, Lin thanking god or Ray Lewis crying and praying on the field. And those threads were never closed. Sorry but if anything my thread is a serious topic, those other threads were just about clowns and their savior.

Maybe you honestly don't get it, but saying he cares about the bottomline because he is Jewish is most certainly anti-semetic

Johann
02-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Ummm thats only popular media belief. Also Judism is a religion that is not exclusive only to the North American Jews. There are black Jews, Asian Jews and obviously Middle Eastern jews. Making money isn't a belief in the Jewish Bible....

Right, but you're asking if the NBA would be better off without a Jewish commissioner, because? Because he [a Jew] made it a money-making business.

You're making zero sense here.

LAcowBOMBER
02-01-2013, 02:31 AM
I am jewish and I can't stand Stern and all that he stands for. Being a greed piece of **** has nothing to do with being jewish. Why don't you go ask all the bankers on Wall Street, the Rockefellers, the Rothschild's, the Morgan's and all the other elite rich ****'s (all non jews) who **** all over this this country about what being a true greedy piece of **** is. Don't hate on the jews because they are successful. You all should be lucky to have jews in the US stimulating the economy and paying taxes which is more than most other immigrants do. Oh and in before lock.

You made sense for awhile then you got into some reverse racism. If people can't call Jewish people greedy without be ridiculed(I agree with the ridicule) then you can't make a blanket statement about Jewish people either, even if it is a positive one. My friend is Jewish and he is 28 and works at Target and lives with his parents. Blanket statements good or bad about race, religious groups, any groups of people are dumb

John Walls Era
02-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Right, but you're asking if the NBA would be better off without a Jewish commissioner, because? Because he made it a money-making business.

You're making zero sense here.

Morals + Ethics + Empathy with the fans. More than just money.

amos1er
02-01-2013, 02:34 AM
You made sense for awhile then you got into some reverse racism. If people can't call Jewish people greedy without be ridiculed(I agree with the ridicule) then you can't make a blanket statement about Jewish people either, even if it is a positive one. My friend is Jewish and he is 28 and works at Target and lives with his parents. Blanket statements good or bad about race, religious groups, any groups of people are dumb

It wasn't a blanket statement. I never said that all jews were successful, I meant that as a people, the majority of us are successful. Pound for pound we have done a lot since immigrating to the US. Oh and I apologize for the reverse racism. I am just a bit heated and I have had to hear stupid **** like this my whole life. I get a bit defensive at times.

JLynn943
02-01-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't see why having a Jewish commissioner is a bad thing :shrug: Stern has had his problems, but that's just him as an individual, not because he's Jewish.

I mean, in some sense the first part of your original post isn't totally illogical. Whoever is commissioner, as a person, is going to influenced by their background. But, you imply that he runs it like a business because he's Jewish. He actually runs it like a business because it's a business. Whatever point you're trying to make or question you're trying to ask is really unclear. It just sounds like you're stereotyping :shrug:

ombada
02-01-2013, 02:51 AM

The term Semite means a member of any of various ancient and modern Semitic-speaking peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including; Akkadians (Assyrians and Babylonians), Eblaites, Ugarites, Canaanites, Phoenicians (including Carthaginians), Hebrews (Israelites, Judeans and Samaritans), Ahlamu, Arameans, Chaldeans, Amorites, Moabites, Edomites, Hyksos, Ishmaelites, Nabateans, Maganites, Shebans, Sutu, Ubarites, Dilmunites, Bahranis, Maltese, Mandaeans, Sabians, Syriacs, Mhallami, Amalekites and Qedarites. It was proposed at first to refer to the languages related to Hebrew by Ludwig Schlözer, in Eichhorn's "Repertorium", vol. VIII (Leipzig, 1781), p. 161. Through Eichhorn the name then came into general usage (cf. his "Einleitung in das Alte Testament" (Leipzig, 1787), I, p. 45). In his "Geschichte der neuen Sprachenkunde", pt. I (Göttingen, 1807) it had already become a fixed technical term.[6]

The word "Semitic" is an adjective derived from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah in the Bible (Genesis 5.32, 6.10, 10.21), or more precisely from the Greek derivative of that name, namely Σημ (Sēm); the noun form referring to a person is Semite.
Map showing the distribution of Semitic languages

The concept of "Semitic" peoples is derived from Biblical accounts of the origins of the cultures known to the ancient Hebrews. Those closest to them in culture and language were generally deemed to be descended from their forefather Shem. Enemies were often said to be descendants of his cursed nephew, Canaan. In Genesis 10:21-31, Shem is described as the father of Aram, Ashur, and Arpachshad: the Biblical ancestors of the Ishmaelites, Aramaeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Chaldeans, Sabaeans, Hebrews and Qedarites, etc., all of whose languages are closely related; the language family containing them was therefore named "Semitic" by linguists. However, the Canaanites, Eblaites, Ugarites and Amorites also spoke languages belonging to this family, and are therefore also termed Semitic in linguistics, despite being described in Genesis as sons of Ham (See Sons of Noah). Shem is also described in Genesis as the father of Elam and Lud, however the Elamites spoke a language isolate and Lydians spoke an Indo-European language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic

BOOM!

ombada
02-01-2013, 02:53 AM
and I'm Jewish too, don't see how being Jewish is relevant to being a commissioner of a sports league.

Duncan = Donkey
02-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Better than having a black one

Seriously

Duncan = Donkey
02-01-2013, 03:02 AM
im obviously joking

naps
02-01-2013, 03:08 AM
What a terrible and immature thread! What the **** does Stern being the commissioner have to do anything with religion? This religious **** needs to be closed right now.

Sadds The Gr8
02-01-2013, 03:14 AM
JWE the Gawd

Tmath
02-01-2013, 03:22 AM
I hate everyone equally

Chronz
02-01-2013, 03:24 AM
LOL I dont think stereotyping is a good starting point. Lets just say if he was less interested in the business side, basketball may have never reached the highs it did but at the same time I feel he over did it with rampant expansion. And now the CBA looks like crap IMO.

Respect what hes done for the game, but it really is time for him to go.

Ebbs
02-01-2013, 03:24 AM
:laugh: JWE hacked? Or lost it?

Hawkeye15
02-01-2013, 03:42 AM
We are supposed to give reasons why we close threads.