PDA

View Full Version : LBJ and the dunk contest?

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2013, 12:22 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/31/lebron-james-dunk-contest-miami-heat-nba-all-star/1881525/

I'm sure some of you read this article. James said he'd have to get paid a million dollars to do the dunk contest, and some fan decided to try and get people to throw some money together.

LBJ's response? He still won't do it due to risk of injury.

I have an idea though. Perhaps James could be motivated to participate if fans were willing to contribute money to a charity of his choosing. I've always wanted to see James in the dunk contest, and I think raising money for a charity might be just the kind of motivation he needs to get in the dunk contest and give fans what they've wanted to see for years now.

Anybody care enough to see James in the dunk contest?

diu9leilomo
02-01-2013, 12:36 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/31/lebron-james-dunk-contest-miami-heat-nba-all-star/1881525/

I'm sure some of you read this article. James said he'd have to get paid a million dollars to do the dunk contest, and some fan decided to try and get people to throw some money together.

LBJ's response? He still won't do it due to risk of injury.

I have an idea though. Perhaps James could be motivated to participate if fans were willing to contribute money to a charity of his choosing. I've always wanted to see James in the dunk contest, and I think raising money for a charity might be just the kind of motivation he needs to get in the dunk contest and give fans what they've wanted to see for years now.

Anybody care enough to see James in the dunk contest?

I don't know if he should be in it, he will easily win with the votes

justinnum1
02-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Not worth it, he has nothing to gain from doing it.

LAcowBOMBER
02-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Lebron hammers down dunks in games and will do so in the all-star game also. How is injury his concern? I'm pretty sure he says that because he would look like a jerk if he said he didn't care (personally I think he shouldn't care and would have no problem with him saying that, but PSD would explode if he did lol)

BleedingGreen9
02-01-2013, 01:10 AM
has anyone ever got hurt during the dunk contest?

SACNYY
02-01-2013, 01:32 AM
This happens every year. We all know he scared.

AntiG
02-01-2013, 01:37 AM
i just want to see James White participate.

oak2455
02-01-2013, 01:41 AM

Nope this is comedy .... How bout give him a million and donate it LBJ?

*Silver&Black*
02-01-2013, 01:51 AM
I really don't see why people are excited to see him in one of these. He has never shown that he is the creative dunk type. Just a power slam guy in game, nothing that a JR Smith, Josh Smith, or Iggy has shown early in their careers/previous dunk contests. Maybe he makes these excuses (more money, etc) because he knows this. He won't do it, because what if he loses?

rockbottom2010
02-01-2013, 02:13 AM

tony dumas back in 94 or 96

Lakers + Giants
02-01-2013, 03:05 AM

He has a lot to lose though, in his eyes.

WickedBadMan
02-01-2013, 03:06 AM
The dunk contest sucks these days anyway, over produced and poorly designed for the viewer. Everyone knows people would be at least 100x more excited for 1 on 1 / 2 on 2.

That said, every "best player in the league" in recent memory has done the dunk contest, and he doesn't do it because he is a ***** - not because he is afraid of injury.

The goods
02-01-2013, 03:30 AM
I really don't see why people are excited to see him in one of these. He has never shown that he is the creative dunk type. Just a power slam guy in game, nothing that a JR Smith, Josh Smith, or Iggy has shown early in their careers/previous dunk contests. Maybe he makes these excuses (more money, etc) because he knows this. He won't do it, because what if he loses?

This says it all, but he'd win just off his name alone.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2013, 03:34 AM
the best in game dunkers have ducked this forever. How is this new?

shep33
02-01-2013, 03:42 AM
He's totally a game dunker. Best player in the NBA and it's not even close, but in terms of dunking other guys are more creative

shep33
02-01-2013, 03:46 AM
If Lebron doesn't want to do it, who cares, he doesn't have to. Not a big deal imo.

Lets be a bit honest with ourselves, the best players in the game, like superstar talent, aren't the best dunkers in the NBA. The contest sucks anyways lol. The only guy I want to see is James White

jaydubb
02-01-2013, 04:11 AM
He's totally a game dunker. Best player in the NBA and it's not even close, but in terms of dunking other guys are more creative

I totally agree with this. I remember that year shannon brown went to the contest He was being hyped so much, man he got mad ups. Without any creativity he failed to win over fans in the contest. I think the same will go with LBJ, guy has crazy hops but not as much creativity as others and I'm pretty sure he knows it, otherwise he would of gone in the dunk contest years ago when he first put his name in..

LAcowBOMBER
02-01-2013, 04:48 AM
The dunk contest sucks these days anyway, over produced and poorly designed for the viewer. Everyone knows people would be at least 100x more excited for 1 on 1 / 2 on 2.

That said, every "best player in the league" in recent memory has done the dunk contest, and he doesn't do it because he is a ***** - not because he is afraid of injury.

Kobe, MJ, Dominique, and VC were in it, but was Durant, Shaq, Duncan, Rose, Deron, Dirk, or Paul? That statement really doesn't seem true to me, especially because Kobe wasn't even near best in the league when he did it.

KingPosey
02-01-2013, 05:00 AM
All you guys saying LBJ doesn't want to admit he doesn't care because it would look bad are missing it big time. He has never done it because he is terrified of losing the thing. The only dunk contest he has done, he wasn't near what anyone was expecting. He has always been a great in game dunker, and always been very afraid of getting the short end when it comes to "losing". Remember the dunk video he vetoed, which wasn't even that bad to begin with?

KingPosey
02-01-2013, 05:02 AM
Kobe, MJ, Dominique, and VC were in it, but was Durant, Shaq, Duncan, Rose, Deron, Dirk, or Paul? That statement really doesn't seem true to me, especially because Kobe wasn't even near best in the league when he did it.

Who the **** has wanted to see Dirk, Shaq, Deron, or Paul In a dunk contest?

It used to be a right of passage with big name, big talent jumpers. Players are too afraid to lose now a days.

LAcowBOMBER
02-01-2013, 05:27 AM
Who the **** has wanted to see Dirk, Shaq, Deron, or Paul In a dunk contest?

It used to be a right of passage with big name, big talent jumpers. Players are too afraid to lose now a days.

I was saying it in response to the statement that "the best players in the game" have done it. Lebron could have done it in his first three years and would have won it off of his name and his ability. There are also a lot of contests recently that he would have won easily. He could certainly beat Blake, Dwight, or Nate in a dunk contest. I don't think he is scared. I really think he just doesn't care enough to participate.

hidalgo
02-01-2013, 06:16 AM
i just want to see James White participate.you & me both, but i wonder if he can still dunk at his best

OceanSpray
02-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Once again, the haters keep on hating!
If LeBron was scared, he wouldn't be playing in the NBA.
The reason he isn't doing it is because he has more important objectives to focus on.
No one takes the dunk contest seriously and it has been that way for nearly 5 years.
For those saying he can't win it just by dunks, you're wrong. Blake Griffin won it and he's more of a power dunker, like James. McGee should've won that dunk contest. It's all about fan voting and if there aren't any other big names like LeBron, he will win. C'mon, Jeremy Evans can do a VC impostor dunk and still lose because no one cares enough to vote for Jeremy Evans!

I hate these questions because every time LeBron does something, people are quick to hate. If LeBron does somehow get injured, people are going to criticize him for participating and putting himself at risk. The guy can never satisfy you all.

You guys wonder why those big name players don't do it? Because they can have their contracts revoked if they are seriously injured and can't play.

Even though it may have not happened before, with James playing heavy minutes, it's not essential for him to go out there and risk anything.

I'd be happy with:

-Shannon Brown(assuming he actually tries)
-Gerald Green
-Russell Westbrook
-DeRozan
-Blake Griffin

justinnum1
02-01-2013, 11:50 AM
dunk contest is a joke

LongIslandIcedZ
02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
James White should be in it. Best dunker in the game today, unfortunately he isnt too good at anything else.

ManRam
02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
He should do it at least once.

But I think at this point he thinks that stuff is 100% unimportant...and the risk isn't worth it.

:(

And I don't care how great James White or people like him are...I'll take any superstar over those guys any day.

Eagles710
02-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Listen, NOT SAYING LEBRON CANT DUNK!! i love lebron best all around player in the nba period. BUT besides his signature dunk.... what else do you really see him do in game? never seen some kinda reverse 360 etc ... you see power dunks from him.... i honestly dont think he is a creative dunker

todu82
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
He's a great player. Wouldn't mind seeing him participate in this event just once.

kdspurman
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
He has a lot to lose though, in his eyes.

I tend to think (this is just my personal opinion) that he's afraid of losing. I mean risk of injury? If that's the case then all those in game dunks he does he should tone down so he doesn't get injured, maybe not get up as high so he doesn't risk coming down awkwardly.

I don't think he has to do it, and it's not a big deal. But I just don't fully buy the risk of injury excuse.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Nope this is comedy .... How bout give him a million and donate it LBJ?

Who says he wouldn't donate it?

It's not like Lebron is demanding the $1 million. He was asked if he would do it for a $1 million and he said yes.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM

They were really early in their careers when they did it.

The NBA typically takes young players in the dunk contest (with the exception of a couple of players here and there).

Raps18-19 Champ
02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
If Lebron doesn't want to do it, who cares, he doesn't have to. Not a big deal imo.

Lets be a bit honest with ourselves, the best players in the game, like superstar talent, aren't the best dunkers in the NBA. The contest sucks anyways lol. The only guy I want to see is James White

This. I want to see the best dunkers, not the best overall players.

People ***** how last year's contest sucked. If you take superstars, they'd probably have a worse to similar outing.

ghettosean
02-01-2013, 02:06 PM

No...

But he's just making a new excuse like he does every year... I wonder how many people will buy this excuse.

Devster3
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Can someone PLEASE tell me how LBJ is going to get hurt dunking on an open rim? He doesn't get hurt doing it in games? Why not throw down some nasty dunks give the fans what they want? If he gets hurt dunking in the contest then he deserved it cuz he should be doing it and giving money to charity at the same time.

Fact is he probably would get a million dollars from a network if he was going to dunk!

LBJ get your head out or your bum hole and just do 3 sweet dunks, win or lose. We don't expect you to jump from the free throw line like MJ. Just some sick windmills or an ally pop over a toyota tundra, no kia optima's this time!

haha

ghettosean
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM

Like Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant and others he can gain a trophy that he doesn't have like they did and maybe even more respect from the NBA fan base.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-01-2013, 02:27 PM

No. lebron is just scared because he knows he can't win with his patented single dunk.

Sly Guy
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
he'd win cuz of his name only. I don't believe LBJ to be as creative or experimental of a dunker as would be necessary to win by merit. That being said, if the rest of the field is made of names like Terrence Ross, or Gerald Green, it's best he stays out in the name of competitive balance.

Stupid casual fans who buy into the whole 'stars are better cuz I know their names beforehand'

justinnum1
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Like Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant and others he can gain a trophy that he doesn't have like they did and maybe even more respect from the NBA fan base.

Isn't it obvious by now lebron can care less about winning the dunk contest. You are the first person on PSD I have seen mention kobe winning the dunk contest. I can't think of a more forgettable award.

OceanSpray
02-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Why are you guys complaining that LeBron isn't doing it when no all star player did it last year? You guys are just haters. Stop finding someone to blame because the dunk contest sucks. People saying LeBron is scared are obvious Kobe fans. No one in their right mind at this point in NBA takes the dunk contest seriously.

Matrix3132
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Honestly, the dunk contest was only good before youtube and I guess before youtube it was ruined by those And 1 mix tapes. After that people realized that dunking has nothing to do with being a good basketball player and very few of the best dunkers in the world are in the nba, its a skill set that relies purely on athleticism and nothing to do with having the all around game needed to be in the nba.

The truth is, on any given night, there's hundreds of players playing pick up games all around the world that can dunk as good as most nba players and once you are aware of that, watching lebron throw it down on a break isn't all that impressive anymore.

But I was thinking....

Anyone else think they should do a dunk contest WITHOUT nba players, have the BEST dunkers in the world and let the nba players sit back and watch a good show?

Might be the best/only way to save the contect and might actually make nba players more interested.

Stunner
02-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Jimmy butler , terrance ross, jeremy evans and james white !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stunner
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Actually the only reason Lebron James should do it is because he promised the fans he would do it publicly . We all know Lebron has done a nice job rebuilding his image since the whole villain role . Him doing this would make him more money and make him look good. Its a win win.

OceanSpray
02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Actually the only reason Lebron James should do it is because he promised the fans he would do it publicly . We all know Lebron has done a nice job rebuilding his image since the whole villain role . Him doing this would make him more money and make him look good. Its a win win.

How much money is the question. Not enough for him to even put his jersey and go out there.

Stunner
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
How much money is the question. Not enough for him to even put his jersey and go out there.

do you know how much he would get if he wins which im sure he would from endorsements ? look at Blake Griffin

bmxrider9
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Actually the only reason Lebron James should do it is because he promised the fans he would do it publicly

Lebron promised the city of Cleveland he would bring them a championship to......so hes clearly not good at fulfilling promises. Also, he did a dunk contest in high-school. He won but only because the event was in Cleveland. Shannon Brown should have beat him. He's the best player in the NBA but is just not a creative dunker. It is what it is.

OceanSpray
02-01-2013, 03:31 PM
do you know how much he would get if he wins which im sure he would from endorsements ? look at Blake Griffin

Endorsements? People already know who LeBron is. There is no possible endorsement deal that he can't get. I knew you were going to say endorsements. For a player who just began, yes, endorsements. For a player who has been the most marketable for years now, no, he's already gotten the offers.

Stunner
02-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Endorsements? People already know who LeBron is. There is no possible endorsement deal that he can't get. I knew you were going to say endorsements. For a player who just began, yes, endorsements. For a player who has been the most marketable for years now, no, he's already gotten the offers.

Lebron winning the dunk contest getting money >>>>>>>> Blake winning

Money is money you can never have enough of it whatever stage you're in your career. And i gave other reasons why it would be good as well. Its a good PR move after he promised in front of millions that he would do it and he didnt do it.

OceanSpray
02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Lebron winning the dunk contest getting money >>>>>>>> Blake winning

Money is money you can never have enough of it whatever stage you're in your career. And i gave other reasons why it would be good as well. Its a good PR move after he promised in front of millions that he would do it and he didnt do it.

The best PR move was when he won a ring.

As far as endorsements go, you don't understand that LeBron already has all the endorsements. It's not about more money, yes, he could get more money. It's the fact that he's an established star who doesn't need the dunk contest to grab endorsements. Everyone knows what LeBron can do already. He's already endorsing Sprite and many others.

Lakers + Giants
02-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I tend to think (this is just my personal opinion) that he's afraid of losing. I mean risk of injury? If that's the case then all those in game dunks he does he should tone down so he doesn't get injured, maybe not get up as high so he doesn't risk coming down awkwardly.

I don't think he has to do it, and it's not a big deal. But I just don't fully buy the risk of injury excuse.

That's exactly it. He's ashamed/scared of losing. He should do it for entertainment though, it's not like losing will make anyone think any less of him.

OceanSpray
02-01-2013, 04:07 PM
You guys don't seem to get it.

He gets injured in game=his contract is intact.
He gets injured for any doing such as the Olympics or a pickup game, he can have his contract terminated.

Coming from the public, yes, we want to see it. Think inside LeBron's shoes.. Why would he wear himself out to compete in a dunk contest?

He should do it for the public? You mean the same ones who burned his jersey... Yeah, makes a lot of sense.

jazzyjake
02-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Lebron isn't ultra competitive.

Some players with his ability would kill to compete so they have have that on their resume, like MJ, Kobe, Dr J etc...
Lebron tbf isn't a creative dunker but Kobe isnt either and he still participated. MJ could really hang but i don't think he had the creativity of Vince Carter or even Dr J imo yet he still participated.

jazzyjake
02-01-2013, 04:10 PM

He gets injured for any doing such as the Olympics or a pickup game, he can have his contract terminated.

Coming from the public, yes, we want to see it. Think inside LeBron's shoes.. Why would he wear himself out to compete in a dunk contest?

He should do it for the public? You mean the same ones who burned his jersey... Yeah, makes a lot of sense.

What about when Mj did it, or Kobe, or Vince? Can't they get injured too?
What a lame excuse. Just face it, he cant be bothered. He has his ring and there is nothing much else for him to show fans.

OceanSpray
02-01-2013, 04:12 PM
What about when Mj did it, or Kobe, or Vince? Can't they get injured too?
What a lame excuse. Just face it, he cant be bothered. He has his ring and there is nothing much else for him to show fans.

No, they can't get injured too because the rule was just made years ago. Shows how dumb the majority of users are over here. You don't even know anything, just stop it.

This explains why a ton of all star players don't participate these days. It's simply not worth the risk. The rule became intact because many team management operators were skeptical of their stars participating in the USA Olympics because there were reports of players getting injured such as Blake Griffin. It's to protect the owners from any wrongdoing that doesn't benefit the team.

sammyvine
02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
No, they can't get injured too because the rule was just made years ago. Shows how dumb the majority of users are over here. You don't even know anything, just stop it.

This explains why a ton of all star players don't participate these days. It's simply not worth the risk. The rule became intact because many team management operators were skeptical of their stars participating in the USA Olympics because there were reports of players getting injured such as Blake Griffin. It's to protect the owners from any wrongdoing that doesn't benefit the team.
I doubt he will injure himself in a dunk contest. Player before have been fine, guys doing crazy dunks like Griffin and Carter.
But in fairness who is in the league who is a legit star that can compete in the dunk contest.

CP3 LOL
Kobe - Already done it
DRose - He isnt really a dunker, although he may do it in time likewise Westbrook
Griffin - Already competed
Carmelo - LOL can he even dunk anymore?
D-Wade - I think he is like D-Rose in not sure he can really dunk to a 'dunk contest level'
Howard - Already done it.
so basically most of the stars in the game today are not worthy dunk contest participators or have already been in the contest already.

Only really Westbrook and Rose really are todays stars who can be in the contest and may put on show. Anyway Lebron if he was going to do it, should have done it years ago when he was young and maybe the pressure would have been less.

AntiG
02-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Kurt Thomas and Jason Kidd should do it.

LAcowBOMBER
02-03-2013, 03:53 AM

Pretty sure the NBA won't let his contract get terminated if he is in an NBA event. Also his contract would not be terminated unless it was a career ending injury, which would not happen in a dunk contest. He could tear his ACL and the Heat would not cut him because they would want the best player in the NBA back in a year. NO WAY IN HELL would any NBA team terminate Lebron's contract and I really am not even sure they could since it is an NBA sponsored event

It is not exhausting for Lebron to throwdown down 6 or 8 dunks. He is a physical freak and it wouldn't even be exhausting to a lesser athlete

No, not for that public for the million of Heat fans and the million more people that are strictly fans of Lebron

I think him not wanting to do it is enough reason to not do it, but the reasons you listed are ridiculous

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 03:33 PM
bro its a rite of passage...Dr.j ,Connie Hawkins, Larry Nance,Dominque, Jordan, Vince Carter ,Kobe, DHoward..i can go on. If you havent noticed all great dunkers did it . Im not saying he should but dont get mad when people say to he and his fans..YOUR NOT GREAT! All The Greats Somehow Participated in Either The Slam Dunk Contest OR The 3 Point Shootout IF THATS WHAT THEY DID AS A PLAYER. Its like some fans want the guy to be good,but dont want him to walk through the fire to get to heaven,to put it like Dan Gilbert did. Its like you guys want this guy to entertain you with a fear of knowing he is mentally frail so no one to disagrees with the guy or tell him the truth. I think James is too old now. I dont want to see him . Me myself i think he doesnt believe in himself like some of his fans do. I think he isnt creative enough. I think Vince Carter took the contest to outer space and James knows that and he feels like he has to do something better than everyone that has ever done it. To me this is another point to why i dont think the guy is as great as people think. He thinks people want him to jump over the moon and dunkwhen realistically all people want is the "best player " to dunk like as if he is in a layup line. Im not mad about it but i will not make excuses for the guy...for all his GREATNESS he sure doesnt do alot. ROSE 2014 takes over the NBA PART 2

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 03:38 PM
and really 28 isnt old..he is at his peak..this may be the best james gets
..he can jump no higher. run no faster...he isnt at decline yet...so he can do the contest. but i dont wanna see him ... i dont wanna beg no dude to do what he already does,esp if he doesnt want to. he dont want to lose,nor does he care about his fans...for atleast 7 years people have begged this dude..and he declined...all the shoes ppl buy and he cant entertain us...why? his brand? his ego? what hooper doesnt want to win the dunk contest? think about it.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-03-2013, 04:02 PM

didnt stop him from the olympics did it?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-03-2013, 04:03 PM
stop making excuses bro you no even you wanna see it just because ure on his sack your playing blind to it

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
stop making excuses bro you no even you wanna see it just because ure on his sack your playing blind to it

No im old school bro...I go off HEART AND TALENT. I DISLIKE THINGS ABOUT JORDAN AS FAR AS HE SELLING EXPENSIVE SHOES TO POOR KIDS..CAUSING VIOLENCE TO GO UP IN CHICAGO. I DISLIKE JAMES STATUS BC HIS FANS MAKE HIM INTO A GOD W/O FLAWS. THE GUY DID SOO MANY THINGS WRONG AS FAR AS TEAMMATES IN CLEVLAND , AS FAR AS THE DECISION, AS FAR AS HIM TALKING ABOUT THE SHIPS HE WAS GOING TO WIN WITHOUT WINNING THEM
...OH LETS NOT FORGET" THE LIE" HIM GETTING ON TV LYING LIKE HE WS GOING TO DO IT.. I WAS DOWN WITH IT, BUT HE RENIGGED. LETS GO TO THE FLOPPING HE AND WADE HELPED COME TO THE FORE FRONT.. IT WAS SOO BAD THE NBA TV SPONSORS WAS REPLAYING IT OVER AND OVER AFTER HE AND WADE WOULD DO IT.
WE CAN TALK ABOUT HIM WALIKNG OFF THE COURT NOT SHAKING HANDS AFTER BEING BEATEN IN THE PLAYOFFS.

SO YOU CAN SAY PPL ARE HATING,BUT AS A HUMAN BEING ,JAMES IS LOOKING BAD AS A PERSON. IDK HIM BUT HE ISNT ABOUT THE FANS..IE HE LEFT CLEVLAND ...HIS HOME..HIS FANS FROM THE 7th GRADE ON..SO WHEN YOU SAY PPL ARE ON HIS NUTS YOUR MAKING EXCUSES..SOME PEOPLE LOOK AT CHARACTER...AND CHARACTER IS A MAJOR ATTRIBUTE USED TO DECIDE WHO IS WHO .

SeoulBeatz
02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
lol so many excuses, he's obviously scared of hurting his rep.

lebron, your the most athletic freak in the league. there's nothing to be afraid of. but these excuses are lame and pretty transparent.

ATX
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
No im old school bro...I go off HEART AND TALENT. I DISLIKE THINGS ABOUT JORDAN AS FAR AS HE SELLING EXPENSIVE SHOES TO POOR KIDS..CAUSING VIOLENCE TO GO UP IN CHICAGO. I DISLIKE JAMES STATUS BC HIS FANS MAKE HIM INTO A GOD W/O FLAWS. THE GUY DID SOO MANY THINGS WRONG AS FAR AS TEAMMATES IN CLEVLAND , AS FAR AS THE DECISION, AS FAR AS HIM TALKING ABOUT THE SHIPS HE WAS GOING TO WIN WITHOUT WINNING THEM
...OH LETS NOT FORGET" THE LIE" HIM GETTING ON TV LYING LIKE HE WS GOING TO DO IT.. I WAS DOWN WITH IT, BUT HE RENIGGED. LETS GO TO THE FLOPPING HE AND WADE HELPED COME TO THE FORE FRONT.. IT WAS SOO BAD THE NBA TV SPONSORS WAS REPLAYING IT OVER AND OVER AFTER HE AND WADE WOULD DO IT.
WE CAN TALK ABOUT HIM WALIKNG OFF THE COURT NOT SHAKING HANDS AFTER BEING BEATEN IN THE PLAYOFFS.

SO YOU CAN SAY PPL ARE HATING,BUT AS A HUMAN BEING ,JAMES IS LOOKING BAD AS A PERSON. IDK HIM BUT HE ISNT ABOUT THE FANS..IE HE LEFT CLEVLAND ...HIS HOME..HIS FANS FROM THE 7th GRADE ON..SO WHEN YOU SAY PPL ARE ON HIS NUTS YOUR MAKING EXCUSES..SOME PEOPLE LOOK AT CHARACTER...AND CHARACTER IS A MAJOR ATTRIBUTE USED TO DECIDE WHO IS WHO .

:facepalm: *Reneged

:facepalm: The rest of the post.

SeoulBeatz
02-03-2013, 05:26 PM
:facepalm: *Reneged

:facepalm: The rest of the post.

lmao i hope that was accidental

bostonrules37
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
million $? why he doesnt make enough, what a joke i wouldnt donate a penny to see him in the dunk contest

CavsYanksDuke
02-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Honestly, there really isn't much else left to do in the dunk contest. There are no origi al dunks it seems.

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 05:44 PM
renigged ..its a card term..its a bad term...its renigged...its a racist term at the roots.
you can say what you say,but the dude got on tv and lied. what else is there to say ?

LAcowBOMBER
02-03-2013, 05:45 PM
bro its a rite of passage...Dr.j ,Connie Hawkins, Larry Nance,Dominque, Jordan, Vince Carter ,Kobe, DHoward..i can go on. If you havent noticed all great dunkers did it . Im not saying he should but dont get mad when people say to he and his fans..YOUR NOT GREAT! All The Greats Somehow Participated in Either The Slam Dunk Contest OR The 3 Point Shootout IF THATS WHAT THEY DID AS A PLAYER. Its like some fans want the guy to be good,but dont want him to walk through the fire to get to heaven,to put it like Dan Gilbert did. Its like you guys want this guy to entertain you with a fear of knowing he is mentally frail so no one to disagrees with the guy or tell him the truth. I think James is too old now. I dont want to see him . Me myself i think he doesnt believe in himself like some of his fans do. I think he isnt creative enough. I think Vince Carter took the contest to outer space and James knows that and he feels like he has to do something better than everyone that has ever done it. To me this is another point to why i dont think the guy is as great as people think. He thinks people want him to jump over the moon and dunkwhen realistically all people want is the "best player " to dunk like as if he is in a layup line. Im not mad about it but i will not make excuses for the guy...for all his GREATNESS he sure doesnt do alot. ROSE 2014 takes over the NBA PART 2

If Lebron put on a cape and jumped over the hood of a Geo Metro he would win that contest. I don't even like Lebron, but the hate for him in this thread is pretty ridiculous. I guess since he is clearly the best player in the league and his real game doesn't leave much to be criticized that people will cling to anything.

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 06:05 PM
If Lebron put on a cape and jumped over the hood of a Geo Metro he would win that contest. I don't even like Lebron, but the hate for him in this thread is pretty ridiculous. I guess since he is clearly the best player in the league and his real game doesn't leave much to be criticized that people will cling to anything.

there is no hate..idk the guy..but if hate is someone telling you were youre wrong ,and its actually legit ...then the people who are saying im hating must not be good people or have common sense..bc most were raised to do certain things,some of which he hasnt done. IM from chicago..im glad he went to miami bc theyre not going to be able to keep that team together...so ill give a ship to see the bulls come up eventually.im talking on a whole other level. im talking on a level of a REAL COMPETITOR AND A HUMAN. I wished he wouldve joined the dunk contest,but he lied ...am i hating for calling him a liar when he lied ? he was all geeked when he answered,but what happened ? he was busy? but he is gonna go play a glorified pick up game? DO YOU FEEL ME ? There is no hate but as a fan of the game IN GENERAL ...dude leaves alot to be disired as a person . the first thing ppl talk and lol about, is a star getting on TV and lying ..He isnt oNLY lying to the inteviewer he is LYING to everyone watching. So me being a fan of the game who sat back and watched this guy lie after lie;disrespectful act after act ,is now supose to clap for this guy,and im a hater? i guess im a hater . What i call character is what i think what make Stars, makes them ELITE ...The fact they wanna DOMINATE and put their NAME ALL OVER THE RECORD BOOKS AND FOLLOW PAST GREATS AND ACCOMPLISH THE SAME FEATS. I HATED KARL MALONE, BUT I THINK HE IS A GREAT PLAYER... I DISLIKE JAMES DUE TO HIS EGO BEING IMO FRAIL... THIS IS NOT HATING JAMES BC HE PLAYS FOR MIAMI...I JUST HATE PUNK *** *****ES..POINT BLANK. AND HE ISNT A COMPETITOR,AND HIS FANS ARENT EITHER> AND I DONT MEAN HIS FANS IN MIAMI(THEY SHOULD CHEER)

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM

there is no hate..idk the guy..but if hate is someone telling you were youre wrong ,and its actually legit ...then the people who are saying im hating must not be good people or have common sense..bc most were raised to do certain things,some of which he hasnt done. IM from chicago..im glad he went to miami bc theyre not going to be able to keep that team together...so ill give a ship to see the bulls come up eventually.im talking on a whole other level. im talking on a level of a REAL COMPETITOR AND A HUMAN. I wished he wouldve joined the dunk contest,but he lied bro...am i hating for calling him a liar when he lied ? he was all geeked when he answered,but what happened ? he was busy? but he is gonna go play a glorified pick up game? DO YOU FEEL ME ? There is no hate but as a fan of the game IN GENERAL ...dude leaves alot to be disired as a person . the first thing ppl talk and lol about is a star getting on TV and lying ..He isnt oNLY lying to the inteviewer he is LYING to everyone watching. So me being a fam of the game who sat back and watch this guy lie after lie;disrespectful act after act ,is supose to clap for this guy,and im a hater? i guess im a hater . What i call character is what i think what make Stars, makes them ELITE ...The fact they wanna DOMINATE and put their NAME ALL OVER THE RECORD BOOKS AND FOLLOW PAST GREATS AND ACCOMPLISH THE SAME FEATS. I HATED KARL MALONE, BUT I THINK HE IS A GREAT PLAYER... I DISLIKE JAMES DUE TO HIS EGO BEING IMO FRAIL... THIS IS NO HATE JAMES BC HE PLAYS FOR MIAMI...I JUST HATE PUNK *** *****ES..POINT BLANK. AND HE ISNT A COMPETITOR,AND HIS FANS ARENT EITHER>

Zefflin
02-03-2013, 06:08 PM
what a joke

LAcowBOMBER
02-03-2013, 06:29 PM
there is no hate..idk the guy..but if hate is someone telling you were youre wrong ,and its actually legit ...then the people who are saying im hating must not be good people or have common sense..bc most were raised to do certain things,some of which he hasnt done. IM from chicago..im glad he went to miami bc theyre not going to be able to keep that team together...so ill give a ship to see the bulls come up eventually.im talking on a whole other level. im talking on a level of a REAL COMPETITOR AND A HUMAN. I wished he wouldve joined the dunk contest,but he lied bro...am i hating for calling him a liar when he lied ? he was all geeked when he answered,but what happened ? he was busy? but he is gonna go play a glorified pick up game? DO YOU FEEL ME ? There is no hate but as a fan of the game IN GENERAL ...dude leaves alot to be disired as a person . the first thing ppl talk and lol about is a star getting on TV and lying ..He isnt oNLY lying to the inteviewer he is LYING to everyone watching. So me being a fam of the game who sat back and watch this guy lie after lie;disrespectful act after act ,is supose to clap for this guy,and im a hater? i guess im a hater . What i call character is what i think what make Stars, makes them ELITE ...The fact they wanna DOMINATE and put their NAME ALL OVER THE RECORD BOOKS AND FOLLOW PAST GREATS AND ACCOMPLISH THE SAME FEATS. I HATED KARL MALONE, BUT I THINK HE IS A GREAT PLAYER... I DISLIKE JAMES DUE TO HIS EGO BEING IMO FRAIL... THIS IS NO HATE JAMES BC HE PLAYS FOR MIAMI...I JUST HATE PUNK *** *****ES..POINT BLANK. AND HE ISNT A COMPETITOR,AND HIS FANS ARENT EITHER>

I don't know why you are acting like the dunk contest is a remotely important event. It is a joke and the most popular player wins, ask Iggy(or I guess really you should ask Nate). Lebron would win the contest. He could just do some power dunks with some props and a teammate involved and he would win no problem.

Lebron is dominating, I don't know how winning a meaningless dunk contest that I think is sponsored by one of his main endorsers would do anything.

What interview are you talking about him lying in?

Lebron left Cleveland in a way that was not very classy and pretty douchey, but you acting like his is some punk with no respect for anything or anyone is juvenile.

I'm a huge Kobe fan yet I find myself defending Lebron more than Kobe on this forum. I'm completely unbiased when it comes to Lebron. Unless you are from Cleveland, I don't know where the hate/dislike/no respect comes from

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't know why you are acting like the dunk contest is a remotely important event. It is a joke and the most popular player wins, ask Iggy(or I guess really you should ask Nate). Lebron would win the contest. He could just do some power dunks with some props and a teammate involved and he would win no problem.

Lebron is dominating, I don't know how winning a meaningless dunk contest that I think is sponsored by one of his main endorsers would do anything.

What interview are you talking about him lying in?

Lebron left Cleveland in a way that was not very classy and pretty douchey, but you acting like his is some punk with no respect for anything or anyone is juvenile.

I'm a huge Kobe fan yet I find myself defending Lebron more than Kobe on this forum. I'm completely unbiased when it comes to Lebron. Unless you are from Cleveland, I don't know where the hate/dislike/no respect comes from

i told u bro...read my post. i am a NBA FAN... i love jordan but i wouldnt mind if someone can surpass him. James is trying to do it;AND TO SURPASS A GREAT THERE HAS BEEN GROUND WORK LAID DOWN... MOST ELITES DONT LEAVE 1.UNTIL THEIR CLOSE TO 3O ,ON AN UNDERACHIEVING TEAM (it was disrepectful for James to blame a team where the org did all they could, gave you pieces to not stiffle your game AND YOU HAD THE BEST RECORD)

2. THE DECISION

3. Giving himself the moniker KING ....NAmes are earned not given to ones self (MARKETING TO YOU DUMMIES)

4. Flopping (no stars flop bc they get the calls anyway. The whole reason he flops/flopped took him down a notch in my book)

5. He let the MAvs punk him...i was rooting for MIami bc they were from the East,and i cpouldnt believe who he let them talk to him..ANd THE MAVS BACKED IT UP.

6. 3 loses in the finals. 2 where he had the best record in the NBA.

7.Him getting on TV during the dunk contest and lying about entering the next year.

8. When i seen Chris BOsh, on the bench during the Mavs/Heat finals cursing James and Wades *** out.(*not saying lesser players dont stand up,but James and Wade showed who they were..and theyre the BEST SG&SF? GTFOH both top 5 ? GTFOH)

9. Not being able to post JJ Barea ...this showed his TRUE LACK OF GAME..They PUT JJ ON JAMES, TO HIDE JJ AND JAMES COULDNT EXPLOIT IT...HE COULDNT BLAME CLEVLAND LIKE HE DID THE YEARS BEFORE.

I CAN GO ON...

BULLSFAN0810
02-03-2013, 07:00 PM
AND DONT FORGET #9.

HE GOT ON TV AND TALKED ABOUT THE FANS AFTER HE WAS BEATEN IN THE FINALS...AND I WAS ROOTING FOR THE DUDE... I DIDNT WANT TO SEE THE GUY LOSE LIKE HE DID...BUT TO SAY THIS ...IT ENDED FOR ME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oD5Srga9Fs

so if he enters the contest, idc..they were asking him to help keep a tradition going AND HE SAID NO...AND I WONT BEGG...IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE THE DUNK CONTEST IS DEAD, ALL HE HAD TO DO IS SHOW UP