http://i.minus.com/ioAb2pDo98aN0.gif

Damn he was pissed lol...

LAKobeBryant
01-31-2013, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INVbz7xd8qQ

flagrant 2

blahblahyoutoo
01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
the stupid league only hands down harsh punishments for punches thrown, as if players couldn't hurt others through other means.

MrfadeawayJB
01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Barnes is a punk anyways

RaginRondo17
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Ill never forget him faking the ball right into KB24 face and him not even blinking. Barnes is a punk.

justinnum1
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
was only a matter of time.

Fla.SticKy
01-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Barnes is a punk anyways

x2........Gonna laugh the day somebody punches him right in his d*** garage (mouth) for those of you wondering!

PleaseBeNice
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Most people on this site claim the league is too soft. We got guys like Perkins, Cuz, Barnes, etc tryin to make it not so soft. And you guys ***** about it. Pick the nba you want. buddy-buddy or real emotion?

Chronz
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Stiemsa got some back on Hill. Barnes has alot of hatred in him. But he can channel that energy and be a good spark off the bench

obrpunk
01-31-2013, 02:23 PM
So sick of Barnes. He wants to act like a hard ***** but can't hang when people play him hard. Resorts to punk moves every time.

popo85
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Matts cray haha in college he knocked out a PG from Cal and got hit by a chair in practice by a teammate.

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Most people on this site claim the league is too soft. We got guys like Perkins, Cuz, Barnes, etc tryin to make it not so soft. And you guys ***** about it. Pick the nba you want. buddy-buddy or real emotion?

There's a difference between playing tough and physical and down right dirty....

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Way to help your team Barnes... Was that really over a screen? Did something else happen before that?

Fla.SticKy
01-31-2013, 02:34 PM
There's a difference between playing tough and physical and down right dirty....

Bingo! Didnt he get in trouble for beating up his girlfriend a while back?

imagesrdecievin
01-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Really? "Choked him out" is how you would describe that? Bit of an exaggeration, no?

ThaDubs
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
OP totally exaggerating...
Also in the next possession in that game Greg committed a flagrant on Grant Hill and Ronny and Caron started pushing him and both got technicals.

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM

Yea a few times I think. He also got in trouble for threatening a police officer I believe last year. Seems he has his ups and downs off the court for sure, but I thought this year he's been pretty well behaved on the court till last night.

Enzo
01-31-2013, 02:45 PM

Since when does physically assaulting another player have anything to do with people complaining about how league has become too soft? Use your brain. When people say it's too soft they're talking about calling fouls on the slightest amount of contact. Not going after another player to kick the crap out of them.

WVNowitzki
01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Chokes him out? Another case of an idiot twisting a story to try and be some TMZ reporter. Thread title and OP are as bright as Matt Barnes.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Since when does physically assaulting another player have anything to do with people complaining about how league has become too soft? Use your brain. When people say it's too soft they're talking about calling fouls on the slightest amount of contact. Not going after another player to kick the crap out of them.
Actually he has a point, you cant tell me you've never heard people say "If this were the 80's/90's" you would get CLOTHESLINED for going into the paint and what not. That Charles Oakley would body slam you, that Mahorn and company would purposely hurt you etc....

You know the kind of **** weirdos say to prop up their favorite era. Yet those same weirdos seemingly have nothing to say about how much more physical the game was in its infancy, nobody clamors for those days either.

The truth is, the game is plenty tough, regardless of the era, each one has advantages/disadvantages and Ive yet to see a really thorough analysis of why one era would be considered tougher/harder/competitive, in any scope of the argument, than any other era.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Chokes him out? Another case of an idiot twisting a story to try and be some TMZ reporter. Thread title and OP are as bright as Matt Barnes.

Its not a choke but Barnes did leave some serious redness on his neck.

JesusNYY_Savior
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwzlLEzJ0MM

Chronz
01-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Way to help your team Barnes... Was that really over a screen? Did something else happen before that?

People just dont like Stiemsma, the 2 games prior hes been getting into it with other players as well. He plays too hard for some peoples liking, and when you combine that effort with the maddening energy of a Matt Barnes, its like having 2 combustible elements next to each other. Eventually **** happens

Ebbs
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Let him fight for ducks sake

NYKnickFanatic
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM

Yes, because that is relevant!

NYKnickFanatic
01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Everyone *****ing about Barnes. Shut up. You would love to have a guy like him on your team. I know I would.

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
People just dont like Stiemsma, the 2 games prior hes been getting into it with other players as well. He plays too hard for some peoples liking, and when you combine that effort with the maddening energy of a Matt Barnes, its like having 2 combustible elements next to each other. Eventually **** happens

Oh yea I can see that. I hadn't watched Stiemsma play too much to know that about him. But yea, it makes sense now.

apet8945
01-31-2013, 03:23 PM

Actually, he may have helped the team out with what he did. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but the Clippers were playing like they were asleep up until Barnes pushed Stiemsma and got ejected. Then Stiem gets back at Grant Hill and all of a sudden the Clippers got a fire lit up under them and started playing better. Kinda like how a hockey player gets into a fight to pump his team up. Or it could have just been coincidence.

kubernetes
01-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Poor Grant Hill paid the bill for Barnes.

KingPosey
01-31-2013, 03:47 PM
I think we have different opinions on being "choked out". He grabbed his throat like a cheap punk for a split second.

OceanSpray
01-31-2013, 03:51 PM

Coming from the guy with a Demarcus Cousins avatar. There's a huge difference between playing competitive and playing dirty. I didn't see anything wrong with the pick Stiemsma set. The guy is just a pathetic loser!

JNoel
01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Should be suspended at least 10 games.

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 04:03 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2097615/wolvesclips.gif

Caron Butler also choking out Stiemsma last night.

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Also for those thinking it was just a random fit of rage.

"He hit me with a couple of dirty picks early on and I told him to watch it, then he laughed and he hit me with another one," Barnes said. "I kind of lost my control, which I apologized to the team for. There's no excuse for that, but luckily it sparked the team."

pacofunk64
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Everyone *****ing about Barnes. Shut up. You would love to have a guy like him on your team. I know I would.

Ya probably but the fact is he's not so he's a punk *****, lol

Tony_Starks
01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Stiemsma is pretty gay for not stepping up. Barnes is crazy but if you're going to take cheap shots be prepared to back it up......

JNoel
01-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Stiemsma is pretty gay for not stepping up. Barnes is crazy but if you're going to take cheap shots be prepared to back it up......

It's called being smart. Why would he retaliate just to get in trouble? :facepalm:

Tony_Starks
01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
It's called being smart. Why would he retaliate just to get in trouble? :facepalm:

Actually it was Barnes that retaliated, Stiemsma was playing dirty the entire game. As later evidenced by Butler running up on him.

Nice facepalm btw, didn't know we still did that.........

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Stiemsa got some back on Hill. Barnes has alot of hatred in him. But he can channel that energy and be a good spark off the bench

Nothing remotely malicious on Hill. Barnes straight up went add Greg for no reason. The dude is a punk, face it.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Actually it was Barnes that retaliated, Stiemsma was playing dirty the entire game. As later evidenced by Butler running up on him.

why bother? Let the dude get kicked out and get some FT's. Steamer isn't a dirty player, he is a physical player. I have never seen him take a cheap shot on anyone or have a malicious foul while in a Wolves uniform.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM

"He hit me with a couple of dirty picks early on and I told him to watch it, then he laughed and he hit me with another one," Barnes said. "I kind of lost my control, which I apologized to the team for. There's no excuse for that, but luckily it sparked the team."

If Barnes thinks Greg sets dirty picks, he must think 80% of the big men in the league do it as well. Its called a screen dude, either get around it, or go under it.

BlinkManJan02
01-31-2013, 04:44 PM
My sister's boyfriend was on Stiemsma's team in high school, **** you matt barnes!

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Hawkeye no offense but you don't hear or see all the subtle things happening on the court. Barnes no doubt has a short fuse and can be a dick but he hasn't done something like this all year so I doubt it was unprovoked. I'm going to take his word that they had a few dust ups earlier and that he was instigated. He had a lot of anger behind that shove so it was clearly built up.

It's okay though the Clippers had the last laugh, so nothing to worry about. Not only did the Clippers manhandle the Wolves in these scuffles but they won the game. Stiemsma had the stupidity to flagrantly foul 40 year old Hill who's a highly respected vet who didn't do or say anything to him. So nothing brought me more joy than Caron snatching him up around the throat.

JNoel
01-31-2013, 04:46 PM

That's their fault for not being able to control their temper over being smart. I don't see how Barnes retaliated, its not like Stiemsma did any of that on purpose, Barnes obviously started it.

Thanks for the feedback on the facepalm. It is greatly appreciated.

onlythisfar41
01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
hmmmmm

Tony_Starks
01-31-2013, 04:50 PM
why bother? Let the dude get kicked out and get some FT's. Steamer isn't a dirty player, he is a physical player. I have never seen him take a cheap shot on anyone or have a malicious foul while in a Wolves uniform.

I don't know his throwing Hill down looked pretty dirty to me. Of course he is a ex-Celtic so you know Im biased man!!! lol

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
You can't just choke all your problems. You don't think I like to choke people? If I had my way, I’d never work. I’d just stay home all day, watch Scarface 50 times, eat a turkey sandwich, and have sex all ********* day. Then I’d dress up like a clown, and surprise kids at schools. Then I’d take a dump in the back of a movie theater, and just wait until somebody sat in it. Hear it squish. That’s funny to me. Then I’d paint, and read, and play violin. I’d climb the mountains, and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don’t got that kinda time. *Dave Chappelle voice*

JNoel
01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
You can't just choke all your problems. You don't think I like to choke people? If I had my way, I’d never work. I’d just stay home all day, watch Scarface 50 times, eat a turkey sandwich, and have sex all ********* day. Then I’d dress up like a clown, and surprise kids at schools. Then I’d take a dump in the back of a movie theater, and just wait until somebody sat in it. Hear it squish. That’s funny to me. Then I’d paint, and read, and play violin. I’d climb the mountains, and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don’t got that kinda time. *Dave Chappelle voice*

Agreed.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 04:54 PM
He's a wannabe thug that isn't about that life

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 04:57 PM

well like he said, there's no excuse for that. he has to keep his composure, guys throw hard picks all the time.

JNoel
01-31-2013, 04:57 PM

You aren't about that life.

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Actually, he may have helped the team out with what he did. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but the Clippers were playing like they were asleep up until Barnes pushed Stiemsma and got ejected. Then Stiem gets back at Grant Hill and all of a sudden the Clippers got a fire lit up under them and started playing better. Kinda like how a hockey player gets into a fight to pump his team up. Or it could have just been coincidence.

I could see that, by firing them up. They held on last night, I meant more so if he got suspended with them already shorthanded without CP3.

CityofTreez
01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Nothing new.....Barnes went to Del Campo High School.

Choked the life right outta him!

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM

Exactly...

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
I agree Barnes actions were unacceptable. But to act like he's just a ******** on a rampage who wanted to fight somebody is wrong. Stiemsma showed what kind of a douche he was when just a minute later he flagrantly fouled innocent, 40 year old class act.. Grant Hill who did NOTHING to him. If he had a problem with Barnes then he shouldn't have tucked his tail between his legs when he got manhandled by a player who weighs 210 pounds MAX.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't know his throwing Hill down looked pretty dirty to me. Of course he is a ex-Celtic so you know Im biased man!!! lol

He didn't even throw him down, just used a hard foul, and Hill happened to be at a bad angle and went down hard. It was an intentional foul, but not malicious at all.

yoseppii12
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2097615/wolvesclips.gif

Caron Butler also choking out Stiemsma last night.

This play is worse than what Barnes did. Barnes pushed him in the throat, big ****ing deal. What Steisma did here is a good way to injury someone, can you say bruised or broken tail bone...I had that once. Had to wear a little bouy thing around my butt everwhere I went because I couldn't sit down in class

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Hawkeye no offense but you don't hear or see all the subtle things happening on the court. Barnes no doubt has a short fuse and can be a dick but he hasn't done something like this all year so I doubt it was unprovoked. I'm going to take his word that they had a few dust ups earlier and that he was instigated. He had a lot of anger behind that shove so it was clearly built up.

It's okay though the Clippers had the last laugh, so nothing to worry about. Not only did the Clippers manhandle the Wolves in these scuffles but they won the game. Stiemsma had the stupidity to flagrantly foul 40 year old Hill who's a highly respected vet who didn't do or say anything to him. So nothing brought me more joy than Caron snatching him up around the throat.

Steamer is a player who gets under your skin. Every team has them, some multiple, I am not saying that. He knows the only reason he is in the league is to be a physical presence, because its not his basketball skill. He sets hard picks. Just like a ton of role playing bigs in the game. They are there to punish people.

Of course your team won the game, you are the more talented team right now, and while I think the whistles were even over the course of 48 minutes, the missed foul calls on you guys in the last few possessions, and what looked to me like a Blake walk were not called. That being said, we had the benefit of the whistle early. We are without our closer, and start a midget at SG. We can't possibly compete with you guys right now.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Exactly...

I think many don't know the difference between street ball or pickup versus a professional league, where checking your emotions can save valuable points that actually matter.

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
I think many don't know the difference between street ball or pickup versus a professional league, where checking your emotions can save valuable points that actually matter.

I know. As much as I don't like KG's style, he does just enough to get under your skin, and then when you react he backs off. And guess who's getting the T most of the times, or getting ejected. Usually not KG. And there's other guys who are like that and a lot of guys who have done that in the past.

If this was street ball, a lot of the guys who act tough or approach these some of these other guys knowing it'll be separated in 2 seconds probably wouldn't be so quick to react like that on the streets...

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 05:27 PM
I know. As much as I don't like KG's style, he does just enough to get under your skin, and then when you react he backs off. And guess who's getting the T most of the times, or getting ejected. Usually not KG. And there's other guys who are like that and a lot of guys who have done that in the past.

If this was street ball, a lot of the guys who act tough or approach these some of these other guys knowing it'll be separated in 2 seconds probably wouldn't be so quick to react like that on the streets...

In a pickup game, I call Steamer a pansy for not taking Barnes head after that. In the pro's, I call it smart.

OceanSpray
01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
In a pickup game, I call Steamer a pansy for not taking Barnes head after that. In the pro's, I call it smart.

In a pickup game, there are weapons. I don't think it's smart to fight someone in a pickup game without knowing the circumstances.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 05:54 PM
In a pickup game, there are weapons. I don't think it's smart to fight someone in a pickup game without knowing the circumstances.

I didn't grow up in Harlem, or the south side of Chicago dude. Where I grow up, you act like a man and use your fists, not a weapon, just like Craig's dad told him lol.

OceanSpray
01-31-2013, 05:55 PM
I didn't grow up in Harlem, or the south side of Chicago dude. Where I grow up, you act like a man and use your fists, not a weapon.

From what I know, that was ages ago. There are weapons everywhere these days.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 05:56 PM
From what I know, that was ages ago. There are weapons everywhere these days.

maybe so. I am 37. Haven't played streetball in years.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Nothing remotely malicious on Hill. Barnes straight up went add Greg for no reason. The dude is a punk, face it.
Nothing remotely malicious? Dont know about that one.

Face it? Face what? Arent you with the crowd that took pride in old school thugs?

Chronz
01-31-2013, 06:10 PM

I dont know if anyone in the NBA is about that life but hes as good a guess as anyone else.

Mr_Jones
01-31-2013, 06:11 PM

so.. fighting shows how tough you are?

**** out of here

TheWhiteMamba
01-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Barnes is a goon

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Barnes, DJ and Griffin are all in the top 10 in techs I think.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 06:14 PM
This play is worse than what Barnes did. Barnes pushed him in the throat, big ****ing deal. What Steisma did here is a good way to injury someone, can you say bruised or broken tail bone...I had that once. Had to wear a little bouy thing around my butt everwhere I went because I couldn't sit down in class
The risk for injury is higher but I dont think its worse, at least not by the book. Intent isnt as evident so you can only call a flagrant 1.

Lakers + Giants
01-31-2013, 07:03 PM

"Cuz" isn't tough or hard he's just immature. Big Difference.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-31-2013, 07:10 PM
so... did he retaliate after that screen or was it something else that happened between those 2 during the game?

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm not about that life.

Ok

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 07:16 PM
I dont know if anyone in the NBA is about that life but hes as good a guess as anyone else.

Why hasn't he done the same to Artest... Do it to someone who will fight back, than I'll give him credit. He's a wannabe thug

Sactown
01-31-2013, 08:32 PM
I loved Matt Barnes as a King, he lights a fire under his teammates ***** with passion and aggression.. I know a lot of you are saying "He shouldn't hurt his team by doing stupid ****", but honestly, when your team is slow and unenergetic and a player fights back, it has an affect on the whole team.. He pushes hard, and I bet that carries over in practice.. he goes out everynight and leaves everything on the court... I admire players like this, even if they occasionally go off.

and if you look, most contenders have these kind of players.. their affect on their team goes much further than stats could ever tell.

Most coaches will tell you, I'd rather have a player I have to calm down, than one who I have to light a fire under their *** to get going

Chronz
01-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Why hasn't he done the same to Artest... Do it to someone who will fight back, than I'll give him credit. He's a wannabe thug
I dont think he cares enough to do what you think qualifies him as a hard ***. I havent seen Artest do it to him, have you?

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 08:44 PM
I dont think he cares enough to do what you think qualifies him as a hard ***. I havent seen Artest do it to him, have you?

I've seen Artest go after tougher guy, can you say the same for Barnes?

I Rock Shaqs
01-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Black guys always try to start fight with white guys.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Nothing remotely malicious? Dont know about that one.

Face it? Face what? Arent you with the crowd that took pride in old school thugs?

Thugs? No. I am of the crowd that laughs when I read these young kids nowadays call someone like Wade dirty.

Obviously it was a retaliation foul, but Steamer has never had the rep of trying to take out someone, I think by the time he knew what he was doing, Hill was already taking a bad path downwards.

And being tough, and a punk, are two different things. Barnes has always been a punk.

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 08:51 PM

Lmao who has Artest went after? James Harden? Kobe? ***** please. Ben Wallace treated him like a ragdoll in Malice in the Palace and what did he do? Stare him down then start punching fans? People need to stop this kind of ******** and act like they know who is real and who is a fake tough guy. Barnes doesn't back down from anybody. Stiemsma is 6'11 265.... Barnes is 6'7 210 so to act like he's a ***** for picking a fight with a much bigger, stronger guy is IDIOTIC.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Lmao who has Artest went after? James Harden? Kobe? ***** please. Ben Wallace treated him like a ragdoll in Malice in the Palace and what did he do? Stare him down then start punching fans? People need to stop this kind of ******** and act like they know who is real and who is a fake tough guy. Barnes doesn't back down from anybody. Stiemsma is 6'11 265.... Barnes is 6'7 210 so to act like he's a ***** for picking a fight with a much bigger, stronger guy is IDIOTIC.

Stiensma is softer than baby ****....

Artest brung it to Wallace and was held back by his teammates. Barnes went after Stiensma and Kobe (same Kobe that got beat up by Chris Childs) not an impressive résumé

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Stiensma is softer than baby ****....

Artest brung it to Wallace and was held back by his teammates. Barnes went after Stiensma and Kobe (same Kobe that got beat up by Chris Childs) not an impressive résumé

Bulls***. Big Ben had Artest shaking in his boots and that fool laid down on the scorers table to calm himself down because he knew he would get wrecked. Barnes is one of the few legit "tough guys" and "enforcers" in the league who doesn't care who you are. He's not cherry picking a la KG but I've seen him go after anybody who tests him. Like Chronz said... has Artest went after Barnes? It's just as easy to flip it around to fit your agenda.

Artest went after Harden, Kobe, fans in the stands and Rondo. Wow he's a hard ***.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Bulls***. Big Ben had Artest shaking in his boots and that fool laid down on the scorers table to calm himself down because he knew he would get wrecked. Barnes is one of the few legit "tough guys" and "enforcers" in the league who doesn't care who you are. He's not cherry picking a la KG but I've seen him go after anybody who tests him. Like Chronz said... has Artest went after Barnes? It's just as easy to flip it around to fit your agenda.

Artest went after Harden, Kobe, fans in the stands and Rondo. Wow he's a hard ***.

Has Barnes went after Artest?

Ben didn't have nobody shaking hints why Artest fouled the **** out of him. Kobe is soft so I'll give you that, Rondo beat up Humphries so it's not like he's a slouch. Barnes fake like he was going to throw the ball at Kobe face but didn't.

RLundi
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Thugs? No. I am of the crowd that laughs when I read these young kids nowadays call someone like Wade dirty.

Obviously it was a retaliation foul, but Steamer has never had the rep of trying to take out someone, I think by the time he knew what he was doing, Hill was already taking a bad path downwards.

And being tough, and a punk, are two different things. Barnes has always been a punk.

And what makes you think Steisma isn't getting that reputation? The foul on Hill was a punk move, hands down. I don't classify Steisma as tough; do you?

RLundi
01-31-2013, 09:14 PM

Ben didn't have nobody shaking hints why Artest fouled the **** out of him. Kobe is soft so I'll give you that, Rondo beat up Humphries so it's not like he's a slouch. Barnes fake like he was going to throw the ball at Kobe face but didn't.

Um how about they are both a bunch of fake NBA tough guys who have the luxury of officials and teammates stopping any real altercation from happening within 10 seconds. Let these pampered athletes duke it out and I guaranteed we'd be seeing a league full of Melo's when he ran away from little Nate.

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM

He didn't expect Ben to shove him 20 feet back almost on his ***. Thing is he did NOTHING but stare at Ben, then lay down. For a guy supposedly that much of a legit badass you'd think he would have went after Ben but he didn't. Point is... Artest or others have done NOTHING to prove they are more legit as tough guys than Barnes.

Barnes comes across as a dude who would straight up kill somebody and actually has been in street drama on video so not sure why you'd think he's fake.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
He didn't expect Ben to shove him 20 feet back almost on his ***. Thing is he did NOTHING but stare at Ben, then lay down. For a guy supposedly that much of a legit badass you'd think he would have went after Ben but he didn't. Point is... Artest or others have done NOTHING to prove they are more legit as tough guys than Barnes.

Barnes comes across as a dude who would straight up kill somebody and actually has been in street drama on video so not sure why you'd think he's fake.

Wow he yelled at cops....WHO HASN'T?

Not impressed Barnes can look like a tough guy but the fact of the matter is he isn't.

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Wow he yelled at cops....WHO HASN'T?

Not impressed Barnes can look like a tough guy but the fact of the matter is he isn't.

Actually last month some dudes tried to hit CP3 up on the street and Barnes had to be held back from fighting 4 or 5 guys. Trust me... nothing is fake about this guy. Bottom line is Barnes didn't try to bully Stiemsma and cherry pick. I have zero doubt he would snap on anybody.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Actually last month some dudes tried to hit CP3 up on the street and Barnes had to be held back from fighting 4 or 5 guys. Trust me... nothing is fake about this guy. Bottom line is Barnes didn't try to bully Stiemsma and cherry pick. I have zero doubt he would snap on anybody.

Little ol CP3 had to hold him back? If he wanted to fight 5 guys I'm pretty sure he could of shook off CP3. It was all of show and he probably would gotten trashed by those guys!

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM

Little ol CP3 had to hold him back? If he wanted to fight 5 guys I'm pretty sure he could of shook off CP3. It was all of show and he probably would gotten trashed by those guys!

Clippersfan86
01-31-2013, 09:28 PM

Well you're entitled to your opinion. I guess the Clippers have a bunch of fake tough guys.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Well you're entitled to your opinion. I guess the Clippers have a bunch of fake tough guys.

Never said the Clippers as a whole, just Barnes

Cracka2HI!
01-31-2013, 09:33 PM

This is a pretty dumb post here. CF86 is schooling you pretty bad. This post takes the cake. His point is Barnes is a tough guy, not some fake *** who is going to go after Artest for the "crown". When he does these things it's who he is, he's not trying to be a "punk" or cherrypick soft players to make himself look tough. I don't know why you think he would want to pick a fight with Artest. He's just playing ball the way he plays, he's not trying to prove his manhood on the court.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
This is a pretty dumb post here. CF86 is schooling you pretty bad. This post takes the cake. His point is Barnes is a tough guy, not some fake *** who is going to go after Artest for the "crown". When he does these things it's who he is, he's not trying to be a "punk" or cherrypick soft players to make himself look tough. I don't know why you think he would want to pick a fight with Artest. He's just playing ball the way he plays, he's not trying to prove his manhood on the court.

Clip fans agree, why am I not surprise. It's my opinion

Sactown
01-31-2013, 09:40 PM

Ironically, they hate each other.

RLundi
01-31-2013, 09:49 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of kids- IS TO. My dad is tough and he can beat up your dad.

Who cares? Watch the damn game.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Like who?

But to answer your question, re-read the first post. I dont think Barnes cares about your barometer.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Like who?

But to answer your question, re-read the first post. I dont think Barnes cares about your barometer.

You're a clips fan so obviously you're going to look at him like a tough guy. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it

Chronz
01-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Who got into that off-season altercation in a pick up game this past offseason?

Chronz
01-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Barnes fake like he was going to throw the ball at Kobe face but didn't.
LMFAO

Are you being serious?

Chronz
01-31-2013, 10:05 PM
You're a clips fan so obviously you're going to look at him like a tough guy. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it
My opinion on Barnes has nothing to do with him being a Clipper, Ive felt this about him forever

And your welcome to your opinion just as we are welcomed to disagreeing with you. The point of my post was that you have nothing of substance to identify his "Fakeness" any more than we have proof of it. Its all opinion. You looking at "resumes" and who approaches who is irrelevant.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 10:08 PM

I dont know but those 2 rarely agree on anything, even Clip related issues.

Chronz
01-31-2013, 10:15 PM
So you never talked about getting roughed up as an aspect of the game you missed? Something about missing the tough guys back in the day?

Sounds like an oxymoron. If your retaliating, your acting with malicious intent. I think the reason he only got a flagrant 1 was because you cant prove he was intentionally retaliating. Wonder what the law says.

Subjectivity for the win.

kdspurman
01-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Um how about they are both a bunch of fake NBA tough guys who have the luxury of officials and teammates stopping any real altercation from happening within 10 seconds. Let these pampered athletes duke it out and I guaranteed we'd be seeing a league full of Melo's when he ran away from little Nate.

This... Sure there's some dudes who would throw down but most know it'll he separated very quickly so they take advantage of that.

BoozerYells
02-01-2013, 12:06 AM
barnes has been on 8 teams in 9 years. he must be a great locker room guy

Arch Stanton
02-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Barnes practices his tough guy routine with John Travolta inside the Scientology Museum.

Lakers + Giants
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Reggie Evans, Ibaka, Gerald Wallace, Pierce etc. . .

Not saying i'm proud of it but all tougher than Stiemsma.